distrust

Outside of Harrenhall the Starks marched. Joanna held her head high ignoring the scowls shed been receiving. Ever since she married Robb its like the Northerners have turned on her. She never had many allies she could trust to begin with but now it was worse. They refused to take her order and refused to even acknowledge her as a Stark. To them shed always be Lannister scum. Robb lead the way with Roose Bolton close by.

Joanna couldn't put her finger on it but she was cautious of him. His reputation terrified her as child, even the mere thought of his houses sigil was enough to give nightmares. And yet here he was fighting alongside them. The castle looked different to when she was the last time here. It looked different since the last time she and Arya had been here. It seemed deserted. The grey clouds covered the skies and the grass smelt damp. Not a single guard stood at post.

They rode into the castle with just as she expected - no one to be found. Where could they have gone? She thought to herself. She mounted off her horse as she approached her husband. Joannas face grew pale when she saw it.

"Once again Lord Tywin never ceases to outdo himself." She grimaced at the pool of blood she stepped in. Joanna looked to Robb whose face carried nothing but defeat and anger. Northern men lying in the court. Swords, spears and arrows littered through their bodies. Limbs ripped apart. She held her breath as the court stank from the dead bodies with flies swarming over it. She turned her head to see Arya and Catelyns reaction both dumbfounded by the horrid scene.

Arya looked to Joanna with concern - how could it have happened? Seemed only yesterday they were held captives between these walls with guards protecting the Tywin and now - now it was nothing but stones dilapidated. Joanna turned her head to Lord Karstark and Bolton and even the horror on their faces spoke millions of words.

"Two hundred North men slaughtered like sheep." Lord Karstarks said to Roose

"The debt will be repaid my friend. For them and for your sons. "

"Will they? The rot in the ground while their killer runs free."

"The kingslayer won't run free for long. My best hunters are after him." He responded as they overlooked their King.

King in the North felt like an insult to Robb now. He could feel himself losing control over his men and this war. He blamed no one but himself. But he woke up everyday thanking the gods he married the woman he died. Joanna was the only thing keeping him sane during the times of madness. King in the North and yet it felt like this war was killing the North.

"Ser Mallister. He served my father." Catelyn said in a hushed tone. Arya gripped her mothers hand as she looked to her oldest brother. Ever since Jaime had been set free the tension between the two had been unbearable and when Catelyn heard news that the two of them had gotten married -

Find her a chamber that will serve as a cell. Robb ordered his men. Catelyn looked down as she walked off shunned from her own child. Joanna knew better than anyone that no parent was perfect - there had been far too many times where Cersei proved her mistrust but for better or worse it didnt mean she stopped loving her mother.

"Robb, she's your mother." Joanna attempted to persuade him

"She freed Jaime Lannister. The Lannisters robbed them of their sons and she robbed them of their justice." He answered sternly

"When you say Lannister does that include me?" Joanna retorted. He didn't answer - their conversation interrupted by the painful coughs of a man lying underneath the corpes. Joanna rushed to him as she carefully placed the corpses next to him and help him to take a seat on a piece of rubble. Robb followed his wife as he offered the injured man water