What We Hope For (Sans X Read...

By Grace97721

Everyone has a happy ending. If you're not happy it's not the end . . . . ... More

1~ Home!?
2 ~ Mystery House
3 ~ !THE GREAT PAPYRUS!
4 ~ Looks Like We're Snowd-in
5 ~ Red and Purple Eyed Nightmares
6 ~ Echos of Waterfall
7 ~ The Matchmaker's Plan
8 ~ Missing Memories
9 ~ The Ultimate Slumber Party
Stems of Secrets
Robots and Otaku's
Do I Dare to Take a Risk?
Howdy!
Bad Flower, Mad Skeleton
No More Skipping Leg Day!
Cooking with a killer robot~☆
MTT Mall & Spa
♡Dating Start!♡
With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility
.Don't believe his lies.
Bio-Blue Gymnasium
Face Your Fear
The Tell-Tale Heart
All is Forgiven
Time is Relative
This is Halloween 🎃 Part 1
This is Halloween 🎃 Part 2
☆Movie night☆
Nice Cream
Introducing: Goat Mom!
Feast for kings
A battle so brutal
🧁Bake Sale🧁
♡Dating Tense!♡
Christmas Special 🎄 The MTT Late Night Show
Sheriff Who?
No More Lies
You're not drowning
Lovely Morning
The Story's Not Over Yet
A Promise To You
♡Dating Fight!♡
The Bake-Off
True Lab
Tea Time
The calm before...
Taken
Where are you?
HP : Diminishing
Groundhog Day
Hope
An Ending
A/n Afterword
Extra #1~How Sans and the reader met
Extra #2~Genocide AU
Extra #3~Q&A
Extra #4~ Sheriff Hiss' Past
!ANNOUNCEMENT!
Update A/N
SEQUEL IS OUT!
Secret project has now been published!

☆The Live show☆

1K 44 58
By Grace97721

Sans' POV

"C'MON SANS! I REFUSE TO BE LATE AGAIN!"

"we were only a minute late to the bake-off."

"I KNOW CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? MY REPUTATION IS RUINED!"

"that's one fragile reputation. you could say that it's"

"DON'T SAY IT. . . ."

". . . ." I was about to crack a pun. Then I realized I didn't know what to say. "actually i got nothing. oh crap now this is gonna be bothering me for the rest of the day."

"THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR TELLING BAD JOKES ALL THE TIME! SO WHERE DID THEY SAY THE LIVE SHOW WAS GOING TO BE?"

"uh in the mtt resort. although that confuses me because i know that there is not a big enough stage in there."

"MAYBE THEY.... EXPANDED THE HOTEL?"

"maybe... well let's get going."

A teleportation later and we were at the MTT entrance. It's a little off to be back. Especially after yesterday's mess . . . .

We got to the auditorium. I looked around astonished. It is larger than I imagined. A glass dome surrounded ue showing the rock ceiling. It kept the inside cool.

The place wasn't really full. The intention of the live show was for it to be filmed live. I'd say there was relatively the same number of monsters as the bake-off.

With Y/n and Papyrus' win we got two VIP tickets. That meant we got front row view of the stage. The stage was tall so I am a glad I brought a stool. With it I was almost at Papyrus' height.

"SANS! YOU FINALLY GOT YOUR GROWTH SPURT!" He joked.

"can you please not."

"Yo Sans! You finally grew a few more inches!" Undyne yelled from afar.

"the next person who mentions something about my height will be knocked out by the stool!"

She shrunk back. "Yeah alright! Cool, cool...!"

Frisk went next to me and placed an even taller stool. She stood on it. "So much better. Now I can at least see their feet."

"preach." We fist bump.

Alphys had trouble seeing the stage as well. Undyne carried her over her shoulders.

"This VIP place suuuck. I had to pay 200g for this!?" Frisk complains.

"Wait until the show starts Frisk! I heard that it's gonna be awesome!" Undyne encouraged.

I looked around the audience. Most monsters were farther back. Food vendors sold all kinds of snacks. I am considering on buying a hot dog.

Two specific vendors caught my eye. One was Muffet. Her donuts were selling out since she decided to lower the price. Another was Nice Cream Guy. He didn't get far, some monster children jumped him. Hey aren't those the kids that accused me of being a cookie thief? Eh whatever serves him right.

Papyrus and Frisk were talking while I continued to watch the action. Ha! Monster kid kicked his stand over.

"SANS LOOK! THEY ARE STARTING!" Papyrus shouted. I turn my attention back to the stage.

The lights around us dimmed until only the spotlights remained. Very cheerful music played, it boomed around the place. So loud that it even drowned out Papyrus' voice.

A figure slowly appeared from below the stage. It was non other then....

Burgerpants! Wearing his best attire I presume. He wore an abstract patterned button down shirt, dark colored pants, fancy sneakers and a black fedora. 

"Hello people of the Underground!" He spoke through his mic.

Everyone cheered him on. "As you can see, I got a promotion from my job. I can kiss my low wages goodbye! Although, I will miss pressuring the customers to buy food."

The crowd of monsters laughed. Most of them remembing their own experience.

"But enough about me! We know why we are all here. To see our two favorite stars dressed up in revealing clothing." He speaks smoothly.

Hey, don't call me out.

"So be prepared to party, dance, sing, and cheer! You know, this today is such a good day! Are you feeling good?"

The monsters around us shouted yes.

"Then Mettaton has the perfect song for you to start off the night! Hit it!" He pointed to the upper back of the stage, the spotlight followed suit. At the elavated level sat a piano with a glammed up Mettaton wearing a glittered pink outfit. (Similar to Lil Nas X's outfit from the 2020 Grammy. With less cowboy influence. Idk felt like a fitting outfit for him.)

The song began to play. A familiar one that I believe I heard once. A slow start but it had be interested to see what came next.

I thought it was going to be more of a formal concert, the next song proved me wrong.

"you'd think they'd put a warning on language." I comment. I'm don't want Papyrus learning any bad words.

"Who cares!! This is f***ing awesome!" Frisk jumped.

And there goes one, Toriel come get your child.

The song transition to another. Instead of Mettaton singing a feminine voice did.

"Is that...!? Y/n singing!?" Undyne looked confused.

"Y-yes it is!! L-look she's up there!!" Alphys pointed to the upper area of the stage.

Y/n was singing to the music. I have to admit that took me by surprise. Mettaton must have forced her to sing at least one song. Her outfit was definitely celebrity-like. Something I have never seen her wear before. Yet it looked perfect on her. (You get to choose what you wear since I am already choosing so much.)

Her dancing wasn't much since she was singing but it did give me a taste of what was to come. I'd say that was what I was most looking forward to tonight.

When the song stopped. She bowed to the crowd, our eyes met and she her smile widened. The spotlight moved away from her, back to Burgerpants.

"Now that is what I call an introduction. Say we have been seeing a lot of singing, but I don't see much dancing. We all know that Mettaton is a great dancer, so before we get to see y/n, let's see him first."

When the lights switched back, the stage was different. It was leveled now. A cyan hue lit the area. A cool background shown behind the screen. And to no ones surprise Mettaton was a great Dancer.

I might have ignored most of it. I didn't have much of an interest for his performance. I did perk up when the next performance began. It was a duet an obviously y/n was the other dancer. The lights and background went purple.

I didn't like how . . . how do I put it . . . suggestive it was. But whatever it's over. It's just a dance anyway. I don't care. Not at all.

Okay, maybe a bit.

A lot more than a bit.

I'll bother Mettaton about this later.

"Wish that was you dancing with y/n huh!?" Undyne raised her eyebrows.

"yes...." I grumble. Although, I am not too big on dancing.

"GO Y/N AND METTATON! AREN'T THEY GREAT SANS?"

"uhuh."

Y/n's solo was next.

Now this is what I was waiting for.

Sure her singing was great and the duet was good too. But this was her moment. She would talk to me how excited she was for performing again. It's amazing to witness someone reaching their biggest dreams.

The rest of the show alternated between singing and dancing. The singing was done by Mettaton and y/n danced. I got that hotdog I wanted. Papyrus and the others bought a whole bunch of light up accessories. They might have gotten too into the concert craze.

It was past midnight when Burgerpants showed up again.

"Well look at that we are about to enter the last song of the night." He sighed. Most monsters whined. "But don't worry we will end with a bang. Well it is a big song, but not in the cheerful sense. Y/n spent the time to compose her own original song for you tonight. If you wish to listen to the song whenever you wish, then please stop by the MTT live show souvenir shop. Dammit I'm still advertising in this job." Some of the audience laughed along, others tapped their foot impatiently.

An original song huh? I wonder what it will be about.

(We all know Billie Eilish, her brother and a whole bunch of other people wrote this song. But let's pretend in this world you did ;) )

I tried to pay attention to the lyrics and read into the meaning of it. I only could connect few dots. She is good with keeping things discrete. I stopped paying attention to the lyrics when she hit that high note. That was awsome.

With the music ending everyone, including me, applauded. Burgerpants closed the concert with a final goodbye and almost all of the crowd ran to the souvenir shop to buy the song. We went backstage to praise y/n, Mettaton and Burgerpants.

The three were chating amongst eachother. Another figure soon appeared. I believe that was Mettaton's cousin, Napstablook. Mettaton switched his attention to him.

Papyrus ran up to y/n and tackled her into his bone crushing hugs. "Y/N YOU WERE SO COOL!"

"Thanks Papyrus. Mind letting go I can't breathe." She wheezed.

"OH RIGHT."

She was then tackled into another hug by Undyne. Well more of a head lock. "I didn't know you were so talented punk!"

"N-not only that but your outfit is super cute! Y-your's too Mettaton!" Alphys added.

"Thanks but I'm far from talented. There was a lot and I mean a lot of practicing involved."

"You should have heard her. Sounded like a dying bird in the beginning." Burgerpants joked.

"Haha very funny." She sarcastically said. The others congratulated Burgerpants' promotion. Y/n walked up to me and wrapped her arms around my shoulders.

"How did I do?"

"it's a 10 out of 10 from me."

She gave me a kiss and moved her arms back down. I noticed the ring on her finger.

"you kept it on?"

"Yep. It's my good luck charm." Her sentence made me blush.

Everyone continued to talk amongst eachother. Frisk and y/n soon got into another small arguement. They've been like that since the incident.

All of us got y/n's song for free. We had the "friend discount". I got mine digitally. I'll most likely be listening to it daily from now on.

After a bit of partying we each went back to our homes. It was late, about 2 a.m. I read Papyrus his bedtime story, he was out by the first page. When I entered the room I was a little surprised that y/n wasn't there. I found her down stairs in the living room lost in thought.

"C'mon it's late. You had a long day." I tell her. She stayed in place.

"Sugarbean what's on your mind?"

"The show."

"What about it?"

"It was . . . What's the word . . . Lackluster."

I sat down next to her. "How so?"

"It wasn't what I thought it was going to be like. I guess imagined it was going to be like how it was in the past. Exhilarating, addicting. Instead I felt . . . . . . Nothing."

I let her go on. "I keep trying to go back to the past. To before everything went sour. I was hoping that with doing so, everything would be a little more normal.  To pretend that nothing ever went wrong. . . But by doing so, I am only trapping myself further. I realize now that if I ever want things to be better. I have to move on."

"So, you're gonna stop dancing?"

"I don't want to completely stop. I just think it would be better to keep it as a hobby. Search for something new."

I sigh "Whatever you choose. I will be right there to help you. All I ask is that you continue to tell me what is bothering you."

"I hope you can do the same." She placed her hand on top of mine. I couldn't bring myself to say anything. I only nodded.

Sure I told her about the resets but it's still not easy to talk about it.

Move on . . . . I hope I can do the same.

She yawned. "Alright, now I am going to bed. I am so exhausted."

"Does that mean you will be sleeping in?" I ask.

"For sure."

"yes!"

_______________________________________

Ugh another chapter written almost last minute. My weeks are so busy since I've had more classes added. Good thing 40% of this chapter is YouTube videos lol. I am so glad I finally got this chapter out. It has been in planning for weeks. Anyway expect slower updates for the time being. See you soon!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 131 16
(Y/n) was a normal person. Around 17 years old. They didn't believe in those stupid fairy-tales. One day, one of her friends decided to dare them to...
12.4K 259 29
Y/N was the eldest of the royal family. Her life was great. She was turning 16, the age where she'll be able to help her parents with royal duties, a...
10.5K 339 74
Y/n is a music teacher, known for making music, and/or covering music and songs. Now, your working days at school are over, and decided to take a tr...
35.2K 1K 24
(Y/N) is an artist. An extraordinary one to say the least. She is quickly climbing her way up the ranks. And who knows, one day she may even become f...