Home, Bitter Home

By Omah_005_

Fierce, rich and bold Ellen Carson after the death of a family member allegedly by the doings of her lover fl... More

CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE.
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY- ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY- TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY- FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

CHAPTER FOUR

95 35 59
By Omah_005_

It is my first time writing about club, drinks and hot attractive males so don't be brutal, constructive criticism is welcomed, pardon my mistakes and there is room for correction.

~~~~~
We stopped in front of a restaurant, got down, and went inside. Renee and I were confused, it was nothing of a club but we continued following Jo. She went straight to the back through the kitchen and out in the alley. She continued going and went through a door on the opposite building. Inside there were bouncers; two of them, at the double doors.

"They are with me, first-timers," Jo told the bouncers. We just stared at Jo, and Jo stared at the bouncers. They opened the doors and before my eyes was a club.

"Welcome to Billy Marney's empire." He declared.

"Thanks, Rondel," Jo addressed one.

"Bonne soirée : have a good evening," He nodded.

Dim blue lights, music raging from the sound systems, liquor flowing, the room was abuzz with social chatter, people were dancing.

We walked round to the side and looked down to see the center, more people were down there. We then turned around and took the stairs down and moved over to the bar.

"How about we start on something soft!" Jo stated and turned to the bartender, shouting at the top of her voice, "help us out here, anything good. Your special!"

After that, we turned to check out the dance floor and it was mad. People going crazy, Jo and I pointed out the weird drunk dancers and laughed.

"Guys I don't feel good!" Renee announced.

"Are you homesick?!" Jo mocked.

"Loosen up Renee. Believe it or not, you'll have fun. How about something stronger. Jo?!" I tried to ease her up.

"I've got it!" Then to the bartender, "how about you take it up a notch for my friend here!"

"Tequila?" He asked.

"Whatever, it should be good." According to the order he prepared three shots. I drank, Jo drank, Renee was stalling but eventually drank; quite strong but still sane.

"Salut ladies!" I heard. We turned to a tall pale man. Dark hair, not so muscular, and really cute.

"Hello, handsome!" I said and he laughed. Oddly, I'd say he blushed.

"Hi!" Jo and Renee chorused, Renee extended her hand for a shake.

"Hey, I know you!" he said to Renee.

"How so?!" She asked.

"You did a job for my friend some time back! He told you what he wanted and your plan was perfect! You are great at your line of work!" The man praised Renee.

"Thanks, I love perfect!" Renee blushed.

"Renee!" I poked her arm.

"No, I'm not the one!" She corrected. But it was beyond late.

"Even you Ellen Carson. From Narsco Corps. You are popular on every side!" He told me.

"Hello! Again."

"You are Paris darling!" He breathed out.

"Thanks!"

"Since you know. Hi, I'm Jolie Doyle, nice to meet you!" Jo spoke.

"It is you," he pointed her.

"Yes, it is!" Jo nodded.

"I'm honored!" He admitted.

"Are we that obvious?!" Renee was worried.

"No, don't worry about it. In here either people naturally don't care or are too drunk to care but be careful outside keep your distance, it still works the same!" The eased her worry.

"I said the same thing!" Jo lied.

"Jo! You..." Renee charged.

"Let her be, it's hopeless!" I stopped Renee and Jo stepped beside him.

Smiling at their banter he continued, "My name's Jontae!"

"And I'm Reynard!" Someone else spoke appearing beside him. Same height with the first, slightly tanned and with blond hair combed slickly to a ponytail at the back. He was beautiful in a daring kind of way.

"Another handsome. Not bad, I am liking this place!" I said smiling.

"Reynard, that sounds wrong!" Renee decided.

"Just say welcome!" I told her.

"He is here for me! Where have you been?!" Jo said taking his arm and hung onto it.

"I was over...." he tried.

"Whatever! Let's dance!" she interrupted.

"But, I want to talk with them!" The newcomer protested.

"You'll do that later!" Jo said dragging him away.

"Jo, don't forget we are new here!" I shouted but she didn't listen, she was already lost with the crowd. "Forget it," I said under my breath. I felt his accent was deep.

"Looks like you are stuck with me," Jontae spoke smiling.

"Looks like huh?!" I smirked a little.

The few more rounds we took as Jo was gone began taking a toll on Renee. At five I felt her slipping away, we danced together then she was with Jontae. She seemed to enjoy chatting with him and that was a win for us tonight.

Most of the time, I felt eyes piercing my back. I knew they were of the opposite sex but failed countless times in catching him in the act as he was quick to divert attention.

I then excused myself to the restroom; neither Renee nor Jontae responded, they either didn't hear or didn't care.

Instead of the restroom I just went out of sight and as I expected he left his friends to search for me, moving slowly in the direction I was once seated.

I turned around and appeared behind him.

"Who are we looking for?!" I tiptoed and said into his ear from behind.

He was more startled than I expected. "Do not ever try that again!" He practically clutched his heart.

He was tanned that from the light I couldn't tell if he was black or it was a real tan. And not in any way lacking in the looks, he was taller than me and had a great build.

"Ever is a very long time, how about we talk about why you are watching me first!" I demanded.

"Who says I was watching you?!" he smiled wildly.

"Then who were you watching?!" I wondered.

"It could be anybody!" He shrugged.

"So you are watching someone?!" I rose an eyebrow.

"Of course not!" he insisted with a rather playful eye roll.

At this point, I was exasperated. He came across as arrogant, nonchalant, and rude.

"I don't appreciate people monitoring me. Knock it off!" I walked past, hitting his arm with my shoulder as I went.

"Wait!" he stopped me.

"Why?!" I yelled.

"Huh?!"

"What?!"

"Yes, I was watching you!"

"Shocker!" I raised my hand to my chest like I was indeed shocked.

"Are you always this annoying?!" He wondered with a smirk on his face. Such smug look but he called me annoying.

"Thanks! I'm blessed!" I crossed my arm and leaned back.

"Why don't we try this again. Hello, I'm Donald!" He smiled again.

I didn't reply.

"Have we met before?!"

"Of course not! If we have, you wouldn't be watching me like that!" I stated.

"Tell me when spotting true beauty became a crime!" He was smirking again and I could feel the unease in my stomach.

I wanted to answer that but Jo appeared and crossed her hand on my shoulder. "Hello! You are?!" She asked him.

"Donald!" He happily answered.

"Jolie! Nice to meet you!" She nodded.

"Pleasure's all mine! But your friend, not so much!" He commented while checking me out with a smile.

"Ellen's a tough one, she's natural!" Jo encouraged.

He turned to me. "Ellen is your name?! Pretty name for a pretty lady!"

"Oh stop trying!" I rolled my eyes.

"Ellen, I'll be in the ladies' room! I don't feel good!" Jo told me.

"Are you OK?! Should I come with you?!" I feigned concern.

"No, you're busy! I'll just hurl it out!" she replied, denying me intentionally.

"I don't mind!" I pushed further.

"It's OK, ça ira: I'll be fine!"

"I know you would, I just want to come!" I let my words trail away.

"Hello?! I'm still here!" Donald reminded.

"Are you? I forgot!" I showed an obviously forced smile.

"Are you always this, what's the word, insensitive?!" Donald wondered as he took a sip from the drink in his hand.

"I am? An honor getting such compliment from arrogance himself!" I brushed it off.

"Thanks, I get that a lot but I try to think it's not true!" He played it cooler than most would and even chuckled.

"And how's that working for you!" I smirked. But my phone rang, it was Margaux.

I looked at him for few seconds before I turned and left him. I looked for the closest exit and went out to answer.

She wanted to know if I would be back early as that was her way of knowing where I was if I forgot to tell her. Margaux said it's for security purposes.

"So should Delroy scratch dinner?" She wondered.

"No, when I get back I would like to eat." I ran a hand through my hair.

"OK then, I'll let him know."

All of a sudden I heard loud noises and people started dashing out.

"I'll call you back Margaux!"

With everybody running in different directions nobody would stop to tell me what was going on, but some people were shouting -police everybody out- and that's all I needed to hear, my eyes started spinning.

I kept myself steady and turned on my heels out of the alley, the streets were flooded with people averting the police, I needed to get Jo and Renee.

First, I went to the car and Renee was already there. On seeing me, she came.

"Where you been?! Do you know what is going on in there?! It is crazy! I was having my drinks with Jontae when the police came in. I didn't wait, a second more and I was out!" Renee rumbled.

Jo never told us the place had things against the police. "Dammit! where is Jo?!" I asked.

Renee shook her head, "I don't know! Last I saw her was with that dude!"

"She must be inside searching for us. We can't leave without her, stay here I'm going back." I turned back.

Renee held onto me. "Are you sure? I say we find somewhere and wait till everything dies down."

"By then, Jo would be in jail."

"Fine then, go do your thing. If I don't see you in ten, I'm out. I'll come bail y'all tomorrow!" She went back to stand beside the car.

That, I know she wouldn't do so I ignored her and left. I decided to go through the exit, not the entrance.

At the door were two police cars and one officer that was on a call.

Right when I was about to go, I was pulled back.

"Are you crazy?! Where are you going?!" Jo shouted wild-eyed.

"I was looking for you!" Did I have to say it? Wasn't it obvious?

"Here I am, you found me now let's get out of here!" She held my hand and turned back.

Heels were not made with running as a purpose for it so I'd say we speed-walked instead. But running wasn't what I wanted either, I wanted to shout at her and hand her to the cops for her doings.

"Why didn't you tell us the place had issues!" I started.

"It doesn't."

"But?" I asked.

"There is an underground room, VIP only!" She continued.

"And?"

"I promise I didn't know," Jo implored.

"What!" I was running low on patience.

"They say there are certain shady deals there, drugs and all." Jo let out in one breath.

"You took us to a drug cartel?!" I was bewildered.

We had reached the car and Renee was impatiently waiting. "What happened!"

"Jo here took us to a drug cartel!" I announced.

"I promise I didn't know until today!" Jo beseeched.

"Hello!" Donald appeared beside me. "Nobody knew about this whole incident, I hope you're okay."

"Are you stalking me?" I asked.

"Around here, we have something called freedom of movement you must have heard. So, no, I'm not stalking you. I just forgot to ask for phone number." He smiled and brought out his phone.

"Sorry, I don't give out my number." I sighed with fake pity.

"Oh, that's okay, I wasn't talking about your number. Ms. Jolie, do you mind?" He turned and handed it to Jo.

"No! I love giving my number out to people I just met," she was being sarcastic but gave it anyway.

He handed her his card and handed me one.

"You should have one too, just in case."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

515K 18.1K 30
(Mature content) (Highest ranks listed) (Editing slowly) A simple last night out with my girls before I move to America. Drinks are flowing, hips mov...
1M 41.5K 60
"you're no one to me", his words echoed in my ears but what was it all when he kissed me; merely an illusion? It felt so real and lively. "...and ju...
470K 14.3K 35
Xavier King:- 28 years Old business man. CEO of Maxwell & King Co. Multi-billionaire, Sexy, Intelligent, Cocky, Possesive, Devilishly handsome. He is...
13K 187 8
Dominique - A hurricane tore this sweet southern girl from her family. She moved to California to escape the memories and forget the pain. It worked...