Royal Innocence

Von bethia9

He was the prince. I was the Duke's daughter. He was my brother's best friend. And my sworn enemy. There was... Mehr

Prologue
1-Those are muscles, not fat!!
2- Are you stuffing your bra?
3- That Waters dude dies and Haley chick cries.
4 - You look like a clown!
5 - no PDA in front of brother!
6 - I'm an eighteen year old guy, for God's sake!
7- I said goodbye, my last goodbye, to her.
9 - Oh my freaking cherries!!
10 - No swearing, my Prince
11 - He-who-shall-not-be-named and Piglet broke up
12 - But, just so you know, I'm still hotter.
13 - Have you seen my idiot brother and HRH?
14 - Why was everyone grabbing a freaking sandwich?
15 - Brictionary
16 - It's Christine Daae, not Christine Dying
17 - Like you are the last two pieces of brownies on earth
18 - I thought British boys were supposed to be gentlemen.
19 - future princess, stop staring at Prince charming.
20 - Never been so happy to see the door!
21 - No!! Jason! Don't leave me!!
22 - Hey, nice day, isn't it? Hope you enjoyed it coz I'm gonna kill you.
23 - What are you expecting me to feel?
24 - Yeah and one night stands happen upon the first meeting
Special Announcement
25 - You know the feeling, the feeling when you think life can't get any worse?
26 - I'm sorry for being muscular
27 - My brother's already like a bull who saw a red cloth.
Something to say (not an update)
28 - Here goes nothing
29 - Dude, you're swearing like you are a Glader in Maze Runner
30 - Lover boy and Mr. Protective
31 - Like a Skyscraper
32 - To Lady Brianna Huntley
Epilogue
Acknowledgements
Royal Announcements - Plans
Royal Announcements - new book
THANK YOU + new book

8 - Just open ur freaking door!!

4.3K 140 30
Von bethia9

♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬

Chapter 8: Just open ur freaking door!!

I've made it again, the news headlines. Not because of some glorious thing I did, but because of my alleged murder.

Lady Brianna not so innocent!!

Cordelia killed by lady Brianna?

The lady not so lady after all!!

Lady Brianna not who we thought she was?

Her grace, Lady Brianna arrested on suspicion of murder!!

Lady Brianna going the royal way!!

I stared at the screen of my phone. Trisha had taken photos of different news headlines on her way to school and sent them to me.

I then sent Dallas the photos and texted him, asking him to get someone to get those newspapers.

Ashton had gone back to school a day ago. Mom and Dad had come back and saw no reason why he shouldn't. I didn't have to because Luke said it would be better if I stayed at home. He said I was lucky because most people seemed to still believe me, so I wouldn't be teased. However, he also said that may change and said if things got worse, I might have to consider being homeschooled.

On the bright side, the police hadn't found any evidence on me yet.

I hadn't seen Toby ever since that day, we talked on the phone though. He had wanted to see me, but I refused. The only people who had seen me (except the help in our house) were Ashton, Mom, Dad, Luke and Jason. I didn't like it of course, seeing Jason walking around my house, I mean, but I had no choice since he insisted to help with the case. I had to admit, this might, MIGHT, be the other side of Jason I had never seen. So, except them, I hadn't seen anyone else, not even my best friend or boyfriend.

And so I decided to spend the morning doing my homework. I had an essay to write, 20 math problems...

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Hey babe, wt r u doing?x -Toby

Finishing the last bit of my hw:( u? x -B

Ask me where am I x -T

I rolled my eyes.

Where r u?x -B

Guess:)

In ur car? At ur hse? Idk?

Try again;)

Idk... Just tell me already.

Okay!! Open ur door.

Wt?

Just do it! Get up fm ur couch!

How do u know I'm on my couch?

U ALWAYS text on ur couch!

I do?

Just open ur freaking door!!

Ok, ok, I'm coming

I started slipping on my slippers when I realised Toby never told me where he was, so I picked up my phone again.

Wait, u never told me where r u. x -B

After clicking send, I started getting up, but before I could even stand up straight, my bedroom door flew open to reveal a green-eyed blonde boy.

"Toby!!" I cried, running towards his open arms.

"Hey baby, how are you?"

"As fine as a girl who's been accused of murdering her grandmother." I said with sarcasm.

"Why didn't you tell me you were coming? I'd wear something prettier." I said, looking my outfit, an old t-shirt of Ashton's and a pair of shorts.

"First, you'd look pretty wearing rags. Second, would you have let me come if I asked you?" He replied, running his fingers along mine. I blushed.

"I guess not. I'm glad you didn't though, I missed you." I sighed, leaning onto his chest.

"And I you. But seriously, how are you? You've kinda ignored that question every time." He asked, I sighed. That was the truth, besides refusing to see him, I ignored all of his "are you alright" "talk to me" texts/ phone calls.

"Fine, I'm not okay. I'm far from okay. My grandma-like figure just died and I'm accused of killing her, AND I did kill her since my stupid broth caused her death. And I'm now a suspect, and I can't go to school, not that I miss it, but I miss being the normal teenager I was four days ago. And I..." Tears were rolling down my cheeks and even though I'd wiped them again and again, they just wouldn't stop, so I gave up altogether.

"Shh Shh, It's okay, don't cry." Toby said, wiping my tears and then hugging me.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

We stayed like that for a while, until I finally stopped crying and we talked instead. We talked about a lot, including my case, he didn't exactly give effective ideas, but it was nice to say everything out loud.

"I never knew you could get Venetia, I thought it was long gone or something." Toby was saying.

"Hmm." I replied.

Just then, someone strolled into my room, I looked up to see Jason.

"Couldn't you at least knock?" I grumbled.

"I didn't know your boyfriend's here, Piglet, besides, you seemed fine when I forgot to knock yesterday." He smirked.

"Well, you should-" I began, but I was interrupted by the boy who had his arms around me.

"Wait, what? He was here yesterday?"

"Yeah, and the two days before too. " Jason replied easily. I turned towards Toby and looked at him, confused.

“Oh, um good.” Toby nodded his head and looked at his watch which I gave him, and said, “Sorry, guys, but I gotta go. I’ll see you soon.”

With that, he untangled himself from me and went out.

“Wait, Tobes!” I cried, running after him, I almost tripped the stairs and finally caught up with him.

“What’s wrong?” I asked, pulling him to turn around. I failed.

“What’s wrong? Are you seriously asking me that?” he said, finally turning to face me.

“Um, yeah?”

“Great, just great.” He mumbled under his breath and started down the long corridor.

“Toby Christopher Greene! Stop!” I yelled, annoyed. Toby was seriously getting on my nerves, he was mad at me and I didn’t even know why.

“Look, just… just leave it, go back to Jason or something.” He replied, turning around. A maid, holding cups of tea, saw us, bowed and scurried away. I waited until she was out of earshot and said,

“No, I won’t leave it nor will I go back to… Wait, what does this have to do with Jason?”

“Oh, I don’t know. Maybe because while I’ve been at my house worrying about you as I wasn’t allowed to see you, he’s been here every single day?!”

“What? You’re being ridiculous! He’s been here because he’s my brother’s best friend, and he’s the one who said I can go the royal way and is here to help!”

“Why can’t I help? Because he’s the quarterback and I'm just the vice-captain of the basketball team? Or is it because he’s a royalty, the Prince, and I’m nothing but a poor commoner? Or is it because he’s older? Because he’s a senior and I’m a junior?” he roared. I flinched and felt my anger boiling.

"How could you say that?! You are my boyfriend, not Jason!! I like you, not him! Did you think that I'm someone who dates a guy because his reputation, his looks, his age or... or..."

"Oh god, no. I didn't mean it like that. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that. I was just worried, okay?" He said, closing the distance between us. He wrapped his arms around me. I sighed but did the same.

"I'm sorry too. So, we're okay now? You are not leaving?" I asked.

"Yeah, of course. But I really gotta go. It's Casey's parents day and I promised Mom I'll babysit her." Toby said apologetically. Casey was his eight-year-old sister.

"Oh. Um… We’ll talk later then.”

"Well, I can spare half an hour."He said, winking. I smiled up at him. He returned the smile, pushed me against the wall and leaned in.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

“Done smogging your boyfriend?” Jason asked, the minute I stepped into my room.

"Done treating my room like yours?" I retorted. I've been gone for less than an hour and a finished can of cream soda was lying on the floor, and not to mention the empty chips packages and the opened can of sprite in his hand and popcorn in another. The Prince himself was sprawled on my bed, watching a football game.

"Hmm? Oh sorry. Yeah, want some?" He replied, eyes never leaving the tv screen.

"Did you just come into my room to bother me or did you need to talk to me or something?" I asked, ignoring his outstretched hand.

"No, I mean yes, I mean. YESS!!!!!! SCORE!!!! Dude did you see that? I gotta learn that move!" Jason shouted. I groaned. Jason and Ashton both loved football. Jason was the quarterback of our school's football team. Ashton, however loved basketball more, so he was the captain of the basketball team instead.

"Okay, okay. Enough! Stop wasting my time and tell me what's going on." I said.

"Right, wait. Go, go, go, NOO!!" He threw chips onto my tv. MY tv.

"JASON!!!!!!!" I shrieked.

"What? Oh my, oh my god. Sorry, I'll clean up later." He replied, still look at the tv. I rolled my eyes. Boys and their football games. I went to the tv and switched it off.

"No, you will clean up NOW and tell me what's going on. By the way, where's my brother?" I turned around to face him, to find that the color had drained from his face and he looked as if he suddenly came back to reality.

"Basketball practise. I had come to drop off your homework and then the police called and they said... they said..." he took a deep breath, "they found something, Brianna. They went to the Venetians and asked them if they gave away any Venetia. One of them, a woman, said yes. She said a girl, dressed in a grey tube dress and wearing a blue mask and sunglasses and gloves had asked for some. She gave it to the girl and the girl gave her something, the Duke of Thelisia mini statue."

I gasped. The Duke of Thelisia mini statue was something my father's.After my grandfather died, which was before Ashton was born, Dad became the Duke of Thelisia. Dad loved his father and missed him terribly and didn't want to become the new Duke of Thelisia, believing that becoming the new Duke of Thelisia meant acknowledging the death of this beloved father. In order to encourage him, one of his best friend made him a realistic statue of my grandfather, with the words, You can do it, boy, you are my son, which was something Grandfather used to say when Dad felt discouraged. It had been missing ever since two months ago, and the police were still on the case.

"What does this mean?" I asked, not understanding anything. All I could thinking of was that the mini statue was found.

"The police thinks your might have taken hold of the statue and had somehow given it to the Venetians in exchange for some Venetia."

♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬

Author's notes

Hola!! So how's it going?

I like this chapter, don't you? I mean, it has at night amount of happiness and sadness, if you know what I mean ;)

Btw, I’m gonna change the cover next time I upload, look out for it:)

Old cover on the side.

Anyways, thanks for reading!!

Plz vote and comment<3

With love, Jason and chocolates,

~Bethia

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

106K 3.2K 53
Nathan Howland. Not your average everyday student. Unless having the title of 'The Demon' is average. An aggressive nerd is not one you'd meet any d...
469 50 4
Jolene was an average girl. Some would say there was absolutely nothing special about her. Yes, she was smart, but thatˋs pretty much it. Her looks w...
115K 3.4K 35
They tried to warn her. All he was going to do was break her heart. Well, then let him break it. *** High school. The dreaded part of our lives whe...
1.3M 68.4K 63
*Book 2 in the Soulmates Series* After Malekh's startling revelation about the deal he'd made with Ashton, Elizabeth's blossoming relationship seems...