Roman Montero and her

بواسطة Charitynkupho

His ruthless. She is kind. He the Don of the Italian mafia. She is a college student. He is mean. She is swee... المزيد

"1"
...2...
*3*
_4_
*5*
Announcement
@6@
*7*
....8.....
"9"
*10*
Announcement
@11@
!12!
..13..
#14#
.15.
"16"
*17*
#18#
19
20
21
*22*
Announcement
"23"
"24"
announcement
25
26
27
28
29
*30*
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
Announcement
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
Special Chapter
Announcement

64

9.9K 296 29
بواسطة Charitynkupho

Montero's POV

Two weeks later

"Sir, Miss Kalani is on her way back." Manny informed me. "She said she wants to meet up with you first." He continued.

"Oh?!" I stopped what I was doing, and turned around to look at him.

"That's interesting." I smiled and continued with the never-ending paperwork I was faced with.

I was back at the office and everything was starting to be back to normal. Or maybe I should say, the new normal. I suddenly heard commotion outside of two people arguing. One was my secretary, the other was of a voice that sounded familiar. In fact, it sounded too familiar.

"Let go of me!" The voice spoke in a very irritated manner. "You dare manhandle me again, I'll sue you for hurting a pregnant woman." It continued.

Manny and I looked at each other, Kalani...

I immediately rushed outside, and there she was, her face looked cubby and beautiful and her body was just fine. She was wearing a light brown dress that didn't hug her curves, but it was enough for you to see that, even though she was pregnant, she had curves for days. I leaned on my door frame and admired the mother of my kids, smiling.

She turned and looked at me, "And you," she pointed at me, "Where the hack do you get this guy?" She asked annoyed.

I was taken aback. One minute she was going to murder my new secretary, Felix, and next, she was out to kill me.

Women...

"What?" I acted innocent.

"Him." She pointed at Felix. "He is disrespectful and doesn't know how to talk to people." She complained in a very irritated manner.

"Sir, she just barged in." Felix tried explaining.

"It's ok, Felix. If security let her in downstairs and into the private lift, she isn't a threat.This is Kalani, my fiancee, and as you can see, the future mother of my kids. Next time just let her in. You wouldn't want to be arrested for man handling a pregnant woman no?" I walked towards to take her hand into mine.

The moment I was close to her, I took in her scent and I smiled.

It will never get old.

Kalani was too shocked to process what was going on, I just took her hand and walked her to my office.

The moment I got in, I closed the door behind me.

"So what brings you here?" I let go of her hand, while she looked around my office.

"Well for starters, I'm not your fiancee." She held up her pinkie counting. "And two, you better get yourself a new secretary and three-"

"I will stop you right there." I turned towards her. "One, I'll ask you to marry me until you say yes, two, Felix Hernandez isn't just your normal secretary, he is also my new personal bodyguard and-"

"Well sorry to burst your bubble, but marriage isn't something you think of casually. And I can't just say yes just because you the father of my kids." She turned away, clearly annoyed at me.

I went down on my left knee and called her name. She turned around and her face held nothing but beauty and shock.

"Marry me Kalani." I whispered loud enough for her to hear. She looked like she was processing, then she went and sat and answered, "No."

"Man, you could have at least said that earlier." Trying to lighten up my mood. Truthfully, I wanted her to say yes, I was hoping for her to say yes. But that's ok.

I can wait forever til she says yes. I just hope I don't have too.

"You can't just kneel down and ask me to marry you out of the blue. That's shocking and weird." She explained.

"I can't help it. I'll keep asking til-"

"Til I say yes." She interrupted me. "When you keep saying that, you gonna make me start believing you." I smiled, going to my chair and seating down, fixing my messy table.

"You really have a manly office." She remarked, looking around.

I smiled, looking up to see her face smiling at a painting by Salvador Dali called The Persistence of Memory. She indeed was beautiful. Her hazel eyes were glittering and her smile was glowing.

She then looked at me, smiling at her and asked, "What are you smiling at?" She slightly tilted her head, confusion written all over her face.

"Nothing." I stated, rather startled.

"Well your actions state otherwise." She pouted.

"My actions state a lot of things you would never understand." I reasoned.

"And here you are, saying I'm to wed you but you not telling me what's so funny." She huffed, turning away from me.

"Well if you so insistent on knowing," I walked towards her, "I was in awe of your beauty my love." I knelt with both my knees in front of her.

"You are rather the most beautiful woman I've ever seen." I whispered in a husky voice.

Her cheeks turned pink and so did her ears. She looked down and smiled. I took her hands and kissed them on the knuckles.

"I bet that's what you tell all your women." She blurted out, still looking down. You could hear a sense of disappointment in her voice when she said that.

"You right." I replied. She immediately looked up, angry might I add, and she started to stand up. But it was proving to be hard considering her belly. I took that chance to pull her down.

"Let go of me." She hissed.

"But you didn't let me finish my statement." I smirked, tilting my head.

"Looking at your cocky self, I don't think I wanna hear it." Her voice was filled with disgust and anger, and maybe even a hint of disappointment.

"I have said those words to three people before." I continued. She tried standing up again and I pulled her down.

"Let go of me Montero." She said in a threatening voice.

"My nonna, my momma and Reiley." I finished. She suddenly stopped moving and she looked at me.

"And the fourth one is you. You are the first one I have ever told outside family." I told her truthfully.

"Why?" She asked.

"Because you don't try and pretend to be something you not. Hack your face is glowing without make-up and that says alot about you. And I love it." She looked down and started blushing again.

"And the fact that you now going to be my wife and mother of kids just adds icing to the cake. It makes you family."

"I-" Before she could say anything, I added, "Gosh you beautiful." I whispered.

"Ok stop it." She hit my shoulder. I slightly hissed because it still hurt from the time Johnathan shot me. Kalani heard me and immediately removed her hand.

"Oh my gosh did I hurt you? I'm so sorry." She shook her head. I lightly rubbed my shoulder and replied, " It's ok. I'm not the only one who's in pain." I smiled. 

"What do you mean?" She sat upright, turning her body to face mine. At this point, I stood up and sat on the couch too.

"Well Johnathan was the one who shot me when you left." I sat back and relaxed my body.

"What?!" She whispered. Shock was written all over her face.

"Don't worry," I took her hand into mine, still relaxing, I looked up and closed my eyes, "I returned the favor too." I smiled.

She hit me again on the same shoulder and when I opened my eyes to reprimand her, I halted. Her eyes were filled with tears.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked.

She took my hand and placed it on her belly and she asked, "What's this Mr Montero?"

"A belly?" I replied. But it was more of a question than an answer.

"A belly with what?" She continued asking, tears now falling down her cheeks.

"Babies." I answered more confidently.

"Who's babies?" She sniffed, looking up, trying to stop the tears.

"Hey please stop crying." I whispered, trying to wipe her tears away. She shook her head and asked again.

"Who's babies Montero?" This time in a louder tone.

"Mine, ours. Our babies Kalani." I tried wiping her tears again, and this time she let me.

"Who's legacy?" She asked.

"Ours." I nodded my head.

"Do you think I can do this alone Montero?" She suddenly asked. I was taken aback by the question. So I asked, "What?"

"Do you think, I can take care of three babies alone, without you?" She was now full on crying.

"Hey please don't cry." I tried stopping her from her waterfall of tears but they just kept coming.

"Answer me!" She yelled. Clearly she was mad at me for something.

"If you put yourself up to it, yes..." I was skeptical about my answer that's for sure. Kalani suddenly knew how to stand up from the couch and  I thought my eyes where going to leave my sockets.

"I can't." She whispered, shaking her head. "I'm terrified. I don't know the first thing of being a mother and I'm scared I'll fail. And my family doesn't want anything to do with me, the one person I counted on, she just detest me. My mom doesn't even wanna look at me. The one person I thought would help with parenting didn't even say goodbye when I left." I stood up and took her hands into mine. I still towered over her, so I pulled her into a hug. She hugged me like this was the only time we could ever have.

"I can't lose you Montero." She continued. "My family isn't supportive right now and I have no one but you and Eva. I'm terrified and scared and I just can't lose you." She repeated.

"You won't lose me." I assured her. I suddenly understood what she was going through and her actions where justified.

"Then promise me. Promise me to stop being a criminal. Stop being in the mafia. If you die, I wouldn't be able to survive with people wanting to kill my babies because of you. I have this, this legacy because of you and understand, I can also lose it because of you. And I can't. I can't lose any more family Montero. I don't have anymore family to lose. You are all I have got. This family, is all I have got, so promise me Montero, promise me..." she repeated.

"I promise..." 

*******************************************************
That was rather emotional for me. Makes me wonder what Kalani's family said to her.

Anyways my lovies, hope this was good.

This ARMY loves you.

But most importantly, this author loves y'all💕💕💞💞

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

4.4K 98 20
Lorenzo D'Angelo is the most ruthless man in the underworld, He is the heir to the most feared Mafia gang in the entire world. Everyone bows to him a...
10.7K 379 53
★Book one of the De Luca series Twenty three years old Grace morano has just one dream in her life ...to make it big in her career as a ballerina...
Escape From Hell بواسطة Grey

غموض / الإثارة

46.9K 1.1K 47
We're always told that when you love something, there are no regrets Something so true was turning fake in front of her eyes, when she found herself...
6.8M 197K 36
I stood outside his door, suddenly nervous. I knocked and heard a gruff 'come in' before stepping into his office. He didn't even look up at me when...