Illuminating the Dark Prince

By DaturaMoon

"What's a kiss?" He asked in my right ear, sending a shiver up my spine. "What's a kiss?" He was suddenly on... More

Prologue- The Crimson Crowning (Pt. 1)
Prologue- Abyssal Abdication (Pt. 2)
The Perfect Mischance
Knight of Nightmares
Sleeping in Shadows
Tongue Tied
Kindling the Flames
Illusions of the Orb
Kissed by Darkness
Romance in the River
Deceiving the Demon
The Amethyst Forest
Redamancy for Darkness
Lurking Lloigors
Rain on the Mountain
Strange Visitors
Remnants of Humanity
The Spark of a Soulbond
A Sense of Community
Contention
Tenveriel
The Dungeon
Matrimony and Mayhem
Important Note On Plagiarism
The Beauty of Life
The Sunrise
The Man Around the House
True Beauty
The Calm Before the Storm
A Perilous Proposal
Secret Shenanigans and Summonings
The Heights of Hell
Hope for the Brokenhearted
The Wingman
Edging and Erotic Enticements
Riding The Vovin
A Dance of Shadow and Flame
Back to the Abyss
Terror and Tragedy
A Gift from a God
The Winds of War
Rise of the Serpent
The Fall of Tenveriel
When a God Bows to the Swords (Pt.1)
When a God Bows to the Swords (Pt.2)
Dawn of an Illuminated World
Renewal of Vows
The Light of Two Entwined Souls (Pt. 1)
The Light of Two Entwined Souls (Pt. 2)
Epilogue- A Kingdom of Light
Author's Note

Royal Realization

8.9K 340 147
By DaturaMoon

Ghastly groans and woeful wails knelled faintly in the distance, echoing across the large lake which we rode beside. An eerie crimson haze was the only thing separating the dark murky water and obsidian skyline, blurring the horizon with a thick sanguine veil of despondency. A small knoll made from large stones curved up along the rocky beach beside us. It was adorned with thorny black chaparral-like shrubberies, with withered red flowers suffocating within its sinister grasp.

Strong gusts of wind came and went like powerful and rhythmic exhales of death. They blew in waves of fury through the strange weeping willow-like trees which lined the water's dismal shoreline. Their curtains of pendulous skeletal branches eerily swayed with every puff of abyssal breath, causing the bony trunks to creak and sough in a haunting melody. 

Tall gangly birds which reminded me of black undead storks meandered through the shallow waters near the shore. Their long skeletal legs and pointy black beaks created little ripples as they hungrily searched for tiny tasty morsels to munch on. Then they all hastily flew away in startlement, making alarmed squawking noises, as Sagacor happily trotted along the rocky beach. Not that I could really blame them for flying off though, considering how loudly I was moaning. 

"Oh! Oh! Valarendrik!" I mindlessly screamed as his large hand roughly squeezed my butt, slamming me up and down over his massive straining erection.

His other hand threaded through my hair, pulling it into a fist as he dominantly yanked my head back. "I love how tightly your sweet, silky, little cunt grips my cock." He bestially growled into my ear. The sound was dark and primal. Dripping with unrestrained sinfully delicious lust.

I mewled while desperately encircling my arms around his neck, and burying my fingers within his soft midnight tresses which were tied up in a high ponytail. My legs squeezed tightly around his bare waist, while I joltingly sank up and down upon his monstrous shaft with every rough bounce of Sagacor's saddle. A heavenly burning sensation filled my inner sanctuary, as though it had been ignited by the euphoric flames of hellfire. My mind had become dizzied and one-tracked. All I could think about was how much I loved and needed the massive dick vigorously plowing between my legs.

With a deep primeval growl, he slowly gnashed his teeth right in front of my mouth, so close that his lips were lightly brushing mine. I gasped as he suddenly caught my bottom lip within his daunting jaws, biting down hard enough for me to feel the sharp pricks of his fangs, but not enough to break the skin. His seductive growl rumbled on as he slowly tilted his head back, dragging my lower lip out while his teeth slipped away, leaving a pleasurable sting behind. Then his silken tongue sensually glided across my swollen lip to ease the slight sting, right before smothering my moans with a tempestuous kiss.

Two days had passed since we'd first made love in that magical forest, and we'd been a couple of nymphomaniacs ever since. Not only was Valarendrik's precum an aphrodisiac, but I'd swear the stuff was addictive too. It was like I was fucking a massive pixie stick filled with crack cocaine. Every time he'd come near me, my arousal would gush between my legs. He'd then scent out that arousal and proceed to shove me up against the wall, throw me onto our pillow nest, or wherever else was available. Not even Sagacor's saddle was safe from our prurience.

He was also getting better at not making things float around us every time he climaxed. Apparently, he had no idea why that was happening and seemed to have very little control over it.

Sagacor jumped over a strange alien skeleton, causing my hips to surge upward, then forcefully slam all the way back down onto Valarendrik's walloping cock. He impaled my seeping pussy with shockingly deep intensity, filling my center entirely with his hot hard flesh. My body stiffened in shock, while my head limply rolled away from the kiss with my lips parted in a silent slacken 'oh.'

His large hands quickly latched onto my hips. He held me down and pulled me towards him, firmly sheathing his sword in my heat. I gasped at the fullness, feeling completely overtaken by the sensation. My swollen bud rubbed forcefully against his pubic bone with every bounce as Sagacor trotted on, causing blissful tingles to suddenly lace over every inch of my skin and up into my brain. My eyes squeezed shut while a cadence of soft sighs and moans danced from my lips.

He growled and pressed a trail of vicious kisses up along the column of my neck, lightly nipping at me as he made his way to my ear. "I love hearing those adorable little noises fall from your lips..." He lightly nibbled my earlobe. "...but I want to make you scream."

My eyes flew wide open as he began aggressively slamming my body up and down over his pulsating cock, ruthlessly hitting my sweetest spot with every rhythmic invasion of his lecherous length. I screamed each time he speared me and threw my head back in a delirious fit of rapture. The angle was so deep and he was so big that it slightly hurt, but my body was diligently adjusting to accommodate him and the pleasure annulled the pain. My hands desperately gripped onto the hard muscles of his broad shoulders, while his lips kissed and sucked just beneath my jawline. 

My inner walls quaked around him, then I was overwhelmingly swept away in a burning wave of satisfaction. My eyes rolled into the back of my head, and I saw the light of stars cast across the dark abysmal skies. His shadows swirled deep within my stomach, creating a net to prevent his abyssal seed from entering my womb while he began spilling it inside of me. The feeling caused my back to arch, my belly to quiver, and my walls to spasm further. The fury of his thrusting never let up, while a loud amatory cry rang from my lips.

Something between an erotic snarl and sensual purr rolled out from within his throat, as he gnashed his teeth in front of my mouth again. My core was filled with tingly liquid warmth while his cock twitched and fully released. I panted heavily while our noses lightly touched, and desperately held onto the back of his neck.

He was still rock hard, given that he could maintain his erection even after having just come. Something that I'd thoroughly learned after he slammed me silly and filled me to the brim with his otherworldly essence four times in a row before I ended up passing the fuck out like a bedraggled, twitching puddle of mush. 

"Shall we continue?" He hotly purred into my ear, sending shivers of desire surging up my spine. 

I bit my lower lip while pondering about my options. My thighs quivered with a newfound need for him, still affected by the addicting aphrodisiac effects of his seed. Yet, I really wanted to be able to walk later. I pressed my mouth against his rough stubbly cheek to place a tender kiss upon it. He'd been too busy fucking me to shave lately.

"Yes, but let me taste you." I seductively whispered to him, then slowly licked across his lips. "I want your cock sliding between my lips and down my throat."

He immediately growled in approval and his grip on my hips tightened. "Fuck... Alright, yes." 

I squeaked as he pulled me up, then tried not to whimper when his erection slid out from within the heat of my core. My pussy practically screamed in protest at the loss of him, but I knew that if we didn't stop now he'd just keep going, and going, and going until I lost consciousness. He never grew weary or ran out of stamina as I did.

My legs released his hips, then I scooched back to the front of the saddle, while he clicked his heels against Sagacor's sides to slow us down to a walking pace. My shadowy cloak was elegantly draped along my back hiding the rest of my body from sight. 

He gazed down at me with eyes that were still solid black with desire. The wind hissed through a few loose hairs wisping across his face and the thick cascade of his tied-back locks fluttering out to the side behind him. His erection stood tall and proud, menacingly jutting out from his unfastened leather pants, awaiting the feeling of my soft sensual lips.

Slowly, I reached out and glided my hands down along the hard ropes of muscle coiled within his abdominals. Then I moved to wrap them around the thick girth at the base of his cock. His flesh pulsated beneath my touch and twitched as I lowered my face down toward it. There was absolutely no way I would be able to take his whole length into my mouth, yet I craved the feeling of it gliding down my throat regardless.

My tongue flicked out over the weeping slit at the tip of his head, and I fucking moaned at the taste of him while he hissed in pleasure. It was so otherworldly and indescribable, and seemed to have the same aphrodisiac effect on my mouth. I suddenly felt like a starving animal and greedily sucked the entire tip between my lips. My tongue frantically lapped and swirled over the head, as my hands pumped him from the base. 

"Fuck..." His voice was a strangled growl. "...Lucilia-" He abruptly snarled, cutting off his own words while his fingers hastily threaded through my hair.

I began to suck him in deeper and faster. Hungrier. My lips made it halfway down his length and I growled at the erotic feeling of him in my throat. His balls were still tucked away within the confines of his pants, so I rubbed them through the tight material. 

"Holy fuck, Lucilia." He began lewdly bucking his hips against my face. My tongue glided back up the underside of his shaft then I sucked fervently on his tip once more.

"Fuck- Oh fuck!" He started to sensually growl, then his voice abruptly switched to sounding alarmed and serious. "Don't move or make a sound." He firmly whispered all of a sudden, as he quickly threw my cloak over my head, enshrouding my sight with swirling darkness. Then he gently pressed down on my shoulders to hold me in place.

I was about to pull his cock out of my mouth to ask him what was going on, but then I suddenly heard a ghastly whinny coming from my left, along with several other horse hooves loudly approaching. Valarendrik lowly growled, and not in a sexy way. This was all anger and aggression as if he were trying to intimidate a threat. I froze still as a statue, with wide paranoid eyes and the tip of his delectable dick still between my lips.

...Oh, snap!   

"Prince Valarendrik." I heard an insanely deep and gruff voice call out from what I assumed to be the top of the knoll. "We come in peace with an urgent message."

...Prince Valarendrik?

My eyes widened even further at what I had just heard... What the fuck?... Was my kind-hearted, messy-haired tatterdemalion of a rescuer who lived in a cave like a hobo a fucking prince of all things!? ...No, impossible. Surely I must have misheard?... Right? I couldn't see who the terrifying voice was coming from since I was hidden beneath my cloak, but I was suddenly all ears, listening very intently like a noisy little eavesdropper with an empty glass against the wall.

"I don't give a shit about your message and command you to leave at once, or I will not spare you your lives. Now get out of my sight, all of you!" Valarendrik viciously growled, confirming that there was a group of unwelcome intruders out there.

"My apologies your highness, but I have been sent under the direct order of your mother, the queen, to deliver this urgent message. I must beseech you to listen." The deep gravelly voice insisted, causing Valarendrik to frighteningly snarl like an abyssal beast.

...Your highness? His mother the queen? ...Oh my god... I have a royal penis in my mouth!?

With that shocking confirmation, my hands unwittingly tightened around his cock while my lips accidentally sucked it a little bit further into my mouth. Valarendrik only seemed to grow even more impatient and angry. "I don't give a fuck about anything that old bags of bones has to say! Now again, I command you to leave at once!" His words venomously struck out at the men like the sharp blade of a poisonous dagger.

Whoever the other man was growled in irritation. "I cannot depart until I have fulfilled my duty, then we shall gladly leave, your highness." He disrespectfully sneered. 

"Very well then. Get on with it, but make it quick." Valarendrik hissed. "I've already grown impatient with you." Sagacor whinnied and took a few steps to the side, clearly growing anxious.

The bony willows clicked and creaked in the strong howling wind as the man began to speak. "The Queen would like to propose a temporary truce. It has been foreseen in one of the Elder Graith's visions that the mighty serpent Malsanguis will attack the kingdom beneath this year's blood moon. Without the ophidian orb, the serpent has not been appeased by our sacrifices and grows more restless with every moonrise. And so, Queen Cerindier has requested that you deliver the orb to her to be used in the sacrifice, then after the serpent has been appeased, she shall return it to you and allow you to leave uninhibited for three days. In return, you may take whatever goods you may need or desire from the castle. Please consider this offer for the sake of Tenveriel. Your kingdom."

Valarendrik laughed, bitter and humorlessly. "What kind of idiot does she take me for? Tell the queen to go royally fuck herself and that I'm not interested in her obvious trap. Besides, I don't give a shit about what happens to Tenveriel. In fact, if what you say about the serpent is even true, I might just watch from the wailing mountains to see the glorious sight of that odious swamp of filth being destroyed. Now be gone! All of you!" 

"Very well, we shall leave you now, but-"

A giant gust of wind suddenly swept across the lake and up onto the shoreline, causing my hood to abruptly flap off of my head. A chorus of gruff manly gasps and startled whinnies were heard as my wavy golden hair swiftly tumbled down beside Valarendrik's leg. My wide frightened eyes warily shifted over to the menacing platoon of about fifty undead tenverian soldiers, with my lips still wrapped tightly around Valarendrik's cock for all to see... Who, if my assumption was correct, was apparently their prince.

Oh shit...

The red hazy mist eerily drifted by, partly hiding their rotting corpse-like frames. All of the grotesque zombie-like men were very tall with black hair of varying lengths pulled tightly back in ponytails, wearing otherworldly, almost medieval gothic-looking, spiky black armor with long menacing swords at their hips. The four in front sat upon huge undead horses similar to Sagacor, with the others standing in military formation behind them. They had the same strange black and crimson eyes as Valarendrik. Only unlike Valarendrik's, theirs were eerily dull, glazed over with the fog of death and veiled with pure hatred and malevolence. It was strange, Valarendrik looked fully alive, yet they looked dead.

"What in Hsarohpem's holy name is that!?" One of the men sitting on a horse suddenly blurted out. Then they all began to mumble and conspire with mixed looks of curiosity, unease, and hatred.

Without saying a word, Valarendrik very gently but hastily wrapped his claws under my chin then lifted my face away from his dick. The head audibly popped out from between my lips with a trail of spit and precum. I shakily wiped my mouth off while still staring at the stunned men like a deer caught in the headlights. 

"What's going on?" I nervously whispered as he stuffed his cock back into his pants, never once taking his lethal gaze off of the undead soldiers. I leaned in and wrapped my arms around his torso out of fear.

"She's touching the prince! Kill her!" The largest one suddenly roared, making me jump back. Then to my absolute horror, they all began to charge toward us.

"Shit... I'll explain later. Just stay on Sagacor until I'm done." He staunchly ordered while swiftly hopping off then menacingly pulling out both of his swords. 

The blades euphoniously hissed like a song of death while his shadows violently whirled around him. He expeditiously glided through the air and began violently attacking the platoon of soldiers faster than my eyes could even track. 

"No, wait! There's too many of them!" I desperately called after him, realizing that he actually intended to fight all of those guys off like a complete lunatic, despite being greatly outnumbered. "We should just run!"

I fearfully held onto Sagacor's long black mane in pure terror, while a tumult of harrowing abyssal roars and growls erupted all around. Valarendrik was ruthlessly slaughtering the other men. Body parts were flying out of the whirlwind of shadows and slashing blades, with streams of black blood splattering across the rocky ground. They all moved so inhumanly fast that it was hard to keep track of what was actually going on. The only way I could tell which one was Valarendrik was because he was the only shirtless one, and also seemed to be the only one using shadows. 

Holy shit! Holy shit! Holy shit!

A disgusting sickly soldier with a tattered hole in his rotten cheek suddenly managed to slip past all the commotion and began to charge right toward me. His snarl was a heinous echoed sound that made my blood run cold as ice. I screamed as Sagacor aggressively reared up with a harrowing whinny. He kicked the man over, then began to violently trample his head in, crushing his skull with his large hooves. Bones cracked and blood sprayed, as his abyssal screams turned into sickening squelchy crunches.   

My mouth fell agape, staring at how Sagacor had effortlessly mangled his head, making it look like a melon that had been dropped off a five-story building and splattered onto concrete. By the time I finally pried my frightened eyes away from the horrifying glob of skull fragments and brain goo, the rest of the soldiers were all in mutilated bloody heaps of lacerated flesh and bone, while the other horses had taken off running. 

Valarendrik mercilessly sliced the last remaining man's calf muscles, causing him the roar out in pain and crumble to his knees. Judging by the way his armor was embellished with larger spikes and an imperial-looking cape, I surmised that there was a reason why Valarendrik had saved him for last. 

His sword swooshed out, threateningly freezing in place right up against the menacing zombie man's jugular. "You're a General, yes?" Valarendrik calmly asked. The bulky man snarled with hatred but didn't say a word. "Answer me." Valarendrik casually glided his other sword through the air, stopping right over the man's... Oh my god! His crotch!?

My eyes practically bugged out of my head... Holy shit! Is he actually threatening to chop that guy's dick off!?

The man's gaze drifted down and he seemed highly unsettled by Valarendrik's sword placement. Understandably so. "Yes. Yes, your majesty. I am a General." He growled but didn't overdo it, probably too terrified of getting his dick sliced off and all.

A cold gleam iced over Valarendrik's eyes, making him nearly unrecognizable to me. "Good. So tell me, as a General you probably know a thing or two about why Cerindier's been sending her scouts to other worlds? Yes?" He pressed the blade further against the man's crotch, slightly tearing the fabric of his pants and making him grunt in fear.

Oh my god... He's definitely threatening to chop that guy's dick off!

"I know a few things. What about it?" He seethed up at Valarendrik.

"What is she up to and how is she doing it?" He growled. 

The General began to growl back but quickly shut up when the sword began to dig into his manhood even further, eliciting a few little droplets of black blood to slowly drip onto the tip of the blade. "I-I don't know too much about it." He hastily sputtered out.

"Then tell me what you do know!" Valarendrik impatiently snarled.

"Okay, okay! She and The Elder Graith summoned Hsarohpem about a few months ago. Sh-She carved off half of her face and fed it to the great one in exchange for knowledge and power, and now wears a mask made from one of Hsarohpem's poison scales to replace the missing flesh."

"That's disgusting..." Valarendrik's disgusted face matched his words. "What the fuck does that even have to do with her sending scouts to other worlds?"

"From what I've gathered, when she summoned Hsarohpem she asked him how to stop an old prophecy from coming to past. In which he replied that she must retrieve part of it from another world and destroy it once it has served its purpose. She used the power bestowed upon her to create a spell that would ensure her scout brought back whatever was needed to either fulfill or destroy the prophecy. As far as I know, she is still expecting the piece of the prophecy to come to her."

"Hmm, that's rather interesting." Valarendrik curiously tilted his head. "And tell me, what exactly is this prophecy?"

"I-I don't know. The Elder Graith and Her Highness are very secretive about it. All I know is that they want it stopped in order to save Tenveriel." He nervously spoke, still staring at the blade pressing against the base of his dick.

"That sounds like a bunch of nonsense. Save Tenveriel? From what? Every other Abyssal kingdom was destroyed back in ancient times and the only current threat is Malsangius?" Valarendrik mockingly replied.

"That's all I know, your majesty." The man bowed his head, clearly hopeful that Valarendrik would let him go. 

"That's too bad." Valarendrik apathetically replied, right before using the blade to flick the man's floppy member out of the hole he'd cut into his pants. He abruptly sliced it clean off, cutting deeply into his thighs as he did so. The bloody severed thing fell to the stony ground with a sickening wet plop while the man screamed in agony. "That was for ordering your men to kill my dear companion."

I gasped in horror and wanted to vomit at the sight. The man was still roaring in pain as Valarendrik began slowly pressing into his throat with the sharp tip of his other blade. Despite my ambivalence for the man, I couldn't bear to just sit back and watch this.

"Wait! Valarendrik stop! Please stop!" I shouted while hoping off of Sagacor and stumbling up the rocky knoll. My legs were still rather wobbly from all the sex we'd had. I thought a few of the thorny bushes would get caught on my cloak, but it seemed to wisp through them just like shadows would.

"How dare you order the prince-" The man began to viciously snarl at me, making me freeze in place with a wary and surprised expression.

"Silence!" Valarendrik commanded in an even more vicious tone. "You will not speak to her!" He then turned his attention towards me with a gentle and loving yet concerned look. "What's the matter? Are you alright?" His eyes hastily searched over my body for any sign of injury.

"Yes, I'm perfectly fine. But why are you torturing this poor man?" I compassionately gestured towards the terrifying but unfortunate fellow. "He didn't do anything wrong and was only stopping by to deliver a message. Yet you've chopped the guy's penis off!" My gesturing hand dropped down to point at the decapitated dick laying lifelessly on the ground. 

I can't even believe this is happening right now...

"He ordered his men to kill you. That alone deserves the highest of punishments." He softly but firmly spoke, seeming convinced of his actions.

"No, it does not!" I huffed. "You should let him go. He's been through enough and I can't stand to watch this... this brutality!" My arm frantically waved up in the air. The man seemed flabbergasted by the way I had just spoken to Valarendrik, but it was hard to tell, considering that he was rapidly bleeding out from his loins.

"Lucilia." He softly spoke. "I'm sorry but I can not let him live. This man is a general for my mother and if he returned with word of what he saw here, of what he saw us doing..." He pointed between us. "...It would be extremely bad."

"Because you're a prince?" I whispered, needing to hear it straight from him.

He gently sighed while shaking his head. "Yes, because I'm a prince." He quietly confirmed.

"And you can't be seen with me?" My voice was soft yet suddenly raw with emotion. 

"It would be best if I wasn't." He replied. "But I need to further explain why it would be disastrous if my mother found out that we'd been seen together, let alone been intimate." A gurgled noise came from the dying man as his eyes widened over at me like that was the most shocking thing he'd ever heard. 

I suddenly felt so small and inferior after hearing those words come from his mouth. Of course he didn't want anyone to know about me. Here I was a measly little cashier, a nobody, and he was an otherworldly prince! With trembling arms I hugged myself, fully realizing the scandal I was involved in and just how unworthy of his affections I truly was. I was so far beneath him that he couldn't even be seen with me.

I felt a few tears welling up in my sapphire eyes, yet they didn't overflow. I blinked them back while glancing around at all of the mangled tenverian bodies, noticing how none of them had crowns on their heads. Only Valaredrik did.

How did I not realize this before with all that he had told me? 

"Lucilia?" Valarendrik softly called. "Are you alright? ...Lucilia?" He swiftly lopped off the nearly dead, gasping man's head then began to walk towards me. The body lifelessly flopped onto the rocks with a heavy clank.

The severed head thudded to the ground right after and started to roll down the hill, but Valarendrik kicked the grotesque thing off to the side with a disturbing squelchy sound. I swiftly turned around without saying a word and began to walk back to Sagacor, who was moseying by the waterside while munching on some crunchy shrubberies. 

"Lucilia, wait!" He called as he continued to follow after me.

"Let's just go back." I despondently mumbled.

A little undead bird flew off of Sagacor's saddle as I tried to climb back up. But before I could even get my foot through the stirrup, Valarendrik's arms wrapped around my waist, and he pulled me up with him so that we were face to face. My legs rested on his spread thighs with one of his hands supporting my butt, while his other hand gently lifted my chin. I felt a tiny tear trickle down my cheek, as his crimson eyes worriedly searched mine.

"I'm so sorry you had to see that. It was irresponsible of me to not warn you to shield your eyes." He tenderly ran his clawed thumb along my jaw before placing a lingering kiss on my forehead. "I didn't realize that it would upset you so much."

I didn't respond and instead listlessly face-planted against his hard shoulder, letting him wrongfully believe that I was upset about all the bloodshed. His arms held me firmly against his chest as we rode home together in silence. 

~Valarendrik~

Roaring flames spat out radiant beams of golden light from within the sharp stone walls of the firepit. The light glimmered upon the dark water of the river and danced throughout the wavering caedis trees. I paid the gleaming light no attention though. I was too busy multitasking, trying to cook up a few edible roots for Lucilia to entice her into eating something despite her insisting that she wasn't hungry, and also trying to distantly figure out how to fix her melancholic mood... I was completely clueless about both things.

With careful diligence, I flipped the sizzling roots over on the stone. My eyes then drifted across the illuminated pebbly beach and up to the enchanting cascade of wavy golden hair which was beautifully gilded by the firelight, making it appear even more vibrant and otherworldly. I had tried to sexually tempt her by remaining shirtless as I cooked. And it seemed to be working until she dolefully wandered off to the water's edge and sat down facing the river. She stood out bold and bright against the flowing black current which she now lonesomely stared at, seemingly watching something too bleak and dismal for her beautiful eyes. 

I had to suppress a growl, forcing the unwelcome vocalization back into the dark chasm of my chest. I didn't like this at all. Loathed it, in fact. She had been quiet and distant ever since we had that brief scuffle with a few of my mother's soldiers, and I didn't know how to fix it. I had no idea watching me kill those men would have had such an effect on her. Not that I had much of a choice anyway. I had to do it. If one of them had returned to Tenveriel with word of what they saw, then my mother would have seen Lucilia as a potential vessel for an heir. Or worse, something to punish me with. 

No, she meant far too much to me to have risked that. It was right to kill those soldiers even if it did upset her. I'd rather her be upset with me than in my mother's vile clutches, after all. But still, I needed to fix this and soon. I only had five days left until Azathoth returned and couldn't afford this rift between us. Not when it was so critical for her to feel the love thing too, so she'd want to stay with me. And I especially wanted it now that I knew what it was like to be intimate with her.

The sneaky growl that I'd been suppressing finally managed to slip out with that thought. Never in my life could I have fathomed just how exquisite her tight little cunt felt around my cock. It was unbelievably euphoric and addicting, and I couldn't believe I'd been missing out on that for four thousand years. Not that I regretted my time of celibacy though. I was glad that she was my first, and not some soulless, half-rotted tenverian woman who probably would have given me maggots. But I wanted Lucilia to be more than just my first. I wanted her to be exclusively mine always.

"Yes, keep her always." The crown sinisterly agreed.

I purred recalling her seductive little noises and the things she'd whisper in my ear. And the flavor of her? Well, it was by far the sweetest thing I'd ever tasted. I could easily spend days with my tongue buried between her thighs and never tire of such a treat. It was only after I'd tasted her that I'd realized exactly what the ambrosial aroma which occasionally came from her was. I had nearly purred in delight to discover that it was her arousal. And now that I could scent it, it drove me mad with ravenous desire quite often. 

My pants tightened with my thread of thoughts, and I couldn't wait to be inside her again. I wanted to grab a fistful of that radiant hair and have her finish what she'd started with her plump pink lips, then devour the sweet nectar which flowed from her sacred vessel... But I couldn't just yet because she was still upset with me. 

I defeatedly sighed, then noticed that the roots had turned black deeming them unworthy of consumption. Burnt, Lucilia had called it. Ignoring the thick grey smoke which now wisped up into the sky from around my cooking, I turned my attention back towards her, and my soul mourned the loss of her smile.

I got up and silently stared gliding over to her, then I thought better of it and began to back away, giving her some space. But then I changed my mind again and nervously wisped back over toward her calmly sitting frame, still being completely quiet and unnoticeable. 

"What are you doing?" She softly asked without turning around to look at me.

I quickly froze, shocked that she knew I was behind her. "How did you know I was here?"

She listlessly pointed to the ground. "I can see your shadow moving back and forth."

...Fuck. I forgot about those eerily unnatural shadows created by light.

I allowed the stones to crunch beneath my boots as I walked the rest of the way over. The river sang and the grass rustled as I sat down right beside her. My heart lurched when she didn't look up at me, nor did she grace me with a smile.

"Lucilia..." I sucked in a useless breath while running a hand through my long glossy hair. "I can not apologize for what I did because that would be deceptive. I am honestly not sorry for killing those men. If had they gotten away your life could be in danger. And you mean far too much to me to ever let that happen." I turned my head to look at her downcast profile. "But I am truly sorry that you're upset and that you had to see that."

Still, she did not look at me. "Why didn't you tell me that you're a prince?" Her dainty fingers raked through the pebbles as she spoke.

Oh shit... Could she possibly be upset that I am a prince?

Her question was not what I had expected to hear, and I wasn't entirely sure how I wanted to answer it. I frowned, now worrying that my royal heritage was the reason for her grief. I couldn't change being a prince. No matter how much I hated it and how far I fled, only death could separate me from the crown. And even then, its remains would still forever be fused with my skull. I was born a prince, and I would always be one.

I honestly would have preferred it if she had never found out though. I was ashamed of who I was and didn't want to tell her the truth. What would she think when I told her that I was the weakling runaway prince with a mental infliction, deemed a disgrace to the royal bloodline and unfit to ever truly become king? That it had been decided I was better off dead once I produced a successor to the throne? That my very own brother's fingerbones were what my crown was made of and how it had been literally hammered into my skull as a child? That I had been sheltered and beaten, hidden away in the castle, and forced to live off of the flesh of peasants? That I hosted the dark spirit within my mind? Surely she would be repulsed. 

...Could she ever love me knowing the truth?

But it was the truth that I had to tell. There had already been too much dishonesty from me, and if I truly wanted her to be my companion then I could not afford any more deception. I should have told her already. She deserved better from me and I was genuinely remorseful.

I ran my hand through my hair once again, not really sure where to begin and terribly nervous to even start. "It's rather complicated." I threw a pebble into the river, watching it plunk beneath the inky surface. "But I realize that I owe you an apology for not telling you sooner. You deserved to know exactly who you agreed to be intimate with. For that I am sorry." 

"Yes, it would have been nice to know, I suppose." My heart sank as I watched a single tear slide down her cheek while she spoke. It splashed onto the pebbles and glistened in the firelight.

Fuck... Have I really hurt her so much!?

I panicked, fearing that I had ruined everything, and swiftly cradled her face to make her look at me. Her bright blue eyes shimmered with unshed tears and the tip of her nose looked like it was blushing. "Lucilia, please forgive me. It was wrong of me and I want to make this right. You will likely find my reasons for not telling you upsetting, but please let me explain them anyway." My thumb tenderly caressed away her tear trail. 

"Would you have ever told me who you really were had not found out?" If I wasn't mistaken, her voice seemed to hide a bitter undertone.

I sighed, choosing not to lie to her. "No, I would not have."

She abruptly stood up, yanking her face away from my hands. "I think I'd like to go sleep now. You can explain if you still wish to when I awake."

I stood up as well, thankful that I would at least have her in my arms while she did her sleep thing. "Alright, let's go to the cave. Then I will explain when you're done."

She thoughtfully glanced down. "You know what? I think I'm okay to sleep by myself. You probably have better things to do than lay around for hours anyway." She bit her lip and turned to start walking toward the cave.

I stood there dumbfounded, feeling as though I'd just been stabbed right through the heart... She does not wish to sleep on me? Venom swelled in my fangs and my claws lengthened as I watched her retreat into the cave all by herself. Dread and anxiety took over my senses, as I greatly feared that I very well might lose her.

No, no, no, no, no!

This was bad. Really, really bad. And I only had five days to fix it. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.9K 1.6K 23
"I don't have a heart . " he said leaning away from her touch . her light was too overwhelming for the darkness inside his very soul . he was the tr...
242K 11.8K 60
Book 1 - Saved By The Devil ✅ Book 2 - Return Of The Devil ✅ Book 3 - Crowned By The Devil ✅ Book 4 - War With The Devil ✅ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Sce...
18.7K 572 13
A young innocent princess is forcefully married to the ruthless king to save her people. Confused by his dominating yet caring aura, the princess is...
231K 11.4K 74
He kept on staring at me but I ignored him, at least I tried to. He was sitting right beside me and although I was looking at the board I still could...