hell or flying | Chaelisa

By somefunnyusername

Sequel to Love Is Not Enough taint•ed love /tänted 'ləv/ (n.) love you have for a person that is so deep and... More

Warning
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Epilogue

Chapter 27

2.2K 115 671
By somefunnyusername

A lazy smile stretched across my lips as I began waking up, the blaring light trying to pass by still closed eyelids. The bed felt warm, making me fall warm as well, and I couldn't deny myself the pleasure of burying further into the soft sheets enveloping my body and taking a whiff, wanting to take in Lisa's sweet scent that lingered on everything she touched.

I wanted to come closer to her, curl my body into hers as her arm rested on my hip possessively. But I didn't. Because as soon as I breathed in, instead of feeling the one I thought I woke up beside, I felt someone else's scent clinging onto the soft material of the sheets.

That's when I realized that the blaring sunlight wasn't coming inside of Lisa's apartment through her windows and that it wasn't her apartment at all that I was in. That I wasn't lying in her bed, my hair spread across her pillows, with her breath against my neck and her gentle touch.

As the realization started dawning on me, I noticed that while the hold on my hip was possessive like hers; it was harsh, nails digging into my skin slightly. It wasn't her gentle touch that made me feel secure and safe, rather one to keep me in place - all his. My nose didn't detect her smell, instead, a musky scent of the man I despised. Even the sheets smelled like him, and it was just his first day home.

Just a few days with Lisa and I craved her presence more than before. I got so used to her that my first thought in the morning was no longer of a tyrant, but of the black-haired beauty who would pull me closer to her warm body once, she'd feel me stir in her arms. I was expecting her breath to tickle my skin as she would bury her face into the crook of my neck, placing gentle kisses on my nape and shoulders.

My smile started faltering because instead of waking up beside her, I woke up beside him. In his penthouse. Tied to him. In his possession. My break was over. The happy, sweet days have ended, and I was brought back into reality where I didn't have the privilege to enjoy life. I was back where I was supposed to be; in his arms, a metal ball chained to my leg, stopping me from moving without his approval.

So when he pulled me closer, I shivered in disgust. I didn't want to go back to the real world. I wanted to stay in the fantasy of where Lisa and I were happy. Where she was mine, and I was hers. Always and forever.

"Good morning," he murmured into my hair and I closed my eyes, willing for this nightmare to end. But it wouldn't. Because unfortunately, no matter how many times I pinched myself, there was no waking up from reality.

"Hey," I greeted my husband sleeping in the bed beside me.

"What's the time?" he asked, his hoarse voice muffled by my hair, making the urge to wash it heighten. I wanted to wash away his scent, his fingerprints, his breath, his touches, and his kisses that he placed on the crown of my head. I wanted to erase the trace of him.

"Just past eight," I looked at the digital clock on my nightstand, displaying the neon red digits.

"Mhm," Chanyeol hummed and slipped his hand under my shirt. Thankfully, he didn't go any higher and rested his palm against the baby bump. It didn't make me feel all that relieved because it only reminded me that the child wasn't just mine, but his too, and it hurt to remember.

"I'll have to go to work soon," he complained, "I wish I could stay here with you forever. I really want to show you how much I missed you," I felt him smirk against my hair as he ground against my butt, causing my face to contour in disgust.

"When did you come home?" I questioned, trying to deflect his innuendo.

"About two in the morning, I think,"

"I'm sorry I didn't wait for you. I was exhausted," I apologized, worried he would start an argument if I didn't.

"That's alright. You have to stay healthy for Yongsun," he placed a kiss behind my ear, making me shiver in disgust which he, seemingly, interpreted as attraction, and ground against me once more, "You make me so hard when you react to me like that,"

I could tell. I could feel him. There was no need for him to tell me, and really, I wish he wouldn't have. But of course, he had to point it out, and I knew there was no avoiding having to "take care of him" since as he would say, "it was my fault". I made sure not to shiver in repulsion this time and hoped I would just throw up soon instead, hopefully making his arousal go away.

"I missed you," the sincerity in his tone was alarming. I knew his feelings for me were genuine, however, he never, not once, made me feel like it. So I wasn't sure where this was coming from and whether I should be afraid because his "affection" would lead to something much worse than usual.

However, I couldn't do or say what I really wanted, so instead I reciprocated his words how I knew he wanted me to, "I missed you too,"

"What were you up to while I was gone?" he questioned curiously, making the knots in my stomach tighten as the only thing I could think about was Lisa and how we spent all our days cuddling, exchanging soft kisses, basking in each other's presence as if Chanyeol didn't even matter.

"Uh, I went to the museum," I said instead, making him hum in question.

"Oh, really? How was it?"

"It was great. I went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art, it's quite famous around here. They had a lot of cool paintings and artifacts, even the Tomb of Perneb in the Egyptian section. It was really awesome. But other than that, I was mostly bored," I chuckled nervously, hoping he wouldn't pry for more.

"Did Michael take you?" he asked instead, and I only nodded my head.

Desperately wanting to change the subject, not wanting him to ask more about how I spend my days in the arms of another woman, I spoke, "What about you? How is everything in Korea? I take it, you took care of everything?"

My question made him groan in annoyance but he answered nevertheless, "As I've said before, Hwayoung is completely incompetent. I don't know what I was thinking to leave him in charge. I fired him right away when I arrived. That's why I spent so much time away from you, which I'm sorry for, by the way. You know how hard it is to fire someone in top positions and then find a replacement on such short notice. I would've left Ashley in charge but she has to take over YG for me so that was out of the question. But now everything seems to be okay. I appointed Hyunsuk the new CEO, and he seems to know what he's doing, so I hope I won't have to fly over again,"

"I bet it was really exhausting, taking care of everything with the limited time you had," I tried to sympathize.

"You have no idea. But it's all okay now that I'm with my family again," his hand rubbed circles into my baby bump and I wanted to swat it away instantly.

"What are your plans for today? You said you had to go to work, but I thought you were leaving Ashley in charge now that you've come back?"

"I am," he confirmed, "But I have to show her the ropes. I mean, she knows what to do; she's trained for this, but still, I have to take care of some things before she can take over for me. Introduce her in the office, and all that. It's not as easy as it seems, really. I can't just drop her off," he chuckled.

"So will you now only work in the US branch for PCY's?"

"After Ashley is settled in, yes. I'll only come to check up on her sometimes or come over if she needs me, but other than that, it will be in her hands completely and I'll focus on the law firm," I said nothing seeing as I could tell he was contemplating something before he continued, "Would you like to join me later? When I go back to PCY's?"

"I would actually rather not," I said honestly, hoping I wouldn't somehow spark his anger, "It's just that with the baby, I'd rather relax. I mean, my ankles are all swollen, and it's hard to move,"

"Yeah, of course," he agreed in understanding, making me furrow my brows because his behavior was definitely strange.

"When do you have to leave?"

"I told Ash I'd meet her at ten, so I should probably start getting ready. I have something to take care of before I leave,"

"Oh, okay," I nodded my head, "Would you like me to make you something for breakfast?"

"That won't be necessary. I'll just have some coffee. I'm not really feeling hungry. Don't worry about me though, I will probably grab a bite with Ashley later,"

"Should I be worried about this Ashley?" I joked.

"What? Are you seriously doubting my loyalty to you right now?"

"Huh?" I was a little taken aback by his reaction, but then again, I should've known better to even joke around with him like that. He wasn't Lisa, and he wasn't someone laid back to kid around with either. Did I really forget just who he was during the time he was away, or did I just get used to normal conversations during the time I spent with Lisa?

"That's not what I-" I tried to defend, but it was too late because I could see his angry expression when I turned around in his arms.

"I'm not like you," he spat, "Sneaking around with whoever has a dick," he stood up from the bed, running a hand through his hair in frustration, "Fuck! Is this how you treat me after being away for so long?"

"I was just-"

"You were just what, huh?" he scoffed, "You're fucking unbelievable. Maybe I should just fuck Ashely since you're such a fucking bitch,"

"Please, calm down I was-"

"Shut the fuck up, Chaeyoung! I take care of you, make sure you have everything you could ever want, I gave you this luxurious life. You would be nothing, absolute fucking nobody, without me. Fucking ungrateful slut," and with that he walked into the closet, not sparing me another glance.

He wasn't the only one who was fuming, though. I was angry as well. All I did was joke around, trying to keep the mood light for at least a few fleeting moments, and this was what I got in return? Accusations and slurs, thrown in my direction? Not to mention telling me I would be a nobody. Was he fucking serious?

I and my family were the only reason he was as successful as he was. Without him, I would lead Park Legal Services and be the youngest female CEO of my own law firm. Fuck, I would probably be bigger than him, just like how my family's company always had been.

He would never make it this far have it not been for this god-awful marriage.

If it weren't for the stupid will of my parents, PCY's and Park Legal Services would still compete against each other and PCY's would be nowhere near as large as it has become since he took rains over my family's company as well. If one of us would be a nobody without the other, it would be him.

My family's company was always bigger than his. And there was no doubt in my mind it would stay that way. Back when Chanyeol's, now deceased, parents were in charge of the company, they tried to persuade my father to merge the companies to become stronger together and dominate Korea. They practically begged him from what my father had told me. But my dad never gave in because of their values and what words were circulating around their company.

But I guess towards their death they decided to bury the hatchet between them after all, and wanted me to find love with the PCY's heir, and merge. They told me that the fight was meaningless and that Chanyeol's father, Semin, was right and that they would, indeed, be stronger together rather than be stuck in a meaningless competition.

Chanyeol should fucking thank me for making him a somebody. Not the other way around. I was livid and wanted to follow him, to yell in his face and ask him how he dared to treat me this way when I was the sole reason he made it as far as he has. If it wasn't for me, he would maybe be famous on the block where PCY's was located.

But I didn't. I knew better than to do that, no matter how badly I wanted to. No matter how fed up I was with the way he would treat me.

Perhaps Lisa was a bad influence. Because after experiencing how a person should be treated, I no longer wanted to live a life like this. I didn't want to be trapped anymore. Everything that she had told me, how she would get me out of this and take care of it, got to me.

Of course, I knew this was no way a husband should treat his wife, but I couldn't do anything about it. I still couldn't but now after knowing what it felt like to actually be cared for, I felt more desperate than ever to get out of his clutches. I no longer wanted to stay like this.

I knew I would never say anything, but fuck, I wanted to. It was probably the hormones, seeing as I became far more easily irritated, and I could only hope it would fade. That this sudden urge to fight would go away because it would only cause me trouble. Because though it would be right and I would only speak the truth, it would change nothing.

My family's company was his, and so was I. Fighting back wouldn't change a thing. It would only get me punished, probably worse than ever before too. I couldn't let that happen. I had to stay strong.

Without a word, he left the walk-in closet in his work attire and walked out of the bedroom, down the stairs. I jumped a little as I heard him slam the door to his office, but released a relieved sigh, anyway.

It seemed like today would be a long day and I wasn't sure what to do. I pissed Chanyeol off and there was no doubt in my mind I would pay for it later. However, he would spend most of this day outside, and that left me a day to myself, per usual.

What I wanted to do most, was to spend time with Lisa, but I couldn't risk it when he was back in town. I couldn't go over to Jisoo's and Jennie's apartment either because of what happened last time I did. I didn't want that to repeat again, and I couldn't risk him finding out I was "sneaking around" again.

I trusted Michael wouldn't say anything, however; it wasn't just about him.

So with that in mind and a long and boring day ahead, I let my head fall back down on the pillows, lifting my hand up to the ceiling, admiring the bubblegum ring on my index finger, and imagining her hand grasping mine with a gentle kiss on my cheek.

-

"Honey, I'm so sorry about this morning," I spoke the second Chanyeol walked through the door.

"It's okay darling," he answered rather calmly, his voice sweet even, unnerving me to no end because it reminded me awfully a lot of the dark ominous clouds settling over the city right before a thunderstorm.

Chanyeol wasn't sweet and understanding, not even during my pregnancy, which further worried me because doing a complete one-eighty after coming home from work was unnatural. I gauged his expression carefully, searching for hints of anger, underlying vengeance, and burning hatred for my behavior in the morning, but found none.

No trace of anger whatsoever, and not just at me, but at the rest of the world either. Because usually when he would come home after a long day at work, his face would be contoured in a scowl and I would be on the receiving end of his venting for the night. But this time, there was none of that. And to say it worried me would be an understatement.

All that was on his face was a gentle smile. Even his eyes were kind as he looked at me, and I was pretty sure he has never looked at me this way before. Not once. Not even when he was trying to impress me and show me what a good guy he was before I would fall into his trap and marry him.

Was this some sick plan of his? One where he would lure me in with fake smiles and gentle gestures just to throw me on the floor like a lifeless marionette? It was scary how this terrified me even more than when he would be blatantly enraged, ready to pummel the first thing that his fist reached.

But he was calm and collected. It was daunting, odd, and it made me distrustful, my mind urging my body to take a cautious step back as he walked towards me slowly, like an animal ready to pounce on its prey.

"Hey my love," he greeted once he was only a breath away as I failed to distance myself from the man approaching me in fear of his reaction, "I missed you," a sloppy kiss landed on my cheek and though I was used to the gesture, it didn't make the instinctive need to hurl disappear.

"Hi," I croaked, the tension in my voice tangible as I gauged his face, waiting for all hell to break loose and his small smile turn into a wicked grin that torture would surely ensue.

Yet, that wasn't the case and the only change in his expression was the way he quirked his brows questioningly, taking up on my apprehension, "What is it? Everything okay?"

My eyes almost bulged out of my eye sockets because I was pretty damn sure he never asked me that question before, let alone with actual concern in his voice, and for more than just a few brief moments I stood frozen, unable to move or speak a word, my jaw slacked, "W-What?"

"I asked you if you were okay, Chaeyoung?" he chuckled, cupping my cheek with his hand and running a thumb across, studying my expression.

"Yeah..." I managed to speak without stammering this time, "Peachy,"

"Great!" he beamed, pecking my lips quickly and moving towards the living room, not even noting at the fact I didn't say I missed him back.

I couldn't do much else than stare at his back, still completely stricken, as his figure retreated to the couch. This was certainly new and unexpected, and I wasn't sure how to approach the situation other than with utmost caution. But then again, I was scared that if he saw the fear flash in my eyes, it would only enrage him. Though that might make things easier because, at the very least, I would know where I stood, unlike now when I could just guess what horrific punishment he had in store for me that, dare I say, made him feel bad enough to treat me decently.

Trying to tell myself to calm down and take a win when it was presented to me, did nothing to dispel the trepidation. But before I could weigh my options any more and establish the next course of action, his voice resounded through the quiet penthouse, "Come here,"

It wasn't a demand. His voice was gentle, more like a lover would say to their significant other. They weren't laced with poison, but rather affection and need that I didn't pick up as malicious. It made me gulp. This wasn't Chanyeol. Not the one I knew, anyway. And for a brief second, I wondered whether Lisa tracked him down, skinned him alive, and it was actually her. Which I hoped wasn't the case because that would be quite gruesome and, quite frankly, psychotic.

With tentative steps, I rounded the white couch, my eyes connecting with his, which were following my every movement intently. And once I was within arm's reach, he outstretched his arm, but not to hurt me, but to take my hand in his large one and guide me to sit in his lap. He winded his arms around my waist, holding me in place as I settled down. But once again, it wasn't forcefully or in a sense of possession, rather keep me there for... whatever reason. All this was too baffling and I couldn't come up with the motive behind his abrupt change in behavior. I only knew that whatever it was, it must have been really bad. Really bad for me.

I expected him to say something, but he stayed silent, resting the side of his head against me as he looked ahead, straight through the windows displaying the night skyline of Manhattan, "Are you okay?" I couldn't help but ask, still completely thrown off.

"I am now," he smiled up at me, placing a quick kiss to the side of my neck as if it was the most natural thing. And I guess it was, he never shied away from touches, however, this wasn't sexual or rough, just... what one would consider normal under different circumstances. Because this was anything but normal.

"How was work?" I queried, wanting to put an end to this bullshit, but instead of angering him how I expected, he shrugged nonchalantly, bringing my body closer and audibly inhaled my scent, which made me think whether he wanted to murder me and was enjoying the last moments I was alive. But then again, he'd probably fuck me first if that were to happen. I mean, that was really all I was to him. A body to relieve urges, whether sexual or aggressive ones.

"It was alright. I met Ashley for breakfast, we went into this cute coffee shop near the office. I have to take you there sometime. It's actually really nice when you ignore the pest behind the counter. They have many things there, making it hard to pick just one. I even considered breaking my diet when I saw all the food varieties they served," he mused, his eyes distant as if he was currently sitting in the said coffee shop, instead of the living room, and my heart was beating rapidly because this was definitely the furthest from normal.

Is he having a stroke?

"I thought of you as soon as we walked through the door. There were so many cupcakes, and bagels, and sandwiches, and cakes, and so many other things. I can't even name them all. You'd like it," he assured with a curt nod and I thought for a moment if he ever paid me any attention at all. Because though I might have enjoyed the things prior to meeting him, I could no longer keep food in my stomach with ease, let alone fill it, out of anything but a survival instinct.

"And their coffee was actually great too. I ordered an Americano with this absolutely amazing BLT sandwich. I even had seconds, that's how good it was. Ashley got some sort of Latte, I don't know, but she claimed it was also really good. And then we split this carrot cake in half, and let me tell you, it was heaven on earth. Right after you, of course," he grinned, taking my earlobe between his teeth, "You're my favorite dessert."

"Well, I can't wait for you to show it to me someday," I lied because to go anywhere with him was just extending the torture, and really, the only people I would like to go anywhere with would be my friends, but frankly, I had a preference there as well. A beautiful, raven, Thai preference to be precise. "Did you spend the whole day at the coffee shop, though?" I chuckled, trying to get more information out of the man who clearly didn't seem bothered in the slightest.

"Sorry," he chuckled, "I just really enjoyed breakfast that I sort of rambled. But yeah, obviously there was so much to do today. After breakfast, we went into YG. Though I did already, I showed her around one more time to make sure she was really familiar with the place. We shook hands with a few people who wanted to suck up to the new boss. It was quite pathetic if you ask me. The desperation made me sick," Chanyeol rolled his eyes and though the recollection seemed to annoy him, he remained calm, much to my dismay. And that alone spoke volumes because I never thought I'd wish for him to be actually angry.

"After that she just signed some documents and gave a speech to the employees, to make it official. You can read about it in the tabloid if you'd like. Ashely will make sure it's out first thing tomorrow. Though there weren't any cameras allowed because we wanted to keep it low-key. So you won't be able to see the face of my mistress,"

"Chan, I'm so sorry about what happened this morning," I spoke hastily at the mention of the previous events, "I really only meant it as a joke. I didn't mean to make you upset,"

"It's all water under the bridge, Chaeyoung," he assured.

"Oh, reminds me, you should've seen Manoban this morning" he laughed patronizingly, but I gulped instead, my eyes building out of my head at the mention of the woman, "I don't know what it was, but when I introduced her to Ash, she just stared at her for so long. Maybe the disgusting dyke has a crush. For a moment there, she looked like she might pass out. I can't blame her really, Ashley is a gorgeous woman but still the way she was ogling her like the disgusting pig she is... makes me regret not firing her the second she was mean to you. But at least it was entertaining,"

I would lie if I said I wasn't jealous. Lisa ogling other women definitely made my blood pressure rise. Sure, we weren't in a relationship, she could do anything she wanted, but after the heartfelt conversations we shared, I didn't think she would. It was silly of me to think that things would go back to normal. That she would be mine even without really being mine at all.

My hands conformed into fists that shook slightly against Chanyeol'ds shoulders. I hate the thought of her with someone else. Of some new hot boss strutting around the office, having the raven under her spell and completely out of my grasp. Though it was only fair since I was in a relationship far more committing than just dating or hooking up.

If Lisa wanted to pursue this woman, good for her. She absolutely should. I wasn't hers and in return; she wasn't mine. She should seek happiness elsewhere, far away from me. It was not like I could ever give it to her, anyway. However, no matter how rational my thoughts were, it didn't help the pang of jealousy in my heart to subside. Neither did it the need to punch something.

I absolutely hated the thought of seeing her with someone new. Made me want to put a curse on her and Lisa. Poor Ashley person didn't even do anything, and I already disliked her for simply being attractive. Oh, what have I succumbed to? It was irrational and so completely and utterly selfish, but I just couldn't handle the thought of losing her to someone else. The thought of her in the arms of another, while I would wish for her for all days to come.

This feeling inside me made me want to storm to YG and kiss her in front of everyone so they'd know to back off; that she was mine. But I couldn't. Because she wasn't. And for all I knew, she would never be. Not again. Not in this lifetime, and not in this version of reality. As much as I wanted that not to be true, it was a truth that couldn't be denied or avoided.

Whatever the future held for us, it wasn't our pinkies tied together by a red thread how they used to. It didn't involve two matching rings sitting on both our ring fingers. It was over and I had to come to accept that. The sooner, the better.

So I kept telling myself that, in hopes, I would believe my own thoughts once I repeated them for the hundredth time. I didn't.

"Not more gorgeous than you, though," he must've noticed my body tensing up and mistaken it for jealousy that was directed at him, as he covered my fists with one of his big hands, "I would never lay eyes on another woman. I hope you know that," and brought my hands up, placing a kiss on my knuckles.

"I know," I sighed, knowing he was telling the truth but also not giving a damn at all. I really couldn't care less if he fucked around or not. Heck, I'd probably welcome it if he did. Maybe then I wouldn't have to endure all the pent-up frustration.

"What about you, darling? How was your day?" he prodded gently.

"It was okay, I guess, I was just really bored," I answered truthfully, no longer caring what kind of reaction it would evoke. Surprising me once again, he nodded his head in understanding.

"Not even a book could entertain you this time?"

"I read for a while, but couldn't really get into it,"

"Why? Something on your mind?" Yes. Lisa. But I couldn't say that.

However, the raven was more or less the sole reason I couldn't focus on any task and rather spend my entire day thinking about her. After receiving the somewhat cryptic message from her earlier, I really couldn't help but wonder what she wanted to talk about.

The text was simple, "Can I meet you? I really need to talk to you," it said nothing more. Just those two sentences, igniting curiosity within me in a matter of seconds. All I wanted was to ask her about the time and place, but couldn't. I couldn't risk meeting with her now that he was back. Couldn't risk Chanyeol finding out I was sneaking behind his back again and with my past (and to some degree present) lover, at that. He would probably make sure I wouldn't see the light of day again if he found out.

It was far too risky. Not just for me, but for both of us. The knowledge, however, didn't stop my mind from wandering, and so I asked Lisa to just tell me over the phone even though the text sounded rather urgent. I doubted she would relay the information through the device, and I was right because the second I offered a listening ear through the phone, she declined and told me she could only tell me in person.

Her voice was laden with disappointment when I called her, and another emotion I couldn't put my finger on. I wondered if, perhaps; I angered the younger woman. Because even though I told her countless times how dangerous this was and how she shouldn't seek me out or contact me, ever, she seemed to have her mind set on doing the exact opposite.

I was the first one to breach the silence that fell upon us, releasing a long sigh, when I told her it would be impossible to meet her anytime soon. She didn't react to that either and only replied when I told her once again it would probably be easier to just tell me because she wouldn't get the opportunity to tell me in person that soon.

Her reply didn't come across as angered much to my delight, but it seemed... desperate. My curiosity quickly transformed into worry and concern because Lisa wasn't one to rush things, and suddenly telling me something that was clearly important to her, became her top priority. Something that absolutely could not wait.

She even went as far as to propose she could come to see me to the penthouse, whether just in the garage or going all the way up being my choice. Naturally, I called her out on her insanity because absolutely nothing was good about the idea. After talking to her for a little while longer, though, I agreed to meet her sometime soon. I promised her I would sneak out one of these days but told her she would have to wait a little longer until I had a plan in action.

That seemed to relax the short-haired woman a little, and I agreed to update her of the situation and let her know once I could come out and meet her in person. We stopped talking after that and I quickly cleared my call history, knowing Chanyeol wasn't shy about snooping through my phone.

But the unshakable feeling that something bad happened lingered. No matter what I did to occupy my mind, it proved to be futile. I just couldn't focus and all I kept thinking about was how distressed and rushed the Thai woman seemed to be. I didn't get the chance to ask her, but I wondered if perhaps she's got herself in trouble. Though I was sure she wouldn't have told me if she has. Still, countless possibilities swarmed around in my mind and I couldn't help but worry.

I even quickly texted Jennie to ask whether she knew what Lisa wanted to tell me, but she told me neither her nor Jisoo had any idea of what the raven was thinking. It was quite frustrating, that was for sure.

Obviously, none of that could be spoken out loud to my husband who watched me curiously, and so I opted, once again, for a lie, "Just you. You haven't been home for so long and now that you've come back I couldn't focus on anything else,"

"You sure?" he questioned skeptically, and suddenly the steely cold gaze was back and his arms tightened around my form, no longer gentle but back to their possessive roots.

"Positive," I squeaked.

"You know," he ventured, pausing at the end as if weighing his next words, "I hate it when you lie to me," he leaned forward, his lips brushing the shell of my ear, making me shiver as his breath hit my skin, "I know you've been hanging out with Lisa, Chaeyoung,"

I gulped, "W-What?"

"You didn't think Michael was the only one monitoring you, did you?" he chortled amused, "Gosh, you're so naïve,"

"Chanyeol, I swear I-"

"You swear you what, Chaeyoung?" the man challenged, "That you weren't sneaking around with her the entire time I was gone and lying through your teeth? Or that you haven't gone to see those two dykes? Or that you didn't spend several nights at her place? Which one will it be, hm?" he chuckled lightly, his tone calm, but I could sense the irrefutable threat hidden behind his sharp gaze.

"It's not what it looks like," I breathed weakly, my heart hammering against my chest wildly.

"You know, Chaeyoung," he sighed sadly, his steely gaze turning into pity as he looked at me before he removed me off his lap and stood up, offering me a hand to pull me up. I didn't have the courage not to take it. "I was hoping I wouldn't have to tell you. I really wanted to spare you the pain. But I think it's only fair you know since it seems your dear friend is keeping secrets from you,"

"Secrets?" I asked hesitantly.

"That's right. My poor Chaeyoung," he cooed and cupped my face, "People are always taking advantage of how naïve you are, aren't they? I don't know what's sadder, them doing it, or the fact that you let them over and over again. Don't you see? I'm the only one who loves you, the only one who cares about you. Who else would give a shit about you? Hm? You have no one Chae. No one else cares,"

"What are you talking about?" I couldn't take it. Couldn't take how I was clearly entertaining the man who, despite looking at me with pity, had his eyes twinkling with amusement.

"Why don't I just show you," he grimaced maliciously and started pulling me towards his study.

"Chanyeol, what are you doing?" I asked again after we entered the room I have seen just once before, walls lined with bookshelves stacked with books, red velvet curtains draped across the window, a mahogany table in the middle of the room with a leather swivel chair behind it. If I wasn't anxious, it might make me smile just how cliché the dark room appeared to be.

"Do you know who killed your parents, darling?" he deflected my question with his own, causing me to shake my head violently.

"You know I don't,"

"Why not?" he inquired curiously, though I knew he knew the answer.

"I don't want to see the face of the person who ended their life," it was simple. I didn't want to see their eyes. The eyes of a murderer who took the last family I had out of my life in a flash. The person who irresponsibly drove their car into the one my parents drove, killing them on the scene with no chance of being saved. I didn't want to know who their murderer was, I already bore too much pain. I couldn't face more. Not like this.

"I really, really, tried to protect you, Chaeyoung," he almost whined, "Shit, I mean, I didn't even tell you it wasn't an accident,"

"W-What.... what do you... what do you mean it wasn't an accident?" I found my voice, but my eyes immediately filled with tears, "Of course it was. The driver... they-... they were drunk. It was an accident, wasn't it?"

He walked closer, his hands reaching for my face and wiping my tears away but pressing his thumbs into my skin roughly, making sure I felt it, "My dear, naïve, Roseanne," his lips upturned to a sad smile that didn't lack vileness, "Honestly, how stupid are you?"

"I-... I'm not..." I tried weakly, his words however settling doubt in my heart.

"Are you sure about that?"

But I didn't answer. I didn't nod. I didn't do anything but stare right at him, trying to ignore the pain from the tight hold he had on my face, his fingers digging into my cheeks.

"The fucker, the one who killed your parents, they weren't drunk," he informed me as he stepped away from me and walked towards his desk, opening one of the drawers, "It wasn't a mere accident. No, they stalked your parents, mapped their every move for weeks, searching for the perfect opportunity to execute the murder. Your parents were a target, Chae,"

"Why are you telling me this?" I sobbed, "Please don't. I don't-"

"Do you want to know who was sitting behind the wheel that night, Chaeyoung?"

"I-..."

"DO YOU?" he roared, anger burning in his eyes as he slammed a manila folder on the desk.

"I don't want to know, please... don't," I begged the man who was holding my future in his hands with tears streaming down my cheeks, "Please..."

"Well, I think you should know," he spoke calmly again, the same nefarious smile on his face, "Look at the file, look at the person who took the light out of your parent's eyes,"

I shook my head, panting for air as the walls began closing in on me and I felt paralyzed, petrified, caged, "I-I won't..."

"I said," he threatened and flounced towards me, his shoulders shaking in anger, "LOOK AT IT!" he grasped the back of my head, forcing it down and almost slamming it against the wooden surface.

"Do you see?" he laughed, "Do you see what she fucking did to you? That fucking lying dyke?"

"No..." I sobbed as I stared at the name in disbelief, tears falling on the page before me freely, smearing the ink, but the name was still clear, as if untouched by the salty droplets.

Manoban

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.4K 975 43
Manoban Lalisa didn't plan for her life to be on the run with a newly born to protect and raise, but the situation she's in doesn't give her any othe...
228K 7.5K 44
I guess people were right when they told me that the one you love the most, will hurt you the most. And I gave her the chance to broke my heart for t...
404K 13.8K 28
in which a girl falls in love with an angel she doesn't deserve. chaelisa au. minor jensoo. started: june 28, 2018 ended: january...
3.7M 102K 68
Jennie said she's 100% straight, but she's not homophobic either. It's just that she has been inlove with a guy for almost 5yrs now. But, what if one...