Keep Bleeding Love

Od EastCoastPinay

Two personalities from different worlds. Can the troubled pasts that brought them to the same place bring the... Viac

WARNING
KEEP BLEEDING LOVE
PROLOGUE
Chapter 1| AYA
Chapter 2| CID
Chapter 3| AYA
Chapter 4| CID
Chapter 5| AYA
Chapter 6| CID
Chapter 7| AYA
Chapter 8| CID
Chapter 9| AYA
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12| AYA
Chapter 13| CID
Chapter 14
Chapter 15| CID
Chapter 16| AYA
Chapter 17| AYA
Chapter 18
Chapter 19| CID
Chapter 20| AYA
Chapter 22| AYA
Chapter 23| CID
Chapter 24| AYA
Chapter 25| CID
Chapter 26| AYA
Chapter 27| CID
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
EPILOGUE
LIVE. FIGHT. LOVE.
REVELATIONS|| BONUS CHAPTERS
1|| THE FACES OF REGRET- THE ONE WHO LET GO
2|| THE FACES OF REGRET- THE ONE WHO TRIED TO STAY
3|| THE FACES OF REGRET- THE ONE LEFT BEHIND
4|| THE AMAZING JANE

Chapter 21| CID

621 39 1
Od EastCoastPinay

"Welcome to Bentonville! Welcome to our home, My Aya!"

It's a dream come true for me! I have been wanting to bring Aya here to Arkansas. And for our 3rd anniversary, I surprised her. I wanted her to meet my mom and dad. So I am excited about bringing her to my home. She is the only woman I have welcomed to my house. And I hope she would be happy and enchanted to see my place, for I look forward to building our family together. 

"Let us rest for tonight, and tomorrow morning, can you please make flowers for my mom? I hope we can bring her some flowers when you meet her."

"Of course, I would love to, Cid! I don't remember you mentioning your mom to me before. I am nervous about meeting your parents tomorrow."

"Don't be! I am sure they will both love you!"

***

When morning came I brought Aya to the first W supermarket located here in Bentonville. First, I gave her a tour for her to see the first-ever branch established by my dad. Then, I showed her the garden which my mom designed. The joy I felt watching her arrange the flowers in the same spot that my mom used to occupy was beyond. It was my first time after 13 years to set foot in my favorite garden again. It brought sad memories and a new, happy one with Aya. We left for my mom's as soon as Aya finished the arrangement.

"Are we not going to the mansion that you said was your dad's? Where does your mom live, Cid?"

"Relax. We will be there soon."

I can see from Aya's face that it shocked her as we drove to the entrance of Bentonville Cemetery. She had a sad look on her face as she gazed at me. When I stopped the car in front of our family's mausoleum entrance, I couldn't move. I wanted to stay inside the car for a few minutes; I needed to prepare myself.

"Can we stay inside the car for a while? I'm sorry, Aya, but this is the first time I am coming back here. After five years, Selfishness and guilt are what I'm feeling right now. I hope my mom can forgive me."

"Take your time, Cid. I will be beside you. I am sure your mom is the happiest today."

***

As we entered the mausoleum where my mom was buried, I couldn't help but remember the last time I came here. It was during my 20th birthday five years ago. Just like in the past eight years, I came to visit my mom alone. Since her funeral, my dad never took the time to go with me to see her. Since Mom died, my dad stayed in his office on the top floor of W HQ. He didn't even check on me at home. It was only Don, the driver, Miriam, my nanny, and Rick, my best friend. I will never forget my last visit here.

Mom, it's Cid. Today is my 20th birthday. As usual, Dad forgot about it. Since you left, Dad forgot everything, even me. Even if I tried to be the best in school up to my college graduation last month, Dad didn't show up. I know you always tell me I need to get Dad's attention because he is always busy with W. But I am done getting his attention as Cid, his son. Maybe I need to change my strategy, Mom. Perhaps if I become the opposite of who I am, Dad will notice me. 

I'm sorry, Mom, if I won't be able to visit you after today. I won't have the courage and face to show up in front of you once I show Dad the opposite of me. Please understand, Mom. But I promise you, I will be back at least as the same Cid your son or hopefully a better one. 

I love you, Mom, always!

"Cid, are you okay?"

Aya's voice awakened me and her warm touch as she locked her hand with mine. 

"Where do you want me to place these flowers?" she asked.

I pulled Aya towards me after she placed the flowers on top of the marble tomb. I put my hand on her waist and kissed her forehead.

"Mom, I want you to meet My Aya. She is my girlfriend. You will surely love her, Mom. She loves flowers like you. My Aya, meet my mom, Cynthia Waldon."

"Hi, Mrs. Waldon, I'm Aya. It is my pleasure to meet you. Thank you for bringing Cid into this world."

"If you don't mind me asking, what happened to her, Cid?"

"She died 13 years ago in a car accident. She was on her way to a high school class reunion in New York. I was 12 then. I didn't know our hug in the W garden would be our last. She took the jet from Bentonville to Brooklyn." My chest constricted, remembering the day. "On her way to her school with some of her high school friends, a truck that beat a red light hit them."

"Which high school was it, Cid?"

"Brooklyn Technical High School, Why?"

When I looked at Aya, I saw her face turned from red into a flash of pale whiteness. She started shaking and pressing on her chest. It looked like she couldn't breathe. 

"Aya, are you okay? What's going on?"

"My parents died in the same accident, Cid."

"What?! Are you sure, Aya?"

"My dad was driving our family van with my mom and two of her best friends. Does that mean your mom and my mom were friends in high school, Cid?"

 "What happened to you after the accident, My Aya? 

Tears fell on her soft and pinkish cheeks. Disbelief is what we are feeling, with what we both discovered just now. I can't imagine what Aya went through. I felt like a part of me died when my mom died. Though my dad changed overnight, it was still a consolation knowing that he was alive and I still have a father then. But Aya lost both of her parents. And she was just 10 years old. 

"Oh, My Aya! I am so sorry for what you have been through! 

I covered her with my tight embrace and slowly I wiped her tears with my other hand. Now more than ever, I swear in my mom's grave that I will never let go of this woman. I will protect her in every way I can and with everything that I have. 

"Stop crying, okay? I am here and I will never leave you. With all the sadness, hurt, and pains that you felt before, I will replace them with happiness and my love for you. Believe that okay?"

"I love you, Cid. Thank you!"

"I love you more than you know, My Aya! Where are your parents buried?"

"In New York. I haven't visited them since Jane took me to Worcester."

"Would you like to visit them?"

***

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

517K 11.1K 37
| 𝟭𝟲𝘅 𝗙𝗘𝗔𝗧𝗨𝗥𝗘𝗗 · [EDITORS' CHOICE -- NOVEMBER 2020] [ONC 2020 Winner] Two strangers on separate trains, divided by uncaring glass. A bond...
55.9K 2.3K 40
[ONC 2021 Honorable Mention & Round 2 Ambassador's Pick] [Featured on @StoriesUndiscovered, @Contemporarylit, @teenfiction] "There's something about...
1.1M 47.6K 66
This story is complete ✅ Casey is a nerd, but the charming, cute type. He evades college parties like the plague. Who knew he would accidentally jump...
184K 9.1K 39
Sugar McKenzie and August Wakefield couldn't be more different - Sugar, a meticulous, caring, but lonely paramedic and August, a charming former real...