❁ My Love is Dahlia | Kiyoko...

By vengefulghosts

(F/N) is Hinata Shōyō's childhood best friend. Just like her best friend she used to have a big passion for v... More

IMPORTANT (A/N)
(二) Beautiful distraction
(三) Versus the Great King
(四) Uno Reverse Card
(五) Empathizing
(六) Who is she?

(一) Karasuno's Volleyball Club

3K 75 43
By vengefulghosts

"I can't wait 'till we team up and destroy that King! You'll be here soon right?"
"Yeah, don't worry about it, Shōyō! My dad took care of everything, all I have to do is enter Karasuno"

At the entrance of the gym to Karasuno's Volleyball Club, Hinata is sworn to get revenge from "King of the Court" by teaming up with his childhood best-friend and training with Karasuno High, unfortunately, inside the gym he sees the one and only;

Kageyama Tobio

He recognizes Hinata immediately. Kageyama thinks of how Hinata's agile and has good reflexes but doesn't put any of that into good use and that leads to a small argument.

"Why are you here and not at a stronger school? Aren't you like the King of the Court? You remind me of someone"

Hinata never knew why you agreed to enroll to Karasuno High with him, when you could've gotten in much stronger schools.

"DO NOT CALL ME KING YOU IDIOT" A very pissed off Kageyama yells at Hinata. Before the Hinata can reply, some of the club members arrive. They don't notice Hinata at first, their attention is solely on Kageyama. Hinata resorts to yelling out his introduction which catches everyone's attention. Tanaka immediately recognizes him as "Shorty #1".

"It's surprising that Kageyama and Hinata are both joining the team recalling what happened last year between them" The captain is not sure if they're on good terms now.

"Despite your size Shorty #1 you've got guts!"

"Even though I'm short, I can jump really high and I will become Karasuno's ace!"

"At least try to improve before saying such bold words and do not waste my time like you did in junior high" While his upperclassmen are complimenting Hinata's ambition, Kageyama cuts in.

"I played with all I had in that game last year and not everything I did was a waste!"

I'm getting embarrassed here, where is (F/N)? If she was here the King wouldn't even dare to speak.

"Hinata, Kageyama! You're teammates now and shouldn't fight" Daichi tries to point out but none of the first years pay any attention to him.

They end up creating a 1-on-1 match against each other at the same time as the vice-principal walks in. Tanaka tries to warn the two to keep it down, but they end up playing against each other anyway.

"Last year, I wasn't able to receive a lot of your spikes, but I've changed since then"

"I accept your challenge and believe me, I've changed too"

The ball bounces off Hinata's arms and knocks the vice principal's wig off his head. Kageyama serves powerfully and Hinata ends up dodging it.

"Exactly how are you different from last year?"

"SHUT UP! LET ME HAVE ANOTHER TRY!!!"

To Kageyama's surprise, Hinata successfully receives the second one, only to send it towards the vice-principal. The ball ends up knocking his wig off his head, and he takes Daichi outside to talk.
A moment later, Daichi returns and announces that the vice-principal isn't going to take any actions against the team, as long as they forget what they saw. Before Daichi can say anymore, Kageyama and Hinata start fighting again over whose fault it was.

"Will you two stop it? Karasuno was one of the top teams in the prefecture until a few years ago and had even gone to nationals once; now, they're ranked, at best, eighth in the prefecture and other schools have even started calling them "Fallen Rivals" or "The Crows That Can't Fly".

When he was younger, he would pass by students from Karasuno that had competed against the strongest teams in Tokyo's huge gymnasium which gave him goosebumps. He wants to go back to that gym now. This inspires Hinata who thinks of how he'll be on the same court as the Little Giant.

"Many schools have the same dream" Kageyama points out.

"I meant what I said, Kageyama" Daichi replies, intimidating Kageyama.

Daichi confronts the first-years' behaviour. For that to happen, Daichi needs a unified team that won't be bothered by the vice-principal again.

"I don't need you two to be friends, but now that you two are on the same side of the net, you are allies"

No matter how strong they are, if they can't get along and end up hindering their teammates, they're not wanted. He then pushes the two, along with their application papers, out of the gym. Until they realize they're teammates, they won't be participating in this club. He then closes the door on them.
The duo tries begging to be let back in but can't keep themselves from fighting.

"Fine, I'll get along with him" Kageyama knocks Hinata out of the way.

"Are you sure?" Daichi opens the door a tiny bit.

"I would rather receive, spike and toss all by myself than cooperate with Hinata in a match" an unnerved, Kageyama ends up telling the truth. Daichi laughs at his honesty and points out how in volleyball, one player can't touch the ball twice.

The duo doesn't give up though and continues camping out outside the gym.

"I'll challenge the upperclassmen to a 2-on-2! If we win you'll let us into the club" then Kageyama adds "Just do your best and try not to get in my way, Hinata"

Hinata exclaims that he wants to stand on the court again because of the feeling it gives him, reminding Kageyama of his defeat last year at the end of the tournament.

"If we lose, we'll endure any punishments"

Daichi reveals that there are three other first years and changes the game to a 3-on-3 against them with him on Tsukishima and Yamaguchi's team and (L/N) on the duo's team.

"But if she doesn't arrive here soon, Tanaka will be on your team"

If Hinata, (L/N) Kageyama lose, as long as the third years are still here, Kageyama will never get to play setter.

"Kageyama's good enough to become a regular anyway and spikers are cooler than setters!" Hinata remarks as Kageyama's raging and he grabs him and yells:

"SETTERS ARE THE CONTROL TOWERS OF A TEAM AND THEY ARE THE ONES THAT CREATE THOSE FLASHY SPIKES FOR THE SPIKERS"

Kageyama thinks about what Daichi said and plans to only send tosses to Tanaka because Hinata's too unreliable.

As they're arguing, Tanaka discreetly lets them know from inside the gym what time the gym would be empty. The duo agrees to come in at 5 am the next day, only to find the gym locked. As they're trying to get in, Tanaka arrives and opens the door for them, as long as they call him "senpai". As Tanaka walks in, he thinks of what Daichi told him about the duo and how they could bring out each other's strengths. If those two could work together, Karasuno will evolve explosively. However, at the moment the two need to work on their relationship first. Kageyama and Hinata are practicing in the gym, but Hinata can't receive Kageyama's spikes. As they're arguing about it, Sugawara enters the gym.

"I already knew Tanaka was secretly helping you two due to his weird behavior the night before"

However, he decides to keep the training from Daichi and even helps Hinata with his receives. Hinata isn't satisfied with Sugawara though and persistently asks Kageyama to toss to him.

"I will only toss to whoever I think is essential to winning" Kageyama replies, obviously thinking Hinata's not that person

Hinata practises his receives with Sugawara. Later on during the day, Hinata and Sugawara are practicing outside.

"I'm actually the official setter of Karasuno! I could set to you from now on!"

Hinata gets excited because he'd been yearning for an official setter for a long time. He never had one, cause his best-friend played another position. However, he can't accept Sugawara's offer because it would feel like he lost to Kageyama.

"Why are you so competitive with Kageyama?"

"Kageyama destroyed my team last year, I promised my best-friend I will become the next Little Giant" Hinata then adds "Just wait until you meet her! She'll join us very soon!"

Hinata tells the third year about the tournament last year, when Kageyama's team destroyed his. Just as Hinata's explaining his past to Sugawara, Kageyama comes by to buy a drink from the vending machine and eavesdrops on the two. He overhears Hinata saying that he wants to become strong enough to defeat Kageyama because if he can do that, it would put him on even grounds with other strong opponents. He doesn't want to lose anymore.

"Kageyama is the strongest opponent in your grade level, but now he can become your most formidable ally"

After school ends, Hinata goes to the gym where he bumps into Kageyama. The setter takes him to another place to practice since they can't enter the gym. Just as the duo leave, Tsukishima and Yamaguchi enter the gym and greet the third years. The other upperclassmen are shocked at the first years' height.

At the corner of the track field, Hinata and Kageyama practice into the evening until Kageyama hits a ball into a tree. He forces Hinata to get it and as he's getting the ball, he calls Kageyama "King", angering the setter.

"Why are you mad? It's a pretty cool nickname?" Hinata's confused.

Back in the gym, as the members are cleaning up, Tanaka remarks to Sugawara that he doesn't like Tsukishima and Yamaguchi.

"The first years seem really strong. I worry that Hinata and Kageyama may have some trouble. Say what you want, but I think Kageyama has changed since junior high"

"No, I think Kageyama hasn't changed a bit" Tanaka disagrees.

Outside, Hinata and Kageyama's practice gets interrupted by Tsukishima and Yamaguchi. Tsukishima catches Kageyama's toss to Hinata and teases Hinata about his height.

"Are you guys the first years who caused problems on the first day?

"прости, Shōyō!" another person taller than Tsukishima snatches away the ball from him "я заставил тебя ждать слишком долго?"

"(F/N) you're finally here! What took you so long?"

Huh? Hinata knows (L/N F/N)? I'm so jealous! But this will be my chance to learn how to become a better setter!

Kageyama introduces himself to you and hopes to give you a good first impression. Knowing you'll be on their team, Kageyama doesn't doubt victory at all! He just hopes Hinata won't get in the way.

Hinata gets so excited to finally meet you again, and he is amazed by your move. This is what he envied about you the most, you can easily intimidate tall players with your height.

"My flight got delayed" you calmly replied. "But most importantly, are these guys bothering you?" you say while glaring at the blonde boy only.

"She's even-"

"Don't even think about it, Yamaguchi"

"Why are you practicing here anyway? Didn't you sign up for the volleyball club yet?" you say confused.

"Well you see..." Hinata didn't want to disappoint you "To join the volleyball club, we have to win a 3-on-3 match against Tsukishima, Yamaguchi and the captain, Daichi" when he says Tsukishima and Yamaguchi's names he points at them.

"This should be easy" you say while eyeing them up and down.

"Me, (F/N) and Kageyama will win on saturday!" Hinata exclaims.

"Since it's an important match for you three, I'll just go easy on you" Tsukishima replies calmly.

"I will win even if you tried your best!" Kageyama responds angrily.

Tsukishima reminds him of his "King" nickname. Bringing up Kageyama's behavior during junior high, Tsukishima reveals that Kageyama's teammates did something to him during his last game. Unnerved, Kageyama grabs Tsukishima's collar but ultimately decides not to do anything. He then starts walking away and Tsukishima teases him even more. You wanted to do something about this but a certain orange haired boy acted before you. Having enough, Hinata jumps over Tsukishima's head, grabbing the ball out of his hand.

"I'll spike the ball over your head during the match" Hinata announces as he lands.

"Don't take everything so seriously, just have fun" Tsukishima says smiling secretly.

Confused, Hinata demands an explanation, but Tsukishima and Yamaguchi ignore him. Once they leave, Hinata demands Kageyama to continue practicing and the setter agrees.

"(F/N) change of plans! Instead of destroying Kageyama we'll destroy Tsukishima instead!"

A few days later, as they're practicing in the gym, Both you and Kageyama are surprised by Hinata's improved receives. Instead of practicing with them you just observed them. Despite reaching his limits, Hinata demands more from Kageyama. Annoyed, Kageyama spikes the ball with full power, sending it to the back of the gym. Refusing to give up, Hinata chases after it, impressing Kageyama who finally decides to trust Hinata. Kageyama thinks over Hinata's determination to win and tosses to him who, with the last of his strength, gets back up and spikes.

"(F/N)! What do you think?" Hinata rushes over to you.

"You know what? I'm actually excited for this!"

__________________________

прости, Shōyō! = Sorry, Shōyō!
я заставил тебя ждать слишком долго? = Did I make you wait too long?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

172K 4.4K 49
Hinata Shoyo. A first year in Karasuno High. An athlete, who's passion is in volleyball. Not only is this orange head straight up gorgeous, making ev...
214K 8.2K 100
ᴀ ᴛᴀʟʟ ᴡᴀʟʟ ʟᴏᴏᴍs ɪɴғʀᴏɴᴛ ᴏғ ᴍᴇ ʙʟᴏᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴍʏ ᴠɪᴇᴡ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ sɪᴅᴇ. ᴛʜᴇ ᴠɪᴇᴡ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴏᴘ, ɪs sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪ ʜᴀᴅ ɢɪᴠᴇɴ ᴜᴘ ᴏɴ sᴇᴇɪɴɢ ᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ. "𝐃...
2.8K 78 22
"𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐲 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐰𝐞'𝐥𝐥 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐢 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐟...
1.1M 23.1K 31
Yandere Haikyuu Boys x Female Reader you are the little sister of Kiyoko and you have just moved back in with your sister and mother. You switch sch...