DEFINE.

By bratzcartel

Not good at descriptions. More

ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY ONE
THIRTY TWO
THIRTY THREE
THIRTY FOUR
BOOK 2

TWENTY TWO

3.3K 238 43
By bratzcartel

A few weeks had passed and Aubrey was no longer in a cast, she had to wear a wrist brace for 4 more weeks and it'd be healed fully.

"You wanna go to a party tonight?" Josiah asked

"No"

"Why not?"

"Because I like what I'm doing now, and I plan on doing it later" she was currently watching House and she was enjoying herself.

"What you're doing now is boring" he said making her give him a look. He didn't see how she could just be content with watching tv all day, he saw no excitement in that.

"Well I like boring, go to your party alone"

"Why so hostile?" He asked

"You do know you don't have to insult what I'm doing to get me to do what you want, I'm way too old for peer pressure"

"I'm not trying to pressure you Bre, I'm just trying to convince you to do something fun for once"

"You try to convince me to do the fun stuff all the time and I do, I never have fun, but whatever makes you happy right?"

"It's not like that-"

"It is like that, you want me to say yes to everything you suggest but you never take any interest in what I have going on" she stated

"Alright, let's do whatever you want tonight Aubrey"

"Whatever I want?"

"Yes"

"Hmm, I don't know, you can just go to the party without me" she said. Nothing was popping up in her head so she decided to let it go.

"If you don't want to spend time with me just say that" he said joking but she didn't know that.

"I do,it's just I don't really want to do anything tonight, so you can go out and do what you want" she said

"I want to be with you" he said

"You're so sweet it makes me want to cry" she stopped smiling and began pouting a little.

"I'll be mean then?" he said giving her a confused look. She'd never really cried in front of him before and he was feeling bad.

"No it's just your my favorite person and nothing good ever lasts for me and I just want this to last really really long" she said tearing up

"It will Aubrey, don't cry" he said not really understanding what was wrong.

"You promise?"

"Yeah I promise, this good thing will last for you" he assured her before kissing her and wiping her tears with his thumbs.

"Sorry for this I know I look crazy, I just-"

"It's alright, I get it now" he cut her off and kissed her again.

"You wanna spend the night?" She asked.

"No, but you can come to my place" he said getting out of his bed.

"Okay"

"Oh, I have a favor to ask you"

"Anything" she said kissing him once more.

"I'm going to the dentist on Tuesday to get my wisdom tooth out, my mom is going to take me and drop me off here, I need you to watch me basically"

"I can do that" she said nodding

"Good cus I already told her you would" he said. He didn't want to be at his mom's house getting smothered.

"You don't want to be in a doctor's care?" Aubrey asked. She would rather be under the care of someone who went to school to make people feel better.

"I want to be in my own place, not being babied by her, and not being bothered by her children" he said

"Joi is not that bad"

"She is to me"

"Well maybe you should be more nice to her, I don't know" Aubrey said shrugging

"You wouldn't understand because you're an only child" he said

"Wish I wasn't sometimes" she stated

"Why?"

"The stuff I went and still go through would've been easier on me if I'd had a person I could talk to that was going through the same" she explained

"You can talk to me" He said

"I can, but you won't understand, I just want someone who can relate you know?"

He simply nodded. Their backgrounds were very different and he was just now realizing it. Aubrey rarely talked about her childhood and that was odd to him.

"I get it Bre, what are we eating?"

"I could make spaghetti"

"You want to cook?" He asked. He didn't think Aubrey could cook and didn't feel like eating anything nasty tonight.

"Yes, you don't want me to?"

"I mean-"

"Forget it we can just go to Panda Express" she said.

"No, you can make the spaghetti Aubrey"

"If it's nasty we'll order some pizza" she said

"Deal"
———————————————————————
"It's good Aubrey" he said. Aubrey had let him taste the sauce she made to go in the spaghetti before she mixed it with the noodles.

"Are you lying?" She asked

"No, it's good surprisingly, finish it" he said truthfully.

"Surprisingly?" She asked

"It's your first time and you don't cook so, yeah surprisingly" he said.

Once she had finished she made him a plate and handed it to him while he sat on his living room floor.

"Aubrey you didn't have to do this, I can make my own plate" he said looking up at her. He wasn't the type to make women wait on him, he didn't care for it.

"Well I wanted to" she said.

Aubrey wasn't the type for the traditional gender roles either but she wanted to do something nice for Josiah, he never acted as if he was entitled to that treatment and that made her want to do it for some reason.

"Thanks, where's your plate?" He asked

"I'm not really hungry right now"

"You haven't eaten anything today"

"I'm on a diet" she said.

Aubrey had noticed she put on a couple of pounds and she didn't really like the weight so she decided to diet a little.

"What kind of diet?" Josiah asked

"It doesn't matter, just eat your food" she tried to get him to drop the conversation but she knew he wouldn't.

"It does matter because you're starving yourself"

"I am not, I ate earlier today before my appointment" she said

"That was 12 hours ago Aubrey, you need to eat something"

"This is how I used to eat before we were together, I'll be okay" she said trying to convince him but he wasn't hearing it.

"Aubrey"

"Okay okay I'll eat something" she said getting up. The last thing she wanted was for Josiah to be mad at her, they were going good lately.

"What are you dieting for anyways?" He asked as she sat next to him.

"I'm gaining and it's noticeable now" she exaggerated. She wasn't big at all, she was slim but not as slim as she used to be and that's what she wanted to be.

"You look good to me" He was unaware to the amount of weight she gained he liked her body either way.

"Well of course you think that" she said

"If you're going to diet, do it the right way and just eat healthy instead of not eating at all" he knew she'd be self conscious no matter what he said so he decided to support her decision as long as it was healthy.

"Okay" she said
——————————————————————-
It was the day of Josiah's wisdom tooth removal and he was nervous, he knew he didn't do well with anesthesia. Whenever he woke up from it he'd say the most embarrassing things and he wasn't planning on doing that in front of Aubrey.

He convinced Aubrey to come to the dentist with him instead of their original plan, which was his mom dropping him off to her. Aubrey and his mother made small talk for the hour he was under.

"That's my girlfriend" Josiah slurred as Aubrey came in the room. They could only understand a little bit of what he was saying because of the gauze he had in his mouth to keep the bleeding under control.

Aubrey sat next to him while his mother spoke to the nurse. He rubbed her hand as he dozed off and woke back up several times.

"When can I have sex?" He asked

"3 days I suggest, no oral sex for a good 2 weeks though" she said

"So I can't eat Aubrey's p-" he slurred but Aubrey interrupted him.

"No, no you can't" she said awkwardly. Aubrey didn't want him to talk about sex in front of his mother. He couldn't really understand anything anyone was saying because his eyes kept closing.

Once they'd gotten in the car he'd fallen asleep again, Aubrey silently thanked god because she didn't want him blabbing about their sex life in front of his mom.

"Are you sure you'll be able to handle him Aubrey, I can take him if you need me to"

"I got it" she assured her. She knew the anesthesia would wear off soon and he wouldn't be that difficult to take care of.

"I'm so hungry" he slurred.

After getting the medicine he was prescribed they helped him get into his apartment and sat him on the couch.

"Call me if you need anything Aubrey" Melissa stated before leaving. Aubrey was determined to do things perfectly so she didn't have to call his mother.

She let him sleep off the anesthesia for a little before making him something to eat so he could take his pain meds.

"Josiah take the gauze out and eat this so you can take your medicine" she said handing him a bowl of soup. He nodded instead of trying to speak because he knew she wouldn't understand.

"Are you in any pain?" She asked. After he shook his head no she left him alone until it was time to give him the pills, she didn't want to smother him and she could just tell he was in a bad mood.

"Couch or bed? And what do you want to watch? This is the last time I'll bother you I know you're kind of annoyed with me right now."

*You're ok, bed* he signed before trying to get up. He wasn't as irritated as Aubrey thought he was and he was good with her taking care of him. Sign language had made the process easier being as the gauze made it hard for him to speak.

She cleaned his room the night before so he could have a clean environment to rest in. Once he got in the bed Aubrey tucked him in before he drifted off to sleep. She also applied some chapstick to his lips because they were so dry.
——————————————————————-
The next day he wasn't bleeding so he didn't have the gauzes in his mouth and he could speak properly.

"Was I bad yesterday?" He asked. His voice was gone a little due to his mouth being so dry yesterday.

"No, not really" she answered

"I didn't say anything crazy?" He asked

"You asked about sex a lot"

"Sorry if I embarrassed you" he knew Aubrey was very private when it came to sex.

"It's okay you were on drugs, your face is swollen" she said handing him an ice pack.

"Thanks for taking care of me"

"You'd do the same for me, Now eat this then you'll brush your teeth drink salt water and take your meds" she said putting a bowl of oatmeal on the table for him.

"Does this have sugar in it?" He asked

"Yes"

"You're not bad at this" he stated

"Bad at what?" He asked

"The whole caretaker thing, didn't seem like you'd be good at it"

"What is that supposed to mean?" She asked

"That I didn't you'd be this good at it"

"Then why'd you ask me to help you instead of going to your mom's house?"

"Let's just say this, I knew you'd be able to keep me alive, but you're really like a doctor, if that makes sense"

"I guess I understand"

"My mouth hurts so bad" he complained, his medications as wearing off and he didn't deal with pain well.

"You want more drugs?"

"Bre you didn't buy any drinks?" He asked looking in the fridge

"Drink some water" She said making him sigh, he wanted to drink something sweet all the things he had consumed had been tasteless.

"I can make you a milkshake" she suggested getting up to plug in the blender.

"I'll make it myself"

"Are you sure? I don't mind"

"Yeah I'm good Aubrey, I'll be making you one too" he said

"I can't I'm on a diet"

"You can take a cheat day, you look skinnier already"

"Thank you for lying to me" she said kissing his cheek.

"It's not a lie and that hurt"

"Oh, sorry"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

280K 7.9K 22
I suck at descriptions.
88 0 15
I'm no good at writing descriptions so read if you would like. Fictional Story
16 1 3
A boy who can't seem to remember the girl he loved? Or did he forgot? And the girl who keep on trying to get the boy to remember her.
568 3 10
A perleo story! I don't think I need to say more ;)