Numb

By CReigns

Newly divorced, Joe Anoa'i, is trying to adjust to his new life. With no wife, or kids around him 24/7, he's... More

~ Cast ~
Chapter 1️⃣
Chapter 2️⃣
Chapter 3️⃣
Chapter 4️⃣
Chapter 5️⃣
Chapter 6️⃣
Chapter 7️⃣
Chapter 8️⃣
Chapter 9️⃣
Chapter πŸ”Ÿ
Chapter 1️⃣1️⃣
Chapter 1️⃣2️⃣
Chapter 1️⃣3️⃣
Chapter 1️⃣4️⃣
Chapter 1️⃣5️⃣
Chapter 1️⃣7️⃣
Chapter 1️⃣8️⃣
Chapter 1️⃣9️⃣
Chapter 2️⃣0️⃣
Chapter 2️⃣1️⃣
Chapter 2️⃣2️⃣

Chapter 1️⃣6️⃣

1.3K 45 28
By CReigns

Ammika's POV

I was sitting outside on the front stairs, waiting for Joe. I just wanted to see him so bad. This hold he has on me is strong and I don't necessarily hate it, but it's an adjustment. I think about him a lot and when I'm not thinking about him, I'm thinking about thinking about him. I know it sounds crazy but, I believe I am really falling for him.

My family could potentially mess this up for me and that's why I just don't want this meeting to happen. I know Joe doesn't scare easily, but my family can be pretty persuasive with getting people to go away. I hope they like him, and I hope then I'll ask us how we met. That's gonna be kind of embarrassing to tell my family. Overall, I hope this goes well.

I text Joe to see how close he is, then I see a blue car coming up the driveway. I've never seen this car before a day in my life, so I don't know who this is. I instantly get suspicious and call my brother.

"TY!" I yell.

I watch as they drive closer, then I notice it's Joe. He pulls up, then gets out. A huge smile grows in my face, then when we lock eyes.

"What's up?" My bother says walking outside.

"Oh it's nothing. Joe's here." I say with a smile. He doesn't say anything, he just stands there.

Joe gets out of his car and instead of walking over to me, he just stands there and leans on the car.

"Hey." He smiles.

"Get your ass over here!" I say

"No you come here." He says, and as he says that I quickly made my way over to him. It was like he had control over me. He picks me up and I wrap my legs around him.

"Did you miss me?" He asks, looking into my eyes.

"I've missed you so much." He smiles and kisses me on the lips. After a few seconds, we hear my brother clearing his throat. He puts me down and I step back.

"Shut up, Ty." I say and he just walks away. "He's such an asshole. Anyway, new car?"

"Yeah, I needed a distraction. So I thought I'd try out McLaren."

I circle the car, looking at it.

"It's beautiful!" I say

"It's all right. It's not as beautiful as you though."

"I know." We both laugh.

"So this is your family home?" He says looking up at the house.

"Yeah."

"It's massive." He says

"I know. It's not big a deal. So are you ready for this?" I ask changing the subject.

"Yeah."

"You didn't wear black." I say

"I didn't. I control what I wear, not your father."

"But you chose that?" I ask

"Yep!" He says with a smile.

"Oh....okay. Well, I'll just tell him you forgot or something." I wave it off like it's nothing, but I'm really freaking out on the inside.

"No, you don't have to tell him that. I'll just tell him, he doesn't control my attire."

"Please don't. That'll start shit." I laugh but I'm so serious.

"I'm just joking with you Lobo. Tell them whatever floats your boat, if that makes you feel better."

"Are you ready?"

"No. I want to look at you for a little while longer. It's been too long since I've seen your beautiful face. Two whole days." He smiles

"You're so sweet." I just look up at him smiling. He smiles back as well but I can clearly see he's taking in every feature of my face.

"You're so beautiful." He says, then leans down and kisses me on the lips.

We were interrupted by the sound of a car pulling up behind us.

I turn around and see a black suburban.

I see a man get out of the drivers side and walks over to our side and opens the back door.

"Thank you so much! I'll only be a couple of hours. I'll text you when I'm ready to be picked up."

"That's my Aunt Meghan!" I whisper to Joe.

The driver closes her door and gets back in the truck and pulls off.

She turns around and sees us. "Oh. My. Goddess!" She jumps up and down excited. "Ammika!!"

"Hey!!" We run to each other and fall into each other's arms, hugging each other tight.

"I've missed you so much!!! My little Meek-meek." We pull apart from each other.

"I've missed you too. What the heck are you doing here?"

"Well you mom called and told me to get my ass down to Florida because we have a new family member. Did you, Tyler or Michael have a baby?"

"Hell no! I think that's my moms smart ass way of saying that I have a boyfriend." I can't fucking stand her.

"Oh. So why—."

"Aunt Meg, I'm sorry. You know how your sister is. I don't know why she told you that, I'm sorry."

"Oh, it's no big deal." She says rubbing my shoulders, smiling. "I just canceled some super important meetings, but I'll get over that." She eyes my necklace, then takes it off of me. "Not gonna be needing this."

"But—."

"So are you going to introduce me?" She asks, cutting me off.

"....Yeah." We turn to Joe. "Joe, this is my Aunt Meghan."

"Hello!" He holds his hand out for her to shake.

"I don't shake hands with family." She says, then pulls him into a hug.

Joe smiles and hugs her back.

"But I know you." My Aunt says

"Yeah, I'm a wrestler. I've also done a couple of movies."

"Okay, yeah. I knew I've seen you before. Okay, so before we get inside, let me give you a rundown. You are who you are so I only think it's right that you have the option to be involved with this family."

"That's true, but I kind of feel like I don't have a choice because I like your niece." He says

"Well, you do. Just listen to me. Ken is who he is legally and business wise, but behind the scenes, it's a totally different story. She didn't tell you?" She asks him.

"I couldn't tell him anything because he sent Ty and Michael to come get me. I haven't really had the time to. Then I definitely couldn't say anything was I was here but I was just trying to find the right time to tell him."

"And right before a family dinner in his honor was the right time?"

"No...." I answer

She smacks her teeth and rolls her eyes, "Listen, I'm going to make this quick. Ken has a huge, illegal, side business going on which involves drugs, and everything that goes along with it. You have the option if you want to be a part of this or that. Today, he is going to tell you about this business and basically try to scare you off, because he doesn't want anyone dating his daughter. So if you really like my niece, you have to decide if you want to be around this type of thing. With you being who you are, I know your answer is no. I understand that."

"Wow, so I just rip the Band-Aid off huh." Joe kinda laughs.

"Yes. Ammika doesn't have anything to do with the business, neither do I. She was literally born into this and didn't have a choice. I keep my distance. I only come around when my sister calls, I have been doing my own thing."

"Your mom?" Joe asks

"No, She just likes to spend money." I say

"He's not going to asked me to sell drugs is he?" Joe asks with a serious face and we both laugh.

"No, this dinner is solely to scare you off." She says

"But I'm not going anywhere."

"Then let him know that. He isn't going to like it but let him know." She says

"Can I talk to her for a second?" Joe asks my aunt.

"Sure. I know this is a lot to take in but try to process your feelings rather quickly because this is a very timely family and it's getting close to dinner time."

"Okay."

"I'll see you two inside." She says then walks away.

"Joe—I know this is a lot but—."

"Shut up for a second." He says and I do that. "Is this what you want?"

"What do you mean?" I ask

"You want me to meet your family?"

"I didn't at first, but now I do. Might as well get it over with."

"Why?"

"Because I guess we're dating."

"But is this a thing?" He asks

I smile, "Yes, it's a thing."

"Okay, so I'm not with this. I'll deal with it because it's your family but I can't have anything to do with this. I want to make that clear, and I'm going to make that clear." He says

"Okay."

"Now, my next question, do you want to be involved in this?"

"No, I just fell into it because it's my family. I don't sell drugs, I don't make deliveries, I don't help them out. I don't do anything when it comes to this."

"So what if they tell you you can't see me anymore?"

"That's not an option." I say

"Okay, but what if it is for them. What are you going to do?"

"Tell them no."

He laughs a little, "I don't see that happening."

"Let's just see how everything goes. My father clearly likes you. I just don't see him trying to scare you away."

"You never know. I just want you to be happy and I however you want me to handle this, I will do that. I don't wanna be disrespectful to your family in anyway. If you're rocking with me how do you say you are, if shit goes left I want you to know however you wanna handle this we can. I got your back and I'll go with whatever you want."

"Okay." I kiss him on the lips. "I'm still scared, but I feel a little better hearing you say that."

"I know the connection we have and I don't want to throw that away. I definitely want to explore it and this is just a hump we'll over." He says

"Come on, let's just see how everything goes." I take his hand and we go inside.

When we get inside, we walk through the foyer and into the dining room.

Everyone was sitting at the table and stopped talking when we entered. It was awkward.

"So this is Joe." I say to everyone, breaking the awkwardness. My grip tightened around his hand and he tightened his acknowledging me.

Joe just stands there and smiles, waiting for someone to say something.

".....and this is everybody." I say to Joe.

My father stands up and walks over to us, never taking his eyes off of Joe.

"Hello, Joseph." My dad say extending his hand to Joe.

"I go by Joe so please, call me Joe." He says then shakes my dads hand.

My dad looks at him, let's go of Joe's hand and smiles. "Take a walk with me Joe."

"Okay." Joe says, And tries to let go of my hand but I hold on to him.

"Um..no." I say

"What?" My dad says

"You don't have to go." I say to Joe.

"Yes he does." My dad says

"Why do you have to be like this? Leave him alone." I say to my dad.

"What am I doing? I simply want some one on one time with him." My dad says with a straight face.

"Baby, it's okay." Joe says, taking my hand away from him. "It's all good. We'll be right back."

"Let them go Ammika." Ty says

I wasn't comfortable with letting my dad and Joe go off and be by themselves. How can I handle the situation when Joe was away from me?

"I'm okay. Go sit down babe. Have a drink." He takes my hand and walks me over to an empty seat. He pulls out my chair and I sit down.

"Yeah, have a drink." Ty says, smiling.

I just shoot him a mean look. "Whatever."

Joe kisses me on the forehead and walks off with my dad.

"I can't believe you guys are just gonna sit here and let this happen. Really Aunt Meghan?" I say, frustrated with everyone.

"Mika, just see what happens first. You don't know what he's talking to him about, and neither do we. If your dad is on some bullshit, I'm sure Joe can handle himself."

"Yeah, relax. Joe is so big.... and strong." My ain't Lisa says, smiling and sipping her drink. "Does he have a brother? Or is his father single?"

"Ain't Lisa, stop. Ever since you've seen Joe you've been talking about him like he's a piece of meat. That's my boyfriend."

"What? He's fine as hell. You did good!" She says

"Ammika, chill out and have a drink." My mom says

I slam my hands on the table, "I DON'T WANT A DAMN DRINK." I yell, "I don't want dad to chase him away. I feel like this isn't going to end well."

Everyone just looks at me.

What did you think about this chapter??

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

181K 5.2K 53
Book 1/4 in the "The Heart" series: WWE Superstar Joe Anoa'i AKA Roman Reigns is known as "The Powerhouse" in the ring. However, when things start to...
1.6K 82 7
In the heart of Los Angeles, amidst the neon glow of the city's bustling streets, Roman "Joe Anoa'i" Reigns found himself grappling with a pain he ha...
19.3K 891 29
"Our reputation is on the line now, we need to watch eachother's backs." Rayna has been gone years from the WWE. As the 2024 Royal Rumble opens, a su...