[KH/FF] Treachery of Fate: Im...

By Panda-Gom

It has been almost half a year since [Name] [Surname] fulfilled the Silver Dragon legend. When Oblivion relea... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55

Chapter 10

2.5K 45 10
By Panda-Gom

The auditorium was a large brick building with three sets of dark gray doors, and spotless silver handles with a flight of stairs that led to it—the same silver used for the railing. As you entered, you found that the interior was even more massive, the circular white lights on the celling, which were white paneled, being dimmed, the main ones focused on the empty black floored stage where an ebony curtain covered the background. The seats themselves were light gray, dark in the dimmed light, with wooden armrests. They descended as the two flights of stairs from the entrance did, three sections divided by them. At the end of the stairs, the seats were still organized in the same fashion only on flat ground—the entire room carpeted by a tan floor. The walls went brick built halfway, the other half white tiled in perfect squares.

In the end seat beside the wall in the final row before the flat ground, you sat with Kai to your left. Following him was Zell, Zidane, and Bartz, whereas behind you, was Yuna, Penelo, Namine and Yuffie. Chiyoko snagged the seat beside Masayoshi’s standing, Stella with her, Vergil in front of the two beside Bartz.

“What’s this for anyway?” Zidane questioned, leaning back in his seat as more students filed in, led by their teachers.

“I think it’s for the afterschool activities and the winter sports season,” Yuna answered. “Tidus, Shuyin, and Noel have been raving on about it for quite a while now.”

“Are you guys gonna try out for anything?” Penelo spoke. The group shook their heads except for a few—you included. “What would those be?”

“I’m going for the softball team,” Yuffie chirped.

“Football,” Zell grinned.

“I’m gonna see what there is to choose from first,” Bartz shrugged. “There’s no rush.”

“Fencing,” Vergil crossed his arms, leaning back.

“Blitzball.”

“Wait, what!?” Zell turned to you with wide eyes. “Really!?”

“What’s the problem?” Bartz cocked an eyebrow. “Amaya could kick some serious butt at the tryouts if she’s up for it.”

“Alright Ami!” Yuffie high fived you. “Way to rep the girls!”

“It’s BECAUSE she’s a girl!” Zell groaned. “[Name]’s the only one who ever made—and attempted to—try out! She even beat out Riku!”

“Jecht has high expectations, but that doesn’t mean Amaya won’t make it,” Zidane frowned. “I’ll be there to make sure she kicks butt!”

“Kick butt at what?” Chiyoko leaned forward.

“We’re just talking about the winter sport tryouts, and how Amaya’s gonna blitz her way into the team!” Bartz cheered.

“You blitz?” the pink haired girl scoffed blue eyes shifting towards you. “I don’t think it’s possible if you can’t even catch a piece of pizza. You know I’M the only girl who ever—”

“Made it? Yeah, I heard, and I plan on matching—excuse me—BEATING the low standards you set,” you answered confidently.

“Psh,” the girl snorted. “I’d like to see that happen—too bad it won’t.”

“What are you trying out for then, huh [Name]?” Penelo turned to her, hands on her hips.

“Well, I’m going for the dance crew or cheerleading,” she shrugged. “Maybe even drama—I haven’t made up my mind.”

“You should go for fencing with me and Yunalesca,” Stella smiled. “I bet you can get in easy.”

“It’s dance troop actually,” Namine corrected quietly. “They don’t start again until next semester and drama is a class…”

“Doesn’t Wasurete blitz?” Masayoshi asked, catching onto the conversation.

Chiyoko nodded slowly,” He used to. Why?”

“It just seems like such a waste if you don’t bother to try out,” he shrugged.

Once all the students were situated, the lights were turned off, the ones facing the stage brightened as you noticed Xemnas’ figure walking onto it in a suit matching his hair, towards a wooden podium. Everyone was quiet as his eyes scanned the room, the small smirk on his face becoming what should have been welcoming, but ended up as a creepy, smile.

“Ladies and gentlemen, I have brought you out of class to present to your attention the winter sports tryouts here at T.T.A. You must have at least a 2.0 GPA and the permission of your guardian in the forms you were given during the beginning of the school year. Tryouts will be held here on campus Saturday unless otherwise and the introductions for them will begin at 12:00. Sports are: football, softball, fencing, blitzball, table tennis, cheerleading and track and field—all other sports are completely off season until spring as announced by the school district. These winter teams however, will carry on to spring on the accord of the coaches who will decide to keep them, or to have another round of tryouts. Now, allow me to introduce Deusericus Lazard of Shinra Power and Electric.”

The blonde appeared from the front row as the students applauded, taking the podium with a warm smile. “Good afternoon everyone, I have a quick announcement concerning those of you who are looking for a job or extra credits. The Shinra Company is recruiting people interested in positioning to be a SOLDIER or Turk as well as SeeD whose establishment is working on a project with Shinra. We will have a trial for those interested next Saturday with introductory statements at 8:00AM sharp where all requirements and guidelines will be introduced to you there at our main office in the western end of Twilight Town. Thank you, and please welcome Laguna Loire.”

Again, the students applauded, the ravenette man also coming from the first row—a bright grin on his face. “Alright everyone! I’m having auditions for the T.T.A holiday performance at three thirty after school on Friday and will run around til about four thirty or less! The songs you have to audition in will be posted on the school’s website. If you don’t want to use those songs, pick your own and preform! That’s it, thank you!” Laguna waved, shuffling back towards his seat as Xemnas retook the podium.

“Now, the final announcement for today will be that tomorrow and Thursday is the next afterschool extra credit mission—applying to those of you who are required to go. You will be heading off to the world of Fortuna where demons are erupting from Fortuna Castle, preventing the high priest from—”

“The high priest’s a phony!” Dante’s voice called out on the other side of the room.

“I agree for once,” Vergil muttered to himself.

“Yeah, a big fat phony!” Nero added.

“Mr. Sparda, refrain yourself from outbursts and show some respect please,” Xemnas glared at the two. “As I was saying, you are to help their armed forces—the Order of the Sword—in eliminating these fiends to protect the people. The uniforms for those of you who registered in the beginning of the week should have already reached your households by now. You are hereby released from school the rest of the day—thank you.”

Exiting the school with the twins, you were excited to go shopping—that, and you were happy getting out early. You went to drop off your things at home first, where there was a package lying for you from school. Inside, just as Xemnas said, there was the uniform for the mission tomorrow. Deciding to take a better look at it later, you walked the box to your room, joining the boys back downstairs—Kei now in a black shirt and jeans whereas Kai, just like you, didn’t bother changing out of uniform at all.

On the way to the store, you were informed by Kei that the reason for Dante calling the high priest a phony was because of his uncanny love for demons. When finding out about the Sparda boys’ existence of a human-demon hybrid, the old man’s joy in praising them led to him eventually praising Sparda who he claims was a demon. What enraged the three even further was that the information was given to him by Agnus who used to work for the Order of the Sword before transferring over to Shinra—where his mako experiments were the cause of the Midgar reactor explosion—and eventually the syndicate where he was killed by Dante.

You reached the store within thirty minutes of walking, the sun peeking through the clouds more than it did in the morning. It was called MoogMart or MM for short—the cashiers wearing dark pink aprons over uniformed tan shirts and their choice of different styled black pants. The store itself was white tiled and walled with purple designs on them, differing depending on what section of the store you were in.

The first place you went towards was fruit and vegetables, then canned and dried foods such as ramen packets, soup, and so on. Kei took the cart as he looked for spices—mostly because you were riding on the stand as you pushed it, almost knocking over a display of ravioli cans—which left you with Kai to get rice, bread and oil. Meeting up with him in the next aisle, you got butter, eggs, and cheese, splitting again when seeing that you came to meat and fish department where after a long debate, everyone got a few packs of their choice.

Then there was the cereal, chips and bread aisle along with coffee and mixes for cake, brownies and cookies. Kai was the first to shoot of into the aisle, within seconds coming back with coffee, sugar and mixes. As Kei contemplated which he should put back when his brother wasn’t looking, you chose the cereal you wanted, getting two boxes of it along with your choice of a large bag of chips. Kai did the same, only his was your least favorite.

“I want [least favorite cereal],” Kai grinned, about to put them in the cart when you stopped him.

“But [least favorite cereal] is gross! We should get [favorite cereal]!”

“Let [Name] get what she wants,” Kei said, not paying attention as he took his own box of cereal and a pack of cookies.

“B-But—what!?” the ravenette twin frowned. “We always get [least favorite cereal]!”

“Then get only ONE box of it—”

“And let her get TWO!? That’s not fair!”

“You don’t even care what you eat as long as it’s food,” Kei shook his head, rolling his eyes. “What does it matter?”

“Yeah Kai-seok, what does it matter,” you stuck your tongue out, placing your choice into the cart.

“Hey! You saw that didn’t you?” Kai pointed at you, jaw dropping open when seeing his brother was chuckling. “And you APPROVE of this behavior?”

“Can we get some chocolate?” you asked, standing on the front of the cart, riding as Kei pushed it. “And some ice cream, and yogurt?”

“Not if I can help it you’re not!” Kai called, running off into a far aisle.

Finally, it was time to pay. The total came out to be $347.56gil, Kei sighing as he pulled out a card and slid it—you and Kai off at one of the claw machines in front, trying to win a Pikachu stuffed animal, failing in the end. You exited the store riding on the cart as Kai pushed it this time, stopping in the parking lot when you heard your name being called.

“Hey Amaya!” Rika grinned, huffing as she approached with Natsu in tow. “Watcha guys up to?”

“Just went shopping,” you answered with a smile.

“Oh, well I’m glad I found you guys!” she handed you a white envelope. “Natsu’s birthday is tomorrow, but we’re gonna celebrate it on Friday the 30th at Prompto’s place because…well I don’t know but yeah! I sent you two the invites on Mooglet,” she pointed at the brothers behind you.

“It’s your birthday!?” you mentally slapped yourself for forgetting. “Happy birthday!”

“Actually, it’s 8 hours and—”

Rika punched him, giving the teen a glare,” Take the gesture or I swear Nam—”

“SO!” Natsu grinned, shooting the redhead back a glare from the side. “Do you guys need a ride?”

Kei shook his head,” Thanks but we—”

“Sure!” you and Kai answered at once, the teen sighing in defeat.

“Great! Kuro-sama went to get some cookies, so just wait a few minutes! The car’s over here.”

You remembered the sleek black Corvette ZO6 in Hollow Bastion. Apparently, Fai’s wanting of the car was so great he bought two—that, and a truck as well. Loading everything into the trunk, you waited for Kurogane who indifferently agreed to giving you a ride home. Since there weren’t enough seats though, it was either you or Rika to sit in one of the twins’ laps; and seeing that she was set on making sure everyone got an invite for Natsu’s birthday online or by the envelope, you volunteered to being the one, sitting on Kei’s who securely wrapped his arms around you.

Once at home, you thanked Kurogane after everything was unloaded and put away in their respective places, he leaving with the two teens once again. The doorbell rang not too long of a while later, and since you were coming downstairs from changing into a black shirt and gray sweats, you made way to answer it, finding that Kei was on the phone, Kai in his room.

Reks was huffing, hunched over on his knees. You looked at him worriedly, and offered him to come inside, which he refused with a slight smile. He regained his breath after sitting on the front steps for a few minutes, Kei coming out the same time with his jacket slung over his shoulder and in a new change of clothes.

“Reks…what’s up?” Kei asked, stopping.

“Noa gave me directions to your guys’ house, and since I don’t have your number, I ran here,” he answered with a slight smile. “I came over to tell Amaya there’s a position open at Café Alps—one for a guy, the other a girl—you know, since you’re looking for a job and all.”

“Reks that’s great news!” you grinned, hugging him from the side. “Thank you!”

“Y-Yeah,” the pale haired teen nodded sheepishly. “But you should get there now, word travels fast.”

“I’m on my way to work—that’s what the phone call was about actually,” Kei chuckled. “If you two want to come with then let’s go together.”

Accepting his offer, you both nodded, walking to the café with the teen. He told you that if you did get the job, you would have to wear an orange apron over the uniform. For men, it was a white collared button up and black bowtie, khaki skinny jeans that were slightly baggy at the bottom, and black and white converse—just as he currently wore. For women, it was the same shirt, but with a khaki plated skirt and black boots.

You entered Café Alps which was busy at the moment within a short while. Kei went in the back to put away his jacket, coming out with the orange apron he talked about. Ven was placing things inside the display case, Rika at the cash register, and Zack as waiter, grinning as he was able to talk a table of girls into ordering another slice of cake. They greeted you and Reks, telling you that the interviews were in the back office. There you went, where a line of five people were at the door.

When it came around to your turn, your nerves got the better of you, and you let Reks go first—the pale haired teen reassuring you that you’d get the job before going in. He came out five minutes later, a white box in hand with a grin on his face. Telling you he was going to head home, he wished you luck and left. With a deep breath, you entered the small office, sitting before the desk where you immediately recognized the auburn haired female that sat on the other side, readying a new employee application.

“Vanille?”

“Hm?” she looked up from writing the date, lips turning up into a smile. “Amaya! It’s good to see you again!”

“You too!” you smiled. “I didn’t know you owned Café Alps!”

“I opened it in joint ownership with Fang and Serah. So you’re looking for a job? No interview needed! Just take the uniform that fits you and go on your way!”

“W-What? Really?” you looked at her, jaw dropped, eyes wide. “Are you sure? What about everyone else who applied?”

“Honestly Amaya, the girls I’ve had coming in are here only to work with either Zack or Kei—I can see it,” she sighed. “I don’t know you so well, but I can tell you’ll be a great worker! Besides, it’s better I hire someone I know rather than a stranger.”

“Thank you so much!” you gushed. “When do I start?”

“Hm…Sunday from three to six thirty. That’s not much, but since you’ll be getting familiar with everything, it’s a good start until I get everyone’s schedule finalized.”

“Great! Thanks again!” you stood to look through the uniform racks as she answered her ringing phone.

Taking the clothes that fit you, you thanked Vanille one more time before exiting. Then, deciding to wait until Kei was done with his shift, you sat at one of the café’s tables and observed what to do. Eventually, Rika brought you to the back and you helped her in making a few brownies, also serving when there was a random influx of customers.  You left to go home at seven, Kei holding the box where your uniform was as you walked.

Back at home, you were too tired to eat, and decided on going to sleep straight, feeling dizzy for the most part. In your room, you put your uniform away—both for work and the missions—and left your phone in the charger. Then, as you were to lay down, you noticed a figure land on your balcony, and instinctively, you jumped out of bed, pressing yourself against the shadows of your room. The figure stood tall, and twirled a sword in its hands, seeming to be catching its breath.  As you inched closer, you made sure to keep to the shadows, tensing when you were at the door of the balcony, and slowly slid it open.

The small squeak it made upon opening made the trespasser whirl around, but at the same time, you fully pushed it open and pounced. They lost their footing, and as a result, fell backwards off the railing and down onto the grassy yard. You fell on top of them, but because of the sudden direction change from up to down and up again, your head couldn’t handle it, and the dizziness overcame you, making the entire world go dark.

--------------------------------------------

Zoom: The MogMart Cashier

The brunette cashier you went to had been eyeing Kei, you and Kai nonexistent as you snooped by while the bagger placed the items into a paper bag then into the cart—leaving within seconds when finding that the cashier closed her line. As the ravenette waited for the transaction to go through, he eyed the flowers behind the cashier, contemplating if he should buy those too—after all they were only blooming during winter.

“So,” the brunette smiled warmly, trying to make conversation,” how has your day been?”

“Good Lisa, you?”

“H-How did you know my name?” her eyes widened in surprise.

“It’s on your nametag,” he cocked an eyebrow.

“O-Oh! I…um…yeah,” she looked down, cheeks pink in embarrassment. “What’s your n-name?”

“Kei.”

“That’s such a cute name!” she giggled, handing him his receipt. “So then, Kei, do you have any plans this weekend? There’s a new movie playing at the theatre—a romantic comedy. If we comedically met say around—”

“Sorry,” Kei exposed the chain he wore hidden beneath his shirt, a golden ring hanging from it,” I’m a married man.” Then, flashing her a dazzling smile, he placed the chain back and left, leaving her heart beating rapidly, as she stood awestruck. Sighing, the teen shook his head as he approached you and Kai muttering to himself,” Comedically isn’t even a real word.”

Zoom: Trespasser

The figure landed on his back with a thud, eyes shutting in pain as he refused to let the groan of pain escape his lips. Having you landing on top of him didn’t help either, and as he opened his eyes to see who it was, they widened, then narrowed in annoyance as he called back his weapon in irritation.

“This stupid girl, I swear!” he muttered, picking you up in his arms. Readying himself, he jumped, landing on the railing, then stepped off lightly, placing you back in bed. A sigh escaped his lips as he cursed, closing the sliding door and knowing very well he lost.

--------------------------------------------

Author’s Note: That’s the auditorium! Also, the B.O.C Poll has been updated with new choices—vote to keep them! And just another note, in this story, 1 gil equals 1 U.S. Dollar. Thanks for reading :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

127 0 11
Sky, a very energetic, kind, brave girl who came from a different dimension. Suddenly, her whole world was destroyed and was sent to a different dime...
15.2K 768 51
"Who's out there?" One of the men yelled. Of course only silence met them. I remained quiet and waited for the group to start moving again. "Maybe i...
196K 15.2K 51
{COMPLETED} The stars disappeared seventeen years ago. A black night sky has mirrored a bleak existence for the people of Auros. The Gifted, humans w...
2.6K 169 8
#. twst + kh x reader! → whenever visiting a new world, you're never supposed to mention the ones that came before it. they must never know of one a...