run boy run ✦ once upon a time

By head_lost_girl

[COMPLETED] welcome to neverland, where imagination runs wild. riley lives on neverland. head of the lost gi... More

chapter 1 ✦ abandoned and broken
chapter 2 ✦ felix
chapter 3 ✦ an ex-fairy
chapter 4 ✦ the prophecy
chapter 5 ✦ heroes and villains
chapter 6 ✦ peak of hope
chapter 7 ✦ dark and deadly
chapter 8 ✦ escaping death
chapter 9 ✦ ambushed
chapter 10 ✦ company
chapter 11 ✦ rescued
chapter 12 ✦ the plan
chapter 13 ✦ papa?
chapter 14 ✦ back again
chapter 15 ✦ hauntings
chapter 16 ✦ warnings
chapter 17 ✦ kidnapped or rescued?
chapter 18 ✦ taken back
chapter 19 ✦ run, run away
chapter 20 ✦ weak
chapter 21 ✦ lies
chapter 22 ✦ blinding love
chapter 23 ✦ let's save henry
chapter 25 ✦ pandora's box
chapter 26 ✦ storybrooke
chapter 27 ✦ switched
chapter 28 ✦ pan's curse
update on sequel
trailer :)
rewritten

chapter 24 ✦ trust

7.8K 248 60
By head_lost_girl

We landed by a little field and Peter put me down. I threw my hand back and slapped him across the face. He looked shocked and his hand slowly brushed on his cheek. I turned around and walked away. Peter grabbed hold of my wrist, spinning me around.

"Look, I didn't mean it." He softly said. I ripped my wrist free, crossing my arms. "It was all an act."

"You're an asshole!" I snapped. I looked at my feet, angrily. "How am I supposed to know anyway?! This could be a trick! You obviously wanted to prove a point to everyone! The almighty Peter Pan finally is immortal." I yelled out at him. He just stood there, taking my rant. "You know what? This wasn't part of my plan. Not even the slightest." I finished, huffing out. I brought my hands to my face, pressing my palms to my forehead. "Peter Pan, you are a selfish and arrogant coward." HIs face fell and I saw him swallow hard. I shook my head and got out the vile of Pixie Dust but, to only be forced back again by Peter. He grabbed the bottle and pulled me close to his chest and pressed his lips to mine, kissing me. The kiss was harsh but, passionate. My mind went off like an alarm and his lips didn't become warm. They were grim and slimy. I pushed him back, disconnecting our mouths.

"I know you can't forgive me right now but, it was all a performance to win Henry over. You take the darkness away from me, babe. I've been in love with you way before we connected like this. I've just been too fucking stupid to realize it." He exclaimed. He looked serious and I wasn't sure if I should believe him. A bunch of emotions ran in and out of his eyes. I looked down and saw something glowing in his hand. He followed my gaze and his eyes widened at the vile that was lighting up in his hand. It's belief. He smiled up at me with a little grin. "Do you believe me now?" I stared at him with my eyes going back and forth from his face and his hand with the bottle. I walked towards him and gently grabbed the bottle and it immediately stopped glowing when he left his hand. I put it back and it glowed again.

"I-i don't know." I stuttered. Suddenly, hollers when heard in the jungle. I started to run again, fast enough so that Peter wouldn't try and make me stay. I saw Emma, Regina and Mary Margaret surrounding a rock and there on that rock was Pandora's box. I ran out of the brush and hugged Emma. She jumped back in surprise and saw that it was me.

"Riley! Where were you?!" Mary Margaret exclaimed.

"Pan, he kidnapped me and tried to make me join his side." I rushed through the sentence, letting go of Emma. My eyes lingered to Pandora's box. "Is that it?"

"Yes, it was here when we arrived," Regina spoke up, circling it. Mary Margaret stepped forward, reaching for it.

"Wait!" Emma yelled. Mary Margaret looked at Emma, confused. "Pan wouldn't leave it there in plain site."

"If it means David getting home then, I'm takin-" She was off by a whipping sound. My eyes widened when a vine reached out and wrapped around her body and pulled her back to the tree when they came from.

"Mary Margaret!" Emma shouted and then, the vines took her too along with Regina. Emma's cutlass fell from her grip and landed on the ground. I felt something wrap around me and I was forcibly pulled back to the tree. The vines tightened around our bodies and secured us. I tried to pull them off but it was no use.

"Are you still at it?" Peter's voice echoed. He stepped out of the tree line and scooped up Pandora's box in his fingers. "Don't you know?" He bent down and picked up the cutlass, smirking. "Peter Pan never fails." He walked towards us with a glare. "I have to be honest, I didn't think you'd find me. I shouldn't be surprised, though. You're mothers, tenacious about your off-spring." He chuckled, sickly. "I'll have to tell you if you're willing to see Henry again, there's only one place you'll be reunited with him. In death." I saw Regina glare at him from the corner of my eye. I tried moving again along with the others who were grunting as they struggled against the vines but they only tightened even more when we moved more. "Having trouble moving? Not surprised given where you are. You see what's hastening your demise is your regret."

"What are you talking about?" Emma spoke up. Her eyebrows pushed together in confusion.

"This tree is the site of a very important event for me," He whispered, looking up the tree. His eyes snapped towards us again and he tensed up. "I abandoned my boy here." What the hell?

"You have a son?" Regina said, shocked.

"I'm older than I look." He snarled.

"If you have a child, you must regret leaving him too." Emma pointed out.

"But, I don't!" Pan laughed. He lifted Pandora's Box, examining it. "You see, I have him all boxed up so, I don't lose him again."

"Rumpelstiltskin is your son?" Regina gasped.

"That he is." He raised the box and shook it a little.

"That's impossible you-"

"Younger than him." Peter cut Mary Margaret off, finishing her sentence. "Not really." He pointed to Emma. "Just like you and your daughter."

"You're a fraud." Regina hissed. Peter turned to Regina, walking up to her. "Your magic has weakened. You can't even hurt us. Let alone Rumpel-"

"You're right but that's why I'm here. This tree will protect me until my powers are restored and then," He paused, laughing. "I'll get to have some real fun and I'll never have to worry about my child again. Something else we'll soon have in common." I struggled again and I groaned when the vines tightened again.

"There has to be another way," Emma suggested.

"You're not going to get to me. This tree attacks the regret inside anyone who comes here and you," He turned to Emma, pointing the cutlass at her. "Have plenty."

"I regret not taking a better shot at you when I had the chance." Emma threatened.

"Emma..." I warned, quietly. She looked at me until Peter spoke up, snapping her head towards him.

"That's not all is it, Savior." He stepped towards her until their faces were inches away. "No," He whispered. "I have your son's heart inside me. I can feel just how much you let him down, time and time again." Emma's expression softened into a sad one.

"Leave her alone," Mary Margaret hissed. Peter's head snapped to her and he smirked.

"Perhaps, I should. After all, what chance did she have of being a good mother?" He teased with a big grin on his face. "Look at the example you set! Abandoning her for 28 years."

"Are you finished?" Regina rolled her eyes.

"Last words from the Queen," He exclaimed, walking over to her. "How about a death bed confession from the one with the most regret of them all."

"Yeah, there's one problem with that." Regina started. She had a stern expression and gave him a glare. "I did cast a curse that devastated an entire population. I've tortured and murdered. I've done some terrible things. I should be overflowing with regret but," She shook her head with disappointment and then, her face turned into a smile. "I'm not." Suddenly, the vines fell from our bodies and Regina stepped forward with her hand glowing with magic. "Cause it got me, my son." She plunged her hand into Peter's chest and he gasped, his eyes closing and he winced as she pulled her son's heart out of his chest. He dropped to the ground and Regina smiled down at him. She turned around and smirked at us.

"Now, let's go and save Henry," She suggested. Emma bent down and picked up her cutlass. Mary Margaret grabbed her hand and ran off with Regina, trying to go and save their son. I stared down at Peter who was on the ground and struggling to breath. His eyes fluttered and I slowly sat down next to him. I picked up his head and placed it in my lap, looking down at him as he slipped in and out of consciousness.

"Oh, Peter. What have you done?" I whispered, hoping he'd hear me. A tear fell down my face, sliding on my skin. I felt a hand on my face and I saw Peter's hand on my cheek. I placed mine on top of his, holding it to my face.

"Riley..." He croaked. I nodded, quickly.

"It's okay. I'm here. I'm sorry." I cried. He took his thumb and ran his it on my tears, wiping them away.

"I'm fine, love. I need you to do something, okay?" He started and I nodded in agreement. "I want you to go with Emma. I have a plan. I will rescue you, babe." He promised and I shook my head. "You have to."

"I don't want to leave you!" I protested.

"I'm coming for you. I promise." He insisted. I stayed silent for a second. "I love you."

"I love you too." I smiled a little bit. I leaned down and kissed his lips. He smiled into the kiss and cupped my face in his hand. He pulled away and tried to sit up. I helped him to his feet and hugged him, tightly. "Be safe." I let go and walked away. He was still holding to my wrist until I gently slipped from his grip, hoping to see him soon. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 27K 64
[Book 1 in the Pan's Game trilogy] * Alice has been having nightmares about a certain brown-haired demon for the past few months. She thinks it's...
33.1K 1K 18
third book ✦ run boy run [COMPLETED] storybrooke is frozen over. so will riley and peter's love be frozen too? find out and read the 3rd installment...
12.7K 303 21
fifth book ✦ run boy run [COMPLETED] "If we're going to defeat them, we're going to do it together!" a new problem has come to storybrooke. the evil...
11.3K 521 12
𝙸 𝚔𝚗𝚎𝚠. 𝙸 𝚔𝚗𝚎𝚠 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚋𝚘𝚛𝚗, 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝙸'𝚍 𝚗𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚞𝚙 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚡𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜 𝚝�...