chapter 17 ✦ kidnapped or rescued?

I sat on a log that was near the fire. The sound of Peter's flute rang in my ears as he sat in the middle of the group on another log. The Lost Boys hollered like animals as they danced around the fire. I glanced over at Henry who was sitting on the opposite side of camp with his back turned to the fire. I gave him a worried face and started to stare down at my feet. Suddenly, a huge wind came through camp and all of the boys including Henry fell to the ground. The torches blew out with only the moon providing light. I was confused and looked in all directions. I turned back to Peter and he smirked.

"We have a guest!" He announced in a darker and amused voice, it booming throughout camp. "No doubt someone who knows how much I like guessing games." He stood up from the log and walked around camp. "Who could it be? I guess..." Peter waved a hand upward, relighting the fire. The flames illuminated off of the person's face and revealed it's true identity. Rumpelstiltskin. "The Dark One." Peter hissed, glaring at him. I slowly got up and started to hide away, behind one of the tents. "Come to save Henry have you, laddie? How exciting! The Dark One ready to sacrifice his life for his family!" He exclaimed with excitement. "Speaking of family..." He pumped his fingers out, lighting up a torch that was on the border of camp. "You can come out now, Baelfire." Neal hurried out with a loaded crossbow in his arms.

"Name's Neal now." Baelfire or Neal now snapped.

"New name but, the same old tricks," Peter smirked at Neal. "It's heartwarming seeing Father and Son working together. Especially after you abandoned him, Rumple." Rumpelstiltskin glared at Peter. Peter chuckled, evilly. "This is a real family reunion."

"What are you waiting for?" Rumple mumbled with determination.

"I got this," Neal whispered back. Neal pulled the trigger on the crossbow towards Peter. Peter instantly caught it in his hand, gripping it by the end. He stumbled back and Neal smiled. My eyebrows cringed in confusion.

"Clever," Peter breathed out, staring down at the arrow. "But, we've been through this before Baelfire. Have you remembered nothing?"

"Oh, I remember plenty." Neal smiled. Peter threw the arrow on the ground, gritting his teeth together. "That's why I didn't code the tip." A light shined on Peter's hand and his eyes widened. A purple forced started to cover his body.

"Oh, Peter, " I mumbled to myself, covering my mouth. Peter's eyes darted at me. I nodded to him that I was going to be okay.

"Grab Henry." Neal commanded and ran over to Henry's unconscious body. Neal picked Henry up and threw him over his shoulder.

"Well, how about that? I'm impressed." Peter laughed. "Are you sure you're really saving him, Bae?"

"What could be worse than leaving him here with you?" Neal snapped, facing Peter.

"Why don't you ask your father?" Peter barked. Neal glanced over at Rumple and then back at Peter. "Sometimes the people we fear the most are the ones closest to us."

"What's he talking about?" Neal asked Rumple.

"Don't listen to him." Rumple denied.

"You mean you haven't him?" Peter spoke with amusement in his voice.

"Told me what?" Neal questioned again.

"Why, about the prophecy, of course." Peter chuckled.

"What prophecy? What's he mean?" Neal exclaimed in frustration.

"The prophecy saying that you've been tricked." Peter boomed. Rumple's face went soft and Neal narrowed his eyes at Peter. "Your father isn't here to rescue your son, he's here to murder him." Neal's face hardened and he turned away from Peter, walking away.

"There you are." I heard a voice behind me. I felt myself being picked up in the air and I looked back at Rumple. I was floating.

"Let me down!" I yelled.

"Papa-" Rumple cut Neal off.

"Bae, she's with him so, she's coming with us." Rumple commanded.

"But-"

"Shut up!" He hissed at me. He doesn't know about the plan. I started to float down and my body felt paralyzed. "Night dearie."

"Rile-" And that's all I heard from Peter until I slipped into darkness.