chapter 24 ✦ trust

We landed by a little field and Peter put me down. I threw my hand back and slapped him across the face. He looked shocked and his hand slowly brushed on his cheek. I turned around and walked away. Peter grabbed hold of my wrist, spinning me around.

"Look, I didn't mean it." He softly said. I ripped my wrist free, crossing my arms. "It was all an act."

"You're an asshole!" I snapped. I looked at my feet, angrily. "How am I supposed to know anyway?! This could be a trick! You obviously wanted to prove a point to everyone! The almighty Peter Pan finally is immortal." I yelled out at him. He just stood there, taking my rant. "You know what? This wasn't part of my plan. Not even the slightest." I finished, huffing out. I brought my hands to my face, pressing my palms to my forehead. "Peter Pan, you are a selfish and arrogant coward." HIs face fell and I saw him swallow hard. I shook my head and got out the vile of Pixie Dust but, to only be forced back again by Peter. He grabbed the bottle and pulled me close to his chest and pressed his lips to mine, kissing me. The kiss was harsh but, passionate. My mind went off like an alarm and his lips didn't become warm. They were grim and slimy. I pushed him back, disconnecting our mouths.

"I know you can't forgive me right now but, it was all a performance to win Henry over. You take the darkness away from me, babe. I've been in love with you way before we connected like this. I've just been too fucking stupid to realize it." He exclaimed. He looked serious and I wasn't sure if I should believe him. A bunch of emotions ran in and out of his eyes. I looked down and saw something glowing in his hand. He followed my gaze and his eyes widened at the vile that was lighting up in his hand. It's belief. He smiled up at me with a little grin. "Do you believe me now?" I stared at him with my eyes going back and forth from his face and his hand with the bottle. I walked towards him and gently grabbed the bottle and it immediately stopped glowing when he left his hand. I put it back and it glowed again.

"I-i don't know." I stuttered. Suddenly, hollers when heard in the jungle. I started to run again, fast enough so that Peter wouldn't try and make me stay. I saw Emma, Regina and Mary Margaret surrounding a rock and there on that rock was Pandora's box. I ran out of the brush and hugged Emma. She jumped back in surprise and saw that it was me.

"Riley! Where were you?!" Mary Margaret exclaimed.

"Pan, he kidnapped me and tried to make me join his side." I rushed through the sentence, letting go of Emma. My eyes lingered to Pandora's box. "Is that it?"

"Yes, it was here when we arrived," Regina spoke up, circling it. Mary Margaret stepped forward, reaching for it.

"Wait!" Emma yelled. Mary Margaret looked at Emma, confused. "Pan wouldn't leave it there in plain site."

"If it means David getting home then, I'm takin-" She was off by a whipping sound. My eyes widened when a vine reached out and wrapped around her body and pulled her back to the tree when they came from.

"Mary Margaret!" Emma shouted and then, the vines took her too along with Regina. Emma's cutlass fell from her grip and landed on the ground. I felt something wrap around me and I was forcibly pulled back to the tree. The vines tightened around our bodies and secured us. I tried to pull them off but it was no use.

"Are you still at it?" Peter's voice echoed. He stepped out of the tree line and scooped up Pandora's box in his fingers. "Don't you know?" He bent down and picked up the cutlass, smirking. "Peter Pan never fails." He walked towards us with a glare. "I have to be honest, I didn't think you'd find me. I shouldn't be surprised, though. You're mothers, tenacious about your off-spring." He chuckled, sickly. "I'll have to tell you if you're willing to see Henry again, there's only one place you'll be reunited with him. In death." I saw Regina glare at him from the corner of my eye. I tried moving again along with the others who were grunting as they struggled against the vines but they only tightened even more when we moved more. "Having trouble moving? Not surprised given where you are. You see what's hastening your demise is your regret."