The Bride of The Underworld [...

By LettuceBae

"You're insufferable," You sneer at her. "Why are you so hostile?" She replied smugly. "Come on now, you're... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Not a chap but......
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99

Chapter 27

5.7K 208 67
By LettuceBae

Y/N's POV

The alarm of my phone woke me up, I stir awake only to be greeted by such a sight: Irene was still sleeping, the strands of her hair were falling on her face, her chest heaving up and down so calmly. I pull the sheets down and remove her arm that's ever so wrapped protectively around me.

She groaned, shit- 

"Y/N?" She croaked, her head now pressed against my chest, "Time for you to go already?" Her voice was muffled. I smile and stroke her hair, "I have work, Irene." She chuckled and let go of me, I immediately miss her warmth.

She slid of the bed, her back full of scratch marks from me last night, oh dear, she looked over her shoulder her a smirk- wait that one's familiar-

"See your scratches, vixen?" I blush at her words and cover my face, I hear her chuckle. "Good morning."

"Good morning, Rene."

"Want to take a bath together?" I flushed at her words, my brain immediately shuts down, damn it, think of a response!

"Y/N?" 

"Y/N?" I snap out of it, Irene is now kneeling in front of me, concern swimming in her features. "Oh, sorry...my head was on Mars." I give her a sheepish smile. She grinned and pressed a kiss on my forehead. "I'll go take a bath now," She whispered and walked to the bathroom. 

I sigh and shifted to get up, when my feet made contact with the hard floor, I stand up-

I gasp when the muscles of my thighs feel like they're about to split in half, I stiffened when I feel the muscles stiffen. I immediately flopped back in the bed, only to double the pain when I flail my legs. 

"Damn it, Irene." I growl under my breath. I massage my thighs gently, "How the hell am I going to work like this?" Begrudgingly I stand up with a pained sigh and held on anything that can support my weight and readied my clothes. I wore a bathrobe and eat breakfast which was a simple toast, well 2 toasts. I much down and waited for Irene to finish taking a bath. 

My thighs are getting better now, but the sting remains, I heard the bathroom door open to reveal a steaming Irene, she also wore a bathrobe, though it's tied loosely around her waist. "Is that normal?" I ask, pointing at the steam coming out of her body.

Irene ruffles her hair with a towel, "Well, yeah, for us demons we need to regulate heat through our body." 

I made an 'ah' and walk past her to the bathroom, "Did you eat already?" I close the door and yelled out a 'yes' and re-freshen up.

-----------------------------------------------------

Irene drove me to work again, but this time, she escorts me to the lobby. She held my waist and my bag, I can't help but blush and rub the sleeves of my work attire every time one of my co-workers would stare at us up and down and grin. 

Irene hands me my bag, but never let's go of my waist. "Vixen," She smiled. "Since you're here already, I'll go now." I nod and walk towards the elevator, a gentle grip on my elbow stopped me. I turn to see Irene who's eyes swim with mirth. 

"Aren't you forgetting something?" Irene said with a raised brow, I look at her questioningly. Irene heaved a sad sigh, "You're not saying anything?" 

"Uhm....bye?" I give her a bashful grin, Irene rolled her eyes, "Not that, vixen." I raise a brow at her, "What?" 

Irene chuckled, her eyes turn to crescents, I felt my heart stop. She should do that more often, I widened my eyes when soft lips clash with mine, I sigh in bliss and close my eyes my stomach turning to a pile of mush, my arms wrapping itself on her shoulders. Her hands made contact with my jaw, she pulls away with a content smile. 

"There." She smirked, I playfully hit her shoulder. "We're in the lobby, you fool." Though, I can't remove the smile on my face, Irene grinned widely. "Call me after work, yeah?" 

"Yeah," I replied. Se winked at me and and turn to leave, while I press the button of the elevator and straight to the top floor. I arrive at my workspace when the elevator dinged open, I place my bag on top of the oak desk, take out the necessary items such as my USB, iPad and pen for the documents. 

I stretch my arms, sat on the chair, and prepared the papers, contracts and documents for Ms. Kim. I hear the elevators ding, I brush my attire and stand up with my arms folded on my stomach. Ms. Kim walked in with a blank look on her face, but smiled slightly when her cat eyes meet mine. 

"Good morning, Ms. Kim." I greeted, she raised her open palm, "Good morning Secretary Hwang,  any emails for me?" She stopped in front of me. "None yet, Ms. Kim." 

She nods her head, "Very well, call me when something pops up, alright?" I bow my head at her and I hear the heavy wooden door close. I sit back down on my seat and browse through my emails, papers and documents, reviewing them and making sure there's is no error in teh contract. 

My phone pinged a notification, "As mush as I want to see if what's to read, I have work to do." I remind myself and continue browsing the papers. I hear it again, but I ignored it, then again and again and again-

"Ugh! Fine!" I hastily take out my phone and see Irene's message ID

Irene: Hey ;)

Irene: Are you busy?

Irene: Baby🥺 talk to me please👉🏻👈🏻

Irene: Are you ignoring me?😞😞😞

I stare in disbelief, I didn't know that she can text like that....with a smile I reply:

Y/N: Oh, sorry Hyun, I was busy scanning documents. What's up? 

Irene: Took you long enough, I was lonely...🥺

I muffled a laugh, and roll my eyes. Gosh...

Y/N: What are you? A rabbit?

Irene: No....but I do have a high sex drive-

I choked on my own saliva- I can feel Irene smirking behind the screen.

Y/N: I'm at work you idiot!

Irene: So? I'll go there and slid my finger up to your thighs and yank that skirt down and thrust my-

I didn't dare read her next words knowing that I'll be all hot and bothered, I saw a new email notification at my peripheral vision. I sigh, though it felt nice talking to her...

Irene: Y/N? Baby? Are you still there?

A smile broke out of my features, I grin and started typing.

Y/N: Sorry Hyunie, but I have work. I'll make it up to you, I promise. ❤️❤️❤️

Irene: Ouch, ok....how about dinner hmm? I heard that there's a restaurant selling the best steak in town?🥂

I look up for awhile....hmmm having dinner with her at night won't hurt, right?

RIGHT?! OK!

Y/N: Deal, I'll call you when work's done. 

Irene: Very well, I'll pick you up tonight. 

I turn my phone off and went back to checking the email that was recently delivered. I click on it,  revealing an email from Balenciaga. I sigh heavily, this is the first time my sister's company emailed me. I crack the tendons of my neck and and pressed it. 

Good morning, half breed.

This email is only for your eyes so suck it up.

Dad and I are at the airport here in Europe, don't take this at any way but I'm warning you that dad would want you to explain your marriage to the CEO of Prada, and to me as well.

 Once we get home dad want us all to have dinner  at Pierre Gagnaire a Seoul.2 days from now. Oh and by the way, dad doesn't know anything about me warning you.

You better get ready,

Hwang Hyerin

CEO

Balenciaga.

"Oh dear..." I muttered under my breath, I better tell Irene later tonight. I close the mail.

"Y/N, bring me the documents that were placed on you table earlier this morning." The intercom buzzed. I stand up, collected the files and walk towards her door, I knock twice and heard a faint 'come in' from the person from the other side of the door.

"Ms. Kim, here are the files you requested earlier." I say as I approach her and gently placed the documents on the expensive desk. She looks up at me with a smile, "Great, you're dismissed, Secretary Hwang." I bow at her then exited the office. 

I sat on my chair again, it seemed like there's nothing to do except look out for new emails, no presentations yet, I hope, oh god I hate presentations...well it depends on the due date. I sigh and leaned my back on the chair and swivel it side to side. 

_________________________________

"Y/N, there's nothing else for you to do. You may go now." Ms. Kim said through the intercom, I sigh in relief. I press the intercom and replied:

"Duly noted, Ms. Kim. Have a wonderful evening," I check the time, 7:49. I excitedly take my phone and called Irene, while waiting for her to pick up, I fix my things. 

On call

Irene: Y/N! Are you done with work?

I hear excitement in her tone, I smiled and chuckled.

Y/N: Yeah, I'm done. How about you?

Irene: Done with a meeting, I'm actually just about to exit the building. I'll come pick you up now.

Y/N: Alright, I'll wait for you by the entrance of the building.

Irene: See you later tonight, vixen. 

A grin now broke out of my features, 

Y/N: Alright Hyunie.

I ended the call and went straight for the elevator going down the lobby. I exited the building with ease and nervousness, "It's just dinner Y/N, no need to nervous gosh." 

I fixed my attire, "It's no like I'll be having dinner with the prime minister of South Korea, damn." I heard a car stop by, the windows rolled down revealing Irene who had her hair tied, her eyes looked tired but it swam with mirth. 

"Y/N, hop in!" I laugh and entered the vehicle and strapped my seat belt. "Let's go." Irene stepped on the gas and drove off, comfortable silence enveloped us. 

__________________________________

"Irene, the bills-" We're already done eating, we talked about work and about the fine cuts of the steak.

"Oh, shush vixen. I want to spend it on you." She smiled, I sigh in reply. "You need to spend one for yourself too Irene, and also contribute to society, I guess." I mumbled on the last part. Irene chuckled.

"Check, please." She called out to a waiter and stare back at me. "Is there anything else you want to talk about?" Right...

"In a matter of 2 days from now, my family is coming home." Irene nods, "What else?" 

I wipe my lips with tissue, "They want details of how we met and why we kept in secret."

Irene grinned, "We met at the Valentino Fashion event in China 3 years ago." 

"Wait, you were there?" I look at her shocked, "Yes, yes I was. You and your boss were sitting 2 rows from us." 

"Ok, go on.." 

"We became acquainted by closing event, since you got lost, I helped you turn to the exit." Irene locked her chocolate eyes at me, I, once again, was pulled towards it. "Then the rest is history, first date was in Florence." 

I gasp, "The Burberry opening event! You were the MC!" Irene's eyes crinkled. "Good memory, Y/N." 

Irene has already paid the bill and gave me a ride home, I freshen up and went straight to my bed with a relieved sigh, Irene couldn't stay due to her work load. But I sincerely hope she's doing well.

My eyes closed and sleep took over my tired body.

_______________________________

Should we have Irene with short hair in the future chapters?

Leave a comment so I'll know!

-author

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.1K 2.8K 81
Following controversial news regarding Irene, she was forced to take a hiatus. She lost her confidence due to this news, and she escaped to the count...
72K 2.7K 40
The whole world knows her name. Or so, it seems. Enjoy Lilliana and Teyanne's uphill battle of desire, decision, and distrust. "You always mad abou...
50.3K 1.9K 36
You have your dream job, you're financially stable, and you have an amazing set of friends. You live in a beautiful home and drive an expensive car...
1.3K 151 29
" YOU ARE SO ANNOYING! JUST GET OUT OF MY LIFE ! WITHOUT YOU , MY LIFE WOULD BE BETTER ! " I bit my lip and tried so hard to hold back my tears , " I...