Misfortunate (Completed)

By TheOmoope

Labeebah Sheriff, known as 'BeebahShe' in the south and simply 'Beebah' in the north is your girl-next-door a... More

TheOmoope's note
Sneak Peek
Chapter One : Director
Chapter Two: Blockbuster
Chapter Three: Film Noir
Chapter Four:
Chapter Five: Breaking bank accounts and promises
Chapter Six: Taking charge
Chapter Seven: Under things theft
Chapter Eight:. A scandal
Chapter Nine: Sinasir
Chapter Ten: #TheAAadventure
Chapter Eleven: Writing your own story
Chapter Twelve: Miyan Bushashen
Chapter Twenty Two: The YouTuber
Chapter Twenty Three: Breathing their Last
Twenty Four: Layla's Birthday with a twist of death
Chapter Twenty Five: Layla's Birthday with a death twist (2)
Chapter Twenty Six: Deathday?
Chapter Twenty Seven: Sigh of Relief
Chapter Twenty Eight: Chasing Abdul
Chapter Twenty Nine: War
Chapter Thirty: Yaana Bakura
Chapter Thirty one: Working for Yaana
Chapter Thirty Two: New Beginnings
Chapter Thirty three: Labeebah Sheriff or Bakura?
Chapter Thirty Four: Huda
Chapter Thirty Five: Labeebah (Bakura)
Thirty Six: Kaka's Birthday
Chapter Thirty Seven: Decisions
Chapter Thirty Eight: Upheaval
Chapter Thirty Nine: Shoots
Forty: Baaba's promise
Chapter Forty One: Him Again
Chapter Forty Two: Sister In Law(s)
Chapter Forty Three:Date With Baaba
Chapter Forty Four: ICYMI
Chapter Forty Five: Forgiveness
Chapter Forty Six: Ombre
Chapter Forty-Seven: La Familia
Chapter Forty Eight: Kawu's Passing
Chapter Forty Nine: Hamieydat Al Hassan
Chapter Fifty: Wedding Bells
Chapter Fifty-One: Promiscuous with a P
Fifty Two: Courts and Chad
Chapter Fifty-Three: Lake Date
Fifty Four: Kuje Maximum Prisons
Fifty Five: Court Proceedings
Fifty Six: Togo
Fifty Seven: Lefe
Fifty Nine: Beebah's Do
Please Read

Fifty Eight: Gone too soon

1.6K 487 62
By TheOmoope

Hey my people 🙈😌How are you doing? Miss me? Of Labeebah? If you miss her it's okay too. I'd just like you to leave a comment and vote🤲🏽, pretty please share with your friends and fam too.

"Yes Kaka."

I heard Sa'ad say and I stopped at the door to the living room, trying to listen. I heard Kaka's low rumbling older person voice but I heard nothing of what she was telling Sa'ad because she was whispering. I looked around me to see if anyone had seen me stop, before placing my ear on the keyhole. Then I vaguely heard something about my father remarrying and how he didn't know how to tell us yet.

I straightened up and pursed my lips, cupping the gold clinks strap of my white clutch bag to avoid making noise and announcing my arrival. Baaba wants to marry Midarl? Hamieydat Al Hassan? That would be amazing news to us, so why is he hesitating. I shrugged and turned the door knob alerting my grandma and fiance, they both stopped talking and smiled at me widely.

I strutted, because that what my cousins call my walk, over to Kaka and kissed her head. I smelt her lavender oiled hair from the top of her vintage scarf and I breathed it in. This woman is peace.

"You both be good and pick a nice place, not so far from me so I can walk there everyday." I unhooked my arm from her shoulder and stepped in front of her so she could see me well and shook my head.

"Your neighbors are super rich. We, Sa'ad and I are still struggling. When we're super rich too, we'll buy a house next door." She laughed, frowned and then began to mumble stuff about how they- being Kaka, Baaba, and Sa'ad's parents- told us to let them pitch in with the house. I disagreed for two reasons; one, those already saying my wedding is extravagant and sponsored by Baaba with government money will be given more fuel to their dying fire, two, I just want everything about this marriage different from the other.

"Kaka, don't worry we'll soon let you flex your muscles." She smiled and I winked at Sa'ad who had been watching us all the while with a fond smile on his handsome face. He got up, adjusted his white Kaftan top and greeted Kaka again, telling her we are leaving. She nodded fondly as well, picking up her veil and calling for her personal assistant, we as respectfully as we could watched her leave the room before smiling widely at one another.

"You look stunning today."You know how you already know you look beautiful but an affirming comment from your loved one just gives you a boost? That's how I feel. Like I'm on one of the clouds, floating.  "Are you ready?" I nodded. He picked up a bag placed beside him and handed it to me. I opened the bag almost immediately, nearly tearing at the wrapping paper before screaming. It doesn't feel like it's me anymore, I totally feel like a different person.

"This is so beautiful." He had three of our pre-wedding pictures framed in love shaped frames, I raised my head and smiled my thanks at him. He blew me a kiss after looking around the room.

I rushed back upstairs to drop the bag on my bed before running back downstairs to meet him. He was already standing beside the car, leaning against the bonnet, waiting for me. When I reached, he walked over and opened the passenger door for me, waiting till I fiddled with my seatbelt and fastened it before shutting the door.

"So, where are we going first?" He asked me because I planned this date. It's not a date, per se. It's just us spending time together, getting to know one another and I think we choosing our house is a good place to bond.

"First, we'll stop at FBG's drinks. Get cups of coffee or whatever you'd like, then we'll call the real estate agent, she's waiting for us." He nodded and started the car, driving out of the spot he parked in and greeting the gateman Manning the gate with a smile.

My phone pings just as he heads into the highway, I see Falmata's Instagram account tagged me to a reel and I quickly tap to watch. It is a ten second video that features all the times Sa'ad has opened the car door for me when Falmata is around. She has documented about twelve times and today's own ended it. She captioned it;

Their love is so beautiful to watch.

I laughed. Then held my hot cheeks as I watched the videos again before showing it to Sa'ad who has stopped at a red light near Central Area. His face brightens up with a smile, his eyes lit up slowly and just as he was about to speak, the light turned green and he had to move.

"Now that we're the subject of this-" He moves his fingers around looking for a word to use, " Love showing, I don't know how to behave. Is that a valid emotion?" I nodded, he affirmed with another nod making me turn away to the window to hide my tears. He is such a miracle, and I say Alhamdulillah for him everyday.

*******

"Baaba na, I want that iPad. Wallah, its going to help with my business." I struggled to keep in my laughter as we walked up the steps into the vice presidential house, Falmata is hanging off Baaba's arm and currying favor with him, begging for the newest iPad.

"Falmata, when that thing reduces in price, I'll order for you and your siblings. Not right now. I don't have money." He stopped at the door's shoe rack and took off his shoes, sliding his feet into a pair of Balenciaga slides. Falmata and I stopped to take off our heeled sandals, wore another pair of flip-flops and walked into the living room after Baaba.

"Baaba. Please. Or I'll make it my birthday wishlist and kaka will get it for me." She stated with a pout that made Baaba point a finger in her face, in warning.

"Dare it and see. You'll go and live with Kaka from that day on." Bashir's laughter prompted my own and before we knew it, all of us were laughing. I looked back and saw Baaba's secretary hanging around the doorway, motioning for Baaba and I waved him in. He came in lugging a bag.

Falmata was the first to scream, "Baaba, is that what I think it is?" He rolled his eyes at her and let Bashir collect the bag from his secretary. The moment the older man left, Falmata snatched it away from Bashir and poured the contents on the coffee table, jumping into Baaba's arms like a giddy baby that she is. I know why Baaba has gifts first, he has an announcement to make.

"Thank you. Thank you. Thank you so much." Baaba calmly raised one eyebrow at Falmata as though he didn't see or hear any of how excited she had been just now.

"You're welcome." He set her down gently and patted the chair beside him for her to sit. Bashir handed me the my own iPad and the touch screen pen that came with it, along side new airpods. I smiled gratefully but heard Falmata scream again. This time, it could be classified as a screech, an excited screech.

"Yaya," She said referring to me, she walked briskly to my side and held my hand, "Baaba is marrying Miss Al Hassan. She agreed to be his wife. We'll have new clothes for ever." She began to dance in that spot, making us all laugh. She fell into my arms happily and I had to move back a bit for her very happy self not to take out my front teeth.

Afterwards, Baaba and I sat in his study and I asked him, "Are you happy?" He nodded, a smile breaking out on his face as he swiped down his shaved head.

"I'm happy. She says I make her laugh, at least at nearly sixty, I can make someone laugh, that makes me happy." I couldn't laugh, I just sat there foolishly smiling. I can imagine Baaba's dry and very funny jokes making her laugh, they're a fit indeed.

*********

"He what?"

I stopped trying to force the aerial view door open and looked back at Sa'ad who was instructing the cleaning crew head on how he wants those doors cleaned before our furniture starts to come in.

"He committed suicide Labeebah, the video he made last is circulating social media. Haven't you gone online today, he also said he was contacted by Musa Alim to kill the first female governor of his state." I shook my head, seeing as I'm on the phone with Opeyemi Mukhtar, I said no out loud. Musa Alim is definitely going to answer to the police.

"I don't even know what to say. Your dad's people put out a statement about him going to God to get the rest of his punishment and all. It was a very petty note." I tried to scramble back my laughter and couldn't, only muting the call just in time. Baaba must have penned that note down, he hates Abdul's very guts and I can't put this past him.

I unmuted the call and asked again, "But suicide?" She hummed in agreement, asking how he would have a chance to make a video and then overdose on his sleeping medicine the prison nurses has been giving him for about two weeks.

"Sha, ask your dad or someone to do a thorough investigation. You'll find out the truth if you want. Or just close that chapter of your life and end it there." I looked out again, seeing Sunshine estate in the distance and a kiddies park the realtor advertised this house with before replying Opeyemi.

"I think this is closure for me. I have not watched the video yet, but I know it's the end. It's all over." She hummed and ended the call, only asking me if Zainab has been doing her job well since she got married a few months back or I'll need a new PA.

"What's it?" Sa'ad reached me in seconds after I beckoned at him. "Abdullahi Babagana is dead. Suicide." Sa'ad stared at me for a long moment before flicking his gaze off me and looking past me into the horizon.

"How do you feel?" He asked hoarsely, I watched his Adam's apple gog up and down as he swallowed.

"There's nothing in it for me. It's all over, done. Forever. There's nothing to feel or ask." He nodded and raised his hand, willing to touch me before he dropped his hand at the last second, turning around to go see something the cleaning crew was calling him to see.

*****
Abdul is gone. Never to disturb again. But the truth of his death, I'll see you all soon.

I want to say a huge thank you for you all helping me reach4️⃣5️⃣ thousand reads. It means 45 thousand times, people thought it interesting enough to open this book. I'm very grateful ❤️. Thank you again.

Please, Don't forget to share with your friends 😉😉

May God bless you all and keep you for me. Stay safe too, wear a mask please🤲🏽

TheOmoope 💙💛🙃

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 46.2K 91
When Jasmine Cooper runs into a drunk rapist, a man saves her. It is Xavier Ravarivelo, the billionaire Mafia whose bride left him at the altar. Jas...
7.7K 300 7
Resident Evil Village Fanfic Modern Mafia AU Alcina Dimitrescu x Fem Reader In a mafia life, trust is more valuable than Money and Power. But what ab...
34.5K 6K 26
Salma Husayn was finding it difficult to walk out of a toxic relationship with her ten years boyfriend, only for the caterer to find herself on a rid...
580K 19.4K 27
Why were all the so-called normal guys, a**holes? Why couldn't she find a decent guy. Was something wrong with her? She knew her days of youthfulness...