Sentimentality (Sakura x Male...

De Roverflame

Kim Y/N is about to begin his days as a college student. Separated from his parents who constantly worry abou... Mais

Teaser
Chapter 1: A New Life
Chapter 2: A Chance Meeting
Chapter 3: First Day
Chapter 4: Golden Hour
Chapter 5: My Friend, My Rival
Chapter 6: Sympathy
Chapter 7: Uncertainties
Chapter 8: At Home
Chapter 9: Portfolio
Chapter 10: Unrequited Feeling
Chapter 12: By Your Side
Chapter 13: Answers
Chapter 14: Warmth
Chapter 15: Breakaway
Chapter 16: Resolve
Chapter 17: Affection
Chapter 18: Favor
Chapter 19: Temptation
Chapter 20: Confession Pt. 1
Chapter 21: Confession Pt. 2
Chapter 22: Fulfillment
Chapter 23: Dating Plans
Chapter 24: Siblings
Chapter 25: Family
Chapter 26: Awkwardness
Chapter 27: Agony
Chapter 28: Phantom
Chapter 29: Reunion
Chapter 30: Solitude
Chapter 31: Holiday
Chapter 32: Nightglow
Chapter 33: Interval
Chapter 34: Memory Pt. 1
Chapter 35: Memory Pt. 2
Chapter 36: Resolve
Chapter 37: Return
Chapter 38: Closure
Chapter 39: You and I
Chapter 40: Sentimentality

Chapter 11: Downpour

472 45 20
De Roverflame

"What a way to start the day." Y/N said as he looks at the window of his apartment, watching the rain pour since early morning.

He sighed while thinking that this might affect his plans later in the day, as he will be attending a concert later.

"I wish it would stop at least before I leave this afternoon. If not, then I will have to tell her that I won't be coming." He said as he goes back to the kitchen to make coffee.

After having a simple breakfast that he made himself, his phone started ringing.

Upon picking it up, he chuckled as he saw the name of the caller.

Opening the app to begin the video call, he went towards the living room to place his phone on the table.

"Hi oppa! It's been a while." Minju greeted him with a bright smile.

"Good morning to you too, Minju-ya. You're looking ugly as usual." He said with a grin.

"Yah, that's what you say to me this early in the morning? You do know we almost look like each other like we're twins, right?" She said while pouting at him.

"Point taken. I'm still much better-looking than you, though." He said.

"Hehehe. Then how come you don't have a girlfriend, oppa?" She replied, which made him nearly spit out his coffee.

"Ouch, you truly know to hit me where it hurts, Minju. You've improved." He said to her.

"Well, I learned from the best, and that person is you. Don't underestimate me." She said with a hint of confidence.

"Fine, you win this time. Anyways, how are mom and dad doing?"

"They're fine but they're busy. They almost always go home pretty late, which makes me feel a bit lonely here. Right now, they're still sleeping."

"I see, I hope they don't overwork themselves. Please take care of them for me, Minju."

"Of course oppa, you can count on me! How about you, are you doing well today?"

"Hmm, I guess so. But this weather's really affecting my mood. It's been raining here in Seoul for three days straight!" He told her.

"Now that does sound awful. It's a good thing you don't have classes today, oppa. But I hope that it will stop soon. It's only a bit gloomy here in Jeonju, so there's that." She said.

"That's nice to hear. If this keeps up, I won't be able to go out for the day. Now that sucks."

"You really shouldn't, if it's not that important. Where are you going anyway?"

"About that, well you see, a friend of mine gave me tickets to a mini concert that will be held later today. But if the weather is like this, then I might tell them that I won't be coming."

"Wow, a concert? You're lucky, oppa. I always wanted to attend one as well."

"Yeah, I know. It's just a mini-concert though, and I'm not familiar with the band's name. Wait a second, I'll show you the ticket." He said as Minju nodded.

When he did, Minju was also not familiar with the group's name, which made them both sigh.

"It must be an indie band, oppa. Still, having a chance to attend a live concert would be quite the experience. I hope that you'll be able to go there later." She said to him.

"I really hope so. It would be a waste if I won't be able to, since I'm also looking forward to it."

"I know, right? By the way, who are you going with? It would be awkward if you're going there alone, right?" She asked.

"Of course not. I invited another friend of mine to go with me, and she agreed." He replied.

This however, made Minju curious, as she was looking at her brother with a smirk on her face.

"Yah, it's not what you think, Minju-ya! You were right, I am a loser who doesn't have a girlfriend. I promise you, she's just a friend of mine whom I also met at the university!" He said as he tries to explain, but Minju is still very skeptical about his explanation.

"Really? I'm not convinced, oppa. Sure, I'll believe you for now, but very soon I'll get to have the chance to see this friend of yours in person." She said to him.

"Huh? What are you talking about?"

"It's only a month left before summer break begins, which means I can visit you there! Aren't you glad?"

"WHAT? W-well of course I am, but are you sure? What about mom and dad?"

"I already have their permission, so don't you worry about it. I can't wait to see what Seoul looks like up close!"

"Aish, I didn't expect this. But yeah, I'm excited. I can't wait for you to spend your vacation here with me. Just tell me when you're going to arrive, okay?"

"I'll be sure to do that, oppa! Thanks."

"Sure, I'll talk to you later, okay?"

"I'll be waiting, oppa. Bye!"

With this, the two siblings ended the video call.

"Wow, I can't believe she's coming here. I really miss her so much, so I'm happy that she'll be here during the summer. That's something to look forward to." He said as he went back to the kitchen to wash his cup.

Once he's done, Y/N turned on the television to watch a movie, just to pass the time. Then he remembered something.

"Come to think of it, Sakura said a few days ago that she's also going out with Vernon today. She must be very disappointed with this weather too." He said as he scans the various channels for anything that he can watch for the next hour.

"All this time, I'm still thinking about her. I have to move on, because she has him now. After today, they'll be official, so there's nothing I can do about it. I should be happy for her now, and that we should congratulate them tomorrow once we can. Yes, that's the right thing to do, as her friend." He thought.

A few hours had passed, and fortunately, the rain had stopped, although the sky still looks gloomy when he saw it.

"Finally, I guess I will be able to go there after all. Time to get ready. She'll be waiting for me near at the station, so I'd better hurry." He said as he began to pick the clothes that he'll wear for the day.

Once he's done, Y/N managed to make it to the train station, where a certain someone was already there waiting for him.

"Sorry for making you wait, Hyewon-ah. It seems you're early today." He said as he greeted her.

"It's okay. I just got here a few minutes ago. Here, you want some?" She said, offering him some snacks that she bought.

"No, but thank you. If you're ready, then let's go." He told her.

"Sure, and uh, thanks for inviting me today. I don't usually go to such events, but I'm willing to make an exception since you invited me, Y/N." She said while smiling a bit.

"Thanks, that's nice of you to say that." He replied, as they went to board the train towards the concert venue.

Thankfully, they were able to make it without any problems. The two of them were standing near the entrance, when they saw a lot of people waiting to enter.

"Wow, I'm impressed that there are a lot of people here now. I guess most of them were already here once the rain stopped." Y/N said.

"You're probably right. So this is the place that they call The Circle. It looks nothing out of the ordinary to me." Hyewon said, making him curious.

"Is that so? Well, it is bigger than I thought, but maybe it's just me."

"It's not the Gocheok Sky Dome or anything, but still, this place is huge. Let's go Y/N, I can't wait to see what it looks like from the inside." She said while dragging Y/N towards the queue.

"Yah, no need to get excited, Hyewon-ah!" Y/N said as he laughed as they made it towards the line, where the rest of the fans are eagerly waiting to get in.

After a few more minutes of waiting, the two of them had made it inside the venue, where they took their seats. Y/N was amazed that they were seated in a location that's near the stage.

"I'm impressed Y/N. I didn't know that we'll both be seated in front. You sure you don't have connections?" Hyewon asked him.

"Of course I don't! A friend gave me the tickets, so that's my only explanation for this. She must be a close friend of one of the band members." He explained to her.

"That makes sense. Well, the show is about to begin in just a few minutes, so we don't have to wait long. By the way, did you notice something?"

"What is it, Hyewon-ah?"

"Look around us, Y/N. Most of the fans here are wearing black cloaks aside from the light sticks they have."

"Yes you're right. We'll just try our best to blend in with them. I guess it's a good thing we're both wearing dark colored jackets." He said as he chuckled.

"Hehe, that's true. Let's count ourselves lucky then."

Soon after, the lights went on, and the crowd starts to get wild. They soon heard voices coming from the stage, which were more like whispers. Both Y/N and Hyewon were feeling excited as a lone spotlight shines in the middle of the stage.

They saw a long-haired girl who was looking down, which made the fans cheer much louder than before. As she looks up to face them, everyone was cheering on as she does an alluring smile.

"It seems that everyone is looking forward to this day. My acolytes, you had proven that even the cruel skies don't have a hold on you, for you are still here to witness this moment. Now my question is, are you ready?" She said to them, which prompted everyone to scream the band's name.

"Rozzaria! Rozzaria! Rozzaria!" The crowd said in unison, which made it sound like a chant from a ritual.

Then, the lights went back on as the band begins to perform their first song, much to the excitement of everyone present.

But for Y/N, he felt both excited and surprised when he saw a familiar girl who was also performing with them.

"WHAT THE HELL?" He said when he saw that person there, which made Hyewon look at him. Thankfully, those seated in front of them paid no attention to him.

"Why did you scream like that, Y/N? Is something wrong?" Hyewon asked her.

"Hyewon-ah, don't be surprised if I tell you this. You see that girl over there who's playing the drums like there's no tomorrow? Her name's Choi Yena. She's the one who gave me the tickets for the concert! She didn't tell me that she's a member of the band that's set to perform today!" He said to her.

"Really? Wow, I'm impressed, Y/N! Where did you meet her?"

"You won't believe this, Hyewon-ah." He said as he tries to whisper something to her.

"She actually lives in the same apartment as I do. But let's keep it to ourselves, shall we?" He said to him.

Hyewon simply gave him a thumbs up as they continue watching the performance.

As they band continues to perform their songs, the more hyped up Y/N gets, which made Hyewon smile as he looks at him.

With each song performed, both were trying their best to keep up with the crowd whenever they do a fan chant.

"Choi Jisu, Hyun Seunghee, Choi Yena, Lee Siyeon, Kim Jungeun! Rozzaria fighting!" The crowd says as the band continues their energetic performance.

"See? I can finally keep up with them now! How about you, Hyewon-ah?" Y/N asked her with a smile.

"I'm trying, Y/N! But I guess you're better than me. I'm still enjoying the concert, though." She told him.

"Well, that's what's important. This is so awesome! Rozzaria, we want more! Woohoo!" Y/N said which made Hyewon laugh a bit.

"I'm glad that you're having a good time, Y/N. The reason I came with you today is to try and cheer you up, which I'm glad I was able to. But even so, I'm still afraid of what will happen later today. Someone is going to need you at her side, but I know that you'll be there for her." Hyewon thought to herself as she looks at him.

After two hours, the concert finally came to an end. The crowd starts to exit the venue, with Y/N and Hyewon among them. Once they're at the exit, he received a message from Yena.

"Hey Y/N, how did you like the concert? I saw you at the front, you know. Thank you for coming to see us perform today. I appreciate it." She said.

"I enjoyed it, Yena-ssi. Thank you for giving me those tickets. But I still can't believe you didn't tell me that you were one of the performers. You did great back there." He replied.

"Yah, what are you smiling about, Y/N?" Hyewon asked him.

"Here, take a look. I just received a message from Yena herself. I bet a lot of their fans would be jealous of me if they find out." He said.

Hyewon smiled as she looked at the message Yena sent him, as they read her reply.

"It's just a little surprise for me. It seems you became a fan of ours now, am I right. When I see you back home, I'll give you the same cloaks that our fans wore today. Sorry if I didn't give you one beforehand because I'm not sure if you'll like our group."

"Wow thanks. I can't wait to have one. But make it two just in case. You earned yourself two new fans today."

Yena agreed, as Y/N said that he'll meet her later.

"Hyewon-ah, it's still a bit early. Do you mind if we grab something to eat before we go home?" He asked her.

"Sure, Y/N. I'm feeling a bit hungry after all that cheering earlier. Let's go." She said, as the two of them head towards a nearby fast food joint.

The two ordered the foods that they want, as Y/N helped her find a vacant table for them to eat their meal.

"Uhh, are you sure you can finish all that food?" He said while looking at the amount of food on her tray.

"Let's see here. Three large-sized burgers, two large sets of fries, and a cup of ice cream. Yes, I can finish it all." She calmly said to him.

"I-I see. If you're sure, then I guess it's okay. Time to eat!"

The two happily enjoyed their meal together, with Y/N still in awe due to how fast Hyewon consumed all the food in front of her. This got him thinking how she is able to maintain her figure with such a huge appetite.

"That's one good mystery if I do say so myself." He said.

"Huh? What was that, Y/N?" Hyewon asked him.

"Oh it's nothing. If you're ready, let's head to the station." He said, with Hyewon agreeing with him.

Once they arrived, they were both feeling sad as their little time together is about to end.

While inside the train, they saw the rain starts to pour heavily once more.

"It's a good thing we're ready, Hyewon-ah. I can't believe it's raining again."

"That's true. At least it wasn't like this when we were having fun at the concert." Hyewon said as they both sighed while looking at the train's windows.

Soon after, they arrived at Y/N's stop. The two waved goodbye to each other with Hyewon thanking him for today.

"Thanks for having me today, Y/N. Be safe on the way back."

"You too, Hyewon-ah. See you tomorrow." Y/N said as he walks towards the station exit.

However, as he was walking, his phone started ringing again.

Quickly, he looked for a spot where it's much quieter, as he prepares to answer it.

He was surprised to see that Sakura's the one who's calling her.

"Hi Kkura! Umm, did your date went well? I'm sure that you and he were-"

However, he suddenly heard her sniffling, making him worried that something had happened.

"Y/N.......I........need you........Vernon........he......"

"Why? What's the matter? Did he do something to you?"

"No.........but......."

Y/N listens to Sakura's words, as he can't believe everything that she's telling him right now.

He felt a mixture of pain and grief as he listens to her, while trying not to be overtaken by his emotions.

"All right. Please wait for me, Kkura. I'll meet you there as soon as I can." He said as he tries to remain calm.

Sakura merely agreed to him as he ended the call. Y/N returned towards the train station, only to find that the train had already left the station.

"This is not good. Fine, I'll just take a bus instead." He said as he hurriedly left the station.

Despite the rain pouring hard, he quickly heads toward the station exit as he makes his way to the bus stop. As he ran, all he can think about is what he can do to try and comfort Sakura once he's there.

Y/N's POV:

"I didn't expect something like this to happen. Damn it, Vernon! How could you do this to her?"  

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

164K 3.8K 28
7 oppas. 1 girl. It took BTS a while to fall for a girl that was transferred to their school, last year. They are studying at Korea National Universi...
33.6K 1.6K 43
You are Kwon Y/N, son of a prominent family of musicians who entered South Korea's most prestigious musical academy. Heading to your school with ne...
645 1 26
7 college students share a dorm. They fall in love, get drunk, study, and get heartbroken. - inspired by the cdrama 'Youth' - book 1: jang hwayoung...
315K 14.5K 46
Yeonjun thought he'd be lost when his parents suddenly had to move from America to South Korea for work, but his luck started to turn when he ran int...