The One That Got Away || Benn...

By _weasleylife_

Reagan Sullivan was never the one to cope. She always liked to avoid things. For example, feelings. When she... More

00
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
BONUS
Season One
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Season Two
31
32
33
34
36
37
38
39
40
41
Author's Note
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
EPILOGUE

35

3.1K 45 7
By _weasleylife_

"Dude, I was this close to conjuring an invisible sandwich," Benny says to Ethan, as he and Reagan enter his bedroom. "What could be so urgent that--" Benny stops himself as Ethan held out a piece of paper.

His learner's permit.

"You got your permit," Reagan says. "This is definitely way more important than Benny's Invisi-BLT."

"That's right." Ethan nods. "I'm allowed to drive. As long as there's a licensed driver in the car with me."

"Need a babysitter for the car too?" Benny chuckles. "Lame," Ethan smirks at him until he remembers. "And your babysitter's a hot Sarah. With a driver's license. Less lame."

"Well, awesome people don't like to brag, Benny. Awesome people, like me." Ethan grins.

"All right, Mr. Awesome. Do you have a car?" Reagan questions, holding up her own set of car keys. "No, I do not."

"Leave that to Benny," Benny says before snapping his fingers, a few pink sparks from his fingertips. "Ah, worth a shot. Plan B."

*

The three best friends made their way to the nearest yard sale on Ethan's street. There was an old car that was torn up for sale.

"Seriously? This piece of junk?" Ethan asks.

"Well, it's within your price range: zero to zilch," Benny says. As they looked at the car, the boy who was running the yard sale noticed them and went over.

"Hey, seventy-five dollars, and it's yours."

"Hey, Malcolm." Ethan greets, while Reagan and Benny wave at him.

The boy, Malcolm, looks at Reagan and smiles at her. "Hey, beautiful. I don't think we've met before." Reagan awkwardly smiles as Benny wraps his arm around her waist, pulling her to his side. Malcolm looks between the two and clears his throat.

"My grandpa left me all his favorite things in his will. So I'm selling them." Malcolm explains, and Ethan asks if the guy in the photo on the windshield was his grandpa.

"Family heirlooms. Yeah, and we will totally buy something you think is worthless and resell it for more." Benny tells him. "And I'm sorry for your loss."

"Yeah, sorry." Ethan awkwardly says as he puts his photo frame down. "I'm only interested in the car. Does it run?"

"Maybe if you get the squirrel's nest out of the engine." Malcolm walks off to sell more stuff and Ethan hops into the driver's seat. When he grabbed the wheel, his eyes glowed white as he received a vision. The car's engine starts.

"Hey, it runs!" Benny cheers.

"So do I!"

Ethan runs back to his house, and Reagan and Benny follow him confused.

*

"There's no way I'm buying that car," Ethan tells his best friends as they walk through the front door to his house. "When I touched it, I had a vision. There was a ghost in the backseat."

"Ooh, backseat driver from beyond the grave!" Benny says. "Bonus."

"Not a bonus. Not buying that car." Ethan repeats.

"Oh, come on." Reagan sighs. "We've gotten rid of a ghost before. Remember Coach Ed? We've gotten rid of him, and we can do the same with this ghost. Besides, you need a new car to impress Sarah with."

"I bet the ghoul in the car is probably not even evil," Benny tells him. "Oh, right. So it's one of those happy ghouls. Likes to stick his head out of the window like a ghost dog."

"They have those?"

Their conversation was interrupted as the doorbell rang. Then, Sarah's voice was heard.

"I'm still gonna ask Sarah if she'll come driving with me," Ethan says.

Benny and Reagan snicker. "In what? Your imaginary car?"

Ethan glares at them as he stares into their eyes. "What are you doing?"

"Shooting imaginary laser beams into your head." He answers. "Don't. Stop." Ethan goes over to the front door and opens it, talking to Sarah.

"You gonna take me for a ride?" Reagan overhears Sarah asking Ethan. The boy hesitates before Reagan shouts, "Take her out!"

Ethan glares at the girl before Sarah drags Ethan out the door. Reagan chuckles before turning back to Benny.

"They're so gonna get together soon. I can already see it."

"I hope not," Benny says. "Ethan and I made a bet that he has until the end of the school year to ask Sarah out. The winner gets a hundred bucks, and I'm not taking my chance to lose."

Reagan smiles. "You're such a dork."

*

"Do you think anyone's gonna blame me for what happened with Malcolm yesterday?" Ethan asks his two best friends.

"Nah," Reagan says. "You'll be fine."

As soon as she said it, students jump out of Ethan's way while the three walk through the hallways.

"Could be," Benny says.

Nice." Erica says, she and Sarah at the end of the hall. "Yet another reason for girls to avoid you."

"Sorry about yesterday." Ethan apologizes to Sarah. "Relax. Everyone has accidents. That's why there's insurance."

"But it wasn't me, it was the car. It's possessed for something." Ethan tries to explain.

"Oh, right! It's a ghost car! Vroom..." Erica mimics as she walks away with Sarah. Then, Rory appears in front of them.

"Don't worry, bro. When I first started flying, I rear-ended a 747." He says.

"Dude, this will all blow over soon. I bet it already has." Benny assured him, and Reagan and Rory nod in agreement. "You!"

"You tried to run me over!" Malcolm yells as he's on the other side of the hallway. He made his way to them with his crutches. "I better get my car back by the end of the day or I'm calling the police and I'm going to have your permit revoked. Revoked!"

"Your bandages are leaking." Rory smiles. Rory follows him as Malcolm tries to walk away as fast as he can in crutches.

"Just give him the car, Eth," Reagan tells him.

"I don't have it. The last time I saw it, it was on his front lawn." Ethan explains. "Growling."

"Well, we need to find it," Benny says. "No permit means no practice driving with Sarah. And uh... jail time."

"Bad choice of words, babe," Reagan tells him. "Okay, relax. We'll find it. We'll make it talk."

*

"There you are," Reagan says as she and Benny enter the cafeteria, trying to find Ethan. He was sitting on the sofa. "You missed class."

"I ran the car's registration number. Can you believe it was originally designed to be a racer?" Ethan explains.

"That clunker? I could beat it on my tricycle." Benny remarks.

"Your tricycle has rocket-boosters." Reagan chuckles.

"Check out this old newspaper. Malcolm's grandfather was Manfred Bruner." Ethan shows them the newspaper. "Bruner? As in Bruner Automobiles?"

"That car's been in a bunch of suspicious accidents -- all involving members of his family," Ethan says.

"Wow. Remind me never to be related to Malcolm Bruner." Benny tells them.

"This totally shows that something is going on with that car. Suspicious accidents? I bet that car was possessed back then too." He throws the newspaper down. "This is my get-out-of-jail-free card."

Ethan's phone begins to ring and he picks it up to see Rory calling him. "Hey, Rory. What's up?"

"Did you savagely chew Derek Malvern with your car?"

Reagan's head shot up from the newspaper as she heard Rory on the other line. She and Ethan met each other's eyes. "What? No!"

"This is all Ethan Morgan's fault!" Derek Malvern's voice was heard yelling on Rory's end.

Ethan ends the call with a sigh. "Well, at least we know where the car is."

"The Beatles are coming to town!" Benny reads from the newspaper. "We gotta go!"

*

The three best friends make their way to the parking lot, joined by Rory. Reagan was surprised to see the car in great shape.

"Woah. Creepy car makeover." Benny says.

"I don't get it. This car has been in two accidents since I found it and it looks better than ever." Ethan says in awe about the car. "Maybe one more will get it heated seats!"

"Wow, looking good." Sarah and Erica walk over. "Mmm, smelling good too."

Reagan sniffs the air as she finally knew what the smell was.

"I smell blood. Dibs!" Rory exclaims. He follows the scent of blood and lifts the car's hood, showing the engine.

"The engine is filled with blood," Reagan says as she sees the inside. "I did not see that one coming."

"Blood? Like squirrel blood?" Ethan asks.

"No, it's definitely human." Sarah grins. The four vampires smile and lick their lips.

"A possessed car that runs on blood? That's it, I'm pulling the plug right now." As Ethan grabs the car's engine, he receives a vision. It was interrupted though, as the car zaps him. He slams the hood down, shutting it.

"I think this car's possessed by a vampire. It just bit me." Ethan exclaims.

"Oh, so you're hungry, jalopy face? Well, how about a knuckle sandwich?" Rory punches the hood of the car with his fist, leaving a dent. But a moment later, the car repairs itself, as if there was never a dent.

"It feeds like a vampire. It regenerates like a vampire." Sarah says.

"Well, we'll just tell everyone it's a vampire car. You won't get blamed for anything. Because of insanity." Benny comments.

"I'm not worried about me anymore," Ethan tells him. "We have to stop this car before it hurts anyone else."

The bell rings.

"Later," Benny says, receiving a look from the others. "What? You don't want both prison and detention." He grabs Reagan's hand as the two and the others walk to class.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 82 8
She was lost; secluded from the outside world. She was an individual; not afraid of whom she was destined to be, and sometimes, she was happy. He wa...
26.8K 502 10
"I don't know how you could ever love a vampire..." Rory says sadness in his voice "I do love you Rory..." also y/n uses they/them pronouns but feel...
77.2K 1.5K 28
my babysitters a vampire season 1 oc x rory keaner
152K 4K 23
-MBAV MOVIE- -BOOK 1 "That's the funny thing about twins." The old woman says, shaking her head. "While they are so alike, they couldn't be anymore d...