Ice burn//Adam Banks

By DoWaDiddyDumDo

Bridget Nixon attends Eden Hall with a academic scholarship and they give her a second chance at figure skati... More

Framed
Eden Hall Academy
Cold as Ice
Coach Smirnoff
New Roster
Hans
The Funeral
Banksie
Lost Myself
Bloods and Allies
Robots and blueprints
Country Club
Math Prodigy
Showdown
Kristin's a BIOTCH
Potentially
Bruised
Regionals
Surgery
Falling Hard
Stupid Engagement Ring
I like Switzerland
War Against Riley and Banks
Besides the Warnings
What We Could've Been
Hard Knock Life
Authors Note : Please Read
Im so lonesome I could cry
E-Scape Goat
Nationals
Burnt Out
Not an Update
Fucking Knock
Perfection
Not an update
Maybe Fixed Problems
Ice Burn
Epilogue
Thank You!

Board Meeting

2.1K 29 6
By DoWaDiddyDumDo

On Saturday, the JV hockey team plus Banks attended the board meeting with members of the board and the dean. The varsity hockey team tagged along too. I came as well just to see the look on Rick's face when Bombay comes in and convinces the board to keep the Duck's scholarships.

"Just get over it, Bridget. You lost." Rick whispered to me.

"Do I have a motion for reconsideration?" The dean asked.

The board shook their heads and looked around for any objections in silence.

"I'm sorry, coach, but unless their is a motion from a board member and a second, the decision must stand." The dean finished.

Rick and his boys smirked mischievously at one another. Rick lowered down to my ear. "Don't you ever make a bet with me again, princess. Alright?" He whispered.

Everyone stayed silent. Before anyone could leave, we all heard the door from the room open and close. In came in Coach Bombay with a briefcase. A smirk grew onto my face.

"We aren't done yet, loverboy." I smiled. Ricks eyes grew wide.

"Dean Buckley, members of the board." Bombay greeted. "As a council for Coach Orion and the freshman hockey team, i'm here today to set forth your legal options so that you make the best possible decision for all parties concerned." He exclaimed as he walked down the room.

Bombay glanced at me and smiled. I nodded in exchange.

"Mr. Bombay, this isn't a legal proceeding." The dean claimed.

"Not yet, but i can assure you that it will be." Bombay responded.

"You brought an attorney?" Rick questioned towards me.

"Dont underestimate my abilities, Riley." I crossed my arms.

Bombay handed the dean his briefcase and pulled out the Duck's scholarships from it.

"These scholarships, an offer, became a binding contract upon the signatures of the recipients and acceptance by the ducks." Bombay exclaimed, walking around the room. "They cannot be voided except for cause which, I guarantee you, you have none. Should you decide to pursue their cancellation? I will slap you with an injunction."

A smirk began to grow on my face.

"I will tie this matter up in court for years, until long after these kids go to college, and I will collect damages. I will win." He argued. "Because I am very, very good at what I do."

Everyone began exchanging glances at one another.

"You wanna know why i'm so good?" Bombay asked. "Because I had a good education. You gave it to me, and you gonna give it to these kids."

"This is ridiculous." Rick pleaded.

"We aren't even done yet, sunshine." I smirked.

"Some of you may be snobbish enough to believe that that these ducks don't belong in Eden Hall-."

"They don't." Rick whispered to me.

"Shut the hell up already and let the man finish!" I quietly retorted.

"Let me tell ya, you are dead wrong. These are remarkable you people. You give them their full shot, and I promise you they will succeed. Not only on the ice, but in the classrooms as well." Bombay complimented. "These people are my friends, and I know what they can do."

Bombay walked to the front of the table. "Accordingly, I demand that you reinstate their scholarships, for their benefit and for your own."

Coach Orion shook Bombay's hand and smiled. "I didn't know you were coming." Orion told him.

"A little birdie told me that you guys needed some help." Bombay responded while looking at me.

The room stayed quiet as we waiting for an answer from the board. Finally, a blonde lady from the front of the table spoke up. "I move that the scholarships be reinstated." She sighed.

Smiled began to grow on people's faces.

"Is there a second?" The dean asked.

One man raised a hand. "All in favor?" The dean asked again. One by one, more and more board members began to raise their hands.

I grinned widely as some of the varsity boys began to sigh in disappointment.

The dean smiled. "Scholarships reinstated!"

Everyone began to cheer, even me.

"Yes! I'm free!" I yelled as if I was being held hostage under Ricks love for me. Which he was.

"I guess i'll write you a check for one thousand dollars." Rick groaned.

I held my finger up to his face. "No no, I take cash."

Rick glared at me then faced his teammates. He rounded them up and they began collecting their money.

"Okay we got ten, twenty, thirty, thirty-five-."

"Oop, you missed coles twenty." I pointed out. Rick glared at me.

"Fifty five, sixty five, eighty five, one hundred and five..."

They eventually gave me all the money that they had on them, and Rick told me that he would give me the rest once he gets it. At the moment, I had 465 dollars all in cash. It was a beautiful sight.

I walked into the hall and stood next to the ducks. Rick and his boys stopped them in the middle of the hall as everyone was exiting.

"Congratulations, on destroying our school." Rick retorted.

"Hey look, it's our school too." Kenny said.

"It's everyone's school, you stupid jock." Linda intervened.

"No, it'll never be your school, don't you get it! Your our own little affirmative action, brought in color to entertain us, but you couldn't even do that." Rick fought. Rick glared at me. "Nixon's fancy lawyer kept you in on a technicality."

Everyone looked at me. "Rick, you still owe me like 600 dollars-."

"Shut up, Nixon." Rick snapped. "You ducks will never belong. Your just a bunch of rejects living on a free ride."

"Free ride? Look at you rick boy. Mommy and daddy gave you everything, huh?" Russ retorted.

"JV vs Varsity game is on Friday." Rick reminded. That's when we will show the whole school what a joke you guys really are! Then maybe you'll leave on your own."

Rick tried to touch Charlie's suit. "It'd be the honorable thing to do." Charlie slapped Ricks hand.

"You guys had an unfair advantage last time," Charlie started. "You had one of us; Banksie."

"Keep him. He never had a heart of a warrior anyway." Rick chuckled.

"Neither did you." I said under my breath.

"What'd you say, Princess?" Rick asked suspiciously.

"Oh well it's not like you had a heart in the first place." I stated out loud.

"Let me inform ya, my father said I can be a very lovable man. Looks like you never took advantage of that, huh."

"Don't believe everything your daddy tells you!" Julie snapped.

"Yeah, like when he says your good at hockey." I retorted. Everyone looked at me in shock. The ducks snickered a little bit as Rick glared at me.

"I am so sorry. Ignore what I said." I giggled awkwardly. I knew that Rick was probably gonna strangle me with a hockey stick or something. "You know what, to make you feel better, I'll just keep the 465 dollars and you don't have to pay me the rest of the 635. Does that sound okay to you?" I stuttered.

Rick kept on glaring at me and I just giggled awkwardly. "Whatever." Rick scoffed.

"Oh biff, one more thing," Russ said. "After we beat you, warriors die and the ducks fly."

"Anything you say, loser. Hmm." He and his boys then walked away as if they owned the place.

"Great going guys, you made them even madder." Averman said.

"Bridget, that was freakin hilarious what you said." Connie laughed out loud.

I stood their in disbelief. "I can't believe I told him that he doesn't need to give me the rest of the $635." I looked at Connie. "I was so excited to receive my full 1,000 dollars."

"1 thousand dollars? Why would he give you that much?" Charlie asked.

"We had a bet on who would win at that board meeting. I won, but I didn't get all my money." I sighed.

"A bet?" Julie questioned.

"Yes, Julie a bet. That's how i make a profit. Profits get you rich. I like rich. I like money; I like things." I explain. "Now I only have $465 dollars instead of $1,000."

"You must be very materialistic." Guy said.

"Trust me, Guy. I am." I smirked. "But be glad that I called Bombay for ya. I pretty much saved your asses." I giggled.

"For the bet?" Russ wondered.

I looked at him in all seriousness. "Out of empathy. I couldn't imagine loosing my scholarship for no reason at all." I explained. "In all seriousness, bet money and the broken relationship was just a bonus."

"I fucking love you!" Julie squealed and hugged me.

As we hugged I mad eye contact with Adam. No reason in particular, but we just smiled at each other.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.5K 130 16
Clove Madden was a freshman going into Eden Hall. Her brother's best friends Rick Riley, Scooter, And Cole were all on the varsity hockey team waitin...
52K 705 24
They've known each other for years. He's liked her from the moment he met her. She's an entirely different story. Freshman year is throwing them for...
96.6K 1.3K 24
"It's starting to seem like you're going too fast on purpose, Banks. If you wanted to be on top of me, you could find other ways to do it." "Shut it...
35.8K 644 25
SEQUEL TO SONGBIRD, READ THAT FIRST Wren returns to Illinois as the Ducks are granted scholarships to Eden Hall. Wren struggles with returning to he...