His Secret Mermaid ✓

By atlas-carter

[COMPLETED] ***READ THE NON-KPOP VERSION OF THIS STORY @atlas_carter*** "H-Hey! Watch it! I don't wan... More

His Secret Mermaid
Prologue
Chapter 1: Hermit Crab
Chapter 2: Gold Coin
Chapter 3: Late Night At The Beach
Chapter 4: Puffer-Fish
Chapter 5: The Scale
Chapter 6: Hyung, Can You Keep A Secret?
Chapter 7: My Name Is Jungkook
Chapter 8: New Shell
Chapter 9: Exchanging Gifts
Chapter 10: Potato Chips
Chapter 11: Promise Me
Chapter 12: A Story Of The Hyungs
Chapter 13: Night Exploration
Chapter 14: Her Past
Chapter 15: Girlfriend Suspicion
Chapter 16: Live With Jk & Jhope
Chapter 17: Kiss Of Hidden Feelings
Chapter 19: Moon Pool
Chapter 20: Siren's Seduction
Chapter 21: Oceana
Chapter 22: The Solution
Chapter 23: Secret Of A Mermaid
Chapter 24: Jealousy In Run BTS [P1]
Chapter 25: Underwater Fun In Run BTS [P2]
Chapter 26: She Is Different
Chapter 27: Hyung Kissed Y/N [P1]
Chapter 28: Siren Moon Pool [P2]
Chapter 29: Beware The Sirens
Chapter 30: Farewell Sirens
Chapter 31: Hint Of Flirtation
Chapter 32: The Picture
Chapter 33: Striking a Deal
Chapter 34: Dr. Kai [P1]
Chapter 35: Mission Retrieve The Vile [P2]
Chapter 36: Explanations
Chapter 37: A Warning From Dr. Kai
Chapter 38: The Kidnap [P1]
Chapter 39: The Rescue [P2]
Chapter 40: Oceana's Secret
Chapter 41: Sirens In The News
Chapter 42: Sirens' Disappearance
Chapter 43: Who Is Dr Kai?
Chapter 44: Blame
Chapter 45: You Are Being Sued
Chapter 46: A Hint Of Purple
Chapter 47: Mutual Feelings
Chapter 48: Y/N & Oceana Are Coming Back [P1]
Chapter 49: Vengeful Scientist [P2]
Chapter 50: Let Me Save You One Last Time [P3]
Epilogue
End Of Story Author's Note

Chapter 18: The Sirens' Return

518 30 1
By atlas-carter

After a long scolding from his worried and angry hyungs, Jungkook was on watch for the day once again. When he had returned to the dorms from the beach, his hyungs asked him where he was and why he wasn't answering his phone. There was also the case of why he was all wet when we arrived. Yet, with all the questions, he answered them vaguely, not giving any hints to the fact that he had gone to the beach to see Y/N. He simply answered that after what happened at the restaurant, he wanted to be alone and decided to go for a walk. He added that he ended up at the beach and stayed there for a bit to calm down since he had found a spot that was quiet and not surrounded by others. The others seemed to buy that, but they still were suspicious.

He then chose to change the subject by asking them how things went with the group of girls. They had told them that the girls were delightful and so sweet, which seemed to surprise Jungkook because the vibe that he got from them was the opposite.

They were once again working on new lyrics for their upcoming album, so they were all sitting on the couch with notebooks out and pens.

"I think this verse should go here," Yoongi stated as he pointed to some lyrics that he wrote and showed the others. The others nodded in agreement to that.

"Yeah, it'll fit better with the tune of the song," Namjoon agreed as he jotted down some more lyrics. As they continued to work on the lyrics, there was a knock on the door. All at once, the members jolted up from their seats while Jungkook remained seated on the ground.

"Who's that?" Jungkook asked raising an eyebrow, curious as to who would make his hyungs all stand up eruptly.

"Oh, right, we forgot to tell you, but we invited those girls from the restaurant over," Taehyung mentioned with his usual boxy smile. The younger one's eyes went wide at this as he stood up quickly.

"Say what?! Why?!" He asked his hyungs in disbelief.

"Because we thought it would be nice to show them around," Hoseok answered with a bright smile.

"Yeah, but it would be considered nice to show them around the city instead, don't you think?" Jungkook asked with a perplexed expression on his face, "I mean, why would they want to see the dorm? It's not exactly nice looking, there's dirty dishes in the sink, we have crumbs from food all over the ground, and clothes are spread everywhere. Do you really want them to see all of that?" His hyungs seemed to think about what he said making him feel slightly relieved until they shrugged.

"I don't think they'll mind," Seokjin voiced with a shrug as he and the others went towards the door. This caused Jungkook's jaw to drop in shock and he followed after them swiftly.

"Well, I mind!" He hollered as he stood in front of them with crossed arms. His hyungs sighed in exasperation at him.

"Jungkook, listen, we know that you're scared of girls," Yoongi remarked as he looked at the youngest with a knowing look.

"I am not afraid of girls!" Jungkook protested as an annoyed look crossed his face, "I just... don't really like those girls.."

"Why not? How could you not like those girls? What about them do you not like?" Jimin asked in confusion as he stared at the youngest wondering if something was screwed up with his head.

"I don't know! I just get a bad vibe from them," Jungkook responded as he scratched the back of his head awkwardly. His hyungs all glanced at each other before sighing and looking back at him. Jimin slung his arm over Jungkook's shoulder and squeezed him firmly.

"That sounds an awful like an excuse to cover up that you're actually afraid of girls," Jimin stated with a teasing grin before he ruffled the younger one's hair, "Hey, look, it's ok. We get it. It's hard to act manly and confident in front of beautiful, sexy women like them, but this will be great practice." Jungkook glared at his hyung and shoved him away.

"Oh for the love of god! I'm not afraid of girls! I just don't like those girls specifically!" He bellowed with an irritated look. His hyungs looked at him with looks that told him that they didn't believe him making him sigh. "Aish, whatever! I'm leaving then if they're going to be here and don't let them go in my room!" Jungkook went to put his shoes on, but his hyungs stopped him.

"No, you're staying right here with us," Namjoon instructed in a firm tone.

"I'd really rather not though," Jungkook answered with hopeful eyes.

"Fine, you can go only if you admit that you're scared of girls," Jimin said with a teasing smirk. The younger one's eyes widened at that before he frowned at the request. As much as he wanted to leave and even though he wasn't scared of girls, he didn't want to hurt his pride. He sighed and rolled his eyes as he stopped getting ready to leave. The others all grinned victoriously as they all rushed to the door. Jungkook watched with confusion at seeing his hyungs fighting to open the door while he stood there with his arms crossed.

Once the door was finally open, the members were greeted by flirtatious smiles. The group of girls from the restaurant were let into the dorm and the members gathered around them, except for Jungkook who stood at a distance.

"Welcome to our dorm girls," Seokjin welcomed the girls with his usual charming smile.

"Thank you, it's so big," one of the girls commented with a look of awe. The girls all nodded in agreement to that.

"So, where are your rooms?" A different girl asked with a sexy gleam in her eyes as she pressed herself up against Taehyung, who bit his lip. Jungkook watched as the other girls did the same to the other members and rolled his eyes.

"They're right down this hallway," Taehyung responded with a flirty wink back. The girl clinging to him giggled at that and pulled him along down the hallway. Jungkook scoffed at that as he walked over to the couch and plopped himself down. He grabbed the game controller, readying himself to play some video games until one of the girls took it from him and sat beside him, sending him flirtatious looks.

"Um... can I have that back please?" He asked feeling uncomfortable under her seductive stare. She didn't answer for a moment as she scooted closer to him, her hand running up his arm. He shivered at the feeling and pulled his arm away. He tried to grab the controller out of the girl's hands, but she threw it to the other side of the room. "Hey! Those are expensive!"

"Sh~ and listen to me closely," the girl whispered in an alluring voice as she pressed her finger to his lips and grinned. He made a weird face at her and brought his face back. To his surprise, the girl suddenly began to sing. "Ah~ ooh~ listen~ listen to this song~." Jungkook's eyes widened slightly as he listened to the song. He glanced to the side and noticed the other girls joining in on the singing. He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. He had no idea what was going on or why these girls suddenly started singing. He observed his hyungs' reactions and saw that they all had dreamy looks in their eyes as they stared at the girls with smiles. It was strange for him to see this behaviour from his hyungs and even more so of the lyrics that these girls were singing. Then something occurred to him.

"Oh~! Now I get it!" His voice rang out loudly, interrupting the girls and stopping them from singing. They all glanced at him weirdly. "You girls want to be idols too and are hoping that we'll help you sign a deal with BigHit." The girls all looked at each other with questioning looks, including the girl who was just sitting next to him. "I mean, if that's what you wanted then you should have just asked. You girls have great voices, so I'm sure that BigHit will want you girls as trainees." Hearing all of this, the girls gathered together and the girl sitting beside him stood up, walking over to the others.

"Why isn't he in a trance like the others are?" One of them asked curiously and worriedly. Trance? Jungkook was confused when he heard that term. Why wasn't he in a trance like the others were? He didn't know. Was he supposed to be in a trance like state? He scratched his head, trying to understand what they were talking about.

"I don't know, it's like he's immune," another one mumbled to the others as she and the others all cast a glance at Jungkook, who analyzed them with a raised eyebrow before getting up.

"Right, anyways..., I'm going to go now," he announced awkwardly and nervously as slowly walked towards the door, casting glances here and there at the group of girls who stared right back at him. When he reached the door, he put his shoes on then left the dorm. As he began to walk away, he could hear the girls starting to sing again and he worried about his hyungs, but he didn't want to go back in there, not while those girls were still in there.

He sighed as he walked further away from the dorms and found himself walking along the beach once again. He walked and walked, every now and then glancing back at the dorms until he reached the spot that he always comes to. He sat down on the sand and waited for Y/N as always. He then remembered what had happened yesterday and his eyes widened. He touched his lips with his finger, remembering the passionate kiss, making him feel shy.

All night last night, he had been thinking about the kiss and what it meant. Deep down, he knew exactly what it meant, but was his heart ready to admit it yet or maybe he was scared to admit it. Either way, it made him flustered thinking about it since it was his first time kissing a girl so passionately like that. He was glad though that Y/N had kissed him back just as passionately.

Lost in his thoughts, he hadn't even noticed Y/N appear before him. She stared at him, admiring his features until finally he noticed her stare and he looked at her, smiling.

"What are you thinking about?" She asked curiously and shyly as she tried to rid herself of the shyness, so that she could look him in the eyes.

"Just thinking about something," he responded awkwardly as he bit his lip nervously. He had lied, but he was too shy to admit that he was thinking about the kiss they shared. Y/N stared at him seeming to know that he was lying, so he quickly changed the subject. "Yesterday and today have been a bit weird. There's these group of girls who I just get really uneasy around for some reason."

"Oh? Why's that?" Y/N asked curiously as she sat beside him on the sand, leaving only the half of her tail in the water.

"Honestly, I don't know. There's just something about them that doesn't sit right with me. Like, they're super flirty and... I don't know how to explain it, but I just get this chill that runs up my spine whenever they're around," he explains briefly as he gives a slight shiver. Y/N listened carefully, not interrupting him at all. "The hyungs and I met them at this restaurant that we went to yesterday and I kind of blew up at the hyungs and then came to the beach. Then this morning, the hyungs tell me that they invited the girls over to the dorms to show them around, which I thought was super weird, but whatever I had to sit through it for a bit. Then out of the blue, these girls just start singing and my hyungs have these dreamy looks in their eyes. It was just bizarre, so I took the chance given to me and bolted out of there and now I'm here." When he was done rambling, he glanced at Y/N who looked at him for a moment, processing what he had said before an uneasy expression washed over her face.

"These girls... you said they started singing right?" She asked uncertain. He nodded in response to that.

"Yeah and I mean, don't get me wrong, they had beautiful voices, but it was so random," he proclaimed with an awkward chuckle. Y/N nodded in understanding as she sighed and bit her lip before looking at him straight in the eyes.

"Did their song start with—listen, listen to this song?" She asked with a serious look on her face. He nodded slowly making her sigh again. "Well, it appears that you've met my siren pod." When these words leave her mouth, Jungkook's eyes widen and his jaw drops. He couldn't believe what he was hearing.

"Whoa wait... what?! Your siren pod?!" He asked in disbelief. Y/N nodded in response.

"Yeah, that song that they sang is an ancient siren song that sirens use to lure humans, mainly males to them," she explained shortly with a tense look. Jungkook nodded in understanding as he tried to process this. It then dawned on him as to why his hyungs had these dreamy looks in their eyes when the group of girls started to sing. "Usually when sirens sing that song to humans, especially males then those males immediately go into a trance like state and will appear love struck."

"Ok, but if that's the case then how come I'm not in a trance like state?" He asked questions filling his confused and overwhelming head. Y/N shrugged at that.

"I don't know. Maybe you're immune to it or maybe you're not really a guy," she suggested with a shrug. Jungkook frowned at that.

"I am too a guy! I look like a guy and I have male body parts!" He exclaimed with a scowl as he gestured to his body.

"Sorry, I had to ask," Y/N responded with an apologetic look as she sighed a bit, "I don't know why you weren't affected, but I suppose it's a good thing." She then went quiet as she looked out to the sea. Jungkook said nothing more as he continued to sit beside her. He wanted to ask her more questions, but he knew that finding out that her siren pod had returned was probably overwhelming for her to hear after she hadn't seen them for 50 years. After a few minutes, Y/N broke the silence. "I was going to say that it's weird for them to be here, but now that I think about it, it's not weird that they've returned."

"What do you mean?" Jungkook asked tilting his head in confusion. Y/N sighed as she glanced at him.

"They return here once every year," she answered, earning a surprised look from Jungkook, who was about to ask why, but she sent him a look telling him that she would explain, "They return here once every year to go there." She then looked out into the distance and pointed to what seemed to be a small island. "It's an island called 사이렌, which means siren, and it has this cave in the very middle of it with a moon pool in it because cave has a hole at the top where the moon can shine down into the cave and onto the pool, so it's called a moon pool. The island has been there for a long time and so has the moon pool. In fact, that's where the pod originated from." Jungkook nodded in understanding to that, but he was still a bit confused, so Y/N continued. "It was once used as a place to create new sirens."

"Wait, so you're saying that if you go there and go into the moon pool that you'll become a siren?" Jungkook asked in shock, but his shock disappeared when Y/N shook her head making him more confused.

"No, the moon pool doesn't have that kind of power," she said with a light giggle.

"What? But you just said that it was once used as a place to create new sirens," Jungkook argued as he tried to wrap his head around what Y/N was trying to explain to him.

"It is in a way, but it's mainly for ritualistic purposes. Usually when a new siren is created then the pod will go there to celebrate in a way or do an initiation of sorts. But no, going to the island and going into the moon pool doesn't make you turn into a siren," Y/N persisted with an amused expression.

"Ok, so how do you get turned into a siren then?" Jungkook asked curiously as he felt the waves splash his toes. Y/N opened her mouth, but then closed it again as she looked away. Jungkook went quiet. He remembered back when Y/N was so hesitant to tell him about her past. It seemed that this was another thing that Y/N was hesitant to tell him about.

"I'll tell you another time," she voiced with an awkward smile as she cleared her throat, "Anyways, the sirens usually come back once every year to spend a night in the cave in the moon pool while the full moon is up. I never really understood why, but it's like a sacred place to sirens and the pod. They usually return around this time, so it's not surprising that they're here. What is surprising is that they've already tried put you and your friends under their spell."

"Yeah, is there anyway to like stop them? You know, from putting my hyungs in a trance like state?" Jungkook asked with hopeful eyes, but sighed in disappointment when Y/N shook her head.

"Sorry Jungkook, but not every human can have the immunity of the siren song," she retorted with a shrug, "But do be careful of them. Even though you may be immune to their singing, they are powerful and they can hurt you." Jungkook gave a firm nod of understanding.

"I'll be careful, thanks for worrying," he thanked her as he took her hands in his and held them gently in his. This action surprised her as she stared wide eyed at her hands in his before she smiled shyly and warmly at him. They stared at each other both pleasant smiles on their faces before the memories of their kiss flooded their brains and they quickly let go of each other's hands, looking away embarrassed. "So..., just wondering, if they're sirens then how come they don't have tails like you and also, if they return here once every year then why don't you ever talk to them?"

"Truth be told, most sirens nowadays have the ability to grow tails in water and grow legs on land. I, unfortunately, do not have that ability," Y/N replied with a shrug, "As for why I don't talk to them, I told you a little while back of my past and how they banished me from the pod. Well, let's just say that the word banished to them means that even if you see them that technically means that you can't talk to them."

"Oh, wow.. harsh," Jungkook responded with a bewildered expression. Y/N nodded in agreement to that before letting out a lighthearted giggle.

"It's ok though, I'm not exactly that sad about it. I have much more freedom than I did when I was with them," she answered as she looked at him, placing her hand on top of his that was on the sand. He glanced at her hand then glanced up at her face to see her a kind smile spread across it. "Besides, I got to meet you." He bit his lip at that as he tried to contain the deep joy rising within him. He took in a deep breath as held her hand. "Tomorrow, I can show you the moon pool."

"Ok," he said with a small nod and a gentle smile as he reached up and stroked her cheek, "I should head back and make sure those sirens aren't doing anything weird to my hyungs." Y/N giggled at that and nodded in response.

"Good idea. Make sure you bring your swim suit next time to come to visit," she hummed with a smile as she let go of his hand. She got back into the water until only her head was out while Jungkook stood up. "Bye~ Jungkook."

"Bye Y/N~," Jungkook said as he waved to her just as she dove under the water and out of sight. Once she was gone, he headed back to the dorms and was relieved to see that the group of girls, that he had now known to be Y/N's siren pod, were gone from the dorm and that his hyungs seemed back to normal.

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Hey everyone!

So, here is another chapter! I hope you all liked it!

Yep, you guessed it right if you thought that the group of girls that were introduced in the previous chapter were Y/N's siren pod! Omg, they're back and who knows what havoc they're going to cause while visiting. You'll have to wait and see in the chapters to come. ;P

Anyways, please vote and comment if you liked this.

Stay tuned for the next chapter coming out soon! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6K 602 14
"Let the waters guide you... just as Selene guides them..." "You've been away long enough... It's time to come home.." All Y/n wanted out of her dull...
29.7K 1.2K 63
Feelings between two people always start to grow. It's a natural phenomenon. You can't stop it. There will be things standing in their way. All they...
29.8K 898 17
Stating her opinion, she was about to walk away when Jungkook held her wrist halting her steps and pinned her to the nearest wall. Jungkook: "My Darl...
1.2M 52.6K 60
(21+ ONLY) "I WAS SOLD" Three little words that stole my life.... The guard pushed her to the front, "bow to your new master" "NO!" She glared. "If s...