Ode to the old us - Tsukkishi...

By OwlBee_writing

'Friends have a tendency to Leave. Fathers too, apparently. So will you stay with me? Until the sun has burnt... More

1. Tall glass of salt water
3. An anomaly
4. A misunderstanding
5. Someone like you
6. Glad I met you
7. 'Happy...'
8. The storm
9. The date
10. Flowers...
11. Valentiles special
12. Training camp
13. Vanilla
14. The end <3
Part two
1. For probably always.
2. Okay isn't happy.
3. Moving on..
4. Daffodils and azaleas
5. I've missed you
6. Repetition or relplacement
7. Everlasting
8. not-quite-love story
9. You'll only leave tomorrow šŸ‹
10. Tomorrow
11. A heart like yours
12. Ode to the old us (epilogue)

2. A walk in the park

2.1K 58 123
By OwlBee_writing

[Authors note: this chapter is gonna be longer than the last.
might put some light  ✨ a n g s t✨
in eventually but I still want to keep the story pretty light and fluffy for this chapter ❤️]

[Friday night//after school]

You walked aimlessly around the park that was down the street from your house. The peaceful dark surrounding you. thinking about nothing but your interaction with the beanpole earlier that day.
'Should I text him? We just talked a few hours ago though... I mean it's not like I'm interested in him or anything!
Just asking about a study da-
...
a study session, that's all. it'll be fine!'
————————————————————
Tsukki was relaxing in his room when his phone lit up with the notification that much to his dismay, he had been hoping to receive since he met the strange girl earlier that day.

Study date <3: beanpole! can you meet me tomorrow for the study session?

Seeing the text made him strangely happy...
'Should I mess with her?' He wondered, as he started typing his reply.
—————————————————————
'Why can't I stop thinking about him'

Images of the 6'2" salt shaker raced through your mind as you walked around the park.
Every time you thought about him you were filled with a mix of annoyance and curiosity. 

You're phone dinged, making you jump a bit. You had a text from Tsukkishima...
Your heart started to race as you picked up your phone.
'...He replied already?'

Beanpole ✨🙄: tomorrow works, can't wait to see you for our date, and don't forget the cake. Here's my address.
1234 beanpole drive.

'Date... date?! Why does he keep calling it that? what do I even reply to that?!
Is he just trying to mess with me or does he actually think it's a date? what do I do?!'

You paced around the park trying to think of a reply, and eventually it hit you. if he's gonna tease you, you can do the same.
—————————————————————-
Tsukkishima was proud of himself, he couldn't see you but he knew that he had you flustered.

'She read that 10 minutes ago and still hasn't responded, I must have really gotten to her'

Though his prideful inner monologue was short lived, interrupted by the sound of his phone buzzing.

Study date <3: wonderful, see you at our study date darling. and don't worry I won't forget the cake. :)

'darling...'
Tsukki felt his face heat up. Looking in the mirror he saw a light pink dusting his cheeks...

'What is this girl doing to me..?'
—————————————————————
Tsukki never replied to your text, and you walked home happily knowing you could tease him too.

[Saturday morning]

You were once again walking around the park aimlessly. This time to clear your mind, and get rid of stress regarding your study date. which was now only an hour away. You were caught off guard when you heard a familiar voice call out from behind you.

"hey, darling" tsukki emphasized the second word.

"beanpole?! What are you doing here?"
"I was just bored so I came here to relax, what about you?" He replied
" I'm just clearing my mind..."

'Clearing mind of you... ugh why'd you have to come here and-'
"Something on your mind dear?"
Tsukki, who was now walking alongside you, interrupted your thought.
Your face felt hot as you heard the nickname.

"Nothing at all, and will you stop with the stupid nicknames?!"
"hey you started the whole nickname thing, I'm just playing along darling."
It was more than obvious he was getting quite a kick out of making you flustered.

You stopped walking and looked up at Tsukki who was now smirking at you.
You were about to say something when you froze.
'I can't think of a comeback.'
Still staring into tsukkis amber eyes, you felt your face heating and turned to walk away. Speeding up your pace in hopes of leaving him behind.
As you walked away you heard him speak softly.  "see you later darling~"
—————————————————————
'Damnit beanpole! I only called you that to get back at you, and now you're using it against me.'

You get back home still a bit flustered from your interaction with saltyshima.

'Iv never struggled to find words like that before'

Remembering the study date, you started going through outfits in your mind. trying to figure out what to wear.

'Should I dress for a date? He does keep calling it a date... no he's just doing that to mess with me...... I'll keep it simple but nice...'

After getting ready, you headed to his house, slightly worried for what's to come. Gently rapping on the door, you heard a voice from the other side.
"be right there!"

'That doesn't sound like beanpole...'

The door opens revealing a guy who stood not much shorter than tsukkishima.

"How can I help you?" He asked.

"Oh uh, I'm here to see saltyshima. he's helping me study."

'Saltyshima...?' Akiteru found the nickname a touch odd.

"Oh kei is in his room. he probably didn't hear your knock, I swear he never takes those headphones off. I'll go get him for you!"
"Thank you" you smiled and gave a polite bow
'Is that really Tsukkishimas brother? He's so... nice.'
You looked around Tsukkis house, It was nicer than you expected.

"Oi" there's that salty tone of voice again.
"Hey salt lamp." you say with a smirk.
'Salt lamp? Thats a new one...' he thought.
He rolled his eyes at your nickname.
"This way." He started walking to his room.
You followed him, a bit curious as to how the salt shaker himself would decorate his room. Unsure what to expect you walked in.

'There are dinosaur figurines everywhere! that's... weirdly adorable'

"Woah under that salt rock exterior you're a closeted dinosaur nerd!"
"Shut up! dinosaurs are cool."
"Ok saltyshima." You muttered sarcastically.
Tsukkishima walked towards you, backing you up a bit into the wall.
He put his hand on the wall besides your face and hovered over you, moving slightly closer.
"Did you bring it?" He said flatly.
Your face was painted a deep crimson..
"B-bring what?"

"The cake"

"Oh r-right! yeah, it's right here."
You hand him the box and he backs away, setting it on the table.
Although your heart was still racing.
'Why the fuck did he have to kabedon me like that?! he could have just asked normally!'

"How are we supposed to study if you can't be near me without getting flustered"
he said it so casually... it's as if he were just asking about the weather.
"I'm not flustered..."
"You're face is red and I can hear your heart pounding out of your chest, am I supposed to think that happens around everyone?" He smirked.
"Shut up saltyshima I'm not flustered!"

You sat down next you him and looked through your books, forgetting you had asked him to tutor you.
You started writing notes, not a hint of struggle or confusion on your face.
tsukkishima was smiling and looking at you.
"Why are you staring at me beanpole?"
"You said you needed help with class work but you don't seem to be struggling in the slightest..."

'Fuck...' You tried to think of an excuse but your train of thought was cut off by Tsukkishima.
"So you really did just want a study date, hm?" He teased
"Shut up and look at your work saltyshima."

[time skip//1 hour]

You've been studying with tsukkishima for a while in relative silence. Nearing the end of your work, you reached a question you didn't understand.
'Did I miss this class or something?'
"Tsukki, I don't really get this one."
You looked over to tsukki and saw his face go red

'Tsukki... she's never called me by my name before.'
"O-oh uh... that's easy, here."
He explained how to do the work, it sounded simple coming from him.
"Wow... you don't suck at teaching as bad as I thought you would."
"Is that supposed to be a compliment?" he looked at you slightly annoyed.
"Absolutely!" You smiled.
'Cute...' he thought, his cheeks once again dusted with pink.

[end of chapter 2]

Authors note: wOah ok finished chapter two
I think I'll keep going with this story even if I don't get any readers
It's fun 🥰

Anyways I hope you enjoyed, thanks for reading!❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

647K 32.5K 60
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...
4.1K 78 8
You never know when things begin and when it ends. And just when you thought it was all over. (Important: do not repost, steal or copy my work, plea...
50.1K 412 23
"i will love you even after the universe falls apart." - where i write a series of short stories about the boys in the anime/manga haikyuu. mainly f...
5.4K 179 13
Thasmin fanfic. Set in Victorian London, and New York the pair develop a relationship whilst going on the search for Jack the Ripper.