The Secrets We Keep [Spencer...

Por SpookyDrReid

Spencer is missing and it's up to the BAU to get him back. But when her and the team digs up information on h... Más

*READ ME FIRST*
Intro
PLEASE READ
Happiness Doesn't Live Here...
A Drive
In The Field
The Secrets We Keep
Spencer Fucking Reid
The Lies You Told
A Vipers Bite
When It Falls Apart
Meant To Be?
Not Over
The Gun Safe
Diamonds Or Paper For Forever?
Fifteen Minutes
The Rival
Her Father
He Loves Her
Safe and Sound
Promises
The Caregiver
Spencers Suprise
The Tape
500 years
Our Rightful Place
Nights Alone
Rough Cases
Rougher Sex
Nothing To Say
Shots Fired
Try Me
... And In The End
Epilogue
The Engagement
The Pregnancy
Check Out My Other Fics!

The Alpha

6.5K 132 505
Por SpookyDrReid

Avoiding your mother has been easier than it's ever been. After the incident with Cash, she sent you a text, letting you know you were no longer apart of the family. Your siblings following suit. If you were being honest, you were grateful. You hadn't felt an ounce of guilt for pulling that trigger. But at the same time, the fact that you didn't feel guilty scared the shit out of you.

Charges couldn't be made due to the act of self-defense. It also helped that your father, Richie, owned half of the police department, which meant the incident 'didn't exist.' You were forced to tell Emily, who didn't reprimand you. Instead, she pulled you into a hug.

So here you were, back at the BAU in the round table room being briefed on a new case that had come in. Women were being murdered black dahlia style.

"It's obviously a copy cat. That murder happened in 1947." JJ pointed out.

You were only half listening, your mind racing of the events from the past few weeks. It was all weighing heavily on you and add wedding planning on top of that, and you were toast. You were both mentally, and physically exhausted.

Spencer, who was sitting next to you, clearly seemed to notice your zoned-out expression because he placed his hand on your thigh, squeezing it gently. You turned to look at him, shooting him a halfhearted smile.

He'd felt guilty after the incident. That's what you'd resulted to calling it. He had probably apologized to you seven hundred times in the past two weeks. He kept saying it was all his fault. How you didn't deserve to be disowned because of his life choices. But you'd reassured him that you'd chose him every time.

"Wheels up, in twenty." Emily muttered closing her file. You blinked at few times realizing how much you'd really missed.

Spencer pulled you into him as you both stood, "Tennessee. Three women killed like the dahlia cold case. Copycat. Keeps them for five days. Vanessa Trenton reported missing 24 hours ago. Abducted from a bus stop. Ransom note sent to her family." He whispered to you. You nodded, silently thanking him for catching you up.

He pulled back, his hands coming to your face, "I love you. You know that right?"

You nodded, "of course, Spence."

...

You felt more refreshed after touching down in Tennessee. You'd manage to get some shut eye on the plane, Spencers hands running through your hair as you slept. He was truly your soulmate. You were so grateful for his ability to read you at moments like these.

He took your hand as you stepped off the plane and didn't let go until you were situated in the black gov. issued SUVs. For once, there was enough for two people per car, as well as each agent getting their own hotel rooms. That's what happens when you save the senators daughter from a serial killer.

"What's on your mind, fluff." Spencer suddenly asks as he gets in the drivers seat.

"Nothing, Spence?" You cringed internally at how unconvincing your sounded.

He let out a small chuckle, "come on, babe. Don't pull that shit with me. Did you forget I'm the better profiler between the two of us?" He waved between the two of you as he spoke.

You let out a small laugh, pushing his shoulder jokingly. "I'm just tired, Spence. That's all." Which was partly true. You thought being disowned wasn't going to be all that bad, but your slowly being proven wrong.

Deep down you knew why you still craved your mothers love and approval. It was human nature. But at the same time, you were constantly infuriated with the way they treated Spencer. Add on top of that the fact that everyone, including your siblings, thought Spencer got what was coming for him, you were a mess. No one believed you when you tried to explain how Cash was clearly a part of the gangs your mother tried her hardest to run from. You can never run from the mafia. It was impossible, and you were furious for her ignorance to that idea.

Spencer reached over, tangling his long digits with yours. You shot him a smile, pulling up the latest crime scene. Spencer put the car in park, turning so he was fully facing you.

"Listen to me, I know these past few weeks have been hard on you." His thumb drew random lines on the back of your hand as he spoke, "add on all you've went through this past year, and it's easy to see why you're so tired. But here you are, doing it. And I'm so proud of you for that. It will all work itself out, fluff. I promise. I'm sorry the role I've played in your stress. All I want is for you to be unbelievably happy. And I'll spend forever making that up to you."

You wiped the tears that were steadily falling down your cheeks, "then it's good thing we're getting married, hmm?" You joked, both of you letting out a small laugh as Spencer placed a tender kiss to your lips.

"Let's catch a killer." Spencer nodded, hopping out of the car and making his way hand and hand with you to the crime scene.

...

Three days into this case and there were zero leads. Why couldn't cities just buy working fucking cameras? None of these women have ever crossed paths, not one even had a bank account at the same bank.

Spencer stood in front of his map, his fingers mindlessly moving as he thought. You couldn't help to wonder what went through his mind, and how on Earth he could just simply zone out like that.

He looked ethereal today. Navy blue was this mans color, and you made a mental note to force him to wear navy for the wedding. His face now covered in a deep shadow from the stubble growing. His hair was a mess from his hands constantly pulling at it.

You sat in the chair to his left, slightly behind him. You sipped your coffee as you watched his eyes scan over the board in front of him. You couldn't help but imagine your fingers running through his beautiful locks, or his hand wrapped around your-

"Y/N?" Spencer snapped his fingers in front of your face, trying to get your attention.

"Huh? What?" You grumbled, sitting up straighter to appear to be listening.

Spencer shook his head, laughing lightly. "I said, are you hungry? Someone just brought in a shit ton of fruit and bagels and stuff." Did you mention this man was the literal love of your life?

"Starved! I'll go get it. Do you want anything?" Spencer shook his head, but you decided you'd grab him something, so you didn't have to watch him eat the shit off of your plate. You gave him a chaste kiss as you stood, making your way over to the array of food.

You grabbed a plate, your eyes scanning as you decided what you wanted to eat, delicately placing little pieces of fruit on your plate, taking extra so Spencer could steal if he wanted too.

As you were placing a bagel in the toaster, one of the deputies came over. You internally rolled your eyes, knowing what was most likely coming. He was burly man with a deep voice, about 5'11 with deep blue eyes and sandy blonde hair. He was an alpha male to the max and you cringed knowing he was most likely arrogant and cocky.

"We never get treats like this around here!" He exclaimed as he picked up a plate.

You shot him a kind smile as you willed the toaster to hurry the fuck up. "So, FBI huh? What's a pretty lady like you doing fighting crime?"

Is this a joke? You thought to yourself. But, you needed their help which meant playing nice. You cleared your throat before answering.

"I always liked the idea of catching the bad guys, so here I am." You shrugged. You really hoped that would be the end of it, but of course it wasn't.

He let out a small laugh through his nose, his eyes scanning your body, lingering a little too long on your chest. You cursed your past self for wearing a decently low cut shirt.

"Mm." he hummed as he got closer. "Well, it certainly is a big job for such a little girl." He snickered as he bumped you with his shoulder.

Your eyes widened in shock, "excuse me?" You were really trying to keep your cool at this point, but your patience was wearing thin.

"Oh come on, sweetheart. Can't you take a damn joke? I was just messing with you." He moved even closer and by now, the smell of his cologne was suffocating you. "What do you say I make it up to you by taking you to dinner." You backed up.

"No thank you. I'm engaged." But you knew it wasn't going to stop there. 

"I don't see a ring on your pretty little finger. Nor do I see your fiancé anywhere." He gestured with his hand. Now you were really cursing your past self. Your ring was currently on the table in the office with Spencer. You had started playing with it as a nervous habit, taking it off, and putting it back on, and taking it off again.

You were about to open your mouth to respond when you heard the all to familiar voice ringing behind the cop.

"I'm right here. So, unless you want a bullet in your puny little alpha brain, I highly suggest you step away from my fiancé." Spencer handed you your ring which you quickly slid on your finger. He picked up your food and stomped away, his hand holding your wrist. The cop stood there stunned as you waved at him. Spencer pulled you back into the interview room which was set up as a work space for the team.

He gently placed the food down, taking a strawberry and placing it in his mouth, "I hate alpha males." He said as he chewed. You let out a small giggle. "what's so funny?" he asked picking up a piece of pineapple.

"You're an alpha male." You rolled your eyes. Spencer shot you a face which made you laugh even harder.

"I am not. I think all that lack of sleep and wedding planning has made you delusional." He smiled at you as he kept taking fruit off your plate.

"You'll always be an alpha to me." You puckered you lips, asking him for a kiss which he happily gave. "That reminds me, if we're back this weekend, the girls are taking me dress shopping and then you an I have to decide on a theme!" You clapped your hands happily at the thought.

"Theme?" He asked.

You rolled your eyes, "yes. A theme. Like do we want rustic? Modern? Celestial? Only thing not negotiable is you in a navy blue suit."

Spencer leaned down, gripping your chin between his thumb and index finger, his face so close you could feel his breath across your lips, "roll your eyes at me again. I fucking dare you. You'll be dress shopping with a purple ass." He kissed your lips before backing away and letting you go.

If you weren't turned on before by him asserting his dominance over that deputy, you surely were now.

...

If it wasn't for Garcia and Reid, none of these cases would ever be solved. You watched as Spencer cuffed the unsub and walked him out. His name was Jeffrey Montgomery. Moved around when he was kid, resulting in four different high schools in four years. It was safe to say he wasn't liked, and these women tortured him.

Vanessa Trenton was his last bully and the only reason they found any connection was thanks to each womens yearbook. Jeffreys face was scratched out in all four with some nasty words written on the inside. Garcia found plenty of post online he'd written about the black dahlia case, even going as claiming that 'bitch deserved what was coming for her'. Luckily the team had made it there before he hurt Vanessa too badly.

But this one threw Spencer for a loop and you knew it. Any topic that included bullying really got under his skin the same was kid ones got under JJs. Watching Spencer talk the unsub down vestless and unarmed was tough and you were pissed at him for his reckless behavior. Which then resulted in your silent ride back to the hotel.

Spencer reached out to grab your hand, but you just pulled it away, crossing your arms over your chest. So he settled on resting it on your leg, which you then pushed off, turning your body towards the window. Spencer just sighed, placing his hand back on the wheel and focusing on the road.

Once at the hotel, you slid your keycard in the door and pushed it open, not even holding it for Spencer like you normally would. You could've cut the tension with a knife as you silently walked over to your bag, collecting clothes to change into once you'd showered.

"Babe?" He tried, but you brushed right past him and into the bathroom, closing the door behind you. You turned on the shower, letting the water get as hot as you could stand it before stepping in. You sighed, starting to feel guilty about being so mad at Spencer. It's not like he died.

But he could've. Then where would that leave you? Alone? You shook your head, trying to wipe away the thoughts, and tears, that came over you. You heard the door open.

"I'm sorry." He said as he stepped in behind you. You turned around to face him, running your hands over his chest before leaning into him. You weren't sure why, but a wave of emotion hit you like a fucking train, your body shaking with sobs as Spencer held you.

"Why did you do that, Spence?" You cried. You were angry, but sad, but not sad. It was emotion you hadn't felt.

He took a deep breath as the water ran over the two of you, "I know how he feels. I knew what he went through and I figured he wouldn't hurt me once I told him that. Everyone deserves to feel listened too. To feel accepted and he didn't have that." He squeezed you tighter, "I wanted to show him that I wasn't a threat. That I wasn't going to do to him what his bullies did.

"But that was stupid and I know that. It could've gone south really quick which then could've meant death." He finished with a huff.

"And then I would've been alone." You said so quietly you thought he'd miss it. But of course, he didn't.

He pulled back, placing his hand under your chin to have you look at him. He kissed you gently, the kiss saying what words wouldn't be able too. "I will never leave you alone, Fluff." He giggled, "You're stuck with me till death do us part."

"Not just yet. You still got another few months to keep me happy."

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

80K 1.8K 19
Y/N has always dreamed of going to Paris and her team at the BAU wanted to help make that dream a reality. The group is more like family than coworke...
121K 2.7K 19
After joining the BAU and becoming close friends with JJ, Y/N finds herself falling for her closest and best friend, all while trying to deal with a...
6.5K 184 24
Maya Prentiss is Emily's little sister. She was a caring person with a big heart but the world can be cruel so now she hides that under sarcastic com...
5.6K 109 23
We're all running away from something. Question is, can we escape it? Eleanor Price has a traumatic past that she's spent her life trying to hide. A...