DRAG - [h.s. au]

By missarabellastyles

[COMPLETED] Bentley Hale is the best street racer in the Bay Area, but everything changes when she becomes wr... More

DRAG - OFFICIAL CAST LIST
INTRO
1
2*
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15*
16
17*
18
19
20
21
22*
23
24
25
26
27*
28*
29
30
31
32
33
34*
35*
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44*
45*
46
47
48
49
50
51
52*
53
54
55
56
57*
58
59
60
61
62*
63
64
65*
66
67
68
69*
70
71
72
73
74*
75
76*
77
78
EPILOGUE
HELL IS THE FINISH LINE

36

39.4K 1K 3K
By missarabellastyles

DOUBLE UPDATE TODAY!! THIS IS PART ONE, PART TWO SHOULD BE UP WITHIN THE NEXT 2/3 HOURS!!

no lyrics for this one, just me giving you a little frank ocean elevator music for this calm chapter

calm before the storm, that is. 

BENTLEY

"Holy shit he hit a home run!" Dorian's voice rings through the apartment.

I'm in the kitchen with Allegra, who's helping me fry the tonkatsu. It was quieter without Zayn and Rumer here in person, and Harry hadn't arrived yet. I didn't call or anything because he said he'd be here, and I didn't know if he was still with Oscar and Bruce or now.

"Let's fucking go!" Apollo yells, high fiving Dorian. Zayn and Rumer were on facetime and Niall was in the background too. They stayed up late to watch this game and honor the tradition of watching Sunday games together.

Rumer, Z, and Niall were already in Madrid, surveying the map of the race and prepping for the next race.

Allegra takes a sip of her beer, smacking her lips and breading another strip of the chicken cutlet as all the guys celebrate the fact that the A's were winning.

"So how was Italy?" She asks. We hadn't really discussed everything since my arrival and I know she's dying to know every detail..

Allegra also isn't aware about the fact that Harry and I were now officially together. It had to be lowkey, of course, just to prevent Luna from suspecting anything but He's my first boyfriend and Allegra doesn't really like him too much.

"Fucking perfect... I was really upset when I first saw him but when we got to Lake Como... it was amazing. We should go one day." I tell her, pulling some strips of chicken from the oil and placing them on the paper towel.

"You sound like a sap." She tells me, smiling. "So you and Harry are good?"

"We're uh, we're-"

"Spit it out Benny." She says, and I find some solace in the nickname that was reserved for my family. Benny was comforting and hearing her say it again made me feel more at home.

"We're together. Officially." I tell her, and she drops the chopsticks we were using to turn the fried chicken into the oil.

"YOU'RE WHAT?" She says loudly, causing Apollo and Dorian to turn their heads over.

"Allegra! Shut the fuck up." I grit. "Nothing to look at here unless you want to help me finish cooking." I tell the boys, and they laugh at me before making themselves comfortable on the couch.

Classic Apollo and Dorian.

"Bentley, what the fuck?"

"I know, I know... but he's good now, trust me. Nobody is going to hurt anyone."

"You're going to hurt yourself." She tells me as she tries to fish the chopstick from the sizzling oil.

"I always hurt myself, Allie. Don't act like he'll be the one to ruin me." I say seriously, and I watch as she bites her lip in thought.

"So is that why you have a bruise on your jaw?" She says, looking at my jaw. I had covered it up with makeup but she knew... she always knew. "Because you went and set out to hurt yourself?"

"I was doing it for him, I need him." I told her. "We all need him. We're going to take down Luna." I whisper.

"Is that what this is all about? What is Luna doing that's so-"

"I can't tell you, you just have to take my word for it." I sigh, and she bites her lip but nods in understanding.

Keeping secrets from her wasn't what I wanted but I'd prioritize her safety over everything else.

"Well, are you happy?" She asks.

"Very."

"Good, that means you won't hate me when I do this."

"Allegra Michelle Benjamin if you-"

"BENTLEY HAS A BOYFRIEND!"

"Fuck-" I start, but I'm interrupted by Apollo and Dorian jumping up from the couch and standing on the opposite end of the counter.

"Bring us with you!" I hear Zayn's voice through the computer and Apollo shoved Dorian off of the barstool he was at, making the skinny blond land on the floor.

"Fuck, ow! Apollo-"

"Get the laptop, kid." Apollo commands, and Dorian shuffles off the ground and in the direction of the living room, bringing back the computer and setting it at an angle where we're all visible.

"Say that again, Allie." Apollo says, his tattooed hands clasped together.

"Benny has a boyfriend."

"What the fuck?" I hear Rumer and Z speak at the same time, and Dorian is so red right now because he knows that if he laughs I will be dumping hot oil on his head. "Who is it?" Rumer asks, and I bite my lip.

"Yeah, Bentley, who is it?" Apollo teases.

"You guys suck. I don't like you guys."

"Oh but you really like Harry don't you?" Allie speaks up, making everyone laugh.

"You're dating Harry? The same Harry that-"

"Yes. I'm dating Harry." I confirm, and they all start speaking at once, but my phone ringing catches me off guard.

"Oooo the boyfriend's calling!" Dorian teases, and I throw a whole piece of the chicken at him, but he catches it in his mouth, chewing on it and letting out a satisfied hum.

"Shut up guys." I tell them, and there's a knock at the door.

Harry.

Everyone makes fun of us for a few moments as I go and open the door, unveiling Harry, dressed in a green knit sweater with white corduroy pants on.

I hate that he dresses better than I do even when casual but I'd find a place to outshine him... if that was even possible.

"Hi." I say, exhaling at the sight of him.

He's dry, smells like his usual vanilla, and has that same resting dick face on.

"Hello Hooker Hairy Styles the Pornstar Boyfriend!" Allegra claps.

"Allergy." he nods. "Has anyone told you your voice sounds the way food poisoning feels?"

"Asshole."

"I prefer arsehole but to each their own." He bites, walking into the door and grabbing my hand for a split second, squeezing it once before taking a seat next to Apollo.

"This isn't what I meant when I said keep an eye on her." Rumer deadpans, his protective nature taking over and making me stifle a laugh.

"How about we don't ask people to protect me?" I return, smiling into the camera, watching Rumie's eyes crinkle as he laughs.

"Not happening, Benny." He says, Zayn right behind him, lighting a J.

Everyone started talking right after, Allegra and Harry teasing each other relentlessly and Apollo continued to shove Dorian off of the barstool until he got so frustrated he called it a night in the eighth inning. Allegra left around midnight and Rumer and Zayn hung up the facetime a little bit after Harry arrived. Apollo wasn't smoking tonight because he had an early shift at the tattoo parlor.

It was now his main source of income since races slowed in the Bay. There were less cars coming into the shop too, so Dorian wasn't working as much and it was just Allie and I, but it was good enough to keep us afloat.

I had enough money saved up from all the races that I was giving Allegra a bigger paycheck. She needed it more than I did but I didn't tell her that I was giving her more.

Harry and I left as soon as the game was done, driving back to the building in our separate cars and parking next to each other in the garage before walking in. He thanked me for cleaning up his place and kissed me a few times before grabbing a water bottle from his fridge, and telling me that we had to talk.

That's where we were now.

"You're leaving tomorrow?" I say, confused. "Why does she need you in Madrid?"

"That's what Bruce and Oscar told me. Don't know why, but I didn't ask. My flight is in the morning."

"But you just got back." I say, biting my lip.

None of this made sense. Luna was racing in Madrid in two days. So why the hell was she having Harry go over there?

"I know, but I should be back-"

"Did she tell you when you were coming back?"

"No. Bruce and Oscar just said I was needed and if I refused I'd get- it doesn't matter, I don't have a choice."

"Okay... then, that's fine. Just move the plan along then, right?"

"Exactly. Think of it as a blessing in disguise, we'll be free sooner." He smirks, and I return the expression, observing him as he walks towards me on the couch.

"I guess you're right." I say. "I'll text Rumer that you'll be there. Just so he knows that Luna has something up her sleeve."

"Good idea." He nods, patting on his lap, gesturing for me to sit. "C'mere."

I shift over, sitting over his legs and leaning against his arm. "This is weird.... But in your definition of weird." I say, laughing. "Remember when you told me I was weird?"

"Yeah, of course. I was fucking plastered." He chuckles.

"I should get you drunk more, you were really funny."

"We should get drunk together."

"Trust me, you don't want to see me drunk... I'm an even bigger bitch." I let out a dry laugh, bringing my head up to look at his emerald eyes. "I'm a lot more fun when I'm high."

"Haven't seen a stoned Ben before... I'm just sleepy when I'm high." He says, his open palm running circles over my back.

Harry and I had always been touchy, even when we hated each other and it was natural to feel his wandering hands on my body now. It relaxed me, his hands were rough and soft... just like us.

"Well one day we'll get high and drunk and see who's funnier." I conclude, and he nods in agreement. "What time is your flight?"

"3 AM... so in about four hours." He says, and I nod. "Stay the night?" He suggests.

"Sure. Let me go and get my phone charger, it's dead and Allegra is opening the shop up tomorrow morning." I say, standing up to head upstairs.

I go up and change, taking off my makeup, brushing my teeth and plugging in my laptop to charge overnight and taking the chord for my phone. I made my way back down to his place, locking the door behind me and tip-toeing through the dark loft until I got to his bed.

"You really need a bed frame." I tell him, my back against the mattress and I stare at the ceiling.

"I like being closer to the floor... keeps me grounded." He jokes, and I swat his shoulder.

"You're an idiot."

"You never fail to remind me." He exhales after chuckling. "Do you want me to wake you up before I go? I'll leave the key so you can lock up when you wake up."

"Yes, that sounds good to me." I say, feeling his hand wrap around my waist and pull me to him, adjusting my body until I was comfortably situated around him.

"Goodnight." we both say simultaneously, staying quiet and drifting off to sleep. 

*******************************

AN:

you won't like me after the next one... i'll see you there.

ARABELLA.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

714K 21.7K 70
COMPLETED Evelyn was an aspiring social worker. But when her first assignment is helping a family living in one of the worsts neighborhoods around Lo...
7.6K 353 44
"𝘐 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘯'𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵." "𝘠𝘦𝘢𝘩.. 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘦 𝘣𝘰𝘵𝘩." "𝘋𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘪𝘴𝘩 𝘪𝘵 𝘸𝘰...
9.6K 613 80
Not everything can be healed by a medicine. ~~~ "Who are you, Harry Styles?" The smirk on his face disappeared and he turned extremely serious. His f...
809K 53K 103
"Don't underestimate me, because I'll ruin you." • • • At first sight, Harry has it all: a country to rule, people following his every order, and...