Deep end

By Wintershadowassassin

Jimin is an upcoming solo singer with a passion for the sea. When his Grandfather goes missing when a storm h... More

Introduction
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47

3

3.9K 302 149
By Wintershadowassassin

~*~
Author POV

Jimin stood with his hands knotted in his hair looking up and down the beach. The medical kit lay abandoned at his feet, seems like he wasn't going to need it.

There was no sign of the red haired merman. Maybe the screech the merman had made was a message that Jimin didn't understand at the time and still couldn't understand.

But then came a screeching sound, softer and less aggressive this time. Jimin's head turned to hear the sound, his eyes fixating on the rocky outcrop that lay to the North end of the beach.

He could see the same red hair and scales from his place on the beach. It was the merman. He picked up the medical kit from beside his sandy feet and took off running.

The merman made some sort of sound when he noticed Jimin was coming. It was a high pitched whistling sound. He reached the rocky outcrop at the fastest time he had ever run.

He carefully treaded across the sharp rocks, being wary not to cut or injure his feet, but then again he did have the medical kit with him so he could see to a self made injury if need be.

He sat crossed legged about a metre infront of the merman. The merman lent forwards on his hands to get closer. The necklace of pearls and shells hanging from his neck rather than sitting against his collarbone.

Jimin allowed himself to observe the merman up close. He had long red hair that was slightly curly at the ends, it lay just at his collar bone, hiding the necklace string around his neck. His ears were pointed with many rings hanging from them in a clumsy artistry. None of the colours matched, but he pulled it off in a way.

He had a flushed skin colour, his entire face was a tinted red. It ran down his torso, that was littered with inconsistent scales. Some seemed to be missing Jimin wondered if it was from when he was injured on the beach. His fingers were long an slender where he grasped at the rocky ground holding himself up with tensing muscles. He shifted over so slightly on occasion, probably because taking his full weight on his hands and wrists was tiring.

His tale that was now hidden within the water was long Jimin remembered, it had extended into the water when Jimin had found him face down in the sand. His pitch black eyes (that covered the entirety of his eyes, no white) were as excited as his tale was, Jimin saw it rise and hit the water with little splashing sounds, much like a dog would wag its tail in excitement.

The merman lent forward again, he make a snickering sound much like a dolphin, reaching out his head to rub his wet cheek against Jimin's. A slender had came to reach for Jimin, Jimin allowed it out of curiosity.

He watched as the merman pulled at his wrist till Jimin hand was up like a high five, the merman gently placed their palms together, dragging it from the outside of their body towards Jimin's body. Jimin assumed it meant 'hello', so he smiled in response.

The merman looked at him tilting his head to the side, then he mimicked Jimin's actions. A smile of sharp teeth, they were more rounded than human teeth and the canines were sharper. But Jimin had decided over all that the merman's smile was cute.

"I'm Jimin" he pointed at himself. The merman tilted his head once again. Evidently he had no idea what Jimin had said.

But then it dawned on him. He made some clicking sounds and then gestured at himself. He looked so proud of himself, a beaming grin on his face.

"Oh boy, this just got 10 times harder" Jimin muttered to himself.

Jimin nodded. Before he remembered the merman was injured and that had been his initial reason to seek him out.

Jimin then tried to reach out to the merman's side. The merman looked confused. His eyes watching Jimin's outstretched hand.

"You're injured, I have stuff to help" Jimin then smacked his forehead of course he forgot the merman didn't understand him.

The merman looked concerned, he grabbed his hand then shook his head, he looked ready to cry. He perched himself so that he was sitting side ways on the rocky edge. He reached over his now free hand, the one that wasn't clutching Jimin's hand and rubbed at his forehead. He shook his head, pulling Jimin's hand down, Jimin realised the merman thought he had tried to injure himself so he had stopped him.

Jimin smiled at him, and that had the frown disappear from the merman's face. Now that the merman had had himself down, it left his side available for Jimin to heal the injury. He leant forward again, one hand still clutched in the merman's.

His hands skimmed over the place on the merman that should have bore an injury. But he found nothing but smooth red scales. The merman made another snickering sound, his wet hair brushed against Jimin's cheek as he tried to nuzzle him again. His necklace hitting Jimin's collarbone in the process.

Jimin was well aware the tide was coming in and fast when he looked that the beach. His Grandad had always said to get off the beach when the water reached half way because in less than 20 minutes the beach would be submerged.

Jimin pulled away from the merman. The merman made a noise of confusion, he reached out to regain the close contact he had previously held with Jimin.

Jimin wondered if his Grandfather had left any notes or studies about the merman, he had taken a fascination to all creatures that resided around the island, whether it be on the land or in the sea. But then again had his Grandfather ever seen the merman, he hoped he had, some notes may bring a better awareness for Jimin.

Jimin pulled his legs up, happy that the merman wasn't injured anymore, he would be able to sleep better tonight. He then rose to his feet the medical kit clutched in one hand, he looked to the beach it was 3/4 covered. He would probably have to run to get to the exit as he couldn't climb up the cliff face.

"Bye" he began to walk away. The merman's eyes looked at him with sorrow. He waved at the merman, the merman didn't understand why he was walking away. He didn't understand that Jimin couldn't swim and breath in the sea water as he did.

He tried to reach out to grasp ay Jimin's ankle to stop him leaving. He didn't understand why his mate was trying to leave.

Jimin's ankle was just out reach so Jimin didn't notice the merman's desperate scrabble to busy looking to the beach exit.

He turned and gave the merman a smile before he began to make his way across the rocks, reaching the sand that now had a thin layer of water covering it. He began to run, he had 10 minutes till the tide was fully in, he could tell. But he had to run for 15 minutes to get to the beach exit.

He tore down the beach as fast as his legs could carry him, thankful for how intense his physical training sessions were in order for him to be an idol. Otherwise he would have been out of breath and collapsing by now.

The merman had pulled himself off the rocks and was now swimming along the deeper end of the beach, back and forth. He couldn't reach his mate, that filled him with distress. He let out long wailing screeched desperately trying to attract his mate's attention. But he was ignored, he could feel water that wasn't from the sea running down his face. Tears.

~*~

So another chapter. Well done for those who guessed the merman was Jungkook.

I hope you enjoyed it.

Vote?

Comment?

Bye,
Winter

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.6K 504 14
[Book 3] "If you want her come and take her"- park jimin. "I will drown you and kill you in the same water where you born"- jeon jungkook. -_-_-_-_...
2.5M 165K 59
[ PARK JIMIN ] "Are you sure it's just empathy? Are you sure you're not feeling... attracted to me?" There was a shift in his voice as it became more...
36.6K 2.8K 34
︵‿♪ Where Taehyun, a lonely merman prince wants to heal a heartsick guitarist- ︵‿♬ Out of curiosity he started an adventure, little did he know he wo...
6.6K 602 14
"Let the waters guide you... just as Selene guides them..." "You've been away long enough... It's time to come home.." All Y/n wanted out of her dull...