[ʙᴏɴᴅᴇᴅ ʙʏ ᴀ ǫᴜɪʀᴋ]~~{ᴋɪʀɪʙᴀᴋ...

By TooMinty

Kirishima and Bakugou get hit by a mysterious quirk, not really knowing what it did, while they were walking... More

Chapter 1: 'Unexpected turn'
Chapter 3: 'Between us'
Chapter 4: 'Comfort'
Chapter 5: 'String'
Chapter 6: 'Feelings'
Chapter 7: 'Playful moments'
Chapter 8: 'More'
Chapter 9: 'Am I yours?'
Chapter 10: 'Together'

Chapter 2: 'Burning sensation'

7.7K 307 218
By TooMinty

Kirishima's room was filled with a soft morning glow as sunlight streamed through the curtains, casting a warm and gentle illumination on his peaceful face. The rhythmic ticking of his clock provided a soothing background noise, harmonizing with the soft snores emanating from beneath his blanket. Stirring slightly in his sleep, Kirishima smacked his lips and shifted onto his side, his snores growing a touch louder. However, an unexpected burning sensation began to build in his stomach, gradually intensifying.

Groggily, Kirishima let out a soft groan, shifting onto his other side as he instinctively brought his arms to his stomach, clenching it in discomfort. The burning sensation persisted, traveling upward from his abdomen to his chest and eventually reaching his throat. Slowly, he pried open his eyes, immediately regretting it as the sun's rays delivered an unwelcome blow, piercing his vision.

Wincing and rubbing his eyes to ease the temporary discomfort, Kirishima momentarily forgot about the burning sensation as he glanced at his clock. The digital display revealed that it was already seven-thirty in the morning. He tilted his head in confusion, realizing that his alarm should have gone off by now. Sighing at his forgetfulness in not setting the alarm the night before, he felt a sense of relief that he had managed to wake up just in time to prepare for school.

Shifting in his bed, the burning sensation gradually subsided, allowing him to regain his focus. Just then, a knock resonated on his bedroom door, drawing his attention. "Come in," Kirishima called out, his voice still tinged with sleepiness. The door opened slowly, revealing a familiar blond figure whose glare possessed an intensity capable of cutting through steel.

"You're not dressed yet?!" Bakugou exclaimed, his tone sharp and accusatory.

Kirishima winced at the sudden outburst, rubbing his ears to alleviate the discomfort. "Calm down, Bakugou. I've just woken up. Besides, the walk from my house to UA isn't that far..."

Bakugou's glare remained fixed on him, its intensity seemingly deepening, if that were even possible. Kirishima pushed himself upright and scratched his head, the fatigue still evident. "I need to take a shower and get dressed. You can wait here or downstairs if you prefer."

Bakugou strode toward him and sat on his bed. "I'm waiting right here," he grumbled, his discontent palpable. Kirishima shrugged nonchalantly, unfazed by Bakugou's choice of location, as long as he had the opportunity to freshen up and begin his day. Gathering his necessary items, Kirishima made his way toward the bathroom, ready to cleanse himself and prepare for the challenges that lay ahead.

•••

"Alright, I'm ready!" Kirishima announced, poking his head out of his door. Bakugou muttered a final remark and picked up his bag.

"Next time, I won't be waiting for your sluggish self. You took far too long."

"You do realize you could have gone to school without me, right?"

Bakugou shot him a sidelong glare, sending a shiver down Kirishima's spine. When Bakugou wanted to, he could be truly intimidating. Kirishima chuckled lightly, attempting to ease the tension, and descended the stairs with Bakugou trailing closely behind.

Kirishima plucked two apples from a bowl, sinking his teeth into one while extending the other towards Bakugou. The blond shook his head dismissively and headed for the front door. Kirishima hummed nonchalantly and shrugged, following Bakugou as they departed from his house.

"So, did Ma let you in?" Kirishima inquired, taking another bite of his apple.

"Yeah... I caught her just as she was about to leave," Bakugou replied.

Kirishima hummed in acknowledgment. Glancing down at his finished apple, he gripped it tightly. As someone who disliked littering, he held onto the core until he stumbled upon a nearby dumpster where he could dispose of it properly.

"Hey, Shitty Hair," Bakugou called out.

Kirishima turned his head and responded, "Yeah?"

"Did you wake up feeling like your insides were on fire?"

Kirishima blinked, casting his gaze downward. He placed a finger on his chin, contemplating the question. "Yeah," he eventually replied, "I did, but it gradually subsided."

"Tch, mine didn't fucking ease up until I came over to your idiotic house."

"Hey, don't insult my house, dumb butt," Kirishima playfully defended.

Bakugou rolled his eyes and playfully shoved Kirishima. A giggle escaped Kirishima's lips as he spotted a trash can up ahead. "Finally, a trash can!" he exclaimed, breaking into a light run. Reaching the bin, he triumphantly deposited his apple core, beaming with pride at his minor achievement.

However, the burning sensation unexpectedly resurfaced, causing Kirishima to groan and clutch his stomach. It felt as if his insides were being engulfed in flames, the searing pain spreading upward to his chest. He desperately grasped at his shirt, trying to alleviate the discomfort.

'What in the world is happening?' Kirishima clenched his teeth together, feeling the burning sensation intensify. Turning his gaze towards Bakugou, he noticed that the blond was experiencing the same torment, clutching his own shirt.

'What...is going on...?' The burning sensation climbed up Kirishima's throat, triggering a fit of coughing that racked his body. It was excruciating. His insides were ablaze, and the pain only grew worse with each passing moment. Despite his own suffering, he compelled himself to approach Bakugou, driven by the instinct to ensure his well-being. While it was commendable to prioritize others, Kirishima knew that his own health also mattered, although that notion momentarily eluded him.

With each step taken towards Bakugou, the burning sensation gradually subsided. The closer he drew to his friend, the less intense the discomfort became. After a few steps, Kirishima's coughing ceased, and once he reached Bakugou's side, the burning sensation completely dissipated.

Both teenagers were left breathless, their confusion mounting over the inexplicable ordeal they had just endured. Kirishima was the first to find his voice.

"What... What the heck was that...?"

Bakugou dryly coughed into his fist and exhaled. "I don't fucking know, but it hurt like hell..."

"You don't think it was caused by that person's Quirk, do you?" Kirishima gazed into the ruby eyes that confronted him.

Bakugou shrugged indifferently. "Don't fucking know... It wasn't like this yesterday."

"Perhaps it required time to activate or something."

"Tch, I guess..." Bakugou muttered. "We're going to be late."

Kirishima sighed dejectedly. "There goes your perfect attendance."

"Honestly, who the fuck cares at this point? Let's just go," Bakugou declared, setting off, with Kirishima swiftly trailing behind, anxious to avoid a recurrence of the burning sensation.

•••

Regrettably, their tardiness resulted in lunch detention, despite Kirishima and Bakugou truthfully explaining the situation to Mr. Aizawa. The older teacher seemed to be in a foul mood that day, refusing to grant them any leniency. Currently, Kirishima found himself gazing at the board, attentively observing Mr. Aizawa as he meticulously wrote down notes that the students were required to copy.

Slightly turning his head, Kirishima caught sight of Bakugou diligently jotting down information in his notebook. Letting out a soft sigh, Kirishima redirected his attention back to the board, aiming to follow suit and transcribe the notes. However, he flinched when he felt the same warmth from earlier rising in the pit of his stomach. It was a dull burning sensation, not as intense as before, but he knew it would only intensify with time.

Setting his pencil down, Kirishima glanced over at Bakugou. To his surprise, the blond was staring back at him, wearing a similarly troubled expression.

'He's feeling it too... What kind of Quirk does that person possess?' Kirishima pondered, his brow furrowing as a slight frown formed on his face. Fear tinged his thoughts as the burning sensation continued to grow, causing his stomach to feel as if he had consumed something scalding. Kirishima raised his hand, awaiting Mr. Aizawa's acknowledgment.

"Yes, Kirishima?" Mr. Aizawa responded calmly.

Kirishima hesitantly lowered his hand and replied, "May I use the restroom?"

Mr. Aizawa sighed and nodded, then turned around to resume writing the notes. Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed Bakugou staring at him, clearly incredulous.

Silently mouthing the word "sorry," Kirishima stood up from his seat, realizing that his request may not have been the wisest decision.

"Yes, Bakugou?"

"Allow me to use the restroom as well," Bakugou demanded.

Kirishima turned his head, surprised by Bakugou's approach. 'I don't think that's the proper way to ask...'

With a sigh, Mr. Aizawa relented. "Go ahead."

Amusement resonated within Kirishima as he found himself genuinely taken aback by Mr. Aizawa's acquiescence despite the improper request. Walking towards the door, Kirishima felt the burning sensation in his stomach subside as Bakugou drew nearer. Together, they exited the classroom, attracting suspicious glances from their classmates. Once out of sight, Bakugou swiftly delivered a resounding smack to Kirishima's head.

"What the fuck were you thinking?!" Bakugou exploded.

"Oww!" Kirishima exclaimed, rubbing his head. "Don't hit me, Bakugou..." he whined softly.

"Don't be a dumbass, and I won't have to knock some sense into you!"

"I thought that maybe if I got some water, the feeling would disappear..." Kirishima mumbled.

Bakugou smacked him on the head again and yelled, "The feeling only occurs when we're apart, dumbass! Use your fucking brain!"

"Bakugou, stop hitting me!"

"Then stop being a fucking idiot!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
See you next chapter!

Words: 1493

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 44.5K 18
... It wasn't that he was annoyed. Okay, maybe he was a little annoyed, but that was because a certain explosive punk decided to test the flammabilit...
15.3K 226 18
There are three months left of their first year at UA high which has everyone's stomachs in knots; Katsuki Bakugo and Izuku Midoriya have gotten clos...
200K 7K 54
─── complete ღ WARNING: fetus writing ⤷ 𝐈𝐙𝐔𝐊𝐔 admired his childhood friend Bakugou for the longest time, to the point where he fell in love wit...
28.5K 990 35
Kirishima and Bakugou are dating, until Kirishima starts to change, being way too overprotective one moment, and the next he doesn't care about him...