CHHOTI SI ASHA

By love_samaina

Credit for beautiful cover @the_fantasy_world__ Thank you so much Avika for the lovely cover page...😘😘🥰🥰 ... More

GOOD NEWS
Mood Swings
Morning Sickness
HEARTBEATS
Announcement
FOOD CRAVINGS
REVELATIONS
Resentment
Hopes
Storms
Opus of Love
The Final Nail

Mammoth Pain

1.4K 189 69
By love_samaina

"Sameer... Sameer ruk mere bhai... Sameer....", Pandit hailed loudly running after him, but he couldn't match the pace of his crazy friend.

Sameer ran crazily, bumped into a ward boy, his tray scattered, then a stretcher, and a window, but nothing slowed down his pace. Pandit ran after him hastily, but he couldn't catch up with him.

Sameer ran outside, reached to his car and asked driver for keys. Thankfully driver was aware of all the situation and he tried to hold him. But crazily he shouted,"chabi de mujhe abhi..."

"Sir, aap baat suniye... Ek baar Vivek sahab ko...",the driver stammered.

Yeah, ofcourse, all their staff members were clearly directed and instructed by Vivek. No matter what but still he was reluctant to give him the keys.

"Hato idhar se...", He shouted and pushed him violently.

Though he was alert, still stumbled back, yet soon get up on his feet and tried to hold him. Sameer tried to shrug his hands, but till then Pandit reached there and held him.

"Sameer, baat sun bhai... Sameer... ",He shouted and tried to still him.

"Mujhe chhod Pandit...",he struggled to get out of his grip or rather their grip.

However, even if they were two, it's quite difficult for them to held him. He struggled hard, shouted and pushed them.

"Sameer, ek baar baat toh sun.... Bhabhi...", Pandit tried to sat something but he screamed.

"Nahiiiiiiiiiiiii.... Mujhe nahi sunna...",he screamed so loudly that many passers-by took a back and looked at him bewildered.

"Sameer....", Pandit tried again, but this time even before he could complete a sound interrupted them.

"Sameer... Ye kya tamasha hai... Baat kyu nahi sunte...", It was Vivek followed them and scolded him.

"Nahi sunna mujhe... Nahiii...",his eyes widened and he screamed and struggled again.

"Sameer... Naina...", Vivek tried to say something calmly, but...

"Nahiii sunnnaa mujhe....",but he screamed and before anyone could say anything else, he suddenly passed out.

"Sameer... Sameer...", Vivek and even Pandit was baffled.

Thankfully they were in hospital and they quickly dragged him on a chair first then to a doctor.

********************************

"Inka bp bhut fluctuate ho rha hai... Jaise ek jhatke se kabhi bhut high, kabhi bhut low... It's quite... Quite... Umm... Well, I really have no words... Thodi der pehle during surgery Naina ka bp bhi bilkul similarly fluctuate kar rha tha... They seemed perfectly connected...", After checking him, finally the doctor replied his diagnosis.

"Lekin abhi ye kaisa hai doctor... Hosh kab tak aayega ise...", Vivek asked anxiously.

"Filhal kuch bhi kahna difficult hai... Inka bp stable hona bhut jaruri hai... We are trying our best, but ye control nahi hua toh inka nervous breakdown ho sakta hai... Ya fr ye coma me jaa sakte hai...", Doctor replied slowly and left.

Hearing to his diagnosis everyone got a shock. All were prepared for any news regarding Naina, but Sameer... Although he announced his decision earlier in the day, but they were not prepare for this... Or rather deep down inside they all had seen this coming, even before his announcement. 

Vishakha gasped, stumbled back. Vivek too exhaled loudly, and pandit cried silently. Munna and Anand just came after blood transfusion and they both stumbled badly and almost fell on the chairs kept in long corridor.

"Dekho Vishakha kya kiya tumne... Ab ya toh tumhara beta bachega hi nahi aur bach bhi gya toh pagal ho jayega...", Suddenly Vivek turned to Vishakha and scolded her.

At this moment his voice had everything... A desperation, a hurt, a pain, an accumulated anger and a deep sorrow. Vishakha inhaled loudly and sobbed, yet didn't dare to cry loudly, but closed her palm on her mouth and hitched.

"Nahi kuch... Kuch nahi hoga hamare bhai ko... Fighter hai hamara bhai... Kuch nahi hoga...", suddenly Munna shouted loudly.

Although he shouted, but deep down he, infact all of them they knew that even if he was a fighter, all his fighting spirit lied in Naina and this time his spirit, his strength was not with him.... at least in his mind.

The family was already waiting for any update about Naina, and here he too now lied in the beside her, leaving all of them tired and stressed.

**********************************

"Kya hai ye sab... Nikalo ye sab...", God knows what time it was but suddenly his eyes opened.

Sameer looked around and frowned seeing himself lying down in between wires and needles. He closed his eyes feeling the splitting ache in his head, but as soon as his eyes closed, something snapped in him, seemed like he remembered something and next moment, jerked his hand, pulled out every wire and needle ruthlessly and tried to get up.

"Sir, please abhi aapko rest karna hai... Sir, please...", Kind of scared of his aggression and crazy behaviour the nurse slowly tried to held him.

"Ahh, leave me...", Shouting loudly, he pulled his hand from her grip and walked towards door with shaking legs.

"Sir please...",nurse hollered behind him, and just that moment he stumbled and fell.

Before nurse could reach him or hold him, he was supported by two strong arms and a slow composed voice penetrated through his thoughts.

"Kha jaa rahe ho tum...",it was Vivek held him, and asked slowly but in a deep pithy tone.

"Mai... Mai wo...",he stammered, didn't know what to reply.

"Sameer, Naina...", Vivek sighed and tried to say something, but Sameer immediately intervened him.

"Nahi... ",He shouted loudly but then his voice fell down and he said quite pitiably,"please mujhe nahi janna... Mujhe bas jane dijiye... Mujhe bas jane dijiye... Please mujhe meri Naina ke paas jane dijiye...",he pleaded and joined his hands before him.

Vivek was very stressed and at this point, he really didn't know how to handle him. He looked up as if asking a solution from almighty, then gulped a big lump, breathed heavily and suddenly left him and mumbled,"okay... Jao..."

Sameer stumbled and then slowly moved to the door.

Just as he was about to cross the threshold, Vivek's voice resonated again,"kha jaa rahe ho... Naina toh bagal wale room me hi hai..."

Sameer was moving ahead perfunctorily but his feet halted in middle and he turned around on his heels and stuttered,"kyaa..."

"Haa Sameer... Kab se hum yahi kahna chahte hai, tumhe yahi btane ki koshish kar rahe hai... Baitho yha aur ek baar suno please...", Vivek sighed and said with a tiredness of ages.

Sameer stopped, his heart pounded, his whole body trembled, he didn't know what in life's bag for him, but still he stopped. Though he didn't turn around, he sat on ground just at his spot on his knees.

Vivek heaved a deep breath and said softly,"Sameer doctors ka kahna hai ki ye premature delivery kahi naa kahi helpful prove huyi hai uske liye... Kyoki baby ka weight jyada nahi tha, toh surgery me problem nahi huyi, lekin... Lekin delivery ke waqt Naina ka bp stable nahi hone ki wajah se uske brain me concussion hua hai... Matlab filhal wo coma me hai... Aur..."

"Aur kya... Meri Naina thik ho jayegi naa...", suddenly he turned around, looked at him and asked restlessly.

"36 ghante Sameer... Naina ke paas... Hamare paas... Ya fr ye kahu ki tumhare paas 36 ghante hai apni Naina ko bachane ke liye... ", Vivek started again but interrupted again too.

"Matlab... Mai... Mai kaise...", Sameer didn't understand or rather didn't want to understand.

Vivek looked deeply at him, ambled slowly to him, sat down on his knees before him, kept his hand on his and said,"Sameer doctors apna kaam kar rahe hai, lekin mai janta hu... Hum sab jante hai ki tum dono ko sirf tum dono hi sambhal sakte ho... Wo shayad hosh me nahi... Shayad uska brain function nahi kar raha lekin uska dil... Uska dil dhadak rha hai Sameer... aur un dhadakano me jaan sirf tum daal sakte ho... Jao uske paas, usse baatein karo... Abhi 31 ghante hai... Pta nahi kaun sa pal use tumhare paas khich laye... Wo tumhe sunegi Sameer...", Vivek slowly tried to drill some sense in him and perhaps he succeeded.

Yes, he succeeded, coz just next moment, he got up enthusiastically and asked him,"kha hai meri Naina..."

"Yahi... Side wale room me... ", Vivek too got up with him and shown his finger towards the room beside him.

Sameer breathed deep breaths, wiped his face with his sleeved and slowly walked to that room.

"Sameer... Baby ke bare me nahi puchhoge...", Suddenly Vivek asked softly.

"Nahi...",he stubbornly replied and entered in that room.

This time his stubbornness, or rather the deep obstinacy shook Vivek. He looked at his back, and trembled thinking something deeply.

******************************

"Naina... Naina utho naa jaan... Naina... Naina suno naa please... Naina..."

Sameer looked at her lying unconscious pierced with needles and surrounded with wires and monitors. For a moment he didn't know how to react, but next moment he held her hand softly. She was slightly warm due to post-operative  inflammatory, her hand felt weak and fragile. He softly kissed her delicate hand and said like pleading.

And Naina... She might not be able to talk or respond but could hear everything. She felt like she had fallen in a bottomless pit, shrouded by abyss darkness. There were lots of things undone, but she couldn't do it now... Lots of dreams unfilled, but she couldn't get them true... And Sameer... Her Sameer... She knew his obstinacy, she knew he couldn't survive  without her.

Naina struggled, she tried to move her hands, she tried to move her lips, she even tried to let out a gasp, but she couldn't. All she could feel at the moment that two ruthless hands pushing her in endless depth of murk.

"Please, uth jao Naina... Abhi toh bahut kuch baki hai... Please mat jao Naina... ",He kept pleading and talking something slowly looking at her hopefully.

But ticking hands of clock were like a sword hanging on his head. Like a blink of an eye, almost 27 hours passed. Lots of things happened meanwhile, but without looking at anything else, he insisted on sitting beside her without even having a drop of water.

Earlier his condition was also not very good, even doctors asked him to have something, but nothing could move him.

Preeti and Swati came to see them, Bela and Anand taking care of baby,  Vishakha was now flustered, cursing herself more and more and sat before small temple near hospital. Munna, Pandit, Rohan and Vivek were taking care of everything or rather supervising everything and keeping an eye on him.

They all were praying in heart that Naina couldn't die, otherwise Sameer would lose his mind and God knows, what he would do then.

Although he kept trying and pleading but slowly it started to crush now. His hopes started to fell, even the doctors seemed a little hopeless.

It was 33rd hour when slowly they all started to gather in her room, perhaps now hopelessly.

Tumhe jana hai naa... Nahi manogi meri baat... Chhod ke jana hai mujhe... Sach me jaa rahi ho naa... Mujhe pta hai, itne dino se tumse naraz tha naa isiliye ab tum ruth kar jaa rahi ho... Dekho delivery toh ho gayi aur baby...", suddenly he kept her hand on her belly and talked about their baby.

The entire ward was full of despair. Even the doctors and medical staffs were slightly emotional.

And family members... They hugged eachother and cried silently.

"Thik hai... Jana hai naa, jao... Lekin mera intezaar karna... Mai bhi bhut jaldi aaunga tumhare paas...",as much the time passed his desperation began to rise limitlessly.

"Sameer, aise mat bol bhai...", Munna sobbed and said slowly.

"Q... Kyu naa bolu... Mai toh bolu bhi nahi aur ye... Ye kuch bhi karegi...",he suddenly said loudly to Munna.

"Sameer...", Vivek, Anand, and their friends, all of them tried to calm him, but...

But he said loudly again,"kyo aap sab log hamesha mujhe hi samjhate hai... Koi ise kuch kyo nahi kahta... Aap...", suddenly he pointed a finger on Vivek and said,"aap... Aap beti maante hai naa ise... Sabse pyari bahu... Toh kahiye naa ise ki naa jaaye..."

"Chachaji...", suddenly he got up from her side, reached to chachaji, held his arms, and said jolting him,"chachaji... Aapki sari baatein maanti hai wo, aap kahiye naa..."

Then he turned to his friends and said,"tumhi log kuch kah do... Please rok lo use... Please...",he held his friends and cried bitterly.

"Sameer... Mai sun sakti hu... Sameer... ", Sameer pleaded to everyone and slowly breaking down, and there Naina... She was still struggling to get up and held him but she couldn't.

*******************************

"Sir, wo baby..."

They all had already left hope. Doctors might be preparing for removing life supports from her body. She might be declared dead in some moments, but just then a nurse came running and said something about their new born baby. All their heart twisted, Bela went running to see the baby and Anand and Vivek went to doctor to ask the updates about the baby.

But Sameer...

Neither he heard, nor he even said a single word, but just sat beside Naina again, held her hand and continued with his tries to get her up with a failing hope in his heart.

Munna looked at him bewildered and said softly,"Sameer, teri bachhi wha.... Wo thik nahi shayad..."

"I don't care...",he ruthlessly replied without turning his head and still tried to held the slipping rope of hopes tightly.

Munna, Pandit and everyone else present in the room trembled sensing the fury in his voice, but couldn't say anything. All of them were shocked seeing his indifference, but Naina... Only Naina could feel the bubbling pain in his heart, his slight stiffness on mention of their daughter, his light squeeze on her hand realising that she was not good... All only she could feel, even after dimming hope of her survival.

Sameer was sad hearing about their daughter. Only he knew, how much he secretly wished to have a daughter all those years, but when actual time arrived to give shape his dreams... His every dream crushed miserably. There was no happiness apart from her for him, and he couldn't even bring himself to see their little bundle of joy or even have sanity left to think about her.

Ahh... What a miserable fate. All his life he took pains and struggled hard to get his family, and when it's time to complete his family, it scattered again.

Munna, Pandit and all their friends see them both and crying silently slowly left the ward, perhaps couldn't bear their pain. Even doctors walked out of ward perhaps left them alone in last hour of her life.

"Naina, hamesha sochta tha ki jab hamare babies honge ye hoga wo hoga... Aise khelunga unke saath waise shrartein karunga... Apna bachpan... Hamara bachpan fr se jiyenge hum... Aur aj dekho... Shayad hamari beti bhi hamare jaisi hi kismat lekar aayi hai...", He paused for a moment, then shook his head and continued again,"janta hu bhut gussa hogi tum mujhse... Kosogi, daantogi... Lekin kya karu Naina... Mai chahe kuch bhi kyon naa kar lu, kitni bhi koshish kar lu... Mai kabhi tumhare bina ji hi nahi sakta... Mujhse nahi hoga... Mujhse nahi hoga Naina, kabhi nahi...", somehow he completed crying miserably and suddenly lifted her a little and hugged her tightly mumbling something incoherently.

At this moment Naina couldn't listen to anything, but a loud sound zooming in her ears again and again while falling in darkness deeper and deeper, "YOUR DAUGHTER IS A CURSED LONELY STAR... SHE IS DESTINED TO LIVE ALONE FOR HER WHOLE LIFE... SHE IS A CURSED LONELY STAR..."

"No... Meri beti nahi... Mera Sameer nahi... Inki galti nahi... Meri beti...", She again tried hard to struggle, to reply, to held on her breaking breaths, but it hurt...

Naina felt indescribable pain in her lower abdomen. It was so sharp that her whole back covered in sweat, her jaw clenched, eyebrows frowned and a long exhale escaped from her lips.

Sameer felt her trembling in his arms, but perhaps he couldn't believe it, and in fact tightened his hold around her and continued his pleadings his mumblings. Naina felt that pain sharpened, her eyes twitched, fingers shivered and she gasped.

A gasp... Sameer was baffled. In a moment he pulled her out of his embrace and looked at her deeply. At this moment he couldn't see anything on his face, but just a moment ago what he felt that was... That.... Well, was that even true or he was hallucinating. He couldn't think anything about that, but just looked at her deeply.

It's like She was as fragile as a light enamel doll, that would break or disappeared as soon as he blink his eyes. He kissed her forehead still tears spilling from his eyes and lied her down on bed again. For a moment he wanted to ran away and just next moment he couldn't... Coz somewhere deep in his heart he still believed that she couldn't leave him like this.

Just then there was a rapid sound coming from the monitor. He sharply looked at the screen, his heart pounded and he shouted for doctors hastily. Not only doctors but all his friends too rushed inside, but all of them stopped by medics. Infact they pushed out Sameer too. Although he didn't want to leave her side, he still went out and waited holding his breaths.

"Well, I don't know ki mai abhi kya aur kaise explain karu... Lekin she definitely shown a sign of vitality... umm, we have definitely a hope now... Just pray for the best...", doctor was himself surprised, but still he managed to say in a composed manner, patted his shoulders and left.

As soon as the doctors left, Sameer collapsed. He was holding it for more than 48 hours. Even if he had no appetite for anything, his body needed that and above all, he himself was admitted before 36 hours... Everything took a toll, and his couldn't bear the rushing excitement and he collapsed and again was admitted.

Based on the diagnosis of the doctor, he couldn't wake up before 18 hours and hopefully when he would got up he would get good news, as they all were very optimistic that Naina would wake up in next 12 to 16 hours. But in all this, they had failed to calculate the strong willpower, or rather the strong love of Sameer for his Naina. He woke up even before 10 hours and sat beside Naina, holding her hand tightly, as never intended to let her go this far ever again.

********************************

"Arey jaldi jaldi karo sab... Ye sab saman aise kyo pada hai ab tak..."

"Tune Abhi tak puja ki taiyari bhi nahi ki... Prasad pura bna ya nahi..."

The whole white mansion of Delhi, was seeing this merry happiness after a long time. It's been 10 days of that terrifying but still fortunate day, when Naina finally woke up in hospital.

That moment almost engraved in his heart deeply, when finally her eyelids stirred and ahe opened her eyes. She opened her eyes, stretched her lips perhaps wanted to say something, but her lips... Extremely dry and parched. She couldn't even move her tongue to wet her lips or even move her Adam's apple. But Sameer was there, top medics were there, she was definitely in pain but soon she started to feel better with the treatment and care.

And their daughter... As a premature child, she was a bit weaker and that day also showing some inconsistencies in her body, but slowly she recovered too. Although still very sensitive for infections and weak in immune system even after 12 days of her arrival, but now atleast they got a discharge from hospital and finally returning home with lots of instructions but safe and sound two beautiful girls of their family.

As the baby was still sensitive to infections Vivek refused for the floral decorations and hawan, but kept a kanjak puja and Munna Pandit and friends together did some balloons and crafty decoration just to welcome them.

Now Vishakha and Bela were running here and there seeing the preparations for puja and prasad. Vivek and Anand too supervising the work. Preeti and Shubham went hospital to bring them along and rest friends party busy in decors.

Soon there was a horn outside, they all moved towards door hastily and welcomed the beloved little angel and daughter-in-law.  Vishakha performed aarti of the little family of three. Naina and little doll sat in puja, but soon they both were sent in the room for rest and for remaining rituals... Sameer did it in their behalf.

The puja finished, little kanjaks went their home and soon all guests too took their leave. Slowly the guests from Ahmedabad too started to leave, but Sameer and Naina couldn't go now as baby and Naina both were not fine enough to travel. So they decided to leave after some more days.

Everything was coming back to normal, in fact jovial and happier than earlier.

But was there everything normal even...

In all the time in hospital Sameer was beside her each and every moment. He took care of everything. Even when the baby joined them in room after three more days spending in NICU, he was always there to help Naina with her care. Although in day time there were always someone around, and he wouldn't do anything specific, but in night...

As Naina was weak and on heavy medication, she was not allowed to breast feed her daughter every time, but she had to follow a strict schedule. In nights whenever baby woke up, Sameer too got up with her and himself prepared the formula milk for her, and gave that to Naina to feed her.

For onlookers everything was fine, but Naina... She was extremely distressed and even worried. In all those days, he never once even touch the little baby, never once he looked at her and play with her or even smile at her. Naina was really worried. She tried to talk to him once and twice, but all he replied just a simple 'everything is fine', but she knew that it's not....

However she couldn't talk to him in the hospital well, but now willing to infact eagerly waiting for some moments to talk to him properly. In these all days his indifference led to such a extent that they couldn't even name their princess and all have their own version of her name.

With a sigh, Naina thought everything, got up and went to talk to him.

"Sameer... Mujhe tumse baat karni hai...",she initiated the conversation slowly.

"Hmm, bolo naa...",he was arranging baby's cloths in cupboard and replied softly.

"Sameer, humne ab tak gudiya ka koi naam nahi rakha... Kuch socha hai tumne...",she asked.

"Nahi... Umm, tum jo chaho rakh lo... Puja toh ho hi gayi hai...",his hands paused for a moment then he replied without looking at her.

"Sameer, kya hua hai tumhe... Ab toh sab thik hai naa...",she asked a bit restless.

"Sab thik hai really... Haa tumhe lagta hai toh thik hi hoga...",his tone suddenly went sarcastic.

"Sameer please... Jo bhi hai mujhse baat nahi karoge to kaise janungi... Kuch puchhu toh kahte ho ki sab thik hai, aur fr aise... Gudiya ki taraf dekhte tak nahi, use ek baar god me tak nahi liya... Aakhir kab tak aise behave karoge...", she was slightly agitated and angry.

"Tumhe lagta hai mai koi pathar hu... mujhe aise acha lagta hai...  Mujhe acha lagta hai ki mai use.... ",He suddenly shouted.

"Sameer baat toh karo... Please...",she softly asked trying to get up but hissed as her stitches were still painful.

"Ruko...", Sameer instantly held her, then sighed and replied,"mai koshish kar rha hu Naina... Yakin jaano bhut jyada koshish kar rha hu, lekin wo din... Mere dil se ye baat jati hi nahi ki uski wajah se tum itna dur chali gayi thi... Maine toh kho hi diya tha tumhe... Mujhe acha nahi lagta Naina... Mai kitna bhi chahu ye dard jata hi nahi... Us... Tumhari gudiya... Usse koi shikayat nahi mujhe, par jab bhi use dekhne ki koshish karta hu mujhe sirf tumhara safed padta hua chehra yaad aata hai... Jab bhi uski awaj sunta hu,  Wo... Wo doctor ka bhi jwab de dena... Tumhari thamti huyi saansein... Wo ghutan, wo dard... Wo sab yaad aata hai... Mujhse sach me nahi ho rha... Mujhe bhut dard hota hai... Bhut jyada...", replying her quietly he himself didn't know when his eyes spilled, when that freaking pain and restlessness took over and he hugged her tightly.

Although Naina knew his unsaid pain and anger both, but this time she was stunned sensing the gravity of his pain and troubled heart.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

309K 21.2K 106
This book contain short stories... 🙏 Cover by - @sidnaaz23
43.5K 1.9K 9
It started all when Kavita came back on new year party...She was expecting she will get her love but little she knew it was already someone else love...
1.2K 47 10
यह कहानी एक दुख भरी और प्यार भरी है Omegavers arrange marriage की है जहां पर थोड़ा खट्टा मीठा प्यार देखने को मिलेगा wangji और wy कैसे प्यार होगा इस...
24.5K 1.1K 14
Hello everyone . It's a RN story but more on a brother sister concept. Its totally my imagination and I haven't copy any part of it from anywhere bu...