Tale of Two Hoods (Completed)

By thereallashleynicole

Two different people from two different sides of Atlanta. Kirkwood and Buckhead. The hood and the suburbs. Wh... More

one
two
three
four
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty - two
twenty - three
twenty - four
twenty - five
twenty - six
twenty - seven
twenty - eight
twenty - nine
thirty
thirty - one
thirty - two
thirty - three
thirty - four
thirty - five
thirty - six
thirty - seven
thirty - eight
thirty - nine
forty
forty - one
forty - two
forty - three
forty - four
forty - five
forty - six
forty - seven
NEW BOOK

five

1.1K 47 12
By thereallashleynicole

~Isaiah POV

I was looking at the time, it was 8:30. I had to get out of here now if I wanted to make it to the fight. "Where's the bathroom?" I asked looking at Jessica. Before she could answer, gunshots took over the room. I grabbed Jessica arm running out the house. I got in my car waiting for her to get in. "The fuck are you doing! Get in!" I yelled to her through the window.

"I need to get in my car. I don't know where I parked." She said. "You want to find your car or get shot?" She opened the door getting in. I pulled off. "Can you take me to my car."

"It's a shootout going on and you're really worried about a car. I'll just take you home." I said. "I can't leave my car here. My dad will kill me." She said. I had to get going now if I wanted to make it to the fight. "Look I have to go somewhere like now. I'll just bring you back to your car when I'm done."

I'm going to regret bringing her here.

"Where do you have to be? And why do I have to go with you?" She asked. "Look we're already away from your car so it doesn't matter."

**

I pulled up to the ring. The match started in five minutes. "Stay in the car." I said grabbing my bag from the bag seat. "You brought me to a mysterious building and you're telling me to stay in the car. You're just making it easy for me to think you're doing something bad." She said.

"Stop talking please. I won't be long. Stay in the fucking car." I got out walking inside. "Isaiah man you almost lost five grand. What's going on?" Raymond said when I got in. "Traffic. Let me change my pants and I'm ready." I walked to the back taking off my jeans. I put on some basketball shorts and took off my jacket. I put my mouth guard in and put on my gloves. I walked back out.

"Ready."

~Jessica POV

It had been twenty minutes and I was still sitting in the car. I pulled out my phone seeing it was dead. "And there's no charger." I said to myself. "Yeah I'm not sitting in here." I got out the car. As I approached the door I could hear yelling. I opened the door and seen a building full of people.

"What in the hell." I said to myself.

"Hey have you seen a guy named Isaiah?" I asked a guy. "Uhh you mean the guy up there?" He asked pointing making me look up. I pushed through the crowd seeing Isaiah fighting some big dude.

"ONE! TWO! THREE! HE'S OUT!" Some other guy yelled. He grabbed Isaiah's hand raising it in the air. "The winner of the fight and five thousand dollars! ZAY!" People in the crowd starting cheering. He looked around the crowd until he saw me. He hopped out the ring grabbing my arm. "I told you stay in the car!" He yelled over the crowd.

"I got bored and my phone died." I said.

"Zay wait a second." The guy said approaching us. "Here's your money." He said handing him an envelope. "Preciate you Raymond. I'll see you later." He grabbed my arm again and dragged me outside. "Um can you let go of me." I said snatching my arm away once we got outside. "I told you stay out here. Why didn't you?"

"Why does it matter? You scared I was going to see your little fight club?" I scoffed. "Stay here. I have to go back in and get my bag." He walked off leaving me. Again.

~Isaiah POV

"Who's the girl you brought here. You know we don't do outsiders." Raymond said when I walked in his office. "Don't worry about her. She won't be a problem."

"She better not be. I don't need no cops showing up here Isaiah."

"Yeah. Yeah. I'll see you Raymond." I grabbed my bag getting in the car. "So this is where you got that big gash under your eye?" She asked as I pulled off. "Mind your business." I said. "What is it with you?"

"What are you talking about?" I asked. "I don't know anything about you and now you're bringing me to random fight clubs." She scoffed. "You must have a problem with minding yours."

"I think I should be getting to know the dude that I'm basically going to have to work with for the rest of the semester. You're not really giving me good things to go off here."

I didn't say anything. I made my way back to her car.

**

"Thank you for getting me back safely I guess." She said when I pulled up to her car. "Let's work on the project tomorrow. Maybe then you can ask me whatever you want to know." I said to her. "Thank you. I'll text you my address, we can work on it at my house." She got out the car getting in hers. I waited for her to pull off and I made my way home.

*Next Day*

~Jessica POV

"Dad what are you doing today?" I said walking in his room. "Uh, got a meeting with some clients over here in a few hours why?" He asked. "Well that guy that I'm working with is coming over so we can get some stuff done. Is that okay with you?"

"Sure thing. Just let me know when he gets here."

"Glad you said yes because he's kind of outside." I said making him laugh a little. He got out the bed following me out to where Isaiah was. "Glad to see you actually came." I said to him. "Whatever." He said.

"What's your name son?" My dad asked. "Isaiah. Nice to meet you sir." He said holding his hand out. "Look, no offense to you son but I don't need my daughter hanging around no thugs like you." My dad said looking him up and down. "Dad are you serious." I said looking at him.

"First off, I'm not a thug. I'm an 18 year old kid with a 4.1 grade point average with acceptance letters to six colleges. And no offense to you sir, but fuck you." He said. "Okay I don't think this was a good idea." I said.

"You better watch your mouth boy." My dad said. "Or what?" He said stepping to my dad.

"Isaiah is it cool if we go to your place?" I asked. "Yeah whatever." He walked off getting back in his car. "Dad why would you say that to him?"

"He looks like he's up to no good. You don't need to be going to his place." He said. "Dad, he's perfectly fine. I'm going to get my stuff and I'm going with him. I'll see you later."

~Isaiah POV

"I am so sorry he said that." Jessica said getting in my car. "You ready?" I said ignoring it. "Yeah."

My house was about fifteen minutes away.

We pulled up to my house. "Wow. You live here?" She said as I we got out the car. "Yep." I unlocked the door and we walked in. "Your parents home?" She asked.

"You hungry? I got some leftovers in the fridge." I said ignoring her question. "Uhh sure. But are you just going to ignore my question?" She asked.

"My parents are dead. Next question." I said. "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry." She said. "You didn't know. But I'm guessing your next question is what happened?" I asked looking at her. "If you don't want to talk about it that's fine."

"Nah it's okay. They died in a car accident when I was fourteen. I moved in with my auntie back in Kirkwood." I said. "So how'd you end up here? In Buckhead." She asked. "Well this was my parents house. They were rich. Before I moved to Kirkwood I was in and out of different schools. Then I went to Maynard. I was getting into a lot of trouble so she moved me back into my parents house and yeah. Now we're here." I said.

"And yesterday. What was all that about?"

"Well I have IED. Intermittent explosive disorder, I was diagnosed when my parents died. It causes me to have anger outbursts and shit like that, but I've gotten better with controlling it. Fighting is how I can control it." I said.

"Well, I'm sorry."

"It's cool."

"Is that why you don't talk about yourself? Because of your parents?" She asked. "That plays a role but it's not the big reason. Anytime I get close to people or feel like I'm making a relationship with someone, something bad always happens." I said. "Something bad?"

"They leave, die, or we just fall out. So I prefer to not get close to people. Therefore I won't get hurt." I shrugged handing her some food. "Well I ain't leaving no time soon so it won't hurt for us to become friends." She said.

"Yeah. That's what everybody says."

MAKE SURE TO VOTE ⭐️
MAKE SURE TO COMMENT 💬
MAKE SURE TO ADD TO YOUR LIBRARY 📚

~ashkash2 💋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.2K 495 62
divergent fan fiction in high school plus vampire diaries. What happens after high school?
1.1M 36.6K 53
What happens when two polar opposites cross paths?
Brad & Nick By Lex

Teen Fiction

138K 7.3K 23
Two Bros. One Friendship. One may or may not be in love with the other bro's boyfriend.
31.8K 1.7K 22
Fresh outta Rikers prison and all I got is revenge on my mind. Somebody set me up and snitched but ion fuck with too many people. So it was somebody...