[BOOK 1] Macross: Voltron ||...

By DrCr0ss0ver

Lt. Mathias Hunter Anderson, ace pilot of Macross Garrison, never would have expected to be flung from a war... More

Chapter 1: Lost
Chapter 2: The Unknown Pilot of... Earth??
Chapter 3: History Lesson
Chapter 4: A fight for dear life
Chapter 5: Bloodshed
Chapter 7: Reunion
Chapter 8: Begin the Blitz
Chapter 9: The Siren's Song
Chapter 10: Prisoners + Blood duel
Chapter 11: Graveyard
Chapter 12: Defender of all Universes
Chapter 13: Journal
Chapter 14: Sacrifice
Chapter 15: Death's Door
Chapter 16: Recovery
Chapter 17: SHORT 1: Discovery
Chapter 18: SHORT 2: Destroid Defense
Chapter 19: SHORT 3: SDFN-12
Chapter 20: IGF Macross
Chapter 21: Lion's Pride
Chapter 22: SDF-1, Defender of the Earth
Chapter 23: SDF-0
Chapter 24: Lift off
The Future of the SDVF Series
*SPOILERS FOR THE NEXT CHAPTERS*

Chapter 6: The Dimensional Paladin

84 5 2
By DrCr0ss0ver

A Macross meme I found that I wanted to share lol

The Continuation of Bloodshed. The time is now to find out the fate of Mathias Hunter Anderson, or if he has too much damn plot armor, idk...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lance and Keith roamed the massive corridors of the Castle. The two were having a small conversation, laughing and having a great time. Lance usually wasn't awake at this time, but today he felt too energized to be sleeping. The two talked about random topics before it suddenly turned to it being about Mathias and Pidge. At first, the two joked about the two being a perfect match, but the more they spoke about it, the more connections were built between the two.

"Those two are always hanging around each other working on inventions, laughing all the time! It's absurd!" Lance shouted as he threw his arms outward.

"You think Mathias could be hiding it?" Keith asked, his hands just in his pockets.

"I mean, he's been hanging with her constantly for the past couple of weeks, surely he's getting something for her," Lance shrugged as they turned a corner.

"I don't know, Lance, I'm not sure how anyone could hide something like that!" Keith chucked. An ear piercing scream came from ahead, which shook both Paladins to their core. They knew where that came from. They knew who that came from. Both Paladins began taking off down the end of the hallway and turned the corner. They approached a door to a dorm, Pidge's dorm, where Keith opened the door. Both Paladins gaped in horror at the sight right before them. Blood was everywhere. On the walls of her bed, on her bed, on her. Mathias was tucked into Pidge's arms, she was crying her eyes off. He was covered in blood, his own blood. She looked up at the horrified Paladins before her. Keith was just stun locked for a moment. Lance looked horrified, covering his mouth, either like he was about to throw up or hid his mouth.

"I-I don't k-know what happened... o-one minute he was fine, the next-," Pidge tried to speak through her crying, but everything was just hoarse. Keith, wasting no time, quickly picked up Mathias' body and rushed out of the room. Lance darted to Pidge's side, quickly wrapping his arms around the small girl.

"It'll be okay, Pidge... he'll be fine..." he tried to whisper to her. All she was doing was just crying. She wasn't talking, moving, anything. She looked terrified, which Lance couldn't really blame her for. He could hear Keith speaking to everyone from a comms station behind him.

"MEDICAL EMERGENCY! MATHIAS IS DYING! I NEED A HEALING POD ACTIVE, NOW!!" Keith shouted through the comms.

"What happened?!" Shiro hastily responded.

"-Pidge's room. We found him covered in his own blood! Pidge was crying!" Keith responded, his breathing sounded heavy.

"We'll be right there!" Shiro shouted before the line went dead. Lance slowly stood up.

"Let's go to the medbay, okay?" He asked softly, trying to reassure the frightened girl. To his surprise, she slowly nodded. She grabbed his arm and the two walked to the medbay, Mathias's blood stained on their clothes, but mostly on Pidge's. They could see a small blood trail that slowly increases in size as they progressed into the medbay. When they entered, they walked into everyone but Shiro in the room staring at the pilot, floating in the healing pod's blue liquids. They all held very worried expressions on their faces, however, when they faced Pidge, their faces dropped even more. Pidge walked over to the pod and looked at Mathias. Her eyes were incredibly red, deep shadows had formed under them.

"-seems he's barely hanging on to life. I don't know how he managed to remain like that for so long without blacking out." Coran said as he twirled his mustache.

"Is he going to make it?" Hunk asked, he looked sick to his core.

"He should, but it's difficult to tell when he should awaken," Coran said solemnly.

"I thought his suit protected him from those weapons?" Keith asked out loud.

"I'm not sure how they penetrated, but it might be that the phase shift of the armor and the weapons did not match, so they did hit his armor, but they phased through it and punctured him in the back as well..." Hunk said quietly, quickly stopping when he noticed Pidge looked even more upset.

"Pidge, I'm terribly sorry you had to see all that," Allura gently said as she approached the small Paladin. She looked at her clothes for a moment before continuing, "perhaps we should get you some fresh clothes while we attempt to wash away the blood of those." Just then, Shiro walked in the room, carrying several wrinkled clothes, also covered in blood. There was also a thin towel in his arms that was once white, now entirely red.

"Shiro... what's that?" Lance asked, pointing to the clothes in his hand. It was at this point they realized they were Mathias' spare clothes. He knew he was wounded! Why didn't he tell the others!?

"He wrapped his body with the towel to try and slow down the bleeding. I... I think he did it to keep us from worrying about him." Shiro apple softly.

"But why keep that from us? We're family! We don't... we don't hide things like that?!" Lance shouted, he was slightly angry from hearing the fact.

"He didn't feel like he was meaningful..." Pidge's wavering voice caught everyone's ears.

"W...what?" Allura was baffled by what she heard.

"He... saved me by placing me in the pod... he said... he was a nobody here... and that I was more valuable than him... it's one main reason why he stayed onboard when the pod left..." Pidge rubbed her eyes, which only caused them to sting more than they already were. There was a silence that lasted an uncomfortable minute before Shiro spoke up, placing his mechanical hand gently in Pidge's shoulder.

"Pidge, go to your room and change. I'll come by later and clean up your room. You can come sleep in my bed if you need to, okay?" Shiro said softly. Pidge gave a harsh sniffle before nodding. The two walked out of the infirmary, leaving the rest of the group looking over the wounded fighter pilot.

~ Fast forward ~

It's been a couple hours since the incident. Pidge had mostly recovered from the trauma, but she was too awake to go to bed. Every time she closed her eyes and tried to sleep, all she could see was blood... blood everywhere. She was walking the halls of the castle, she had on her spare clothes, as her others were stained, to say the least. She stopped when she approached a door, a door to Mathias' room. She didn't know why, but there was a feeling in her soul that said to enter. Carefully, she reached the controls to open the door. The doors opened, revealing a large room, with multiple tables with equipment on them. She didn't realize it until now there was music playing in his room. It sounded heart touching.

Music: May'n - Diamond Crevasse - plays...

There was a projection of an album with a very pretty girl posing. Pidge recognized the singer as the songstress Sheryl Nome from Mathias' history lesson. Her voice was rather soothing, waverly and beautiful. Pidge could see some red stains on the bed, indicating that some blood dripped down and landed on the bed. That's when Pidge decided to look around, and she noted a few things on the tables nearby, and a stand for an exo suit. It wasn't his EX-GEAR systems, that's still in his fighter. She walked over to it and looked at it from different angles. It was definitely based off of his other suit, but it was different. It looks like there was Altean materials and technology built in. It looks like he was experimenting with augmenting his technology with their own.  It was barely recognizable, only the skeletal formation of the body made it clear he was working on a second set.  

'Truly genius!' she said to herself as she moved onto the tables nearby the bed. She could see a laser pistol skeleton with components laying around it. Looks like he was making another weapon. Her eyes shifted to a datapad nearby that was active, which she was surprised that she didn't even notice until now. She grabbed the datapad and flopped onto the bed, avoiding the small puddles of stains. She didn't know what was on the datapad, but a part of her wanted to investigate. And yet, there was a portion of her that said not to invade his privacy. Swallowing her slight fear, she opened up the data pad to a random point in the database. She realized these were personal log entries. Shakily, she pressed play on her first entry.

"Entry 115. Date: September 17, 2069. Commander Taylor gave me this datapad journal for log entries. Might help me keep up with the past in the future, or something. To be fair, I was running out of my notepad to continue these entries... ...it's been nearly two years since the Windermereans tried to mind control everyone in the galaxy, using the Song of the stars, I still get nightmares about losing myself.  That song, despite its beauty, still haunts me... Even though I wasn't affected by the Var, that feeling..." there was a very long pause before a hefty sigh, "...I bet that's what the Var feel. Emptiness... Loneliness..." The logs were only audio, which Pidge could understand as to why. She noticed a lot of the files had corrupted over time, which was a little disappointing. Another file came up, this one much later.

"Entry 146. Date: January 13, 2070. My squad has been moved to the Macross Garrison as part of its fleet offensive. My fighter got a major overhaul, but because it was an older model, the modifications weren't extensive." It skipped to another entry.

"Entry 178. Date: March 2, 2070. Angela, an old friend of mine, was moved to my squad! It felt so nice to see an old friend again!" Another log played...

"Entry 230. Date: November 3, 2070. I was promoted to 2nd Lieutenant because of my valor in destroying a rebel installation. I don't get why people would revolt against the U.N Government? They listen to their people, do they not?" Another log began.

"Entry 245. Date: December 14, 2070. Commander Talyor promoted me to 1st Lieutenant after Romero was moved to another squadron, and I was given the callsign: Aigaion 2. He also gave me a new fighter: A VF-31A Model fighter, a direct upgrade to my VF-25, or at least I hope it will be." Pidge realized this was drawing closer to when they first found him.

"Entry 246. Date: unknown. I fell into a singularity during a battle with a hostile Zentraedi fleet, and ended up in unfamiliar space. ...Commander Taylor is dead... I assume Angela is taking command of the Aigaion squad now that I'm... gone. I came to find out that I have been warped across realities, if that was somehow possible, to a different reality without Protoculture. Nothing of my universe exists here in this one. I was rescued by a group from Earth called the Paladins of Voltron. Apparently, a race called the Galra had tried to capture me, and God knows what else... this is all just a lot to take in-" the data pad suddenly died, leaving Pidge in an empty room listening to the music, which had just finished playing. Her ears perked up when she heard a new voice singing. It wasn't professional like Sheryl's was, but it was familiar. Her eyes widened when she realized it was Mathias singing.

"Aimo Aimo neede ruushe,

Noinamiria enderu purotea,

Foto mi...

Koko wa attakana umi da yo..."

She never knew he was a singer. She knew he hummed tunes every once and a while when they worked together, but never a full on song. His voice was soothing, gentle and warming. This song was calming, like her frustrations were being washed away in a gentle tide.

"Ruurei rureia

Sora wa mau hibari wa namida

Ruurei rureia

Omae wa yasashi midori no ko

Aimo Aimo neede ruushe,

Noinamiria enderu purotea,

Foto mi...

Koko wa attakana umi da yo..."

Pidge paused the music and walked out of the room. For some reason, she felt better than before. She traversed the corridors to her room and flopped on the bed, exhausted. Her mind wandered away into a sleep, and for once, not clouded with nightmares, but a peaceful sleep.

~ Fast forward 2 days~

"Are you serious!?" Pidge jumped up in excitement from her chair, nearly spilling her food on the table.

Allura nodded, "his vitals have stabilized and most of his external and internal wounds have healed, aside from some minor bruising. He should be out a little under a Varga, but it's unknown if he will still be unconscious once he leaves."

"Is our Pidge excited to see him again..?" Lance teased as he poked at her.

"T-That's not-" Pidge recoiled away from him with slight anger and disdain, her cheeks slightly pink.

Lance's eyes widened as his smile widened even moreso, "You do have a crush on him!"

Pidge pointed at him accusingly, "HEY! I'M ONLY CONCERNED ABOUT HIM BECAUSE NOT ONLY HE'S AN AMAZING FRIEND, BUT HE NEARLY BLED OUT IN MY ROOM!" She was pissed, which everyone but Lance could see.

"Suuure," he said sarcastically, rolling his eyes.

"Lance McClain, don't make me kick your a-" Pidge's sentence was immediately cut off by Shiro placing his mechanical hand over Pidge's mouth. She huffed while she was muffled in anger.

"Okay... enough of that," Shiro quickly stated in order to keep the peace. Pidge pushed away from Shiro's grasp and walked out of the kitchen. Shiro gave her a curious look, "hey, where are you going?"

"To the infirmary," she said bluntly before walking out of view. The others in the room simply looked at each other and shrugged. Lance, on the other hand, was smiling on the inside. She totally had a crush on him.

~ Fast Forward ~

Pidge had her back to the healing pod Mathias was in. She didn't say anything, even when she got there. The only thing she did was sit there in silence, her mind wandering on with each passing minute. Pidge gave a small sigh as she closed her eyes. Just yesterday, the two of them were laughing together as they made inventions and ideas. Now, she was there alone. Her eyes shot up when a door broke her thoughts. She looked up to see everyone walking towards the pod. They had looks of concern for her, but were also eager to know something.

"You okay, Pidge?" Shiro asked softly as he kneeled down to the small Paladin.

She nodded slightly, "yeah... I'm okay." She sounded quieter than usual.

"How much longer, Coran?" Lance asked as he looked into the pod Mathias was in.

"Any dobash now, actually!" Coran said matter of factly.

Pidge suddenly jumped on her feet, "wait, really?"

Coran nodded, "he'll be out in a dobash, minimum."

"Awesome!" Hunk shouted with joy.

"By the way, did we clean out his fighter?" Lance suddenly asked. Pidge flinched slightly. After Mathias had been rushed to the and she had slightly recovered from her shock. She decided to examine his fighter and found a large bloodstain in the back of his seat. She told everyone about it, which slightly raised concern for everyone. She left as they came in with cleaning supplies, but she wasn't sure if they managed to clean all of the blood.

"I made one-hundred percent sure to filter out everything inside!" Coran saluted with pride.

"Sounds good," Shiro said as a heavy sizzling sound suddenly erupted from the pod. Everyone perked up to a mist escaping the pod as Mathias suddenly dropped out of the pod. Hunk quickly caught the pilot before he fell onto the hard floor. His body was limp and cold, but he was okay. His hair, no longer in a ponytail, fluttered around everywhere. It looked a little odd on him without his usual ponytail.

"Mathias?" Hunk asked, not wanting to shake him just in case. Mathias gave a small groan and slightly stirred, but nothing else happened.

"I guess he's exhausted, then," Keith said. Everyone murmured in agreement to what Keith said.

"...not... exhausted... your voices are too... damn loud..." a voice picked up in everyone's ears. Everyone looked to see Mathias slowly opening his eyes and looking up at everyone. He slowly stood up, breaking out of Hunk's surprisingly gentle grasp. Everyone's smile widened, except for Keith, who only kept a small smirk on his face, as they rushed over to Mathias' side. He chuckled lightly, until he saw Pidge. His smile faded slightly as Pidge approached in front of him. She stopped a few feet in front of him, only to abruptly charge in and wrap her arms around him. Mathias recoiled from the sudden hug attack, nearly falling over. Mathias was stunned by the move Pidge made, why would she hug him like that.

She moved her body back slightly and pointed a finger near his face. "Don't you DARE scare me like that again!" She screamed at him. Mathias saw tears in her eyes, as her cheeks puffed in an angrily manner. It would've been adorable had he not been critically injured. Mathias mentally shook his head, why did he think that?!

"I can't be left out of this!" Hunk suddenly said as he rushed forward and joined the hug. Soon enough, everyone including Keith, though from a distance, joined in on the hug. The combined weight of everyone began to squish the poor pilot.

"-ACH. Guys... air... please..." Mathias huffed out barely. Everyone slowly backed off to give the pilot breathing room, literally.

Shiro dropped the small grin on his face to a much more serious expression, "Mathias... why did you not tell us you were injured?"

Mathias' expression also fell as he looked slightly away from Shiro in shame, "I..." he paused, sighing slightly before continuing, "I... didn't want to make you worry... I'm not..." Mathias looked down more to the ground, not wanting to make eye contact with the others, "...I'm sorry..."

Shiro placed his mechanical hand on Mathias' shoulder, causing the young pilot to look up at him. Shiro's expression was concerned, but also stern. "Mathias, you're not a nobody to the team. You are one of the greatest pilots out there, and you're super special, because you have things some could only dream of. Not to mention, you are an ace in your time, are you not?" Mathias slowly nodded, "then you are amazing at what you do. Stop letting yourself down." Shiro suddenly pulled him into a loving embracement, startling the pilot. He was stunned, but slowly returned the hug. "Just because you are not like us doesn't mean you aren't significant. You may not be a Paladin of Voltron, you still fight alongside us. You are a Paladin to us. You'll make that known to the universe as well."

Mathias felt a little unusual about what Shiro said, but nevertheless, it did make him feel slightly better. "Thanks, Shiro..." Mathias' eyes slightly widened at the realization of something pulling away from Shiro, "wait, what happened to the prisoners that we rescued?"

"They were sent back to their homeworlds or joined up with other smaller resistance groups for shelter," Keith stated from behind Mathias.

"I see..." Mathias slowly nodded his head. He felt the back of his head felt a little off, he scratched it, only to then realize his hair was straight down. It was then he realized his clothes were ruined as well. Mathias rubbed the back of his with a small laugh, "is it alright if I go and change, maybe fix up my hair a bit?" A sudden growl erupted from his stomach startling even him, "and... maybe something to eat as well..?" He suddenly started to giggled, which then erupted into a full on waterfall of laughs, everyone else joining in on the fun. It was good to be whole again. The team began to walk towards the kitchen, when out of nowhere, Lance suddenly spoke up

"I think you need a new call sign, besides your squad's name!" Lance suggested randomly.

Mathias looked at him and raised an eyebrow, "what do you mean?"

Lance shrugged, "I dunno, I feel like you need a cool nickname besides what we call you. If the universe knows your name, you gotta sound cool, right?"

Mathias placed a hand under his chin, "yeah, I guess you're right... What kinda ideas do you have?"

Pidge suddenly leaned into whisper range, "bad call there," then returned to her normal posture.

"How about... no... OH! What if- no..." Lance seemed to mutter to himself for a moment.

"Lance..." Keith nudged him.

"For once, I got nothing..." Lance slumped over.

"I've got an idea!" A voice rang out from below him. Everyone stopped to look at Pidge, who held a large grin on her face.

Mathias raised an eyebrow at her, "what's concocting in that mind of yours this time?"

"How about... 'The Dimensional Paladin?'" She smugly pressed her glasses.

Mathias thought about it for a moment, before nodding with a small smile, "I like it. It's got a nice ring to it." Mathias motioned for everyone to keep on to the Kitchen. His mind had begun to warp around a single thought in his consciousness. The Paladins, Allura, Coran... they were no longer friends... they were family.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

???, two years ago; Voltron Timeline

The crashing dark blue tides collided onto the rocks on the cliffside. A storm erupting around the sparkling nature. The wind was howling as trees and bushes were waving with the intense breeze. From the way that it was all happening, it all appeared to be a scene from a hurricane on Earth. Despite the howling storm, everything was peaceful, that was until a massive pink and purple like vortex appearing above the cloud lines, only barely visible through the darkened skies. It remained in the sky for a moment before suddenly closing in on itself. Even though the roars of the skies dampened the sounds of the vortex, the sound of it closing could be heard for miles. There were an eerie few moments of pure stillness in the skies for a moment, before something massive began to puncture through the clouds. Two mechanical legs fell from the skies and slowly floated down to the surface of the water. The badly damaged legs of the mech punctured through the waters, its body slowly sinking into the waters as its arms rested upon the surface of the water. Its landing created a massive wave of water that devastated the rock surfaces nearby. Its badly damaged body remained above the surface of the waters. There was now its resting place for the badly damaged battlecruiser. The only thing that could be seen from the distance was its badly damaged body, its arms, the railguns embedded into its shoulders, and the two massive guns that pierced the sky with its ferocity.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Honestly a weaker chapter, IMO.

What do you think about it?

A Comment is appreciated!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 56 8
Astra ~ Voltron Soulmate Book Astra was caught maybe centuries ago by the Galra and fought in the games to please the Galra boardom, but now, she's...
61.7K 1.8K 19
Y'all this shits cringe stop reading it pls 😭 Cover by: https://twitter.com/rainlikestars Lance, Shiro, Hunk, Pidge, and Allura are the five Paladin...
56K 1.6K 20
(Klance / Keitor) - (Complete) [SOON TO UNDERGO HEAVY REVISION] Yorak, the part Galra, part Altean, part Human hybrid. Meant to marry Lotor and becom...
23.6K 457 19
(Keith x OC) Staring up at the night sky, Elle always thought she'd simply explore within the Solar System. She didn't expect to be fighting in an in...