Sentimentality (Sakura x Male...

By Roverflame

Kim Y/N is about to begin his days as a college student. Separated from his parents who constantly worry abou... More

Teaser
Chapter 1: A New Life
Chapter 2: A Chance Meeting
Chapter 3: First Day
Chapter 4: Golden Hour
Chapter 5: My Friend, My Rival
Chapter 7: Uncertainties
Chapter 8: At Home
Chapter 9: Portfolio
Chapter 10: Unrequited Feeling
Chapter 11: Downpour
Chapter 12: By Your Side
Chapter 13: Answers
Chapter 14: Warmth
Chapter 15: Breakaway
Chapter 16: Resolve
Chapter 17: Affection
Chapter 18: Favor
Chapter 19: Temptation
Chapter 20: Confession Pt. 1
Chapter 21: Confession Pt. 2
Chapter 22: Fulfillment
Chapter 23: Dating Plans
Chapter 24: Siblings
Chapter 25: Family
Chapter 26: Awkwardness
Chapter 27: Agony
Chapter 28: Phantom
Chapter 29: Reunion
Chapter 30: Solitude
Chapter 31: Holiday
Chapter 32: Nightglow
Chapter 33: Interval
Chapter 34: Memory Pt. 1
Chapter 35: Memory Pt. 2
Chapter 36: Resolve
Chapter 37: Return
Chapter 38: Closure
Chapter 39: You and I
Chapter 40: Sentimentality

Chapter 6: Sympathy

533 42 50
By Roverflame

"It's over, but why do I feel uneasy?"

"I should be happy for them now. Soon, Kkura would finally have a chance with him, right?"

"But still, why do I feel this way? Did I do the right thing?"

These are the questions that linger in Y/N's mind as he walks in the city streets alone. He didn't want to go home yet, all because he can't shake the feeling that he may have made a mistake. Just by thinking about it is starting to cause him pain that he thought was familiar. It's as if that this isn't the first time that he felt this way.

"I don't understand. Somehow just by thinking about them being together makes my heart ache. Yet, why do I feel that this had happened before." He thought.

"No, that's impossible. Why would you think that way, Y/N? I'm sure that I never had any relationships before, and that's the truth! This is actually the first time I fell for someone this much, but I guess it was not meant to be. Okay, calm down. You finally told Vernon everything, so there's no changing that now. You'll eventually encounter someone who will feel the same way for you. Yes, that's it. All I need is patience." He said, trying to convince himself.

He was so occupied with his own thoughts that he didn't notice a person walking towards him. It was a mistake, and he accidentally bumped into her. The two of them both fell on the ground.

"Aw crap, that hurts! Watch where you're going, pabo!" The person yelled to him.

"I'm so sorry, miss! I wasn't paying attention while walking! Are you all right?" Y/N said as he helps her get up.

"Yeah, I guess. Try and pay attention to where you're walking next time, okay? Then again, I guess I'm one to talk." She said to him, as she was also busy with her phone when Y/N bumped into her.

"Then it seems we're both at fault, then. I still have to apologize to you, though. Wait a minute, you look familiar." Y/N said, as he tries to remember where she saw this girl.

"Of course I am, idiot. I'm the one who saw you smiling without a care in the world during your first day here. "

Her words made him realize who she was, as he finally recalls seeing her before.

"You, you're the girl wearing a hooded jacket from before!" He said in a loud voice, which startled her.

"Aish, keep it down, will you? But yeah, you're right. That would be me. Kim Y/N, was it?"

"That's right. Now that I think about it, we never had a chance to introduce ourselves. Well, it's practically your fault, since you ignored me that day." He said to her.

"My bad. It wasn't my intention to be rude, but I'm sorry for ignoring you. I was busy thinking about a lot of stuff that day, but that's not a good reason to ignore someone. Let's start over, shall we? My name is Choi Yena. Like you, I'm a college student at Seoul University too, taking up Psychology. It's good to meet you, Y/N." She said in a tomboyish voice, as she and Y/N shook hands.

"Since you already know my name, I won't introduce myself anymore. But I'm glad to finally have a chance to talk to you, Yena-ssi." He replied, with both of them smiling.

"So uh, I don't mean to pry, but it seemed like you have a lot on in your mind, Y/N. Are you feeling okay?" She asked him.

"You're right, Yena. That's the reason why I wasn't paying attention while I was walking."

"Do you want to talk about it? I have a feeling that you needed someone to listen to what's bothering you right now. But if you don't want to, it's okay."

"Hmm, you seem like a very straightforward kind of person, aren't you?"

"You're not the first one who told me that. Let's just say that it's a habit of mine to listen to other people's problems. Surprised?"

"A little bit. To be honest, I felt a bit intimidated when I saw you walking past me before. Looks can be pretty deceptive, I guess."

"I know, right? Well then, what'll it be?"

"Fine, I'll take that offer. I don't want to go home yet while I'm still feeling like this." He told her.

"Good answer. Let's sit over there, shall we?" Yena said while pointing to a nearby bench.

Following her, Y/N went to sit beside her as Yena stared at the people walking the city streets.

"Want something to drink?" She offered.

"Sure. What do you have?"

Yena looked into the plastic bag she was carrying, and sighed as she remembered something.

"Something wrong?"

"Not really. I forgot that all I have here is canned coffee." She said, making him chuckle.

"That's great then. I love drinking coffee. Can I have some?"

"Here you go, knock yourself out." Yena teasingly said as she gave him one.

As they drink, the two of them were idly chatting about random stuff, with Y/N getting to know more about this new person that he met. In a way, he was able to feel comfortable talking to her. He thought that maybe it was just Yena's genuine personality that caused him to feel relaxed. Either way, he was glad to take her up on her offer.

Once he's in a better mood, Yena slowly began to ask him about what he was thinking about earlier. As expected, Y/N didn't give tell her some of the important details, but it was enough for her to know what's going on. Having heard his predicament, Yena felt both pity and disappointment as to why he did something like that.

"Okay, I think I get it now. Forgive me Y/N, but you're more stupid than I thought. Aish, if you truly like her, then why would you let your friend have a chance instead of you? Damn, you're better than this. Even if I try to help you now, it'll probably be too late." She said to him with an angry look on her face.

"I know, I'm such an idiot. I thought that I was doing the right thing, but look at happened to me now. I'm such a mess." He answered.

"No, that's not enough to describe you after what you did. Kim Y/N, you're the most stupid, pathetic, dull-witted, simple-minded, ignorant, brainless person I've ever met. I swear, every last one of those words is true!" Yena said in frustration.

"Ouch, you sure don't hold back, do you?"

"Trust me, this is me holding back. If I wasn't, then I could spend the whole night reprimanding you for being such a fool. But it's useless to do that now, isn't it?"

"Haha, you're right. Still, thank you for listening to me."

"I don't need an idiot thanking me for doing nothing. That's what frustrates me the most. I may look like I'm trying to lecture you about yourself, but I can't help it. It's part of who I am."

"That only makes you a good person Yena, and it's something to be proud of."

"Ahem, I don't need you to tell me that, either. So what are you going to do next?"

"I don't know. I figured that the best thing to do now is to cheer them on. As long as she's happy, then everything's fine."

"See what I mean? That's the kind of thinking that convinced me that you're a complete fool when it comes to a relationship. The only saving grace is that it's your first time falling for someone, so I'll forgive you, but just a little."

"Thanks for that, at least. It's true, I can't think of a way to change what I did. What's done is done."

"Yeah, you're probably right. The best thing for you to do is to try and move on. It's the only certain thing that you can do for yourself."

"Yeah, I guess. Again, thank you for listening to a fool like me, Yena."

"No thanks needed, because I did nothing. Come on, it's getting cold. I want to go home now." She said to him as she puts her hood back on.

Y/N agreed, and the two of them went back to the apartment complex.

Once they made it there, Y/N bid goodbye to her. But before he could go upstairs, Yena remembered something.

"Wait a second, Y/N. I forgot something."

"What is it?" He asked her.

"Here you go. I thought you could use this to unwind if you're still feeling stressed." She said as she gives him an envelope.

"Can I open it now?"

"Sure, go ahead. It's nothing special."

Y/N opened the envelope she gave him, only to find what seems to be a couple of concert tickets.

"Whoa, these must be expensive. Are you sure you want to give these to me?"

"Of course, stupid. You told me earlier that's it's your first time living in a city, right? I figured that it would be nice for you to attend one of these events. I swear you won't regret it." She said while smiling.

"Okay, thanks a lot. I owe you for this."

"You don't owe me anything; Y/N. Consider it my way of apologizing because I wasn't able to help you with your problem. That's for two people, so you can ask a friend to go with you. You do have friends, right?" She said in jest.

"Of course I do! I'm not a loner, if you must know." Y/N said as Yena waved at him.

As he was making his way towards his apartment, Y/N was feeling a bit happy for meeting someone like her today.

"Choi Yena, huh? Her personality reminds me of Minju's friends from back home. Maybe they'll get along well too, if they met each other." He thought.

A week had passed since then, and Y/N found himself celebrating with his friends because Vernon made it to the university baseball team. With this, they all decided to go with him to a family restaurant during a weekend night.

"Cheers!" They all said in unison, except for Wonwoo, who only raised his glass along with the others.

"Congratulations, Vernon. I for one had no doubt that you deserve this. On behalf of everyone here, I wish you good luck with the team." Y/N said, making Vernon smile at him.

"Thanks, Y/N. That means a lot coming from you. After all, you're the only one among these people who showed up to watch the tryouts last week. I am very disappointed with the rest of you." Vernon teased them.

"That's right. I'm the only one here whom you could call a true friend, Vernon." Y/N said, as he and Vernon bumped their fists together.

"We're sorry for not being there to watch you, Vernon. But this time, we promise to support you for your future games, right Hyewon-ah?" Sakura asked her.

"Y-yeah, I guess so. Can we eat now?" Hyewon said to them, making them all laugh at her.

"I agree with you, Hyewon-ssi. It is only proper that we should not let this sumptuous feast wait for us any longer." Wonwoo added.

"Okay? All right everyone, go ahead!" Vernon happily said to them, as the group begin their feast.

Together they all enjoyed a hearty meal, as Vernon made sure that everyone will have a good time today. It's just his simple way of saying thanks, for him having met these people whom he could call his friends.

But secretly, it was all part of his plan.

While the others are busy chatting among themselves, Vernon was observing Y/N intently. He saw him glancing at Sakura often, while trying not to make it obvious by talking to Wonwoo instead. He only needed one final proof to prove what he was thinking.

Once they finished their meal, he secretly gave a nod to Hyewon, who understood what he meant.

"Hey guys, I just remembered something. I needed to buy some things at the mall before it closes. I'm sorry that I have to leave early." Hyewon said to them.

"I see. Well then, thank you for celebrating with us today, Hyewon." Vernon said to her.

"If that's the case, maybe I should accompany you instead, Hyewon-ah. I think it's only-"

"No it's fine, Y/N! I can go on my own."

"No you're not, Hyewon-ah. Guys, do you mind if I go with her instead? I always wanted to hang out with Hyewon here, and I think this could be the best chance to do so!" Sakura said.

"You know what, that's a great idea, Sakura. Be careful then, both of you, and try to have fun." Vernon said as he smiled at them.

"We will. I'll see you all later then." Hyewon said as she and Sakura exited the restaurant.

"Hey you two, I don't think it's a good idea to leave them alone like that. It's getting late, and..."

"Relax, Y/N. Those two will be fine. After all, I think we could both agree that they're adults now, and I know that they can look after themselves. Now then, since it's just the three of us here, why don't we have some drinks?"

"I can't, Vernon. To be honest, I really don't drink alcohol." Y/N said to him.

"Well, there's a first time for everything, Y/N. Don't worry. We'll both drink just a few bottles and that's it. What do you say, Wonwoo-ssi?"

"Is that a challenge? If so, I accept! I'm pretty confident that I can hold my own against you and your schemes, Chwe Vernon." Wonwoo said with enthusiasm.

"I'm not challenging you or anything, but I guess that's a yes, then. All right, drinks are on me, so either of you don't need to pay for anything."

The three of them began their drinking session together. Thankfully, the restaurant doesn't have any other customers, so it's safe to say that they won't disturb anyone else.

"Perfect. Time for you to confess, Y/N." Vernon whispered to himself.

True to what he said, Y/N wasn't able to hold his liquor. Because of this, he went drunk after drinking just two and a half bottles of beer. On the other hand, Wonwoo was also the same, but unlike Y/N, he fell asleep after drinking four in a row.

With everything going on as he expected, Vernon began to ask some questions to Y/N.

"So Y/N, are you still all right? We can go home now if you want." Vernon began.

"No......I'm.....StiLL FiNE.....VErnOn.....I.....CaN..........DRinK.....MoRE....." He replied while in a groggy state.

"I don't think so. You might pass out so quickly, and if you do, I won't be able to hear what I want."

"WHaT.....ArE yOU..........TaLKinG ABouT?"

"Nothing serious, of course. But I thought that I never had a chance to thank you for what you did for me. Now I'm more confident that I can start dating Sakura."

"KKuRA......yES.....THaT's RIghT......Take cARe..........oF hER...........After aLL.........She CHosE yOU..........OveR Me.........."

"Hmm, why do you say that?"

"HAHAHA..........PabO..........yOU jUSt..........Don'T GeT it..........DO YoU?"

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"TcH......Don'T........PlaY DuMB...........BECause..........I.........."

Vernon can see tears were about to fall from Y/N's eyes, despite his drunken state.

"I............LikE HeR........TOO.........BuT ShE............CHosE YoU..........OvER ME.........."

Despite having expected this, Vernon was still shocked for him to admit about his true feelings towards her.

"I.....JuST..........WanTED HeR..........tO bE HapPY...........THaT's WhY I............"

"Y/N, I'm-"

"Don'T YoU DarE..........PiTy ME..........JuST..........TaKE CaRE........OF HeR........FoR ME.........."

With this, Y/N soon passed out, leaving Vernon to look after the two of them.

Vernon's POV:

At least, you're finally honest with me now, Y/N. Now that I know the truth, it's up to me to do something for you this time. You're my friend now, so it's only right for me to help you. But I guess we won't be able to remain as such once I'm done. You can hate me for all I care, but this the only thing I can think of just to get the outcome I want. I only hope that when the time comes, you'll be there for her, but I know you will.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.4K 1.5K 25
[Jungkook x Female Reader] ❝ Teacher and student... maybe that's all we were ever destined to be. ❞ This is a story following two people, with diffe...
5.5K 169 30
you attend a brand new school as you were new to korea. being the most good looking in school every single girl had a crush on you and day after day...
7.1K 361 48
DISCLAIMER!!! THIS IS PURELY FICTION PLZ DON'T SPREAD HATE FOR ANYONE AND ENJOY IT ONLY. THANKS. Kim Y/n is an 18-year-old girl and is in last year...
374 96 36
" Ok.. Guys.. I'll tell you... so the name of the female protagonist is Hwang Y/N and the name of the male protagonist is Kim Taehyung... . ________...