w o r r y w a r t || the prom...

By that_local_nerd

Worry is a feeling of anxiety about real or potential problems. But in a world where children are raised as f... More

info page
I - an ordinary day
III - physical pain and mental confusion
IV - the calm before the storm
V - further fatigue
VI - the untold stories
VII - three mental pillars and one bulldozer
VIII - well deserved rest
IX - the neverending game of tag has an end
X - the dirty work
XI - un-uttered words
XII - broom-fencing turning dark
XIII - finding the shepherd's dog
XIII.V - finding the shepherd's dog
XIV - the possibility of a lifebuoy
XV - a roller coaster of emotions
XVI - the good things end too quickly
XVII - two kinds of visitors, the same question
XVII.V - two kinds of visitors, the same question
XVII - every action has a consequence
IX - tree branches are not the only ones to crack
XX - knocking the queen piece off the chess game
A crimson-colored pact...
... that was meant to be broken
Announcement

II - now pay for your stubbornness

1.4K 50 140
By that_local_nerd

"I read in books that the outside world has so many clothes! I want to try them all!"

"I would like to eat delicious food!"

"I would like to go on a date with a cute girl!"

"Don, that wasn't very nice of you."

"Oh, I didn't mean it like that."

"I want to see a real train!"

"Ohh that's really wonderful Phil!" Y/n giggled as she and Ray approached the other children in the middle of their conversation.

"Y/n! What would you want to do after getting out of the house?" Emma asked with a bright smile that spread across her lips.

"I would like to write books! Like those we have here in our library, to bring joy to people."

"I am certain that Ray would enjoy reading those." Norman muttered receiving a glare from the ravenette.

Emma shifted her eyes to Norman totally oblivious to the comment the boy uttered. "And you Norman?"

"I would like to visit places and get to see things I have never seen!"

"What a fantastic idea!" The orange-haired girl exclaimed and looked over at Ray. "And you?"

"Well, after getting out I would have to survive first."

Y/n blinked her eyes a few times while searching for an answer on the boy's face but his expression remained unchanged.

"Well that's depressing." Don commented. "What about you Emma?"

"You want to ride a giraffe, right?" Ray asked, making Y/n smile at the memory of the conversation the four of the oldest kids had several years ago.

"I said that?" Emma giggled. "To be honest, I really don't want to leave this place. I want to stay here forever!"

The raven haired boy visibly tensed up, making Y/n put a hand on his back while patting it reassuringly.

"I promise I will write! I will write a lot of letters and never forget about you all!" Conny beamed.

"My sweet little angel." Y/n said while making her way towards Conny and patting her head. "Make sure little bunny doesn't forget us as well."

...

Y/n squeezed Conny in a hug not wanting her little sister to go. Goodbyes were always problematic for her. She pressed a kiss to the little girl's template.

"Remember, I will always love you." She murmured having her voice collected, but tears started pricking in her eyes. "If you don't like your new family, I will make sure mama brings you back is that alright?"

The little girl nodded her head sobbing quietly. "If mama wasn't our mom, then I would like to have you as my mama." Conny whispered while rubbing her eyes against the crook of Y/n's neck.

The older girl backed away slowly, while the caretaker of the house, Isabella, gently held Conny's hand and walked out of the house shutting the door behind her. Y/n sighed and closed her eyes making a few tears fall down her cheeks. They rolled down like waterdrops on a window, hunting each other, creating a race. She quickly dried them using her sleeve and turned away from the door.

"Come on Y/n let's clean." Emma said while softly smiling towards her sister, but it didn't reach her eyes that were instead filled with hurt. 

"Yes let's clean." 

...

"No! No no no no!" Emma shouted while running between the tables and then grabbing a stuffed toy. "Conny left Little bunny!"

"Oh dear, this is bad." Y/n said while marching towards the girl. "We have to return it to her!"

"Y/n is right. There is still time. After all, the gate is still open and the lights are lit." Ray explained standing beside the door that led into the dining room where the children were right now. 

"I will follow along!" Norman exclaimed while making his way towards the two girls.

"Norman, as much as we love you and appreciate your support, we don't want you to get in trouble." Y/n alleged which made Ray scoff.

"Two people receiving punishment is already enough... You know what, Emma, stay here as well.  I will be back before you know it and then we can carry on with the cleaning." The girl continued making her decision and settled.

"No, you are not putting so much weight on your shoulders, we are going with you!" Emma said, while Norman nodded in approval.

"Well look who says that, miss 'I-want-to-help-all-the-children-during-tag.'" Y/n grinned towards the orange-haired girl. 

"The same goes for you-"

"Let's go then!" The white-haired boy announced and stepped out in the night followed by a smiling Emma before Y/n even got to oppose the idea.

"Y/n"

The called girl turned towards Ray, that slowly approached the girl.

"Oh, right! Here, have my broom! I would be utterly thankful for your contribution in cleaning Ray." Y/n giggled and bolted out through the door closing it after her.

"Don't go there." He sighed. 

But the girl was already gone.

...

"Emma!" Norman shouted.

"That girl in the back of the truck... wasn't Conny... was it!?" Emma cried out not being able to keep her voice steady.

The heart palpitations grew in strength while Y/n felt numbness in her hands and legs not caused by running. Likewise, the children of this farm were consumed by demons, the girl was in that moment consumed by the feeling of not being connected to her body. She fell down on her knees when hit by a wave of dizziness.

"It was Conny." Norman whispered.

The pain in the chest became unbearable for Y/n. Her family, her precious siblings, that she would die for were being eaten by demons? She coughed feeling a choking sensation that she tried to quench with her own saliva but her mouth was completely dry. All of a sudden Emma let out a loud cry.

...

When the trio entered the house the first person they passed was Ray who most certainly stayed up in anticipation for his best friends to arrive safely. But the look in their eyes proved otherwise.

"How did it go?" The raven-haired asked keeping his gaze focused on Y/n's expression which changed dramatically since he last saw her.

"We didn't make it." Norman replied in a weak whisper slowly walking up the stairs with Emma trailing behind.

Y/n on the other hand abruptly stopped in her tracks and hastily rushed away from the stairs into the nearest bathroom. As soon as she reached the toilet she fell to her knees and leaned over the toilet in order to empty her stomach because of nausea that was unbearable since she saw Conny's lifeless body lying in the trunk. She then flushed the toilet and breathed hurriedly as if there soon wouldn't be any oxygen left. Fully drenched in sweat accompanied by a horrific taste in her mouth Y/n slowly got up on her shaky legs and left the bathroom. She stopped by in the kitchen gulping down a glass filled with water and went to the children's' bedroom afterward.

While entering the room she immediately went to Norman and Emma who were still awake.

"Y/n... " Emma said softly while tears began filling her eyes. She extended her arms toward the named girl. Y/n on the other hand brought the orange-haired girl in a hug without hesitation.

"We will escape... we will escape with everyone... no one from our family will have to die." Emma whispered.

Y/n looked up at the white-haired boy sitting at the edge of the bed who was looking even paler than he already was.

"Let's construct a plan. The escape is not impossible." He reassured smiling weakly.

"We will escape, together with our whole family." Emma said, a determination not leaving her eyes. 

Of course. Escaping. With everyone. What an idealistic plan.

"Emma... you should get a little sleep. The same concerns you Norman. We will start planning tomorrow, but the largest importance at this moment is you getting some rest." Y/n said while smiling weakly.

You all have to be in top condition.

The orange-haired girl, that usually sparked with energy now whined quietly, tugging on Y/n's shirt. But she soon got up and crashed onto her bed making it look like she couldn't bear the weight of her body, like it was made out of lead. Or it could be the weight on her shoulders namely escaping with everyone and keeping her family safe.

I will make sure of it.

Y/n went to Emma and tucked her neatly in making sure none of her best friend's limbs stuck out from the cover, exposed to the imaginary monsters. Although that pun didn't fit the current situation. 

"Y/n, aren't you going to sleep?" The girl in the bed asked. "Please, you too have to rest."

Like a mother sacrifices herself when raising children.

"Of course I will Emma. I will just tuck Norman in as well." Y/n brought her head down, and kissed Emma's forehead. "Goodnight sunshine."

What the girl said, she did. Y/n repeated her actions and tucked Norman in giving him the same amount of affection Emma received.

We will live on. We have to. 

Y/n then went to her own bed and sat at the edge of it. While trying to inhale the air deeply her breath hitched on the way out. She couldn't show a sign of weakness right now. She wanted her family to live on, she wanted them to live a little longer than mama had planned for them. 50 years or more a day, it didn't matter. They had to live longer. She would make sure of it. 

...

a/n: So here we are, slowly going up the ride, before the top, before the big fall. hope you enjoy it so far. OH AND BTW, what did y'all think of yesterday's episode (ep. 4) of season 2? >-> I AM SHOOK <-<

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

122K 2.8K 93
Emma, Norman y/n and ray are all orphans and best friends living at Grace Field House Orphanage. Every day is full of games and joy. One fateful day...
67.4K 1.8K 25
โœŽ โคท" ๐—œ๐—ณ ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐—ฑ๐—ผ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—ฒ๐˜…๐—ถ๐˜€๐˜, ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐˜€๐—ฒ ๐—น๐—ฒ๐˜ ๐—ถ๐˜ ๐—ฏ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚. "... - ๐™ฐ.๐š. ๐™ฐ๐šœ๐š‘๐šŽ๐š› Started on April 12th, ended on July 23rd
166K 2.7K 21
- ๐–จ๐—†๐–บ๐—€๐—‚๐—‡๐–พ๐—Œ ๐—ˆ๐–ฟ ๐–ฑ๐–บ๐—’ ๐–ฟ๐—‹๐—ˆ๐—† ๐–ณ๐—๐–พ ๐–ฏ๐—‹๐—ˆ๐—†๐—‚๐—Œ๐–พ๐–ฝ ๐–ญ๐–พ๐—๐–พ๐—‹๐—…๐–บ๐—‡๐–ฝ !! note !! I do not own anything from The Promised Neverland, it i...
444K 16.5K 32
โ as long as i save my children, then so be it. i don't care whose blood i spill or even the amount of blood. demon or human, i won't let anyone take...