Shot In The Dark [Book 1]

De maryahraelynn

"You left him back home, in Australia?" "I didn't want to, of course." ♡︎♡︎♡︎ Margo has always been known as... Mai multe

0.1 - A Familiar Face
0.2 - The Golden Girl
0.3 - The Lion's Den
0.4 - Liar Among Us
0.5 - Let Me Jump
0.6 - Caught Red Handed
0.7 - People Like Him
0.8 - The Three Musketeers
0.9 - It's Worth It
1.0 - Grain Of Sand
1.1 - A Losing Game
1.2 - Back To December
1.3 - Stupid Little Things
1.4 - Back To You
1.5 - Only Had One
1.6 - Wishing On Dandelions
1.7 - Only A Dream
1.8 - I Needed You
1.9 - Kiss And Tell
2.0 - Only Safe Space
2.1 - Thinking Of You
2.2 - It's Our Problem
2.3 - Not Like Usual
2.4 - My Dead Body
2.6 - It's Always Hailey
2.7 - Obviously Best Friends
2.8 - Country Bumpkin Bestie
2.9 - The Brit Awards
3.0 - Looking For Myself
3.1 - Coke And Lesbians
3.2 - What It Seems
3.3 - Who Raised Me
3.4 - A Sore Thumb
3.5 - Accents And Introductions
3.6 - Crack And Whores
3.7 - Wants And Needs
3.8 - Dead Girl Walking
3.9 - Stories For Strangers
4.0 - Actions Have Consequences
4.1 - Series Of Events
4.2 - Racing With Chase
4.3 - Before The End
4.4 - Love And Lust
4.5 - Lost And Found
4.6 - In Your Eyes
4.7 - Memories And Videos
4.8 - New Beginning
4.9 - Pucker Up
5.0 - The World
5.1 - Goodbyes
5.2 - Golden
5.3 - Crystals
5.4 - Fireworks
5.5
epilogue

2.5 - Learning Self Defence

66 4 5
De maryahraelynn

"Are you high? Margo you need to get on set in fifteen minutes and you're high." Noelle hurriedly runs around the house trying to get everything together while I lay in the couch.

"I could be dead, so this is a good thing." I roll my eyes, barely holding on to the fact that I'm actually alive after what all I did last night. "Speaking of which, where's Koleton? Isn't he supposed to be my bodyguard or something?"

"He's off at the shooting range, scheduling an appointment so you can learn how to shoot a gun." She sighs and I sit up faster than expected.

"A what?! I'm not going to a fucking shooting range. Those places are for rednecks and police. Both of which are kind of bad people, might I inform you." I scoff and she groans, pinching the bridge of her nose.

"Look, I'll cancel the recording today since you're high. I'll just say that you're sick, but if you pull this shit again I'm telling Jeff." She shakes her head, typing something on her phone.

As she leaves the room, I lay back down onto the couch and let the warmth envelop me as I attempt to drown out all noise. Before i can fully relax, she grabs my arm and pulls me up from my meditative state.

"You're going to the boys' house until Koleton gets back. I have to go do my actual job, which isn't being a baby sitter." She drags me out of the house with a milk jug full of water in her opposite hand. "You're lucky you're wearing sweatpants and a tank top with socks, because I'm not letting you get any other clothes or shoes. And I know you don't have your keys so you're going to be stuck at their house until Koleton gets here."

She walks me towards the guys' house and knocks loudly on the door as I shiver from the cold breeze. After a few moments, the door swings open to reveal a tall white guy that sure as hell isn't any of the guys.

"Who the hell are you?" Noelle furrows her eyebrows in disgust as the guy's eyes look over the two of us. "Never mind, move out of the way. Calum!"

She pushes past him and enters the house, clearly not thinking before acting. I follow her against my will, seeing as she's dragging me along like a mother with their child.

We enter the kitchen to see the guys with another random guy and the female that I met the other day. The one Calum mentioned doing drugs. I remember seeing her at the club a few times, but we never directly spoke to each other.

"Calum, you're baby sitting her." She shoves the jug of water towards him as if they're divorced parents trying to figure out a schedule for their joint custody. "Make sure she drinks this because she's higher than a fucking groupie at Warped Tour. Call me if you need anything, Koleton should be back soon."

With out another word, she leaves the house just as fast as she showed up. Leaving me standing in the middle of the kitchen with three random guys and a few other people I call my friends despite barely knowing anything about them.

"You're high?" He raises his eyebrows and I roll my eyes grabbing the jug of water from him.

"Is the sky blue, Calum? I'm going home, you all look busy." I scoff, walking away from the kitchen and slamming into the guy that opened the door. "Move you fucking tree! God, I'm fucking tired of men."

I shove past him as he gives me an offended look, Calum following me. "Baby- Margo, you can go upstairs and sit in my room. I'll be up in a few minutes."

His eyes are filled with concern, emotions and other thoughts that I can't manage to detect so I sigh and give in. "Fine, you get six minutes before I leave."

He nods triumphantly before planting a kiss on my forehead and walking back into the kitchen. I turn on my heel to walk towards the stair-case, noticing the random guy that opened the door staring at me.

"What are you look at, dip-shit? Keep moving before I file a restraining order."

I shove past him and make my way up the stairs, not feeling a single atom in my body telling me to apologize to him. I haven't seen Calum in about two days and yet I can't get his words from the day before yesterday day out of my head.

I walk down the hallway towards his room when another random guy walks out of the bathroom, causing me to groan.

"I guess they're just letting anybody in now. What is this, a fucking homeless shelter?" I begin to become irritated and quicken my pace when the random guy speaks up from behind me.

"The names Mitchy." He calls out and I stop walking before turning to speak to him.

"I didn't ask, and you look like you stink."

———

"I'm sorry it took me so long, the guys were arguing about- what are you doing?" Calum finally enters the room, seeing me lying on the ground facing the ceiling with my limbs stuck straight out in front of me.

"I'm meditating." I respond, not moving out of the position it took sixteen minutes to figure out. "Now shush and let me finish grounding myself."

"Okay Oprah, just so you know, you look like you're doing couple's yoga poses all alone. Its a bit depressing looking." He responds and I sigh, switching to my next position where I'm lying on my stomach with my arms outstretched as if I'm getting crucified.

"You may just be seeing your reflection, I'm on the floor. The thing on the wall is a mirror." I simply reply and he laughs, more so at me rather than with me.

"Very funny, why did you choose to get high today instead of just waiting until after your schedule was cleared for the day?" He asks, taking a seat on his bed and keeping his eyes on me.

"It wasn't as much of a choice as you would think. It just kind of happened." I switch to my third position, the soles of my feet pressed together as I lean forward and test my flexibility.

"Mitchy said you insulted him when he was leaving the bathroom." He mumbles, reaching across his bed to grab his phone and I nod.

"Yeah, he looks like he eats cottage cheese voluntarily and enjoys it. Not my fault I just happened to catch him on a bad day." I shrug, leaning to the side and stretching my arm over my head.

"That's the thing, he thinks today he looks good. Also, Jordan said you called him a tree and threatened to file a restraining order?" He questions my choice of words and I nod silently before stretching in the opposite direction. "Can I ask why?"

"Because he was staring and he resembles a stick-bug, anymore questions?" I sit up straight and stare at him, watching as he lets out an elongated sigh before shaking his head. "Good, I need to go back to my meditative state that I was in before you chose to rudely interrupt me."

"I don't remember the last time you meditated or even mentioned it. Besides, you're in my room, need I remind you." He groans and I take this as my cue to stand up.

"You told me to come in here. You're lucky I didn't listen to my intrusive thoughts and hop out the window after lighting myself on fire." I shoot him an innocent smile and walk over to his dresser, opening the top drawer. "Do you have any shorts I can wear? I'm locked out of my house."

"Are you still high?" He asks and I shake my head, turning around to show him my pupils before going back to rummage through his belongings.

"Second drawer on the left." He directs me to the right area and I grin, thankful that my back is turned to him.

I grab a pair of shorts and close the drawer before turning around and pulling my pants down, causing his jaw to drop.

He quickly pulls his sleeves over his palms and covers his eyes like a little kid and it causes me to laugh. "You're acting like you haven't seen it all before."

"Yeah, but this is different. I just don't want you to be uncomfortable." He speaks from beneath the fabric and I roll my eyes, walking into his closet and grabbing a hoodie.

"Whatever you say, dork." I pull the hoodie over my head and let out a laugh. "Besides, I don't mind if you see me like this."

Before either of us can say anything else, the door swings open to reveal Ashton and the guy I met outside the bathroom.

"Way to ruin the moment dick face, as usual." Calum groans, throwing a pillow at the two of them. "What do you want?"

"Koleton is here to pick Margo up. He has a gun." Ashton informs us and my face drops. Great, now I have to go to the redneck central.

"And why did that need both of you to come up here?" Calum raises his eyebrows, clearly upset with the sudden reunion taking place in his bedroom.

"It didn't, but we're all friends here, right?" The guy from the bathroom grins before looking at me. "Right, Maddie?"

"It's Margo, and I'm not your friend." I scoff before walking towards Calum and planting a kiss on the top of his head and grabbing my jug of water. "I'll take this as my cue to leave, I'll come back if I don't get shot."

"Where are you going?" Calum stands up and I let out an exaggerated sigh.

"The fucking shooting range. I don't know why, but Koleton thinks if I learn how to shoot a gun then it'll help me or something." I explain, noticing Ashton stand up straighter than he just was as Calum gives him a look that I can't figure out.

"Oh, have fun and be safe. Text me when you get there so I know you're safe, okay?" Calum touches my arm gently as if he's building up a wall as we speak.

"Okay..? I'm gonna go now. Have a good day." I furrow my eyebrows before leaving the bedroom and making my way down the stairs. That was awkward.

As soon as I reach the front door, Koleton honks the car horn and I groan without picking up my speed.

"Get in, we don't have all day kiddo." He pushes the passenger door open and I climb into the car.

"So, you do talk?" I tease him as I fasten my seatbelt. "Did you just wake up today and choose to speak, or am I dreaming?"

"I would hope you aren't having dreams about me." He scrunches his nose up in disgust and drives away from the house. "And I've always talked, just not to you."

"Wow, way to humble me. Do you not like me or something?" I furrow my eyebrows and he shakes his head.

"No, you're a nice kid. You just talk a lot. I don't like talking." He informs me of my flaw as if I don't know about it and i fold my arms over my chest.

"Whatever, you're going to have to get used to me if you're replacing Abe. Also, where are we even going?" I look up at him and he doesn't show any emotion, as usual.

"I'm going to show you how to defend yourself. There's people all around you that you won't expect to hurt you." He explains the backstory behind wanting to take me to this redneck range and I press my lips together.

"Can we get food afterwards?" I ask, looking at him hopefully.

"Yes, we can get food afterwards. Also, happy early birthday."

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

2K 3 30
When Ariana's Parents decide to move all the way from Westonia, Australia to Sydney, Australia, her whole world caves in. One day, a boy from her Bio...
209K 11.2K 31
❝Michael isn't talking.❞ © Princess5S0S. All rights reserved.
492K 7.9K 80
In which a boy dreams about a girl he's sure he's never seen before