Shot In The Dark [Book 1]

By maryahraelynn

"You left him back home, in Australia?" "I didn't want to, of course." ♡︎♡︎♡︎ Margo has always been known as... More

0.1 - A Familiar Face
0.2 - The Golden Girl
0.3 - The Lion's Den
0.4 - Liar Among Us
0.5 - Let Me Jump
0.6 - Caught Red Handed
0.7 - People Like Him
0.8 - The Three Musketeers
0.9 - It's Worth It
1.0 - Grain Of Sand
1.1 - A Losing Game
1.2 - Back To December
1.3 - Stupid Little Things
1.4 - Back To You
1.5 - Only Had One
1.6 - Wishing On Dandelions
1.7 - Only A Dream
1.8 - I Needed You
2.0 - Only Safe Space
2.1 - Thinking Of You
2.2 - It's Our Problem
2.3 - Not Like Usual
2.4 - My Dead Body
2.5 - Learning Self Defence
2.6 - It's Always Hailey
2.7 - Obviously Best Friends
2.8 - Country Bumpkin Bestie
2.9 - The Brit Awards
3.0 - Looking For Myself
3.1 - Coke And Lesbians
3.2 - What It Seems
3.3 - Who Raised Me
3.4 - A Sore Thumb
3.5 - Accents And Introductions
3.6 - Crack And Whores
3.7 - Wants And Needs
3.8 - Dead Girl Walking
3.9 - Stories For Strangers
4.0 - Actions Have Consequences
4.1 - Series Of Events
4.2 - Racing With Chase
4.3 - Before The End
4.4 - Love And Lust
4.5 - Lost And Found
4.6 - In Your Eyes
4.7 - Memories And Videos
4.8 - New Beginning
4.9 - Pucker Up
5.0 - The World
5.1 - Goodbyes
5.2 - Golden
5.3 - Crystals
5.4 - Fireworks
5.5
epilogue

1.9 - Kiss And Tell

77 4 0
By maryahraelynn

"Drugs." I state, watching Noelle closely. I finally opened up to her about my family and she seems a bit upset about the whole situation.

"Over you? Why would they do such a thing?" She frowns, watching me as if I'm a glass that she's waiting to see shatter.

"I don't know, people get addicted to things all the time. It's not a new thing." I shrug, not bothering to show how hurt I really am.

"I'll never leave, I hope you know that." She softens her voice and I shake my head.

"You don't even know that."

Before she can respond, the front door swings open to reveal Calum and Luke who are accompanied by a girl.

"That's my cue to leave, you all stay out of trouble." She winks at me and I rolls my eyes in fake annoyance. "By the way Calum, she wouldn't shut up about you while you were gone."

My eyes widen as I look at him like I just got shot and he lets out a laugh of amusement.

"Who is this?" I ask, reaching out to shake the girls hand but she scoffs and walks away as if I just insulted her mother. "Never mind."

"Ignore her, she's got a bloody stick up her ass. She needs to pull it out before I-" Calum angrily snaps, but I widen my eyes and cover his mouth before he can finish his statement.

"We get it, you don't like her." I let out a laugh to notice Luke giving me an apologetic look. "Did you bring the alcohol?"

"Yeah, I'm not going to be drinking though. I've got to drive her home." Luke answers, handing me the bag that's heavier than a new-born baby.

"Why can't she drive herself?" I furrow my eyebrows and Calum clenches his fists, looking at me as if I'm supposed to know the answer.

"She's high on fucking Xanax and whatever she was snorting in the car." Calum finally answers my question, shoving past me.

I feel my heart break a bit, not just because of him shoving me, but because they brought hard drugs near me.

I stumble backwards, my grip on the bag tightening as if it's going to stop my fall.

This is going to be a long night.

———

I watch him closely as he washes his glass that he used tonight, the muscles in his back flexing. I would be doing the dishes right now but he insisted on it since Luke and whoever the girl was left very abruptly.

"I'll put them up for you." I stand up and walk over to the counter, grabbing the dishes that are now dry and placing them into the cupboard.

He finishes the last of the dirty dishes, drying his hands off and leaning against the counter, his eyes studying me.

He stands up straight and walks away from the counter, causing me to assume he's leaving. I shrug and proceed with placing the dishes into their designated areas.

Once I finish placing the dishes into the cupboard and reach to close it, I feel hands grab my hips, causing me to freeze.

Calum buries his face into my neck and I feel as though I could melt into a puddle on the floor right here.

"I missed you." He mumbles into my neck and I feel nerves build up inside me. Feeling the exact way I did that night we first kissed.

"I missed you too." I whisper, a lump forming in my throat which almost prohibits me from speaking.

He pulls his face away from my neck and uses his hand to pull my hair away from my neck. He begins replacing my hair with gentle kisses and I can't help but wonder what got into him while he was away.

I tilt my head so he has a better view of my neck and I gently close my eyes as he brands me.

"We should go upstairs." He mumbles between kisses and I nod.

I pull away and grab his hand, pulling him upstairs to my bedroom like I've done many times before. This time is different though. This time we're different.

He pushes me onto the bed, kissing me softly as we shift around on the bed.

My legs straddle his waist as his sit between mine, his elbows propping him up beside my head.

"Are you okay with this?" He whispers and I nod, trying not to break the kiss. "I need verbal consent Margo. I won't go any farther otherwise."

"Yes." I pant softly, eagerly kissing him again.

His kisses aren't filled with eagerness or speed though. They're slow and soft, as is he doesn't want to rush things between us.

His tongue gently presses against my lips and I take this as my cue to slightly open them.

"Okay, but please tell me if you're not okay with anything." He whispers and I nod, nerves building up even more inside me.

He runs his hands under my shirt and I feel him run his hands over the places that I know are covered with stretch marks and scars.

"Calum, I've never done anything like this." I pull away from him and he does the same.

"I'll make sure you're comfortable, okay?" He reassures me and I nod.

"What if you don't like what you see?" I ask, my voice getting quieter.

"I already like what I see baby."

"No, I mean under the clothing." I feel my insecurities build up. "You've done this before, but I haven't."

"I haven't done this with you." He tilts my chin up so I'm looking at him and his brown eyes reel me in all over again.

"Please don't judge me." I beg and he nods, although I already know he would never do that.

I pull my shirt over my head and toss it off the bed, nervously covering my stomach.

I'm a bigger girl, there's no doubt about that, but he makes me feel as though I'm skinny.

He pulls my arms away from my stomach and begins kissing my neck again, slowly trailing kisses down my body. As soon as he reaches me stretch marks and scars though, he begins kissing them one at a time, causing a fire to erupt in my lower abdomen and melting all of my organs.

I grip the sheets and let out a shaky breath, trying not to move much.

"Are you okay?" He asks softly, bringing his face back up to mine and I nod. "Words, darling."

"Y- yes." I whisper, my eyes sealed shut. He begins to unbutton my pants slowly, before pulling them off of each of my legs.

"Is this okay?"

"Yeah, it's perfect." I whisper and I open my eyes to see him smiling. He slowly trails his lips up my body, starting at my inner thigh and moving up to my neck. His lips finally meet mine again and I kiss him back, harder than I expected to.

He pulls his shirt over his head and tosses it off the bed like I previously did with mine. "I'm not doing anything serious with you tonight." He whispers between kisses. "You're drunk, and I'd rather you remember your first time."

"I will, I promise I will." I whisper into his mouth, not wanting any of this to end.

I like the way he makes me feel. The way he makes me act.

"No baby, we can do something like that some other time. Tonight I just want to explore your body in ways I never have before." He responds and I feel my insides melt into another puddle.

"Okay."

———

"Margo? Margo, wake up!" Noelle chimes through the house and I groan, rolling over to feel Calum's body next to mine. His arm is slung around my waist as his legs are tangled into mine.

If you were to look at us, it would be hard to find where my body ends and his begins.

I try to pulls away from him and climb out of bed, but he tightens his grip on me and buries his face into my neck.

"Margo get up!" Noelle yells, swinging my door open. "Oh my go-"

She closes the door, smacking her hand over her eyes as the leave the room.

"Calum," I whisper softly, attempting to get his attention. "We have to get up."

"Mmm." He groans into my back and I sigh, about to give up.

I like lying here with him like this, but I like staying out of trouble even more. If I'm late to anything, Jeff will have wanted posters displayed everywhere as if I'm a runaway delinquent.

"Calum." I whisper again, a bit louder this time and he pulls his head back, letting out a yawn.

"Yeah?" He responds, rubbing his eyes.

"We have to get up." I inform him and he lets out a loud groan.

"But you're comfortable, I like this." He nuzzles his face deeper into my neck and I smile softly, trying not to let him see it.

"I do too, but Noelle wants me to get up."

With that, he lets me out of his grasp and I climb out of bed.

We didn't do anything except have a hardcore make out session last night. I look around the room for my pants and finally find them at the end of the bed.

I stumble around, trying to put them on as Calum watches me. I eventually give up and choose to just pull and oversized t-shirt over my head.

His gaze follows me around the room and I feel like a deer caught in headlights when my eyes meet his.

"Don't get nervous now, you're acting like last night didn't happen." He smirks and I throw the pants at him, which he ends up catching.

"Ass hole." I mumble and he lets out a laugh. "Aren't you supposed to be with the guys bragging to them about last night or something," I tease and he shakes his head, sitting up.

He stands up from the bed and walks over to me, pressing himself against my back.

"I'd much rather be here, with you." He whispers into my neck, kissing it the same way he did last night.

My heart begins pounding harder than it was last night and I turn to face him. "You better leave before Noelle hears us."

He lets out a chuckle, shaking his heads before leaning down. His lips are right beside my ear when he whispers something I'd never expect someone say out loud to me. "Darling, I'll have the entire neighbourhood knowing my name before noon if I don't leave right now."

My eyes widen in shock as he snakes his hand around my waist. I bite back my nerves and lean forward, planting a few kisses onto his neck and collar bone.

He lets out a soft moan in my ear, grabbing my throat the same way he did last night.

"Don't do that darling, I won't be able to stop myself." He leans towards my ear again and I feel my stomach doing flips. "And we both know that won't end well for you since you have a job that requires you to have the ability to walk."

I gulp, his hand still wrapped around my neck. He looks down at me, and just as I feel he's about to kiss me like I want him to, he lets go of me and walks back over to the bed.

He grabs his shirt and pants, swiftly putting them on before opening the bedroom door.

When I assume he's about to walk out, he turns around and licks his lips looking at me as if it's the last time he'll ever see me like this.

His eyes trail up my body, looking at my neck as a smirk hints at his lips.

"You better cover those up, we don't want Jeff seeing them."

And with that, he leaves.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.2K 866 110
✧    ⋆    · * . · .     *        .          * .     . ·  .   ·     .           *  ·       . ·   · +  .        · ** ˚          ..   . .       · +...
11.6K 596 22
❝ how old are you? ❞ ❝ 24. ❞ ❝ and you're in the FBI? ❞ ❝ i'm kind of a genius. ❞ - - - © laaurenirwin 2014
2.5K 72 51
This girl's voice has been the center of my thoughts and dreams for a very long time. When she is brought to us unexpectedly to promote our band, 5...
664K 17.8K 60
Jessie's parents had given her up when she was only four years old and she had been living in a orphanage ever since. 12 years later, her entire lif...