Ice burn//Adam Banks

By DoWaDiddyDumDo

Bridget Nixon attends Eden Hall with a academic scholarship and they give her a second chance at figure skati... More

Framed
Eden Hall Academy
Cold as Ice
Coach Smirnoff
New Roster
Hans
The Funeral
Lost Myself
Bloods and Allies
Robots and blueprints
Country Club
Board Meeting
Math Prodigy
Showdown
Kristin's a BIOTCH
Potentially
Bruised
Regionals
Surgery
Falling Hard
Stupid Engagement Ring
I like Switzerland
War Against Riley and Banks
Besides the Warnings
What We Could've Been
Hard Knock Life
Authors Note : Please Read
Im so lonesome I could cry
E-Scape Goat
Nationals
Burnt Out
Not an Update
Fucking Knock
Perfection
Not an update
Maybe Fixed Problems
Ice Burn
Epilogue
Thank You!

Banksie

3K 34 2
By DoWaDiddyDumDo

After the service, Julie, Banks and I walked along the lake together by the cemetery during the dinner.

"Yeah, she does not like me and Julie at all." I laughed.

"What were you two even doing for Mrs.Smith to call you out like that?" Adam asked.

"Tommy Huggins. He was literally digging for gold. Bridget and I couldn't stop laughing." Julie giggled.

"We couldn't get our heads back on straight throughout the rest of the class." I laughed. "All we could think of was Tommy Huggins literally having sex with his nose!"

All three of us began to die of laughter. "No! You did now just say that!" Julie groaned.

"Oh but Gaffney I did."

We toned down the laughter a bit. "You figure skate, right?" Julie asked.

"Kinda. Two years ago I actually got suspended from the committee and they finally let me join back up again."

"Suspended? For what?" Adam asked.

"For something I didn't even do. Not even Coach Smirnoff believes me. That's partially why she didn't let me on the team." I explained. "I vant no Liars on team." I mocked.

The two chuckled by my side.

"Julie! My parents and I are gonna get going!" Connie called out. Julie was from Maine so on the weekends she stayed with Connie.

"Alright." Julie called out. "I have to get going. This funeral wasn't as sad at I thought."

"Sorry, I don't deal with death very well." I giggled shyly.

"No, no that's a good thing. I'll see you at school." Julie then left Adam and I together alone by the water and we watched her walk away.

"I haven't seen you with Rick lately. Are you and Rick fighting again?" Adam asked.

"Excuse you?" I laughed. "Why do you care if i'm with Rick or not."

"Because it's abnormal." Adam chuckled.

I rolled his eyes at his comment. "Me and Rick are in a very stable relationship."

"I'm sure you are."

"What? You don't believe me."

"No, I do. I think I do." He responded.

"You are so nosey. Holy hell."

"How am I nosey?"

"Your asking about my personal relationships."

"That's just an ice breaker. What, are we just gonna stand here in silence?"

We both laughed together.

"You could've picked a better question." I said.

"Oh, you know what? I have a question for you. Why was the whole Varsity team covered in bug bites?" I asked. "Did you guys go camping and not tell me about it?"

Adam laughed. "JV put brazilian fire ants in our dorm rooms."

"Oh my god!" I laughed. "That's actually pretty funny. Why'd they do that?"

"Let's just say we are having war at the moment." Adam replied. "But I will admit, we kinda deserved it. We treated them to dinner one night and we kinda left them with the check."

"Was it a big check?"

"Was it a big check?" He mocked. "Yes it was. They had to stay later and do the dishes at the restaurant to pay for it."

"Oh my gosh."

"I would've stopped them from going, but Rick didn't tell me before we already got there."

I sighed and shook my head. "Typical." I mumbled. I looked at my mother and my brother then back to Adam. "I should get back to my family. I'll see you at school."

Adam nodded and let me catch up to Skeeter and my mom. "Who was that?" My mom whispered to me and smirked.

"Adam Banks. He plays hockey with Rick." I informed.

"Rick? Your still dating him?" My mom asked.

"Yeah, is there a problem with that?"

My mom starred at me. "N-no, of course not."

"You hesitated, mom." Skeeter intervened.

"No I didn't. It's just that you lasted a little longer than I thought."

"It's okay, mom. I don't like Rick either. None of us like Rick." Skeeter admitted.

"Seriously? Your gonna talk shit on my boyfriend, now?"

"Yes, yes I am." Skeeter said. "Can we go now? We literally said bye to everyone like 10 times."

My mom rolled her eyes and started walking towards the car. "I also need to talk to you guys about your behavior today."

Skeeter and I exchanged glances. "Shiiii-."

That night, I was in my bedroom reading a book when I heard something hitting my window. I tried to ignore it because I thought it was some kids trying to be annoying. Eventually, I got fed up and stomped over to my window and shoved it open.

"Can you please stop it!" I yelled and looked down. Of course, out of everyone, It was freaking lover boy Rick.

"What do you want, Rick?" I called out.

"Can I come in?" Rick asked. Rolling my eyes, I waved him in and he climbed up the side of my house. He came in through my window and stood right in front of me. Our faces inches apart.

I glared at him in annoyance. "It's literally midnight-."

"I wanted to see you." He smiled.

"Your shit."

His smirk turned into a frown.

"I thought you'd be cold down by now."

I scoffed and sat down at my desk and worked on some extra credit. "Wow, extra credit? Need." He laughed.

"Not everything was handed to me, Rick."

"Why are you always so stressed." Rick laid down on my bad.

"Because of you!" I hissed.

"Me? What do I do?"

I groaned in anger. "It's at the point where your presence just annoys me."

"At this point, your just trying to start a fight." He retorted. We both stayed silent. Rick sighed. "Is this about you not even making JV for figure skating? Look shit happens."

"You weren't even there-."

"I had stuff to do-."

"Rick! You never showed up to anything of mine. No debate, no musical, no tryouts, no banquets, no award ceremonies." I retorted. "When we go to parties or anywhere with large gatherings you leave me alone to go do who knows what!"

Rick stayed silent. "You didn't even come to court with me when my parents got divorced. You weren't even there to support me when I needed someone the most."

"You said Tiffany was going!"

"That didn't mean that you couldn't come without telling me before hand!"

I sighed. "Look, the least you could do was hold off on the JV team. your terrorizing them isn't gonna make it better for you."

"What? Since when is this a topic."

"I know about the Brazilian fire ants and I saw the frozen locker room but don't you get it. That's all revenge the they got on you." I explain. "Just lay low on them until the JV and Varsity game. It's just a nice thing to do."

Rick rolled his eyes. "Stay out of it, Bridget. You don't know this freshman."

"I know some." I sassed.

My brother then barged into my room. "I think it's best you leave, Reilly." He crossed his arms.

"Fine." Rick put his hands up and left through the window.

"You alright?" Skeeter asked.

"Don't worry about me. I can hold my own." I told him.

"When are you gonna drop him, sis? He is so annoying." Skeeter asked.

I sighed. "I don't know. Who knows how he is gonna react if I break up with him?"

Rick went back to his car that had Cole in the drivers seat and Scott in the back. "How'd it go?" Scott asked.

"How do you think?" Rick retorted.

"Still mad? Jeez, that girl is always angry. I swear she has anger issues, man." Cole replied. "I think it's time you drop her. She's not worth it anyways. She's not even a cheerleader she's a literally nerd."

In anger, Rick nailed him in the face. "I'm not gonna drop her, you hear me? I'm not gonna loose her." Rick yelled while giving a death grip on Cole's collar.

The blonde's nose started to bleed. Rick slowly let go and faced the front. "Let's just go." Rick sighed.

Cole and Scott exchanged glances. Scott slowly put the picture of Adam and I together at the funeral back in his pocket. In the photo, my smile was way bigger than it was when I was around Rick.

Scott and Cole were gonna show Rick that I had a potentially other interest and that they should just finish Adam before I fall. However, Rick was already mad and they didn't want to anger the guy anymore.

To be fair, I wasn't falling at the time. I barley knew Adam. We had a few approaches but that's it. How could I fall for someone I barley know?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

306K 5.6K 64
❝ what's the mighty ducks anyways? ❞ in which chloe anderson accidentally gets added to a group chat full of hockey players she doesn't know [set in...
80.8K 1K 41
All Adam Banks wanted to do was play hockey. So, what happens when he convinces his best friend to join the Ducks with him? Together they are able to...
117K 1.8K 25
"You're so Full of Shit, Conway" "No, i'm full of Love" "It's Common Sense for me not to fall for you" "But there's a difference, your brother hates...
22.5K 301 14
"Yeah, number one figure skater in Eden Hall not much you know?" Mila Star was a figure skater at Eden Hall. When the Ducks notice that the girls fri...