Falling For Him

By autumn_zea

"What's wrong?" He asked softly, grabbing Kai's arm and preventing him from running away again. "N-nothing."... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapher Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapher Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter #1
Bonus Chapter #2
Bonus Chapter #3
Q&A
Falling Deeply

Chapter Sixteen

99.4K 4.9K 6.9K
By autumn_zea

After the dinner ended the families settled in the living room. Kai could feel Luciana's hard stare but he ignored it. Him and Nicolas were playing Uno with Lee and Bella and he was having fun, he didn't want to think about anything bad especially before what he was about to do.

"You're cheating!" Lee yelled pointing at Nicolas who made him pick up four cards again.

"You just suck." Nic smirked and Kai tried to muffle his laugh.

"I got you babe." Bella said with a grin and then made Nicolas pick up his own four cards.

Lee cheered and kissed his fiancé right in front of them making them groan in disgust while he gave them the middle finger without her seeing.

At the end Kai won, obviously. He had won three matches. Arabella won two, Nic one and Lee had been the one to loose first every time.

After they were done Kai contemplated asking Nicolas to stay the night but looking at his mother he figured he best stay quiet. So instead he asked Nicolas to come with him up to his room for a couple of minutes before leaving.

"Why?" Nic asked curiously but was already getting up form his seat.

"I..I just need to tell you something." Kai mumbled nervously. His heart was beating out of control and his stomach was getting queasy. His anxiety was going high really fast and he didn't know if he was going to be able to go through this without throwing up.

When they entered his room he shut the door behind him and just stood there.

"Kai? Are you okay?" Nicolas asked with a small frown, cupping his cheeks to look at his face properly.

"C-can we sit?" Kai asked, his legs were starting to shake with how nervous he was.

"Of course." Nic immediately nodded and grabbed his arm, leading him to sit on the bed.

When they sat down Nicolas opened his arms for Kai to come into but the small boy meekly shook his head. "Can we stay like this? Or else I won't be able to focus."

Nic nodded but the frown was still resting on his face. "Kai you're scaring me. Is everything okay?"

"Yeah it's fine. I just.. I'm scared." He mumbled looking down at his fiddling hands.

"Why are you scared baby?" Nic murmured confusedly.

"I'm gonna say something and I want you to listen, okay?" Kai asked looking up to face his best friend. "Okay."

"I realized something about myself recently. You're my best friend and I want you to know. I wanted you to be the first person I tell actually but there was something holding me back." He started off and then took a deep breath to continue.

"I'm gay Nicolas." He peered up at Nicolas who was sitting there with a blank face and his heart dropped. He waited for Nicolas to say something but the latter just sat there.

"N-Nic." Kai whispered, his voice breaking and that's when Nicolas finally snapped out of it.

"You're gay." Nicolas repeated and Kia nodded looking away.

Oh god.

This was not what Kai was expecting. Why was he reacting like that?

"Kai."

Should he even confess? What if Nicolas said nothing? What if he leaves? What if-

"Kai!"

"Huh?" Kai looked back to Nicolas who was now facing him on his knees. Nic cupped Kai's face and smiled at him.

"I'm sorry. I wasn't expecting that but I promise it doesn't change anything. I still l- you're still my best friend, no matter what." He said and Kai felt himself relax.

"Promise?" Kai asked blinking up at him and Nic's smile grew.

"Promise." He murmured hugging Kai tightly before letting go.

"What was holding you back." Nic asked dropping his hands and sitting back with his legs crossed.

"What?" Kai asked.

"What was holding you back from telling me?" Nicolas asked looking at him with a gaze that made Kai's cheek flush.

"Oh. That." He muttered.

Shit.

"Nicolas..." Kai started off.

"Yes?" He probed moving closer.

"I..like someone." Kai said and internally groaned. That wasn't what he was supposed to say.

"Someone?" Nicolas murmured. "Who's this someone?"

"It's you." He confessed after taking a deep breath.

Kai looked up to see Nicolas smiling and he wondered whether he heard him.

"It's you Nicolas. I like yo-mhph"

Kai's eyes widened in shock when he felt Nicolas once again shift to his knees, grab the back of Kai's head and plant his lips right on top of his. Kai's mouth was parted in shock and Nicolas slid his tongue through his lips.

Kai had no idea what was happening , all he could feel was Nicolas, Nicolas, Nicolas. He started to feel himself relax and closed his eyes. He shyly started to kiss back and he could feel Nicolas smiling through the kiss. He moved his hands to wrap them around Nic's neck but before he could he felt hands on his shoulders pushing him back until he was laying flat on his back.

Nicolas's lips were still on his and his hands were running up and down his side, occasionally squeezing his waist. His legs, on either side of him were straddling his waist.

When Kai started loosing his breath Nicolas pulled away only to start kissing his jaw, trailing his lips down his neck.

"Say it again." He murmured in between pressing kisses on Kai's soft skin.

"S-say what?" Kai breathily asked, his hands clutching the sheets.

"Say it." Nic muttered, softly biting down on his flesh and Kai gasped.

"I-I like you." Kai clenched out and then Nicolas's lips were on his again.

This time it was faster, rougher, and full of concealed emotions. All those time that Nicolas had held back, he was pouring it in this one kiss. Kai let go of the sheets to grasp at Nicolas shoulders instead and Nicolas's trailed his hand up Kai's chest until it was resting on Kai's throat.

Kai pushed at Nicolas's chest and took a deep breath. He opened his eyes to see Nicolas was still looking at him with this look filled with desire. His eyes were dark and despite his own shallow breathing he resumed his previous attack on Kai's neck.

"N-Nic stop." Kai whimpered and as soon as he said it Nicolas stopped and moved so he was laying next to Kai.

"I-I'm sorry. Did I do too much?" He asked, softly resting his hand Kai's cheek.

"No it's not that." Kai said and moved closer.

"You didn't say it back." He murmured and Nicolas smile.

"I'm sorry baby." Nicolas said and pressed his lips against Kai again, much more softly.

"I l- I like you." He murmured between soft pecks and Kai smiled.

"You do?"

"Of course I do. I wouldn't kiss you like that if I didn't." Nicolas chuckled and Kai's face flamed.

"Since when?" He asked and Nicolas pulled away and moved so he was laying on his back too.

"For years."

Kai's eyes widened in shock and he immediately sat up.

"Years?" He gaped and Nicolas nodded. "Why didn't you tell me?"

He gave him a sad smile before sitting up as well.

"You don't know how much I wanted to tell you. But I couldn't do it because I knew you had no idea about your sexuality. I didn't want to make you confused or make you feel as though you had to like me back. I wanted you to figure it out and tell me yourself.

But as you can probably tell now, lately you've made it really hard for me to control myself." He said teasingly but Kai's whole being was being slammed with guilt.

"I'm so sorry Nicolas." He apologized and moved to wrap his neck around Nicolas and squeezed him in a hug. Nicolas moved back until his back hit the headboard and parted his legs so Kai can lay on his chest. He squeezed Kai back and rubbed his hand up and down his back.

"It's okay, angel." He murmured kissing Kai's head but the boy shook his head.

"It's not. You've had to keep your feelings in all these years because I was stupid enough not to realize mine. I'm a horrible friend." Kai said his voice coated with guilt and his chest constricted with the thought that he's been making Nicolas suffer alone all this time.

"Don't say that. You're not a horrible friend. You're the best friend ever and I'm so grateful for you Kai. It wasn't bad, stop acting like it was bad. I loved every moment spent with you and today was worth all the wait I did." Nicolas sternly said but Kai still wasn't convinced.

"I don't regret not telling you before. I'm happy it went this way and I'd do it all over again if it means it will lead to today." He continued and Kai lifted his head, resting his chin on Nicolas chest.

"Really?"

"Really." Nic confirmed, kissing Kai's nose making him blush.

"I promise to make it up to you." Kai said and Nicolas smirked.

"Oh yeah? How're you gonna do that?" He asked moving his face closer until their lips were inches apart.

"By..." Kai started but Nicolas cut him off, pressing their lips together in a quick kiss.

"You don't need to make up for anything but I'd like an unlimited and exclusive access to these lips." Nic grinned bashfully and Kai laughed.

"Deal."

Hey guys I hope you enjoyed the chapter! I feel proud that I managed to update so quickly. Please let me know what you think (⌒▽⌒)

Please don't forget to vote and comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 93 40
Raised by cold parents who never spared him a glimpse of the attention, Kai dedicated his life to earning the affection he never received at home. Su...
2.5K 99 6
Dylan and his little sister, Layla, recently had to move to a new house due to their Dad's new job, which means a new school which means new friends...
43.4K 815 14
A hopeless teen finds out he's close to being kicked out of school for good. He then ends up meeting a boy who's way too nice for his own good, good...
47.1K 1.8K 68
" I do ". Leo said as he looked at Luke. Luke smiled. " I announce you both as husbands. You may kiss ". Leo felt his breath hitch. Luke smiled movin...