Shane's Stardrop

By stardewwy

'"Shane's Stardrop is Y/N!" I froze when I heard those words. I looked into a mirror, straight into my own e... More

Friend request
Saturday
Shane Vs. Sebastian
Sebastian's Plan
Forgive me
It's not that easy

Favorite Thing

1K 14 16
By stardewwy

*MENTIONS OF SU*CIDE*
*NSFW WARNING*

Note: I've been playing Stardew Valley for quite some time, and as I've analyzed Shane and his personality it's obvious that he's a very depressed, closed-off, and lost person when you first meet him. (Even after marriage he can be gloomy at times). There will be mentions throughout the whole story of triggering things so I would be wary of that. There may also be some spoiler alerts! This is my first ever story I've written and I do hope I can at least get a few people who might like it! Enjoy. :)

P.s, (This is a gender-neutral story. Meaning, if I mention makeup, feminine things, masculine things, etc. you are whatever gender you want! Female, male, non-binary, etc. so please don't comment "if this is gender-neutral why's there mention of wearing makeup?" Because makeup doesn't have a gender. Thank you. <3)
___________________________________
*Shanes POV*

"I'm sorry... ever since that new farmer has been in town we haven't had much business... you see, they've made a good impression with the town folk. Even our most loyal customers Pam and Jodi have stopped shopping with us! Between you and Sam, your hours will be cut by more than half!"

My jaw clenched as Morris gave me one more reason to despise that farmer.

"Shane... are you okay?" A blurry Morris asked as I grabbed onto the shelf I had been stocking before having this bomb dropped on me.

'How am I going to pay my bills... what will I tell Marnie? And Jas.' I thought helplessly.

"Please Morris, this is all I have. I can't think of any other jobs nearby!"

"Well.." Morris volunteered, "The bus is back up and running, and I heard they're paying some miners to go kill some of those monsters. Big bucks!"

For a second I thought about yelling at him for suggesting such a dangerous job. I could lose my life! But the more I thought about it the less it mattered. I didn't want to be here anyway.

"I'll try it out." I hesitated.

I went back to stocking as if nothing had happened, and Morris made his way back to the front. I was always like this, quick to end a conversation. I don't like to argue, it wastes the little energy I have left.

I shook off the bad thoughts filling my head and opened a new box to stock onto a new shelf. As I tore through the tape with my box cutter I was greeted by gorgeous glass bottles filled with rich and thick truffle oil.

'I should buy a bottle to blow off some steam later.'

I shifted away from my thoughts as my eye caught the truffle oils brand logo, 'Quartz Farm'.

I felt my ears heat up. "Y/N sells truffle oil?" I mumbled to myself. Feeling my pants tighten on my now growing erection.

'With everything going on you're going to think sexually... especially about Y/N!? You hate them, Shane.'

I felt a hand on my back as I recollected myself.

"Shane! Can you clock out now? I'll finish your stocking, just hurry up before Morris gets on our ass... You know overtime is not gonna pass right now."

Sam. My co-worker, a blonde skater that can play some guitar. I consider him a buddy. I'm closer with him than anyone else in town besides my family. Sadly, it's probably only because we work with each other.

I stood up quickly and apologized, "Yeah, sorry! I'll do it right away."

Sam looked at me with a raised brow then slowly made his way down my body and stopped at my groin.

Sam chuckled, "Really dude?"

My eyes widened with realization. I covered my shame and avoided eye contact.

"Please... just forget this ever happened." I stammered.

Running off, I swiped my ID card to clock out and grabbed my wallet and phone out of the locker. I exited out the back door as Sam's laughs were drowned out by the sound of rain drumming against metal roofing.

I threw my hoodie on and pulled my hood over my greasy hair to avoid getting too wet.

'God, when was the last time I showered? Two weeks? A month?'

I sighed, knowing all these overbearing and negative thoughts were soon to be cast away as I opened the door to the Stardrop Saloon.

All of my worry and stress floated away as I was greeted by the upbeat music and warm lighting of the cozy little wooden shack I knew best. I headed towards my corner and Gus slid a beer onto the counter beside it.

"Welcome back, Shane! Here's a cold one!" Gus shouted, over the noise of a Friday night at the saloon. Almost everyone was here, except that farmer, they never came.

'I wonder what Y/N does on a Friday night' I pondered, Sipping onto my smooth but bitter drink.

'Oh well, I guess I'll never know.'
___________________________________
*Your POV*

    "Ugh, I really wish I could place sprinklers on the sand... I guess I can only blame myself. Filling the greenhouse with other season plants and then buying way too many seeds was also my fault. Right, Monko?

Monko looks up at me and mews in agreement, turning her tail up at me and strutting away.

"I can't do this anymore. I still have 150 plants to water and this bread is no longer giving me energy, just constipation." I grumbled, holding my bloated tummy.

I looked around and watched as the farm animals grazed sleepily as the sun slowly crept further away.

I wiped the sweat off my forehead and pushed myself even more. I watered the remaining crops and ate more bread. Afterward, I sat on a bench I recently crafted by my pond and took a look in my journal. I read about my encounters with the people of pelican town and smiled. Marking which people I should talk to more, and which I should do something special for.

I trailed along and kept going down my lists until I realized I had only two entries for Shane.

They read,

"Shane, a cold-hearted drunk who yells at anyone who tries to be nice to him. Often wants to be alone.'

'I tried randomly gifting this Shane guy because I felt generous and gave him a fresh pepper from my garden. He seemed to love it but as soon as I tried to talk to him he said "Don't you have work to do?" Like, really? He may need a check-up with doctor Harvey.'

I winced at the harsh statements I wrote and felt kinda bad. I must've been in a really bad mood from my encounters with him because I'm overall a kind and non-judgmental person.

I slowly close my crystal-decorated journal and set down my feather pen. Sighing, I stand up and head towards my cabin.

I enter and take off my tan farmer's hat, hanging it onto the new coat hanger I bought from Robin's.

I snapped off my mint overalls and took off my dirty white shirt that stuck to my sweaty skin. I untied my bulky white boots and kicked them across the room, causing them to hit the front of my bed frame. I then peeled off my bear-printed yellow socks and tossed them into the laundry basket by my bathroom door.

I opened my bathroom door and looked into the mirror. Taking in my toned figure.

'I never looked this good back in the city'

I turned and bounced my ass, guess that got pretty big too.

After I noticed my farmer's tan I cringed and turned on the shower, letting it get nice and hot.

And by hot I mean boiling.

I shower and shave, trying to be quick. I don't want to miss my chance to talk to Shane. If I don't do this tonight, I never will.

I jump out of the shower and quickly dry off. I do my hair and skin routine and add some light makeup on.

A bit of black eyeliner, light concealer, mascara, blush, highlight, and clear lipgloss.

I dress into a sunflower outfit I made with the sewing machine I had recently been gifted by Emily. I made a cute pale yellow sweatshirt with sunflowers on the neck. And some tight pale blue skinny jeans. I paired it with a little sunflower barrette, bracelet, necklace, earring, ring, and purse. Then ended it with chunky sunflower sneakers.

I did a quick look in the mirror then checked my clock. 6:00pm. I still have time.

I grab some wheat, a tomato, and a block of cheese and make Shane a pizza. I box it in a cute blue box with a black bow and make my way outside to my horse, Stefan. I store the pizza away in my big bag and jump onto my brown steed.

'I hope he'll like it.'
___________________________________
*Shane's POV*

     "H-hic! H-hand me another one, G-Gus." I stuttered out, drunker than I had been in a couple of months.

Gus hesitated but began to fill another glass, clearing my other 7 off the counter.

"Shane," He began, "This is too much, I don't feel comfortable giving you any more alcohol after this one."

I angrily resorted out, "Oh really? Well, at least I'm paying. You have favorites, Pam is one of them. She spends a penny a week! She's probably giving you blow jobs in the back!"

Gasps fill the room and Pam stands up. "Why you little fuck!" She starts to charge at me, going behind Gus's counter and getting close enough to hit me before Gus grabs her and holds her back.

Gus looks at me infuriated and seethes out "Shane you have two choices. Leave. Or go into the pool room."

I stare into his eyes and in self-defeat, grab my beer and shuffle to the pool room. Sam and Sebastian are playing pool when I arrive, they wave to me as I enter.

"Heya Shane!" Sam exclaims. Waving his arm up high in the air and goofily falling into Sebastian purposefully.

"Yeah, hey Shane." Sebastian chimes. Holding his arm out to push Sam away along with quiet giggles.

"What's up, guys?" I grumble out, slumping myself onto the chair. "Looks like stripes are winning."

"That's me," Sebastian says with a smug look.

Sam pouts, "Yep, he's winning. I was gonna get a free joja cola on him if I won."

I furrow my eyebrows and look at the joja machine next to me.

I give Sam a dumb stare. "They're 75G. You can't afford that?"

He rolls his eyes at me and chuckles, "Dude I get so many pizzas from Gus that I go broke within a few days."

I nod. "I can relate, haha." I stand up and put 75G in the joja cola vending machine and hand the can to Sam.

"Shane, you didn't have to do that! Thanks!" Sam cracks open the can with one hand and chugs it down like he hasn't drunk any liquid in days.

"No problem. You want one Sebastian?" Sebastian smiles and shakes his head politely. "No thanks. Not a big fan.".

I sit back down and drink down my beer. 'I'm more sobered up now than I was back there. I'm gonna have to apologize to Pam and Gus tomorrow-'

Sam interrupts my thoughts, "Don't feel too bad, Shane. Seb has been getting pumpkin soup and sashimi from that hot farmer anyway."

"Really Sam?" Sebastian put his pale hand over his beet-red face. Poor guy, it was so obvious. I turned back in Sam's direction as he cleared his throat.

My ears perked up in curiosity as Sam continued.

"We recently checked Sebastian's favorite thing because we got a hold of a starfruit from the desert, and Y/N was his stardrop! You can see the reflection in the person's eyes, it's lie proof!"

Oh, a stardrop. In stardew valley, it's common to refer to someone you really like or love as your stardrop, because when you eat starfruit your favorite thing will reflect in your eyes. That's why most people look in the mirror right after eating one.

Sebastian whined into both of his hands now as Sam teased him. "Y/N touching youuuuu, making you feel gooood. HAHA!" Sebastian blocked out Sams uncontrollable laughter with his embarrassed groans.

I thought more about what had been said. 'Y/N gave me a gift once. I didn't know how to react so I acted rudely... They looked offended and they haven't talked to me or given me a gift since. Well, whatever. I don't want to get close to them anyway. They've only given me bad luck since they've arrived in this town.'

I stood up unannounced and began to head out. I didn't want to look at Sebastian anymore. For some reason, he was making my anxiety spike.

"Wait! Shane!" Sam called.

"Yes," I responded coldly.

He looked at me intently, "Hey, I know maybe it's hard to get out there and be social but just know people do like you and enjoy your company... I know you have declined my other offers but come to Saturday's starfruit night. Only select people were chosen. And by that, I mean me, Sebastian, and Alex. I would love to see you there. It'll be at Seb's, 8 pm."

I gaze at him cautiously, "My favorite thing is beer. I wouldn't want to waste a starfruit, they're expensive." I start to turn as I finish my sentence but Sam grips my shoulder.

"You're internal favorite thing is always unexpected."

He closes off the conversation with a flat look and leaves me dumbfounded. I stand in one place for a second before I make my way for the exit once again.

Only this time, I was faced with something worse than confrontational guilt-tripping Sam.

I was faced with that farmer.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8K 148 24
The blood had already leaked down my forehead, but I kept my eyes on Shane and tried to blink quickly to clear my vision. "Hang on, please. Please h...
434 21 8
Farmer moves to Stardew Valley to start a new life. She hopes to come out of her shell more. But the longer she spends there, the more her life becom...
135 2 8
This is a slow burn romance story inspired by the game Stardew Valley. The characters in the story are all from the game and many will make an appear...
131 7 14
sage had moved into her farm a couple months ago into pelican town, and for some odd reason, she took a particular liking to the antisocial, alcoholi...