Getting it Right

De TMSaunders

SWEARING AND SEXUAL CONTENT ADVISED. A story of mixed emotions, love, and romance. A love tested to the extr... Mai multe

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME
BRUISED EGO
ACCIDENTS WILL HAPPEN
SURPRISED
REUNION
AFTER THE PARTY
NOT ME
THIS IS NOT HAPPENING
GETTING EVEN
WORDS ARE LOUD
NOT AGAIN
TOO CLOSE
GOING ALL THE WAY
TRUST
PIECES
NOT GOING TO PLAN
ELEVATOR CHAOS
UNDER SIEGE
RECOVERY
THE KISS
TWO WEEKS OF SUN
PAYING THE PRICE
THE EYES SAY IT ALL
THE RIGHT REASON
BIRTHDAY
GONE TOO FAR
WRONG WORDS
WEDDING
BEING THERE
GETTING IT RIGHT
UNBEARABLE
BOOK THREE
First chapter from book three

PLEADING

696 44 9
De TMSaunders

A R C H E R  P O V

When I got home, it was later than I expected I would leave the office. Sasha's passed out on the sofa with half a bottle of vodka plus an empty bottle of apple sours. 

That means she's pissed at me for being home late. When I finally got up, had a shower and dressed, ready to leave for the office. 

She'd already left. I didn't even hear her this morning getting ready.

Arrive at the office, not sure if Sasha would still be angry at me. Stepped out from the elevator to observe Sasha with her back to me. 

Approached with caution, not sure if she'd rage at me. "Sasha, I should apologise for getting home late." She turns to stare at me. "Well, I'm glad to notice nothing's changed." The whites of her eyes show me she's not happy.

Not wanting to argue with her, I stepped into my office expecting to have my breakfast. Rubbed my face, glanced over to her sitting at her desk. 

How the fuck can I make this up to her? Make my way to the kitchen to make myself a coffee.

Turned to step out of the kitchen. and notice Sasha chatting to a guy. Jealousy set in. Advanced towards her. 

She gives me a death stare. "We have a meeting to get to." "I observe you never forget about having a meeting, but you forget you have a wife." Rubbed my face with her spitted words. 

"Sasha, I didn't forget you. I had so much to search through, time just slipped away." She smirks, picks up the iPad, ready to leave for the meeting.

We get to the limo to leave when she waits for me to slide in first. "Mr Waitland." "I was only late home." Raised my voice at her. 

She slides in behind me. The entire ride over to my father's office is silent. If she's going to act like this every time I'm late home, I'll just stay at the fucking office.

***

Reached the floor of my father's office, she still will not speak to me. Aston comes into view. 

"Sasha," Shake my head at him to warn him. He stops speaking. We enter the office to encounter my father waiting for us. 

"Aston, be careful what you say. Sasha's not thrilled with me." I whisper to him. He glances over to her. 

"And what did you do?" He tilts his head, smirking at me. "Got home late from the office, she was passed out on the sofa blind drunk." He shakes his head. 

"Archer, you're doing the exact same you did to Ellie," Shaked my head with what he had said.

My brother caused me to reflect. Am I doing the same? Our father gives us a report each for the yearly profits. 

Glanced down at the figures, but I'm not taking much notice. My mind is focused on Sasha. Peered over my shoulder to observe her. 

She's still giving me the death stare. "Sasha, please takes notes." She sits up, takes the file from me, and reads over it to take notes. 

She never spoke to me or anyone else.

We're in the elevator on our way to the limo. Aston stares at me. "We have cake tasting tomorrow. You're welcome to join us?" He said. Sasha didn't say a word. 

"Sounds like fun," I respond. The doors open, we step out and she stalks through the lobby, leaving me with Aston. 

"Archer, you need to put your charm to work." He laughs. We exit the building to get in the limo.

The journey was quiet. I'm dreading the rest of the day with the way she is towards me. Couldn't wait for the day to end. 

We arrived home and she's the same. She proceeded into the bathroom to run a bath. I had to do something.

***

Stepped into the bathroom with a bottle of wine and two glasses. Let my shorts fall to the floor so I could join her. 

She climbs out, leaving me in the bath. "Sasha, I'm sorry how many times do I have to tell you?" She puts her robe on turns to face me. 

"You just don't get it." She spits at me. She storms into the bedroom, banging around.

Take a deep breath, got out from the bath to find out what she's doing. "Please speak to me." She shakes her head, pulls back the quilt. 

"Archer, you can carry on. It shows you've not changed or even listened to me," "Sasha, I can't play mind games. That's what Ellie did. And I'm not going to go through that again." She shakes her head. 

"We could always get a divorce before you decide to fuck someone else." Now I'm irate with the words that came from her mouth.

Take the towel from my waist to slide into the bed. Placed my head on the pillow gazing up at the ceiling. 

"Are you coming with me to the cake tasting?" "No, I have a job." She's really pissing me off. 

She slides into the bed, pulls the quilt up over her shoulders, and turns away from me. 

Switch the lamp out, close my eyes. I'm asleep for a couple of hours before waking to find Sasha is not next to me.

Slide out of bed to find where she is. Stepped into the lounge to watch her sleeping on the sofa with an empty bottle of wine on the floor.

Fold my arms, draw a deep breath. She's beautiful, but I want to know why she's like this. Grabbed the fleece to put over her before sitting to watch her sleep.

My eyes flicker open to the smell of coffee. Lift my head from the pillow on the sofa to observe Sasha dancing in the kitchen with her towel wrapped around her and her hair in a towel too. 

Smiled while I watched her. She turns to notice me staring at her. "Morning Sasha." She rolls her eyes at me. 

Stalks past when I grabbed her to kiss her. She pushes me away, and I shake my head. This isn't purely about me being late, there's more to this.

Had a shower dressed, grabbed a coffee. "Sasha, we need to talk." She grabs her bag and peers over at me. 

"Talk," "What the fuck have I done for you to be acting this way?" She shrugs her shoulders. "If you don't know, there's no point talking about it." She steps towards the door. 

"Sasha, you need to tell me so we can speak about it." "Talking about it will not help." She slams the door closed.

Sighed loudly. What the fuck have I done? I've no idea why she is acting like this. Leave to meet Aston and Pip.

***

Slide my hands in my pockets as I advanced towards Aston. Could observe that my parents are here too. 

"Where's Sasha?" My mother asks. "She had a few things to take care of at the office." "I was hoping she was coming so we could arrange to go out for her birthday," Pip said. 

Bowed my head realising what I'd done. Sit on the stool rubbed my face. "Archer, what's wrong?" Aston asks me.

No wonder she's like she is. "I forgot about her birthday." They all gaze at me shaking their heads. 

"I worked late that night. I should have known with all the bad shit that happened to her that day." Shake my head. "I need to leave; I'll catch you at the weekend for the stag." Aston nods.

Heading over to the office to do some pleading, and hope she'll forgive me. Sasha never forgives that easily. 

But I'm considering what happened before we married. My fingers are crossed. Enter the elevator to make my way to my office floor.

Closed my eyes as the elevator door opens. Take a deep breath to step out. Glanced over at her desk to observe her busy with files. 

Stood in front of her. "Sasha, I'm sorry I forgot your birthday. I'll make it up to you, I promise." She doesn't glimpse at me, but hands me an envelope. 

"What's this?" Wanted her to talk to me, but she wouldn't even peep at me.

Open the envelope, take the letter out to read. "Sasha, I'm sorry. Don't do this. Why would you give your job up?" She still doesn't glance at me. 

Grab her from her chair to take her to my office. There's too many people watching us. Closed the door, she stares at me. 

"I'm pleading with you. Don't do this. I love you." "Mr Waitland, if you loved me, you wouldn't have forgotten. It's obvious you know nothing about me." She's going to make it tough for me. 

There's no way she'll forgive me.

Collapsed on the sofa to put my face in my hands. Heard the door open glimpse at her before she steps away. "You haven't changed. I'm done." Her sorrowful words. 

Shoot up to my feet to follow her. This is my marriage, and she means more to me than anything. "Sasha," I shout as she steps into the elevator. 

I catch it before the door closes.

Stepped in and the door closes. Pin her to the back wall. Knowing she'll punch me if I get in her face. 

"Sasha, I love you. I'm a jerk. I have no excuse. All I can do is tell you how sorry I am. Please give me another chance to make it up to you," My plead is going unanswered. 

We reach the lobby she steps out. I leaned back on the wall, waiting for the doors to close. She glanced back at me. "Are you not coming?" Her soft voice makes my lips curl into a smile.

Stepped to her, taking her in my arms, kissing. "You owe me big time." She adds. "Anything you want you can have." She smirks at me with what I said.

Not sure if I like the smirk on her lips. We slide into the limo to head home to the penthouse. She's still smirking. I could end up regretting what I said.  

*******

WOULD LIKE TO READ YOUR COMMENTS

ARCHER HAD TO DO A LOT OF PLEADING

SASHA IS HOTHEADED AND NOT SO FORGIVING

THANK YOU FOR READING

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

767 9 10
Sasha finds herself fascinated by them. She's drawn to both of them in ways she can't quite explain. But figuring out who she wants? That's the real...
15.2K 1.1K 46
What happens when the person who annoys you is the person who can see you for who you really are? What happens when the one thing that draws you in...
58.6K 2.5K 57
Army Ranger Staff Sergeant Daniella Donovan while on mission gets a phone call telling her, her father passed away. For the first time in ten years s...
318K 13K 46
Sci-fi nut, blonde bombshell, and severely no filter Brooke is ready for a fresh start. Done are the days of trashy boyfriends, who couldn't find the...