For the Empire - Inganno

Por LJRae0328

[Book 1] Stella and her father had no choice but to move in with her Uncle Timo, in New York, in refuge, afte... Más

Author Note/Playlist
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71

Chapter 52

460 22 20
Por LJRae0328

This last week has been amazing.

JP and I are both anxious for his stitches to come out; we've been spending almost every night together, and I love waking up next to him in his arms.

I smile as I think back to how we've both caught each other, watching the other sleep.

However, I don't like that he woke me up this morning by taking pictures of me, but then he said I looked like a sleeping angel and wanted to capture it, to look at whenever he wanted, so I forgave him.

But my absolute favorites are the early morning or late at night moments when we are just holding each other, kissing, talking, or laughing together. It's so much more than I expected being with him.

I would be lying if I said everything was perfect with rainbows and flowers; because it isn't, and just like it was before when we were just friends, we argue a lot—if not more, now.

He resorts to calling me a pain in the ass when I stop him (nag him, if you ask him) from overdoing it with his injuries, but I fire back when he's an arrogant ass himself.

And today is one of those days; he's been in a mood all day, and it started when the Dr. called to tell him he wouldn't be able to come by until tomorrow to take out his stitches.

He's been short with everyone, but I don't back down from telling him to stop being an ass because things aren't going his way.

We're currently sitting on the couch in the family room, and the final movie of The Godfather trilogy is on. Several of my Uncle's men are sitting around us as well.

JP has his head on my lap, and I unconsciously play with his hair, running my fingers through his thick, silky hair, scratching his head lightly with my nails.

He turns his head, so he's looking up at the ceiling. "I guess it worked out for the best, considering I couldn't get the reservation at Sandro's until tomorrow, anyway." He sighs, referring to taking me out on our first official date.

"And I already made plans to watch Tobias kiddos tonight, anyway, remember?" I remind him. I trace his face lightly with my finger, and he closes his eyes. I run my finger faintly over his soft lips, and he smiles, which makes me smile in return, knowing he loves when I do this.

"So, what's the plan for tonight, lovebirds?" Santino saunters in, sitting down heavily in the recliner. During this last week, he's been settling in, too, working with the men each day, training them with different techniques.

A few of the older men didn't appreciate being taught by someone younger, but he quickly gained their respect by taking on several men simultaneously during one of his sessions.

"Not much. I'm watching Tobias' kids so he can take Melanie out on a date, and their kids are spending the night here." I tell him.

I look back at the TV, and the ending scene is on, where Michael Corleone is sitting alone outside a house in Italy. "Okay, someone, please explain something to me..." JP's eyes open as he looks at me; he grabs my hand, placing a kiss on my palm before sitting up and moving me onto his lap.

"What is it, princess?"

"Everyone loves The Godfather movies because they showcase what mob life is like; the kill or be killed code, women, drugs, money, power, yadda, yadda. But they also take the theme of what the Mafia life is about and how everything boils down to family. Nothing is more important than family, right?" A few of the men nod at me.

"So...can someone tell me what the point is? What was the point of all of it? Michael Corleone said everything he does or did was to protect his family, to protect his empire, for his family, but his family wants nothing to do with him in the end and look at him," I point at the screen. "No family, no empire, no money, no women, not even his friends were there, with him. He's just there, sad, depressed, and alone."

I look around the room, and I don't miss the stern glares I'm getting; a few men clear their throats.

JP shifts me on his lap. "It's just a movie, baby." I look at him, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Well, on that note, I'm out. I'll go see what the rest of the men are up to." Santino says awkwardly. He gets up and heads out of the living room, and Joey walks in. They pat each other's shoulders as they brush by one another, and the rest of the men get up as well and walk out.

"What time does your night of terror begin with the little monsters?" Joey asks as he opens a beer can before taking a seat in the chair Santino recently vacated.

I look at my phone and see that it's 5:15. "Soon. Tobias said that he'd drop them off around 5:30."

"You sure, you don't want to go to the party tonight, JP? By the time it starts, the rugrats should be asleep by then, no?" Joey questions.

JP plays with my hair, running his fingers through it. "Yes, I'm sure." JP answers. Joey looks over at me, raising an eyebrow.

"Hey, don't look at me." I hold my hands up in front of me. "I told him I was fine with him going," Knowing he thinks I'm the reason JP isn't going to a party Victoria is throwing for one of her friends.

JP knows I prefer if he doesn't go, but I can't give him crap for being jealous of Enzo if I do the same thing with Victoria. He didn't like that I was talking to Enzo about the gala and the gunman to find out if they were part of Cardinale's groups or Dante's group, and it caused one of our arguments during the last week.

Although, in my opinion, they are entirely different situations, I figure this was one of those "choose your battles" situations. I had told him it was his choice if he decided to go, that I trusted him because I do. It's her I don't trust.

My phone chimes, and I see it's Annalisa telling me she's pulling up. I notice Joey sits up alert when he hears her name as I tell JP she's arrived.

I walk towards the house's foyer when Tobias and Melanie walk in the front door with their kids, and Annalisa walks in behind them.

"Looks like I got here just in time," Annalisa says as she hugs me.

"Didn't think I'd see you so soon, sweet cheeks." Joey greets Annalisa.

Annalisa sighs as she looks at him. "Yeah, well, you just happen to live with my best friend, so it's not always avoidable, is it?"

"What does sweet cheeks mean, Joey?" Carmen asks him, innocently with her big, soft brown eyes looking up at him, waiting patiently.

"Yes, Joey, please explain what 'sweet cheeks' means to my seven-year old daughter." Tobias glares at Joey.

Joey shrugs and looks back at Carmen. "It means Annalisa has sweet—"

Melanie interrupts him from finishing. "I'll tell you tomorrow, sweetheart." She bends down to kiss Carmen's head.

"What? All I was gonna say is Annalisa has lovely cheeks, literally." He leans over and kisses her cheek. "They're hard to resist." Joey winks at her; Annalisa gives him a small smile and shakes her head in return.

Carmen turns to Tobias, her eyebrows drawn together. "Daddy, do I have sweet cheeks?"

I bite my lip to keep myself from laughing while Joey snorts and Tobias glares at him again.

I turn and hug Melanie complimenting her on the dress she's wearing." You look terrific, Mel."

"Thank you, girly." She winks at me, "Charmaine, I can't thank you enough for doing this. You are a sweetheart for taking on all three of the kids. Are you sure you're okay with them sleeping over?" Her face worried.

I smile at her. "Of course I'm okay with it; I offered it," I say, laughing. She hugs me again, and Tobias winks at me as he hands me baby Lola and they walk back out the door.

We lead the kiddos into the family room to play some games.

I laugh to myself as I watched Marco follow Annalisa around like a lovestruck teenager, even though he's only twelve.

We play Mario Kart and the VR for a little bit, and I feed Lola some food Mel brought for her and give her a bottle for the night.

The pizza I ordered for the older kids arrives as I head to lay Lola down for the night and change into my swimsuit under my t-shirt and basketball shorts.

Tobias brought a pack 'n play to set up in my room for Lola and a baby monitor for us to use.

When I come back down, I find JP and Joey playing another round of Mario Kart with Marco while Carmen is playing tea party with Ares and Zeus.

I chuckle when both dogs look over at me, each one is wearing tiny bonnet hats on their large heads. Carmen talks to them as if they understand each other, telling them about the latest episode of Sofia the First she recently saw.

"Hey," I say as I sit next to JP, and he leans over and kisses me.

"Hey, beautiful."

"Ew, Charmaine! Why did you let JP kiss you!" Carmen squeals.

I laugh at the disgusted look on her face. "Because he gives really good kisses, Car," I smile at her.

"I bet my daddy's are better!" She stands with her hands on her hips.

"I'll take your word for it, Carmen," I tell her laughing lightly.

I turn back to JP. "JP, really you can go to the party. You don't have to stay here."

But Joey is the one who responds. "JP said he'd make it up to me if we stayed and watch these rugrats with you." His tongue sticks out; as he focuses on the screen and the race he's currently trying to win.

"Hey! Don't call us rugrats, you—" Marco stops mid-sentence, and I look at what's got his attention. Annalisa walks in the room, in her bikini, with a sarong around her waist; she bends down and grabs the bag she brought and stuffs her clothes back inside.

"Don't be a perv, kid," Joey nudges him. "And she's way out of your league, bro. That chick's standards are astronomical."

"So you struck out then, huh?" Marco taunts Joey, smirking at him.

"What? Hell Nah! Trust me, dude, if I put the moves on her, it's game over before she knows what was even happening!" Joey tells him.

"Yeah, right. Whatever you say, dude." Marco snorts.

"Hey, I thought we were going swimming after the baby went down?" Annalisa walks over to us, putting her hair in a high bun, utterly oblivious to the effect she's having on the two adolescents on the other end of the couch.

"Carmen, Marco, go grab your suits and change in the bathrooms, please," I instruct them. They sprint to their bags and out of the room to find a bathroom to change.

"I would ask you to join, but your stitches..." I pout at JP. He smirks back at me.

"And miss a chance to see you in that bikini of yours? Hell yeah, I'm coming; I just won't get in." I smile as he leans in to kiss me again.

"Gross! Are you two going to be kissing all night?" Carmen's voice interrupts our kiss, and I laugh, pulling away from him.

"Sorry, I can't resist a pretty girl, Carmen." JP smiles at Carmen, winking at her. She looks down, smiling shyly. He turns his handsome face back to me. "I'll meet you out there."

We head out to the back patio leading to the heated pool my Uncle has. Carmen and Marco race to go down the built-in slide while Annalisa and I lay out the towels on the chairs, then bring out the pizza, knowing the kids will probably get hungry again.

JP and Joey walk out to the patio. Joey dives into the pool while JP walks over to me.

He catches me staring and smirks at me. "Like what you see, princess?" I nod, smiling, and I run my hands down the hard planes of his chest and ridges of his abs.

"Save it for the bedroom, you two. There are children present." Annalisa teases; she's lying on the pool chair with her sunglasses on.

Joey gets out of the pool and grabs a slice of pizza; then, he stands dripping water over Annalisa.

"Can I help you?" She wipes the water from her arms.

In response, he shakes his head deliberately, so more waterfalls on her. "Are you two going to get in the pool or what?" He asks through a mouthful of pizza.

She scrunches her nose at him in disgust. "You know, it's common courtesy to chew before you speak, so we don't get hit with flying food, coming out of your mouth—" but before she can continue, Joey picks her up out of the chair and lifts her over his shoulder.

Annalisa shrieks, hitting his back. "Joey!"

But it's no use as he tosses her into the pool.

"So, this is where the party's at, after all." We turn and see Santino walking towards us; he's shirtless and in a pair of swim trunks.

"I thought you were going out with the other men?" I ask as he stands next to me.

He shrugs. "It wasn't the type of party I'm into." He doesn't elaborate, but I notice JP and Joey share a knowing glance.

Santino lets out a low whistle. "Accidenti! Who's that?" I look over and see Annalisa pulling herself out of the pool. Her hair is no longer in a bun, and she's wringing the excess water from it.

"Annalisa De Luca. My best friend, so tread carefully, Santino Leonetti." I warn him teasingly.

"She's a handful," Joey adds, a frown on his face as he watches Santino admiring Annalisa.

"The best ones usually are, Joey." Santino chuckles, which only makes Joey clench his jaw. I can literally smell the testosterone radiating off of these two.

Annalisa walks back to us, scowling at Joey. "You owe me a new pair of sunglasses, Salvatore!" She jabs a finger at his chest. Joey rolls his eyes at her. "Relax, doll face, I'll get them out for you."

"Ciao, Bella! I haven't had the pleasure of being introduced to you." (hello, beautiful)

Annalisa turns towards Santino, and he takes her hand, bringing it to his lips. "Santino Leonetti." He tells her his name, his accent coming in thickly.

"Annalisa De Luca." She responds, and he gives her a charming smile.

"Beautiful name for a beautiful woman."

I watch as Joey rolls his eyes behind Annalisa, and I smirk at the fact that he's not the only one with the cheesy one-liners.

I turn in JP's arms to face him. "I'm going to go join the kids in the pool." He nods and gives me a quick kiss, and playfully swats my butt when I turn to dive into the pool.

I swim over to Carmen in the shallow end of the pool, and she smiles when she sees me. "Hey, do you want to do handstands underwater?" She asks me excitedly.

"Sure," I tell her. After a few rounds, I'm surprised at how long she can hold her breath underwater.

Santino and Joey start doing flips off of the diving board, and Marco joins them, all wanting to impress Annalisa, I'm sure. Eventually, the kids get out to grab some more pizza.

"Let's play a game, you and me versus Joey and Annalisa," Santino tells me.

He swims underwater, and I yelp as I feel his head come up in between my legs. Then, he stands up, so I'm on his shoulders.

JP sits at the edge of the pool with his legs and feet dangling in the pool; he doesn't look too happy as he watches.

Then Joey does the same to Annalisa. "Bet you never thought you'd see me between your legs, babe." Annalisa pulls his hair so he grunts in pain.

"Trust me; this is the closest you'll ever get to doing anything between my legs, Joey!"

"Challenge accepted!" Joey responds, and I laugh at Annalisa's horrified face.

We start playing a game of chicken while the kids cheer us on. Marco, of course, is cheering on Annalisa, and Carmen cheers me on. Annalisa and I struggle to push each other off while we laugh, but I eventually get enough momentum to get her to fall over.

"That's my girl," I hear JP say.

~~~~~~

Don't forget to vote and comment please!

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

525K 16.6K 33
Quintessential Dynasty Series|| Book 1|Lorenzo Santini|| 18+ -An arranged marriage mafia romance- 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙗𝙤𝙧𝙣 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙖 𝙜𝙪𝙣 𝙞𝙣 𝙢𝙮 𝙝�...
705K 12.9K 51
'For The Mafia' Series - Book 1 of 3! ~~~ "Down on your knees." He lets go of my hair and pushes my shoulders down roughly, before unbuttoning and sh...
156K 2.8K 27
Sequel to: The Gang Leader Meats His Mafia Father- In- Law ___________________ You need to read the first story to understand this story :) ________...
333K 6.3K 28
|COMPLETE| Started on: 8/4/2022. Finished on: 30/7/2022. _____________ Diana Everett; a 19 year old kindergarten teacher who loves kids and her job...