like the wind | xiao x reader

By mndotjp

xiao x fem! reader - updating xiao's gaze lingered as he examined you from head to toe, "you.. summoned me?" ... More

0 | disclaimer
2 | contract
3 | bounded
4 | entangled
5 | memories
6 | deal
7 | closer
happy birthday, xiao
8 | parallel
9 | dreams
10 | dreams
11 | letter
12 | meeting
character preview
13 | bother
14 | nightmares
15 | lost
16 | interfere
17 | altered memory
18 | gift
19 | children of guizhong
20 | awhile
ad meliora | circe
21 | regrets
22 | key
23 | fleeting
24 | well
25 | night sky
26 | remnant
27 | a speck of memoir
28 | blague

1 | summon

31.5K 1.1K 2.1K
By mndotjp

-

"be careful of what you summon."

-

the cold breeze blew upon wangshu inn, the people who were around the area quickly shivered as soon as they felt the air.

the woman who owned the inn looked out and mouthed, "he must be here again."

cold breezes always accompanied the arrival of the yaksha- the adeptus who spent most of their free time gazing out the balcony of the inn, was xiao.

his pale skin and amber eyes illuminated under the grace of the moonlight.

it was quiet.

just like how he wanted it to be.

it was quiet.. well not for long..

the chimes of the inn rang as the wind continued to blow. the wind that blew almost felt like a loud cry.

the yaksha then heard a loud sound of a bell- ring.

'what is happening..' xiao thought to himself.

he hasn't heard this sound in the longest of times. it was familiar. yet distant.

the ringing repeatedly linger as he finally decided to follow it.

swiftly like the wind, he ended up going to qingyun peak, the ringing ended within this mountain.

the ever so distant sound he heard was a form of a summon. it stopped calling him out after morax has looked over liyue.

xiao quietly walked over the mountains, only to see (hair color) locks gush within the wind.

'how could this.. thing.. call me out' the thoughts in xiao's head wondered.

"did it work..?" the girl said as she stood up to dust her dress. she looked all over the place until she locked eyes with an amber pair of orbs.

xiao's gaze lingered as he examined her from head to toe, "you.. summoned me?"

his intense gaze made her shiver. this entity was not normal.

"it worked." the lady quietly mumbled as your fear was clearly visible to the yaksha.

"you're shaking." xiao mouthed as the cold air flew on her skin. she stared at him despite knowing the dangers it'll cost her.

"so. did you?" he asked once more.

"i.. i- i did!" she stutteringly responded; still visibly shivering.

his intense stare didn't back off, yet the voice he let go was rather— calm.

"tell me, mere mortal."

"what is it you desire,"

"to resort to calling out a demon."

-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.2K 1.4K 25
Drawn to Xiao and not knowing why.. Everyone has left him, leaving him to have no care whatsoever. His pain is forever and he will always endure it...
418K 17.4K 30
kazuha x fem! reader - complete "excuse me? this is my car." she said and clutched her bag. - an undercover idol around the streets of tokyo meets tr...
35.3K 1.1K 67
Hallo! this is a story and work of fiction, any names mentioned is purely coincidental and characters belong to their rightful owner, credits to the...
14.2K 383 17
When a young powerful but visionless girl meets the Adeptus Ganyu unknowingly at first they will develop a love that might or might not tear them int...