The One For Me | John Taylor

By lalalalatebar

"Ladies and gents, we have one minute until 1983!" John looked down at me from the stage, he placed his bass... More

Beth
John
Odds
Surprise
Her
Her. continued
Call
NYE
Leaving
Marriage
First
NOT A CHAPTER
Woman
Norway
Tour
Birthday
Promise
Baby
Change
Rain
Rain. continued
Goodbye
Departure
Matt
Renee
Photos
Parlor
Future
Before
Reunited
Reunited. continued
Reunited. final part
Final
A/N: Thank You
Epilogue

Affection

869 19 18
By lalalalatebar

After the concert, I met John and the rest of the band backstage. They were drenched in sweat and had towels wrapped around their necks to soak it up. The boys looked exhausted from giving their all for tonight's show. I told them how amazing it was and they all thanked me. From putting all their energy for tonight, they said they were starving and asked me if I knew any places that would be open. John pitched in the idea of me being their tour guide because they still know very little about New York. They all agreed and to be honest I felt honored. I told them I knew a pizza parlor not too far but also some other places if they had something else in mind. Simon said pizza would be a good quick bite before bed. The boys took a few moments to rest for a bit, bundled up in their jackets and we were off.
-
The streets of New York were full of honking cars, people walking around and more cars. It took an hour for us to get to the parlor that was only 5 blocks away.

The band's driver dropped us off at the front and we got out. I went in first to get our names on the list.

"How many," The half asleep waitress asked.
"Just 6."

Luckily for us a big group walked out as we were walking in.

"Follow me," she said with no emotion.

We were seated and given menus, the waitress told us she would give us a few minutes.
John sat on my left and Nick was on my right. In front of me sat Simon, Roger and Andy.
They scanned their menus with their tired eyes.

"I say we just get two large pizza's to share," Nick suggested. Everyone agreed.

"Which toppings?"

"I don't care, I just want something in my stomach," a hangry Andy complained.

We settled on one pepperoni and one cheese.
The waitress came back and took our order and drinks.

"Beth, so you found tickets after all," Simon smiled.

"It was nearly impossible but I did!"

"John, you also found a way to manage a New Years kiss," Andy laughed. John blushed but gave him a glare.

"Beth, you've should've heard him planning it-," Roger cut him off my elbowing him in the side of his stomach.

John rested his arm on my chair and said, "With a drink in your system or not, you still have no control of that mouth."

"I say we give him a few to see if he'll shut up," Nick laughed.

"Johnny, you've never properly introduced us to Beth," Simon told him.

"Right. Simon here is the lead singer, very energetic. Roger here is our drummer, not the Roger from Queen."

"Oh I love Queen," I stated.

"Who doesn't darling," Nick said.

"Roger also likes to keep to himself so don't take it personal if you only get a few words out of him," Andy laughed and Roger smiled.

"This pest is Andy, our guitarist that we're stuck with," John laughed. "Then Nick, also known as the Controller, I think he's the most interesting person out of all of us."

Nick smiled.

I told them a little about me, my career, where I grew up and how I first found out about their band.

The food came and we ate, laughed and drank to the New Year. I was enjoying the time with the band because I got to see that they weren't just the good looking boy band the world makes them out to be, they were men who wanted to make a statement with their music and wanted to leave their footprint on music history.

I insisted on paying for the meal but they wouldn't allow it, especially John.

"I invited you so that means we should pay," John looked down at me with his lovely brown eyes.

"It's no trouble Beth," Nick said as he pulled out his share.

"Please just let me do this as a thank you for inviting me and for doing a wonderful show," I begged. "Please."

I pouted as I rested my head on his shoulder.

"You're so cute," he pecked my forehead. "But it's still a no."

John and the rest of them pulled out their wallets and paid for the bill.
-
We drove back to the hotel they were staying at for the week, the boys said they were going to be in New York for a week, expect Andy.

"I'm flying back home tomorrow night," Andy said as we exited the car.

"Fun fact, Andy's the married one out of the group," Simon told me.

I was honestly shocked because he seemed a bit wild to be settled down already. My expression was noticeable because Roger laughed.

"Surprising isn't it."

"Very," I agreed.

All of them except John and I walked inside.
"I think it's time for me to go," I said, with a hint of sadness.

"But I don't want you too," he wrapped his arms around my waist. "Not just yet."

"Aren't you exhausted," I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Yes but not of you," he pulled me in closer, which was nice because he was so warm. "I want to spend more time with you."

I smiled and felt my cheeks heat up.

"Plus, it'll take you hours to get home and it's already almost 3 in morning," he checked his watch.

"What are you trying to say, Johnny?" I giggled, calling him by Simons nickname.

"Stay with me tonight," he tucked strands of hair behind my ear. I became flustered at his suggestion.

"A-All I've got is this dress and coat, plus I can deal with the traffic because I'm used to it, and you're tired and you need your time to sleep and relax."

"Got any more excuses," he raised his eyebrow and laughed. I knew he wouldn't take no for an answer.

"So you really want me to stay?"

"It's all I want right now."

I thought about it but I finally gave in.

"Great answer," he wrapped his arm around my waist and we headed inside.
-
John had a suite on the 7th floor and it was very fancy and cozy. His unpacked bags rested on his bed but he quickly put them away. He opened the curtains, revealing the brights lights from the city that never sleeps.

"I have clothes you can sleep in," John handed me one of his t-shirts and a pants.

"Thank you," I took them and he showed me the way to the bathroom.

Inside, I took a few deep breaths to calm myself down. I can't believe this is happening, what's going to happen, is something going to happen?

I changed into his clothes but his large pants were too long and baggy. I kept the oversized shirt on though, it went all the way to my knees.

I saw that he changed into something comfortable but when he saw me a smile jumped onto his face.

"What?"

"Nothing," he shook his head smiling.

He grabbed a pillow from the bed. "I'll sleep on the couch and you can have the bed."

He was being considerate which I found nice but this was his room that he was paying for.

"No, I'll sleep on the couch," I crossed my arms. "You're dead beat John and it's your room."

He picked me up bridal style and tossed me on the bed.

"My room, my rules," he said but before he could walk away I grabbed his arm and pulled him onto the bed.

"Fine, then you will sleep with me," the one too many drinks took control.

His cheeks flushed with bright red. "As you wish."

He laid down next to me and we were facing each other. His tired eyes were still sparkling.

The tension between us was growing the second. I couldn't help myself and so I crashed my lips onto his and he kissed back even harder. He gripped my hair but not to the point where it hurt. We sat up together and I sat on his lap.

"I can tell someone isn't tired," he broke away laughing.

"I'm putting the time we have to use," I played with his hair.

"We have all week love," he started planting soft kisses on my neck.

"You want to spend your time here with me?"

"Of course, I want to spend every second with you before I leave to London."

The thought of him leaving make me frown.

"Don't think about me leaving just yet," he smiled.

"What are we John? I feel like we're showing each other so much affection already."

"We're two people who like each other very much who are already showing so much affection."

I smiled and laid back down and he laid right behind me, leaving no space and wrapped his arms around me.

"I like you so much Beth and I'm not afraid to show it," he whispered in my ear.

"I feel the same way," I kissed his hand. "Good night John."

"Good night love," he kissed my neck.
-
I really enjoyed writing this one but I hope you enjoy it as well!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.8K 689 33
"Before this congregation New and Tay have given their consent and made their marriage vows to each other. They have declared their marriage by the j...
14.6K 799 25
"I want to be with you forever, and I hate that we can't be." He rolled himself between my legs and I hummed, holding the back of his head and bringi...
28.9K 687 16
"Back to this hellhole, huh?" "I wouldn't call it a hellhole" He mutters. "Oh, but I would." I snap harshly. He almost flinches. "(Y/n), I'm sorry. I...
2.4K 156 58
Just something to improve my writing & creativity ! ;) *NO SMUT* *written with mostly British grammar/words* Please keep in mind that this is *purel...