[BOOK 1] Macross: Voltron ||...

By DrCr0ss0ver

Lt. Mathias Hunter Anderson, ace pilot of Macross Garrison, never would have expected to be flung from a war... More

Chapter 1: Lost
Chapter 2: The Unknown Pilot of... Earth??
Chapter 3: History Lesson
Chapter 4: A fight for dear life
Chapter 6: The Dimensional Paladin
Chapter 7: Reunion
Chapter 8: Begin the Blitz
Chapter 9: The Siren's Song
Chapter 10: Prisoners + Blood duel
Chapter 11: Graveyard
Chapter 12: Defender of all Universes
Chapter 13: Journal
Chapter 14: Sacrifice
Chapter 15: Death's Door
Chapter 16: Recovery
Chapter 17: SHORT 1: Discovery
Chapter 18: SHORT 2: Destroid Defense
Chapter 19: SHORT 3: SDFN-12
Chapter 20: IGF Macross
Chapter 21: Lion's Pride
Chapter 22: SDF-1, Defender of the Earth
Chapter 23: SDF-0
Chapter 24: Lift off
The Future of the SDVF Series
*SPOILERS FOR THE NEXT CHAPTERS*

Chapter 5: Bloodshed

113 4 0
By DrCr0ss0ver

This chapter might be rushed slightly, had a lot to do, so putting this out was difficult.

Also, I want to point out a reminder that there will be major story changes for Voltron! So, please keep that in mind. The next chapter (not the next part) will be from the canon story, however!  

This is also a Pidge and OC focused story.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been three weeks since the battle that drained Mathias' energy. He had recovered quickly, returning life to normal. Galran activity had decreased drastically over the past two weeks. While unsettling, it did give everyone a nice break in the meantime. Hunk practiced recipes, Lance... being Lance, Keith practicing on his techniques with his Bayard, Shiro strengthening his bond with his Lion, Mathias and Pidge working on new inventions and technologies together, Coran tidying up the Castle and even Allura stopping to take five. That all changed when a Blade of Mamoria contacted them just moments ago about a Galran prisoner convoy near the Castle, returning everyone to the battle hardened state. Everyone had gathered on the bridge to examine an image of the convoy of Galran ships, as well as the prisoner transport cruiser. It wasn't heavily armed, but not unarmed either. They were deep with an asteroid belt, as if using it for cover.

"Do we have any intel about who or what is onboard the ship?" Mathias asked, staring at the prisoner ship's escort cruisers.

"I'm afraid not, but regardless of that, we have to rescue everyone on that ship," Allura responded with a very determined look on her face.

"Does anyone have a plan for how we can rescue the prisoners?" Keith asked, bringing up a big topic.

"I think we should take all the Lions out, destroy the escorts, board the ship, save the prisoners, and BOOYAH, we're done!" Lance made exaggerated movements as he 'explained' his plan out to the group. Shiro and Keith looked unamused.

Mathias shook his head, "not a good idea to send all the Lions out like that." Everyone looked at him strangely.

"Why not? I mean, look at that puny fleet. They wouldn't even last five minutes!" Lance shouted while crossing his arms on his chest.

"Commander Talyor always said 'keep on your guard, don't go all out and use everything at once. Doing so will put you in bad positions.' From what I've seen of Voltron. Should something go wrong, we can't let the Galra get all the Lions at once should they have an unexpected ace up their sleeves," Mathias explained. Everyone looked at each other and nodded.

"What do you propose?" Allura questioned, raising her eyebrow.

"Do you have a map of the internals of the ship, or at least that type of ship?" Mathias asked. Allura nodded and pressed a few buttons on the console. A projection of the ship's interior appeared in front of him. He studied the ship for a moment, murmuring to himself before looking back at the image of the convoy and the asteroid belt.

"Well..?" Lance seemed impatient.

Mathias placed a hand under his chin, thinking for a moment before a light bulb went off in his head, "alright, I got a plan." Everyone listened as Mathias began to explain his plan, "First things first, I need to know: who here pilots the most defensive or armored Lion?"

Hunk raised his hand, "that would be me and Yellow."

"Alright. I want you to remain out of the battle zone, yet nearby it. I'll explain why in a moment," Mathias said. Hunk gave a nod as Mathias looked back to the ships and continued, "so, these ships are in an asteroid belt, meaning that they have limited mobility. Shiro, Lance and Keith. You will be the main fighters of the battle. Your job is to deal with the nearby cruisers and fighters. While you guys are taking care of the main forces, Pidge and I will board the ship in my fighter and free the prisoners. I was also thinking Pidge could access the reactors and set them to overload. Once we free the prisoners, we will jettison them in an escape pod or pods. The two of us will escape and rendezvous back with Hunk to allow Pidge to go back to the Green Lion. This is where Hunk comes into play. He will swoop in and retrieve the pod or pods that escape and transport them back to the Castle. The Castle will remain outside of the combat zone, unless things go to hell, then Allura and Coran will push in to assist. Keith, if things go bad for us, move out of the fight outside and come help us in the ship. Any questions?"

"So I just escort the prisoners out? Okay, not bad, I like it," Hunk said with relief.

"I, for one, like the plan," Shiro stated, though he wasn't too keen with Mathias' use of language. Everyone else seemed to agree.

"Then it is agreed. We launch immediately!" Allura shouted as she activated the Teleduv, and the ship jumped into a wormhole, it's destination: the prisoner convoy.

~ Fast forward ~

The ship jumped out of the wormhole, with everyone launching to their respective areas. Mathias, Pidge and Hunk on standby while the others attacked. Small detachments of fighters launched from the cruisers, but not as many as one would expect. As Shiro, Lance and Keith engaged the fighters and the cruisers. Mathias and Pidge quickly closed into the prisoner ship's hangar. As they entered, they were greeted by the sentries inside opening fire, however, their weapons would do little to know damage. Quickly transforming to GERWALK mode, he gunned the numerous sentried in the room before landing on its feet. The two quickly hopped out of the cockpit and onto the ground. Mathias being equipped with his EX-GEAR systems and a high caliber assault rifle. The two dashed into the hallways. Following the schematics of prisoner type ships, they were coming close to a control panel which should give them access to the ship's internal systems. However, as the two of them reached it, they discovered that the console had been destroyed by debris. The two frowned, they would have to change the plan.

"Guys, come in!" Mathias called through his comms.

"Mathias, have you found the panel yet?" Shiro asked. A muffled explosion could be heard through his comms.

"We have... but unfortunately... it's been destroyed..." Mathias looked down to Pidge, who looked back up to him.

"That's not good, we may have to fall back if we can't get access to their systems!" Shiro shouted.

"No, it's just a minor setback. We still have prisoners to rescue. We'll do it one at a time, I guess," Mathias said, but Pidge looked like she had a different idea brewing in her mind.

"Alright, over and out!" Shiro said as the comms went dead.

"There's another way we can do this," Pidge stated.

Mathias tilted his helmet sideways slightly, "shoot."

"You go rescue the prisoners, I'll go to the reactor room and overload the engines. We'll meet up after the prisoners escape and we'll leave," Pidge suggested.

Mathias' helmeted gear opened to reveal his pilot helmet underneath, then he took off his helmet. He gently placed a hand on her shoulder, then spoke in a soft, gentle voice, "Pidge... that's dangerous... I know you're an amazing fighter and a Paladin, but even that seems like too much for you. Are you sure you'll be okay all by yourself..?"

Pidge frowned slightly. The way he was speaking, and the way he was concerned, it reminded her of her brother. She looked back up to the eyes of Mathias. His expression was full of concern. She nodded, "I can take care of myself. I'll call you when I set the engines to overload. I'll set the timer to 10 dobashes- er... 10 minutes."

Mathias released his grip and nodded, putting on his helmet again as the EX-GEAR's helmet encompassed his pilot helmet. The two separated, with Pidge running towards the main reactor while Mathias dashed down the corridors to the prisoner chambers. Mathias almost forgot that his suit could fly, so he engaged his thrusters to make it to the chambers faster. He pulled up a map on a hud in his helmet. A small blip on the hud indicated that he was getting close. He touched back to the ground as he approached a corner. He peeked around to see multiple sentries guarding multiple doors. He turned the corner, aiming his weapon at the nearest sentry. Pulling the trigger, his weapon unleashes a fury of bullets upon the Galran sentries. The first couple of sentries fell, before the remaining few realized he was there and returned fire. Mathias scoffed as he maneuvered his way around the enemy laser fire while continuing to return fire. He could hear terrified shrieks coming from some of the cells within. He was scaring the prisoners, he had to make this quick. Aiming for the head, he shot down the last remaining sentry. It fell with a satisfying *clang!* as Mathias lowered his weapon. He gave a sigh of relief, that was one step over with. He hovered his way over to the first cell and pressed a button, opening it. No one was inside, but he could see that the conditions of the cell could drive anyone to insanity if given the chance. Mathias turned his attention to the second cell and opened it. This cell held several aliens inside who not only held their arms up when they saw the light, but also coward when they saw him.

One of the aliens looked up at Mathias and noticed he wasn't a sentry, "who... are you?" Their voice was raspy, probably from extensive damage by the Galra's torture from Mathias perspective.

"My name is Mathias.  I'm a fighter pilot for Aigaion squadron.  I work directly with Voltron. We're here to rescue you!" Mathias said as his helmet protector unfolded to the back of his head, revealing his pilot helmet underneath. He extended his hand out to one of the aliens, who gladly took it and stood up. The others slowly stood up as well. Mathias pointed to the open doorway, "quickly! Help me with the prisoner cells, but stay with me! We have a plan, so follow my every command!" The other aliens nodded as they rushed out to open the other cells, and free the other prisoners.

Once all the prisoners were freed, Mathias could see about prisoners that gathered in the hallways. Several of them had picked up the carbines from the fallen sentries, which added to the defense. Mathias frowned at the thought that the escape pod could possibly not hold that many souls on board. They ran to the escape pod, which to Mathias' surprise when a majority of the prisoners entered, there was more than enough room for everyone.

"I got the prisoners! I'm loading into the pod!" Mathias shouted through the comms.

"GUYS! I OVERLOADED THE REACTOR, BUT I'M PINNED DOWN BY GALRA! TIME UNTIL DETONATION: FIVE DOBASHES-!" Pidge suddenly screamed towards the end of her sentence.

"PIDGE?!" There was a collective call from everyone's voice. There was no response but an eerie static.

"I'll go find her and make sure she's safe! Stay to the plan!" Mathias shouted. If his mind was right, Dobashes were longer than minutes, so he had about seven minutes before a reactor breach. He looked at the prisoners who had weapons and pointed to them, "the ones who have weapons, I need to hold off any Galra reinforcements for four dobashes. If we're not back by then, just leave in the pod, we'll be behind you." The aliens nodded and took defensive positions near the pod. Mathias, using his thrusters, shot down the numerous hallways in order to reach the reactor room. Time was of the essence, and he certainly didn't have a lot of it. The reactor room was far, but not too far that would warrant an emergency.

5 Dobashes, 7 ticks remaining...

Mathias could hear the increasing sound of weapons fire grew nearer as he approached the room. The door had been blasted off, along with the remains of several sentries which had been destroyed by a melee strike. Purple lasers were colliding into a nearby wall. Mathias peeked over to see Pidge just squirming to grab her helmet from the open without being shot. She then hid behind an ever so shrinking piece of a small wall, as the laser fire was tearing pieces of it off. She was wounded in her arm, he could see a bloody wound from a jointed area, which offered less protection than the rest of her armor. Growling, he rounded the corner with his weapon drawn and open fired upon the Galra. Pidge suddenly jerked her head and looked at him when he zoomed over to her, taking cover as the enemy fire intensified.

"Mathias?!" Pidge shouted in total disbelief, but the weapons fire muffled her voice.

Mathias ducked below the cover to look at her with a very serious look, but he also had a very concerned and slightly startled expression on his face, "can you run?" Pidge nodded, then grunted in pain as she gripped her elbow. Blood began to ooze from the would like a small fountain. Mathias muttered to himself a curse, then pointed to the destroyed doorway. "I want to run out of here and around the corner. I'll follow you shortly. I'll cover you while you make a break for it, okay?" Pidge nodded again as an explosion rocked the destroyed cover in front of them. "GO!" Mathias shouted as he stood back up and continued firing, while Pidge ran to the doorway. The Galran drones, despite falling from Mathias' fire, didn't focus on him. As soon as Pidge began to run out, they immediately fired upon the small Paladin. Pidge only made it half way from Mathias' position to the doorway when a sudden pain hit her in the knee, then two more in her back. She screamed as she fell to the ground, a loud thud echoed around her.

"PIDGE!!" Mathias screamed, then howled in anger as he tore apart the drones. He was going to make them pay! One by one, shrapnel and sparks followed the destroyed drones. One by one, each drone fueled Mathias' rage. When the last drone dramatically fell, Mathias zoomed over to Pidge, who was whimpering in pain. Mathias grabbed the injured Paladin in his arms in bridal style. His expression was encompassed with worry. Mathias moved out of the room and into a nearby hallway. He gently placed the injured Paladin on the ground, but leaning on a wall. Pidge grunted before her head hung slightly. This alarmed Mathias, "Pidge?! PIDGE!"

"It... hurts..." she whimpered as she looked back at him, her head was slightly shaking from the very limited energy. Mathias could see tears building up in her eyes. Small dark shadows had formed under her eyes.

"Where? Where does it hurt?" Mathias said gently. Despite the current situation, he didn't want to make one of his closest friends panic.

Pidge, using her unshot arm, shakily pointed to her knee and her other arm. "Two... more... on my... back..." Mathias nodded as he gently grabbed Pidge's shoulder and moved her forward to see the extent of the damage. She groaned in pain, hurting him on the inside. Mathias looked at her back plates, only to find there were minor scorch marks from weapons blasts, but nothing penetrated her armor. A small wave of relief washed over him, but not much. Now comes the more painful part: the bloodied wounds. Luckily for him, his suit had two compartments available which he stored medical supplies in. Normally, other soldiers would throw ammo in those areas, but he kept medical bandages and healing pads with him. Seeing the extent of the wounds, his own healing pads wouldn't work, so he'll have to stop the bleeding at least.

"Those shots on your back didn't penetrate your armor, only scorched it," Mathias gently said as he laid her back on the wall, he grunted when her back made contact, "now, let's see if we can stop the bleeding and get you home." Mathias opened a pouch which had a long white bandage roll from his suit. He rolled some around his wrist and broke it off. Just before he began to wrap his bandaged hands around Pidge's leg, he stopped to look at Pidge, "this is going to hurt... a lot. Are you ready?" She slowly nodded and took a deep breath in. Mathias did the same as he tightly wrapped the bandage around her knees. Pidge cried out from the sudden spike in pain. Mathias tied the ends into a knot and looked down at his handiwork. The bandage immediately became a darkened red, but it did seem to stop the bleeding. He moved on to her arm. "Extend your arm if you can," He asked. She slowly nodded and raised her shaky, injured arm in front of her. Mathias quickly wrapped it in a bandage as well, tightening it to keep blood from leaking. The pain wasn't as bad as her leg, but Pidge still howled in pain. Mathias pulled her into his arms as he slowly stood up. "Hold onto me as tight as you can-" he was cut off from the weapons fire of sentries that had ambushed him. "HOLD ON!" He shouted as he took off from the hallway, with laser fire ensuing behind him. Pidge grunted as she held on for dear life.

2 Dobashes remaining

Every hallway they came into, they ran into more reinforcements that followed them down. Pidge, still clinging on, noticed they passed near the main hangar bay, where were they going?

"We passed by the hangar bay!" Pidge shouted pointing backwards, only to realize the amount of soldiers in the faint distance chasing them.

"We have to check up on the prisoners, they're holding the escape pod and we have to help them-" Mathias suddenly grunted as a blast hit him in the back of the suit. It was followed by six more shots around the back. Mathias nearly fell forward, crushing the poor girl before he regained his balance and kept zooming away from the soldiers.

"MATHIAS!?" Pidge shouted in worry, seeing her friend had been hit multiple times.

"I'm okay! Those rounds didn't penetrate my suit! How much time do we have left?"

"About one and a half dobashes!" PIdge shouted as they arrived at the escape pod. All of the prisoners had boarded, but as they saw both humans approached, a couple came back out. Mathias could hear an approaching force of Galran drones approaching. He quickly rushed over to the pod and the prisoners.

"We were about to launch, come on!" One of the prisoners waved as Mathias, still carrying Pidge followed them. Mathias, knowing the approaching soldiers, the time left, and seeing the pod controls, sighed slightly. Just as they were about to ensure the prisoners' leave, Mathias placed Pidge in the pod and stood in the doorway. Pidge looked up at him in confusion and surprise.

"What are you doing?!" She shouted at the pilot.

"You're too injured to come back with me to my fighter. Not to mention, there are numerous Galra on their way here. They will cancel the launch and kill you all. Best to send you with the prisoners for Hunk to retrieve you," Mathias calmly stated.

"Guys! Get out of there! The ship's going to blow!" Shiro shouted through the comms, but Mathias ignored him entirely by cutting off his comms temporarily.

"I'll hold them off for you to escape," Mathias could see the shocked and saddened face of Pidge, so he tried to give a small, warm smile, but his helmet blocked anyone from seeing it, "I'll make it out, promise." An explosion from the doors behind them forced Mathias to press a button, shutting the escape pod's door. Pidge painfully stood up and leaned on the door to look through a small window. She saw Mathias butt the controls with his rifle, destroying it as Galran soldiers emerged from a smoke cloud by the explosion earlier. Mathias moved in front of the door and began to fire upon him. He took one last look behind him, looked at Pidge, and gave a thumbs up, before scowling as he returned fire in front of him. The pod launched as Pidge screamed Mathias' name, as if that would help. His form became increasingly smaller until it was unseeable at all. Soon enough, the ship slowly began to shrink in view as space began to show itself around her. She could see the remains of Galra fighters and cruisers nearby. Her eyes began to water as her friend was still on board sacrificing himself so she could escape.

A voice suddenly snapped her back into reality.

"PIDGE?! WHERE ARE YOU?!" Shiro frantically shouted through the comms.

"I'm in the escape pod, wounded, but Mathias is still onboard the ship!" She shouted, her voice slightly croaking.

"WHAT?!" Everyone else shouted. Hunk, in the Yellow Lion, grabbed the escape pod and began to tow it back to the Castle, but not before a massive explosion engulfed the Galran prisoner cruiser, followed by numerous internal explosions along the hull. Pidge screamed as tears flowed through her eyes. She banged on the glass with her fists, her tears building at the bottom of her helmet. She could smell them as they built up below her. Everyone else wasn't favoring any better. Shiro and Keith both held looks of shock on their faces, while Lance and Hunk had tears in their eyes. Allura and Coran, who had been watching the battle unfold from the distance, were both speechless. They had just lost a valuable member of their team. Hunk dragged the pod out of the ever closing combat zone and towards the Castle.

Shiro watched as the ship engulfed itself in a fireball. He wanted to just stop and mourn, but the duty comes first. "Paladins, don't let those remaining fighters engage Hunk!"

"Got it..." Lance and Keith's voice was quieter than usual, but nevertheless, they pressed on the attack. The last portion of the battle was a mop up, as all three Paladins effortlessly destroyed the remaining fighters. That was until a squadron managed to sneak behind Lance while the others were busy.

Shiro noticed it at the last second, "Lance, on your 6!"

"I know I can't shake them!" He shouted as he tried to maneuver his way out of this, but the fighters still remained behind him. He could see they were charging their weapons. He braced for impact. He waited... and waited... but nothing happened. He opened his eyes to see a barrage of blue bullets tear up a fighter from underneath it. He was confused, 'there was no else around to help me out and the others were busy, who could've-' That's when a massive body flew past him, dawning a black and blue color scheme.

"You guys seriously thought an explosion like that would've stopped me?" A voice came through the comms. Everyone's expression lightened greatly when they realized who that was.

"MATHIAS!" Everyone shouted. A projection of his face appeared in his fighter, he seemed to be wincing in pain.

"Ow... geez, that combined scream hurt my ears..." he said admittedly as he rubbed the back of his head.

"We're glad you're okay!" Hunk squealed through the comms, as he had made it to a hangar bay to drop off the prisoners and Pidge.

"Sorry for making you worry," the blue haired pilot apologized after she shot down the last of the enemy fighters.

"It's alright. Let's just go home, then we can talk," Shiro said as they made their way back to the Castle. Even though things went well, it was just a long day.

~ Fast Forward a few hours ~

Mathias flopped onto the couch in his casual clothes as everyone else did the same and gathered around him. It's been a couple of hours since the battle. Pidge had just gotten out of a healing pod moments ago, so she had missed some current events.

"How did you escape? I didn't see you leave the ship when it exploded," Pidge asked.

Mathias flinched a little. Just moments ago before entering the lounge, she scolded him for scaring her, but she was also thankful he did it for the prisoners and her. Mathias smugly smiled at her, "skill." She rolled her eyes and scoffed. Mathias gave a small laugh, "okay, so what happened was after the pod was jettisoned, I ignored the enemy weapons fire and made it into my fighter, which those drones had swarmed like insects. As soon I hopped in the cockpit, the ship exploded, flinging me out behind it. The Pinpoint Barriers were the only thing that kept me from dying and detonating the last two Reaction Missiles."

"And you're sure you're okay? Pidge said you took several shots to the back. Are you sure you don't want to go to a healing pod?" Shiro asked, drawing concern with what Pidge had said to him earlier.

"I swear, I'm fine!" Mathias protested. Shiro was about to say something else when Hunk intervened.

"I'm famished, anyone want to grab something to eat?" the yellow giant asked, a smile on his face.

Mathias immediately smiled and shot straight up, "aw hell yeah! Let's go!" He raced out of the lounge. All the Paladins looked at each other before either shaking their head with a smile, laughing as they followed Mathias' lead.

~ Fast forward ~

Pidge was in her dark room, her glasses reflected the glare of her laptop on her face. She furiously typed away at equations on the door. Mostly everyone had fallen asleep by now, the exceptions being Mathias, Shiro, Keith and maybe Allura depending on the day. She looked at the time on her laptop. Nearly midnight, damn, she was tired now? She's usually tired around 2 or 3 AM. Unexpectedly, a knock came from her door. She was wondering who it could be at this time of hour. That knock wasn't aggressive, so she didn't think it was Keith. She disregarded that thought as she set aside her computer and groggily opened her door. She found Mathias rubbing his eye with his elbow, shadows deep under his eyes.

"Hey, Pidge. Sorry to bother you, but is it okay if I stay with you for a little while? I... just wanted to see a close friend right now..." Mathias rubbed the back of his head. His hair was slightly messy and random, despite it still being in a ponytail. Pidge moved out of the way, allowing him in. Her face felt warmer than usual, was it because he admitted that she was a close friend? That was probably it. Pidge moved several things out of the way to allow some room for both Mathias and herself to sit on her bed. Mathias sat in a corner while she sat in the middle of the room. She picked up her laptop and was about to start typing when a gentle hand was placed on her right shoulder. She looked up to Mathias, who held a sincere look on his face.

"Pidge, I need to say something to you... and it's important," Mathias said softly.

Pidge gulped, her face was starting to blend with red. "O-Okay?"

Mathias looked down slightly, "I'm sorry."

Those words really caught her off guard. Pidge tilted her head slightly in confusion, "for... what..? What are you apologizing for?"

"I... wanted to say I'm sorry for... earlier... with you and the escape pod. I only wanted to keep you safe because unlike you, I'm literally a nobody here. You are a Paladin, you have much more significance in this world than I do. I'm here by an accident..."

"Mathias, you're not nothing... stop treating yourself like that," Pidge said in a somewhat scolding manner, but also hearty as well. "You're more than an accident, you're my friend, one of my closest I've had for a while."

"What about the others? Aren't they also your closest friends?" Mathias asked. He suddenly shivered and huddled his back into a corner.

"They are, but you are so unique," Pidge smugly pushed up her glasses, "plus, your fighter is top notch."

"Are you implying I'm only cool because of my fighter?" Mathias asked, a small smile forming on his face.

"Maaaybe," Pidge said without missing a beat. Mathias gave a hefty, wholehearted laugh, Pidge slowly doing the same. The two laughed for a while before Mathias calmed down. Pidge suddenly saw he looked more famished than before.

"I know this is a little weird, but... mind if I... close my eyes a second..." Mathias yawned slightly, he pressed up more into the corner. His eyelids falling upon each other.

"Sure, but no snoring," she said as she placed her laptop on her lap again and began typing.

"Thanks, Pidge... it's getting... colder... in here... maybe it's just me..." Pidge stopped to see that Mathias had fallen asleep peacefully. Pidge didn't think much of it, as they were in the dark still and her laptop was the only source of light. She typed away for another few minutes, looking over several lines of code that was frustrating her internally. She spread her hands out on the mattress as she leaned back slightly. Her right hand moved over to a spot near Mathias. Her hand flinched when her hand felt something wet and somewhat cold on her hand. She moved her right hand off of the spot. Why was her blanket wet and cold? She pulled her hand closer to her laptop, seeing something that caught her eye. Her hand was covered in something red, that was slowly oozing around her. She froze, it was blood. She quickly laid aside her laptop and hopped off her bed, quickly jumping across her messy room to the light switch controls and activated the lights. The sudden occupation of light in her dark room hurt her eyes, but now she could see clearly. Her pupils shrunk at the sight. Blood was all over his clothes. Blood trickled down his hands like a river. He had a small smile plastered on his face. Pidge could see the corner where he had been sitting was engulfed in blood. She covered her face in pure terror.

"M...Math...ias..?" Pidge whispered out, her voice barely making it to even her ears.

No response from the pilot. She quickly ran over to him, knocking over multiple stacks of books and other items in her room. She grabbed the shoulders of the blue haired pilot. Her hands quickly soaking with blood.

"Mathias?!" She shook him slightly, there was no response. His head hung down, his body not even moving. Tears had formed in her eyes, flowing down her face like waterfalls

"MATHIAS!!!" She tore up her vocal cords to scream out his name, but the only response she got was a devastating, utter silence...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dun Dun DUUUUNNN!!

Hope you enjoyed this story!

...e-even though it was really dark...

It's shorter than usual! 5222 words!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.2K 157 44
She looks human, but is far from it; created by humans with the help of the Galra to be a weapon of mass destruction. But she refuses to be used by a...
1.2K 53 12
What if Keith and Pidge had met before when Matt befriended Shiro at the Garrison? What if instead of going undercover as Pidge Gunderson, Pidge trie...
3.2K 736 19
For millennia, the Galra Empire has plagued the universe by destroying civilizations and enslaving various races. The only threat to the empire is th...
23.6K 457 19
(Keith x OC) Staring up at the night sky, Elle always thought she'd simply explore within the Solar System. She didn't expect to be fighting in an in...