Ice burn//Adam Banks

By DoWaDiddyDumDo

Bridget Nixon attends Eden Hall with a academic scholarship and they give her a second chance at figure skati... More

Framed
Eden Hall Academy
Cold as Ice
New Roster
Hans
The Funeral
Banksie
Lost Myself
Bloods and Allies
Robots and blueprints
Country Club
Board Meeting
Math Prodigy
Showdown
Kristin's a BIOTCH
Potentially
Bruised
Regionals
Surgery
Falling Hard
Stupid Engagement Ring
I like Switzerland
War Against Riley and Banks
Besides the Warnings
What We Could've Been
Hard Knock Life
Authors Note : Please Read
Im so lonesome I could cry
E-Scape Goat
Nationals
Burnt Out
Not an Update
Fucking Knock
Perfection
Not an update
Maybe Fixed Problems
Ice Burn
Epilogue
Thank You!

Coach Smirnoff

3.4K 45 3
By DoWaDiddyDumDo

Mrs. Bridgerton was part of the figure skating association in the district. She was very high in her place and everyone kissed her ass. Other than that, she was a normal, strict, high school teacher.

During first period, I had to run to her class to have her copy a worksheet for my teacher, Mr. Markle.

I peered into the class and noticed that they were working on a test. I slowly walked in and to the front of the class.

"Mrs. Nixon." Mrs. Bridgerton said sternly. "What are you doing here?"

I grinned at her. "Oh umm, Mr. Markle needed more copies of this." And I handed her the worksheet.

Mrs. Bridgerton had a copier in her room and Mr. Markle always liked going to her class to make copies because the copy room is literally on the other side of the school.

While watching the teacher make copies, I stood there procrastinating to ask her a question. Then, I stopped procrastinating and made my awkward ass ask it.

"Can I skate yet?"

Mrs. Bridgerton didn't say anything.

"I mean, I saw that tryouts were coming up. I was just wondering if I could join the team."

She kept quiet. I laughed awkwardly. "Stupid question."

"That's if you make the team." She said handing me the papers.

"If i make the team?" I ask. "So, I can try out again."

Mrs. Bridgerton nodded. A huge smile grew upon my face. I began to laugh in excitement and skipped backwards toward the door.

"Yes! YES!" I shouted. "Oh this is gonna be amazing! Holy hell this is incredible."

In embarrassment, i stopped cheering and looked at all the freshman staring at me.

"Sorry." I giggled then ran out of the room.

Skipping down the hallway cheering, I felt eyes on me so I immediately stopped I spun around and saw Rick Riley at the end of the hall. He was covered in big bites but I just shrugged it off.

"What the hell are you so excited about, babe?" He chuckled. For some reason, I sprinted down the hallway and hugged him so tight. "They are letting me skate again!" I muffled into his chest.

"Seriously?"

"Yeah, Rick! Will you come to try-outs? They are Friday."

"Of course." Rick responded. Of course, It was bullshit. I knew the second it was bullshit when I turned down the other corridor.

Here is something you probably don't know, yet. Rick is a manipulative liar. He will build you up just to make your building fall all over again like a game of Jenga.

Rick never once came to one of my debate competitions, outside golf tournament, or even musicals. Now if he ever did come, it was never for me. It was always so he could check out the prettier girls. The girls he knew for a fact that I was always insecure about. Of course when I stood up to him about it, it always ended in a fight.

The reason why I never left was because I thought he would go back to being nice again. But of course, it never did. To be fair, I did love the popularity it has given me. But deep down I knew I had to break up with him soon before he pulls out my bricks. Now, that is something I will never admit to. Mainly because anyone who is close to me, other than my family, knows how bad he treats me. But me being the stubborn son of a bitch I am, I never wanted to break up with him. I just wanted to prove to those people that he isn't so bad.

Friday morning around 5 am, I snuck into the rink with my skates. I put on my skates and glided onto the ice.

I practice some moves that I used to excel at. Surprisingly, I still had it in me. The triple axel was my favorite because I felt like a Tonya Harding when I did it. Well, Tonya Harding in her prime.

Gliding across the ice made me feel like I could fly. Practicing skating bring joy to me. God knows why I never practiced a lot during my suspension.

About an hour went by when I heard the door open. I turned around and saw Adam Banks with his skates and some of his hockey equipment.

I flashed him a smile and skated towards the door. "Oh, you can keep skating. I was just gonna get some shots in." Adam stated.

"It's fine. I've been skating all morning I should probably get ready for school anyways." I smiled.

Adam smiled in response. "You're pretty good."

"Thanks. I'm a little rusty." I sighed.

We smiled at each other. "See you around!" I waved goodbye and started to put on my skate guards.

Adam got on the ice and threw some pucks down getting in some shots.

Once I got my shoes on and my stuff in my bag, I sighed and started for the door.

"Hurry Tiffany! We are gonna be late!" I complained as we sprinted down the hall later that day.

"I'm sorry!" Tiffany apologized.

We ran into the locker room and swiftly changed our shoes. We saw that the girls were already lined up on the line and we quickly glided onto the ice next to them.

Coach Smirnoff stood and glared at us. "That's the coach?" I whispered to Tiffany.

"Yeah, she is very strict. Don't get on her bad side."

"I think we already did."

"I think YOU already did. Smirnoff loves me." Tiffany bragged and I gave her an uneasy look.

"Vook at me vwhen I speak to you." (Not spell errors. The coach is Russian) Her thick nasally accent filled the room.

"I'm coach Smirnoff . If you make team, I'll be your coach." She claimed. "I don't make many mercy's so you have one chance to make team. Second chances mean nothing to me and this team."

She skated along the long line of girls. "I shall be taking approximately 8 girl." She glared. "The rest will either make JV or nothing at all."

There were 25 girls that were trying out. 8 go to varsity, the other 8 go to JV. The rest go home. 9 get to go home.

"She's very scary." I whispered to Tiff. "I know. She is very harsh, too. I barley made JV last year."

"Now if you don't make team, don't be discouraged and think you're failure." She assured. "You're not failure—you're loser." She retorted.

"Love the words of encouragement." I joked to Tiffany. "I know! So inspiring." Tiffany giggled.

"After tryouts, I post paper in locker room." She informed. "Now, show me what talents you've vot." She smirked.

Immediately she had the girls one at a time skate down the rink and perform their best trick. Most of them attempted to do a Salchow jump but most of them couldn't.

Just then, I noticed one of the blonde girl's hair. Long, silky, and full of shit. Kristin Bandli. Of course like she always does, she landed her triple lutz.

"Vell done, Kristin. Wonderful!" Smirnoff clapped. Kristin made eye contact with me and gave me a mischievous smile.

Kristin and I go way back. Forever and always will be one of my worst enemy's. She is a manipulative, compulsive, lying, snobby, bratty...!* sighs* i'm getting ahead of myself. What I'm trying to say is, I don't like her very much.

It was finally Tiffany's turn. "You got this." I whispered.

The red head glided and when she reached the end, She jumped and almost landed a salchow almost perfectly. I empathetically smiled. Tiffany, almost didn't land properly. When her blade touched the ice, she almost fell over but managed to stay balanced. She then skated back to me.

"I didn't get enough momentum that time." Tiffany noted.

"That's okay, you still looked okay."

"Nixon. Your turn." Coach Smirnoff.

I exhaled sharply and pushed off with my left foot. Nervousness swept over me but I kept on picturing myself doing a double Axel.

Trying to get enough momentum, I skated swiftly and jumped. That's when I somehow landed a double axel. I thought that I was going to fast but I landed perfectly.

"Impressive." Smirnoff said with no expression while writing down on her notepad. The girls clapped elegantly and I smiled awkwardly.

I made eye contact with Kristin once more and she just rolled her eyes. "You still got it!" Tiffany cheered for me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11K 130 23
At Eden hall, Scooter was extremely popular, being a jock and all. For some reason everyone loved jocks. Now..that never made sense to Tarynn Holland...
80.7K 1K 41
All Adam Banks wanted to do was play hockey. So, what happens when he convinces his best friend to join the Ducks with him? Together they are able to...
14.5K 130 16
Clove Madden was a freshman going into Eden Hall. Her brother's best friends Rick Riley, Scooter, And Cole were all on the varsity hockey team waitin...
22.3K 203 17
Josephine Riley gets given an opportunity to attend Eden hall which didn't come as a shock to many considering her brother, Rick is captain of the Va...