Truth: Itachi Uchiha Love Sto...

By xxxQueenSarabiiixxx

∞ Indicates a time skip Some chapters may include spoilers to the anime/manga. "Can you help me with some t... More

P R O F I L E
C H A P T E R 1
C H A P T E R 2
C H A P T E R 3
C H A P T E R 4
C H A P T E R 5
C H A P T E R 6
C H A P T E R 7
C H A P T E R 8
C H A P T E R 9
C H A P T E R 1 0
C H A P T E R 1 1
C H A R A C T E R R E D E S I G N
C H A P T E R 1 2
C H A P T E R 1 3
C H A P T E R 1 4
C H A P T E R 1 5
C H A P T E R 1 6
C H A P T E R 1 7
C H A P T E R 1 8
C H A P T E R 1 9
C H A P T E R 2 0
C H A P T E R 2 1
C H A P T E R 2 2
C H A P T E R 2 3
C H A P T E R 2 5
C H A P T E R 2 6
C H A P T E R 2 7
C H A P T E R 2 8
C H A P T E R 2 9
C H A P T E R 3 0
C H A P T E R 3 1
C H A P T E R 3 2
C H A P T E R 3 3
C H A P T E R 3 4
C H A P T E R 3 5
C H A P T E R 3 6
C H A P T E R 3 7
C H A P T E R 3 8
C H A P T E R 3 9
C H A P T E R 4 0
C H AP T E R 4 1
C H A P T E R 4 2
C H A P T E R 4 3
C H A P T E R 4 4
C H A P T E R 4 5
C H A P T E R 4 6
C H A P T E R 4 7
C H A P T E R 4 8
C H A P T E R 4 9
C H A P T E R 5 0
C H A P T E R 5 1

C H A P T E R 2 4

611 32 8
By xxxQueenSarabiiixxx

"Shiori!"

I turned at the sound of my name, Kakashi stopped just a few yards behind me, walking the rest of the way. "Lady Tsunade said I should come with you".

For a moment, I was confused, but I pushed the thought aside. "Thank You". I turned and continued towards the hospital. 'The only person who would be at the hospital at this time would be Yuki. Hopefully, she isn't too keen on asking questions about Itachi if she finds us'.

I skipped over the single step at the front of the building, practically sailing through the front doors. All the lights in the building were out, except for a few office and patient rooms. The door opened with a silent woosh, my heels clicking hurriedly against the polished floors.

"Where are we going?" Kakashi asked.

"I need to set up a room". I responded trying hard to whisper but to no avail. The empty halls and glossed floors and walls amplified even the smallest of sounds.

"Do you know what's wrong with him?"

I shook my head, "He has serious pulmonary and cardiovascular diseases along with some ocular issues caused by the sharingan. But I can't treat it without knowing the full extent of those issues so I come up with a useful treatment".

We walked the rest of the halls in silence, finally reaching a lone door at the end of the back hallway. I shoved the door open letting Kakashi walk in before allowing it to swing shut. The room was smaller than the other patient rooms, but it was perfect since we never used it cause it was so far back from the main desk. A floor to ceiling closet sat in the corner just left of the shuttered windows. Electrocardiogram, capnogram, and an IV stand lined the wall nearest the bed.

Walking over to the closet I rummaged for extra pillows and sheets.

"Can I help?"

The question caught me, I wasn't expecting him to offer any help, but it made me feel better about the situation. I nodded in the direction of the machines, "Just turn them on and I'll grab some IV drips and catheters".

Kakashi moved towards the monitors in hesitation, his hands fumbling around the machine for a power button. I chuckled at his obliviousness. "It's behind the monitors".

His body tensed at my command, evidently embarrassed at his lack of knowledge on the machinery. I pulled the bedding and pillows from the closet and tossed them onto the bed. The soft rhythmic beeping of the monitors filled the room.

"Now what?"

"Just wait".

Clasping my hands together, I released the byakugou seal. "Summon". Katsuyu appeared in a puff of smoke. "Hello Shiori".

"Hello, Katsuyu. How is he doing?"

"I managed to stabilize him, but he needs significant care and treatment. If you hadn't had used creation rebirth on him when you did he would have died".

I nodded, "Bring him".

In another puff, Itachi materialized on the bed. He looked better, all his minor cuts and bruises were dressed and cleaned, and his breathing equalized. "I can't thank you enough Katsuyu". My hand landed on her slick head, she gave a slight nod and disappeared.

I quickly worked around the room. Hanging up the IV drips. Running catheters, and placing the electrocardiogram and capnography patches onto his chest and back. My fingers trailed against his arm, his body was cold to the touch.

"I am here". The words unconsciously slipped from me, my fingers moving to his face brushing away a few strands of hair.

"He means a lot to you doesn't he". Kakashi murmured as he stepped up to the bedside.

"The world". I responded.

Suddenly the door flung open. The small meek girl stood at the entrance, a surprised look on her face. "I thought I heard someone in here. Evening ma'am why are you here so late?". Her eyes moved around the room, a slight blush dusting her face at the sight of Kakashi.

"I am taking care of a friend who was injured". I responded plainly.

Her eyes finally shifted away from Kakashi to Itachi. Chakra poured into my eyes activating the Sharingan.

"Shiori--"

My eyes flickered to his, his expression confused at my actions. Moving around the bed I made my way to Yuki. Grasping her, I pulled her face to mine forcing her to stare into my eyes. "Yuki. I need you to forget who you saw here. I wasn't here, Kakashi wasn't here, and no one is being treated in the backroom, understand?"

Her eyes glossed over, the light slowly disappearing from her as she fell under my jutsu. Her head shook up and down, signaling her comprehension. "Now, if anyone asks, what do you say?"

Her mouth opened, she spoke in a diluted tone, "No one was here, and no one is being treated in the backroom".

"Good. You have been home for the last few hours, understand?"

She shook her head. "Now go home".

I released her from my grip. Her body moved back in robotic motion, her hand reaching for the door closing it as she made her way down the hall.

"How?" Kakashi's asked breathlessly in his amazement.

"My mangekyo sharingan allows me to hypnotize people into doing what I want them to. I can also rewrite memories so that my imposition is more believable if need be".

"You're a mysterious one".

My head cocked to the side in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"For as long as I've known you, it seems I learn something new every time". His eye crinkled in a smile.

"I am going to do a blood panel. It might take a bit, so you can relax for now".

Pulling his arm out from under the sheet I inspected his arm for any visible veins. Reaching for a needle from the nearby tray table, piercing his skin in search of blood. Slowly pulling back on the syringe I measured out a decent amount of blood that would allow me to run a myriad of tests.

Setting the needle aside I concentrated all my chakra into my hands, pushing them against his chest. 'Flooding his system with powerful chakra isn't going to heal him. I need an actual diagnosis to manufacture a substantive treatment'.

I closed my eyes. 'Think Shiori... He is suffering from blindness, mainly caused by overuse of the sharingan. He also has extreme inflammation of the bronchial tubes. The muscles in his heart are deteriorating, making it hard for him to circulate blood through his system, and his small blood vessels also seem to be badly inflamed'.

"Itachi... What have you done..." A lump founds its way into the back of my throat again. 'He destroyed his body'.

"Did you figure out what's wrong?"

"He's sick. Almost all the systems in his body have been compromised.... I have to run the tests to be sure but... he's been killing himself for years".

"Will he be okay?"

"Honestly I can't answer that. Once I get a diagnosis and set up a treatment I can only hope that he responds well to them. Only time will tell". I stared into the sleeping man's face. Despite everything, he looked at peace. A wall of tears formed in the back of my eyes threatening to erupt and cascade down my face.

A hand gripped my shoulder, my head shot back to Kakashi, a single tear slipping down my face. "I know you can do it". Even if the words were sentimental it meant a lot to hear them out loud. I brushed the tear away grasping the syringe filled with blood.

"I'll be back" I whispered walking out the door.

My eyes scanned over the report, 'Microscopic polyangiitis, emphysema, and cardiomyopathy'. The trifecta. It's amazing he even made it this far. 'As suspected, all his internal systems were drastically affected'.

'I can use steroids, antibiotics, and bronchodilators to treat the polyangiitis and emphysema. Ablation and corticosteroids to help deal with the cardiomyopathy for now. Hopefully, after a few treatments, I'll know which direction to take'.

The medication storage and supply unit was dark and lonely this time of night. I stood under the single light in the room mixing the ingredients for the steroids, corticosteroids, bronchodilators, and antibiotics. I had to infuse all of the ingredients from scratch since all the dosages on hand were a lot lower than what I wanted to start Itachi's therapy.

One by one, I produced the capsules for each medication respectively. With all the drugs in hand, I made my way back to the west wing. After a few minutes of long hallways, I was back in the small tucked-away room. Kakashi was seated near the window, his head leaning back against the wall, his eye closed, his breathing still. I smiled at the silver-haired ninja, 'he fell asleep'.

I tiptoed to the gurney placing the medications on the tray table. I slipped onto the bed, my right leg folding beneath me as I moved closer. I placed my hand just under his nose, a soft puff of air hit my hand. I watched his chest move up and down in staggered huffs.

"Itachi, I need you to wake up". I picked up his free hand, lacing our fingers as I kissed the small blemishes left from the fight. He stirred. A gurgled sound emanated from deep within him. His body shifting in pain, I could see the slightest of winces and hear the softest of hisses. 'Even in his sleep, he refuses to show weakness'.

I leaned in, moving my left arm so I hovered above him. My right arm laid against the pillow parallel to his head. The tips of my fingers ghosted across his temples, running through his hair.

"Wake up please". I whispered, resting my forehead against his.

He stirred again, his eyes fluttering open. What I saw devastated me, his eyes were so dull and listless. I forced a smile, "Hello", I murmured. For an instant, his eyes sparkled at the sound of my voice.

"Shiori.."His voice was pained, but it held that kind of resonance that always made my heart beat out of my chest.

"I need you to take some medication. Can you sit up for me?"

He nodded.

Before I could move I was pulled in. The arm not attached to the catheter wrapped around me, reeling me in with a strength I didn't think he was capable of at this moment.

"You are the best thing to ever happen to me... I don't deserve you". Although he struggled with every word, the heart and affection he spoke with made my chest swell with pride.

Pivoting up, I grinned cupping his face, "I am the one who doesn't deserve you".

It took all that I had to pull myself from his embrace, but I didn't have a choice. Straightening up I reached the capsules on the tray, "I need you to take these". I spoke, setting the pills in his hands. He tossed the pills into his mouth, swallowing them without too much struggle.

My thumb rubbed against his hand, "Did you know it was this bad?"

His head turned, his way of refusing to answer.

"Answer me... You have been damaging your body, the illnesses you have are severe and long term. I need to know for how long".

"Since ANBU".

My eyes widened, my fists balling, "I could kill you... 10 years of this Itachi!? It's nothing short of a miracle that you've lasted this long".

A warm feeling engulfed my hand, "I am sorry". The apology shocked me, it was the last thing I expected. "I know. But what you did... what you are doing is causing you to die... I wouldn't know what to do with myself if you're gone". Hushed tears slid down my face.

"I am sorry for what I put you through all these years". His hand squeezed mine.

"I could never hate you for any of it. The things you did are the very reason why I love you. I just don't want you to risk your life like this anymore". I smiled. A calloused thumb whipped the stray tears away. A sweltering feeling returned to my chest. His eyes stared into mine with so much affection I thought I could suffocate from all the love.

"I have to conduct a small procedure on your heart, so I need you to lay back".

He laid back, his arms to his sides, his eyes lazily watching as I pushed his shirt over his chest. His fair skin was clear of any imperfections. Raising my right hand I channeled chakra blending lighting nature into it. I had to scar the tissue around his heart, this way incorrect electrical signals causing his abnormal heart rhythm can be alleviated.

The control for the electrical shocks had to be precise, both in timing and sureness. If they weren't I could very well end up killing him. With one hand securing his chest, an index and ring finger ran lightly against the muscles above his heart. "This will hurt, just bear with me".

He nodded.

With one deep breath, I pushed my fingers deep into him. He let out a loud groan. I let out small electrical pulses slowly sinching the muscles. He withered and shook under my touch, his head tossing back into the pillow.

"Just give me a few more minutes".

He groaned in response.

After a few agonizing more minutes I finished with the first session.

"Rest for now, I am going to do another session tomorrow". He gave another silent nod. I turned to the tray table and picked up a few more pills, handing them to him. "You're going to have take these often for the next few days understand".

"Yes, doctor". He replied faintly with a smile. As I turned back towards the door a hand wrapped tightly around my wrist. "You're not leaving are you?"

Looking over my shoulder I smiled, "I would never dream of it".

I slid onto the gurney, my head tucking against his torso. A sigh of relief exuded.

For that moment the world fell away. I had Itachi back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.9K 1K 36
"I have... always lied to you and asked for your forgiveness while keeping you at a distance. Because I wanted to keep you out of this. But now I thi...
106K 2.8K 42
Naruto has come back from training with Jiraiya-Sensei, for 2 and a half years when he notices things are different with Kakashi-Sensei, he can't qui...
26.9K 440 20
Trust me and read ♡︎ sorry i'm bad at writing descriptions ;( #1 in readerxsasuke #2 in ninjalove #2 in sasukeromance #4 in sasukefanfic #62 in sasuk...
6.9K 157 3
KakaIta short story. yaoi.slash.boyxboy.homosexual. If you don't like it, don't read it. FINISHED! Lemon in part three. -- "Just leave then," he w...