Dreams of Love (Love Live x M...

By Emraldknight

This is gonna be a collection of oneshots that I'll write between larger stories. I'll write oneshots for thi... More

Nozomi x Reader: Straightforward Love or Teasing?
Dia x Reader
Maki x Reader
Kanata x Reader: Cooking with Love
Kanan x Reader: Dive to Blue
Karin x Reader
Eli x Reader
Yohane x Reader
Setsuna x Reader
Honoka x Reader
Hanamaru x Reader
Shioriko x Reader
Kasumi x Reader
Umi x Reader
Emma x Reader
Rin x Reader
Yล x Reader
Hanayo x Reader
Chika x Reader
Mari x Reader
Ayumu x Reader
Nico x Reader
Rina x Reader
Kotori x Reader
Riko x Reader
Ruby x Reader
Ai x Reader
Yuu x Reader
Lanzhu x Reader
Mia x Reader
Kanon x Reader
Keke x Reader
Ren x Reader
Chisato x Reader
Sumire x Reader
Yohane x Reader
Mia x Reader
Ayumu x Reader
Umi x Reader
Eli x Reader
Nico x Reader
Yล x Reader

Shizuku x Reader

677 13 2
By Emraldknight

I opened the door to my room and fell onto it, staring at the ceiling. I'm in love with Shizuku Osaka who is a classmate of mine. She's incredible with how she is a school idol yet also a part of the theater club. The theater club is actually where I first met her. She's absolutely amazing. I want so much to tell her how I feel and I was gonna confess to her today, but I want the moment to be perfect. When something great happens, I'll tell her then. There's no need to rush.

I pull out a book and begin reading it again. After trying for so long, I finally got the theater club to perform a play on The Count of Monte Cristo, my favorite story of all time. I've read that book so many times and so since we were all deciding on roles, I tried so hard to get the role of The Count. I don't feel like normally I'd be able to get the lead role in anything, but with a character I have read the story of and pondered the meaning I may be able to act in the way that could earn me the role. We were told that we would find out our roles tomorrow so I just need to wait for me to find out my role tomorrow.

---------------------------------

As all of us in the theater club gathered up, the president pulled out a piece of paper and was about to tell us our roles. He pointed to people and told them their roles as well as telling them a brief description of that character. As I stood there, waiting for my name to be said, the president pointed to Shizuku and said "Shizuku, you'll be acting as Haydee." She's a slave that The Count buys due to her father being murdered by Fernand. He treats her with the utmost respect and she lives quietly at his estate. She loves the Count and at the end of the story they head off into the sunset to be married and live happily. This made me all the more hopeful that I get the role of The Count.

"Okay." said Shizuku.

Slowly, the president went through the names before pointing to me and said "Congrats Y/n. I could tell much enthusiasm and passion you had for this so you're going to be The Count. Prove to me that I made the right choice."

I had a huge smile on my face and said "I won't let you down."

We were then given our scripts and were told to go over them a bit. I read through my lines and mimed the actions to go alongside them.

Shizuku then approached me and said "Congratulations on getting the main role Y/n."

I replied "Thanks, I absolutely love this story so I'm gonna do the best I can."

I spoke to her a bit before club practice ended. I feel like that was a great moment and I could have confessed to her, but what if there's nothing about me she likes? I'm not particularly interesting, and I'm not exactly the most social... When I know for sure that she sees something like that in me, then I'll tell her how I feel. But I don't need to rush and find it.

------------------------

Today, Shizuku wasn't there but we went over things and talked about how we wanted to do things for the play. I offered to help the scenery department to come up with stuff and helped people get a better grasp of their roles. All of that, along with continuing my personal practices for my role has meant I haven't really had much rest today. I'll catch my breath for a minute, then I'll head home.

I sat there and watched people pass when someone came up to me and said "Hey Y/n. What happened at practice today."

I looked and saw that it was Shizuku. "Besides going over things we wanted to do for the play and starting preparations, nothing much." I answered

"I'm surprised that you aren't heading home yet." Shizuku commented.

"I've not really had much time for a break today so I'm catching my breath before I head home." I explained.

"Why haven't you had much time for a break?"

"I really want this to go well so I was helping people understand their roles and I helped the scenery department a bit when I wasn't practicing myself."

Shizuku smiled and said "It's great to see you so passionate about this. Make sure to get some good rest when you get home."

"Right. I'm sorry that you have to worry about me when you always do so much yourself..."

"Don't worry, I really appreciate how you're always helping out where you can so I just want to make sure you take care of yourself."

Me and Shizuku spoke for a bit until we both started heading home for the day. I feel like I at least know that she sees something that she likes about me and I said when I found something about that out I'd confess to her but I feel like it just wasn't the right time. When I feel like it's the perfect moment to confess, I'll do it for sure. But there's no need to rush.

-----------------------------

As practice ends, I leave the room like everyone else. However, I'm just going to grab a drink before I head back in and continue practicing by myself. I want to continue for just a little bit longer. I went and got myself a drink and sat down and began to drink it and noticed it was starting to rain. I don't remember seeing anything about it in the weather report this morning. It's a good thing I keep a compact umbrella in my shoe locker.

When I finished my drink, I returned and saw that Shizuku was there, practicing herself.

I smiled and said "I see you had the same plan."

"Yeah, I've been busy with idol practice lately and I don't feel like I've been practicing enough for the performance so I thought I'd stay a bit longer." Shizuku answered me.

"Well then, mind if I join you?" I asked her.

"Sure." Shizuku answered me.

We then practiced together, doing scenes that we share together until Shizuku checked the time and said "I should be heading home soon."

"Alright, I should get going soon too." I said.

We then walked to the entrance to the school and noticed that the rain was still going and seemed to be harder than before.

"I wish I would've known that it was gonna rain, I didn't bring an umbrella today." said Shizuku

I pulled out the compact umbrella and opened up before I said "Where are you going? We can walk there together."

"Thanks Y/n." said Shizuku

And so Shizuku joined me under the umbrella and we made smalltalk as we walked to her home.

Eventually we reached it and Shizuku turned to me and said "Thanks so much Y/n. It was good talking to you today."

As she said that, my mind screamed at me that this is the perfect moment to tell her how I feel, but all I said was "It was no problem."

Shizuku smiled and said "I'll see you at practice on Monday."

She then entered her home and I was left wondering, why didn't I tell her?

----------------------------------------

The Next Day...

I sit in my room, reading stuff on my phone trying to distract myself but I can't get yesterday out of my head. Why couldn't I confess to Shizuku? For a while now I've been trying to find the perfect moment and when I finally find it I don't say anything.

In the end, I put my phone down and decide to focus entirely on figuring out the answer.

"Why did I want the perfect moment?" I ask myself. I know why, it's because I feel like that moment would be memorable for both of us. But it just means that as much as I want to be with her I'm just waiting for what I feel is right.

In the end, I just said to myself that no matter what, I'm going to tell her how I feel tomorrow. No more waiting for the perfect moment.

-------------------------------------

The next day, as club practice was going to begin, I waited in front of the door so that I could talk to Shizuku.

Eventually, I saw Shizuku walking this way and I said "Hey, could I talk to you about something?"

"Sure, what is it?" She responded.

"Could I say it somewhere a bit more private?"

"Sure."

We then walked to a nearby hall that was unoccupied and I looked to Shizuku. I tried to say what I want to say, but the words refuse to come out, the seconds feeling like years. It was at that moment, I realized why I couldn't say it to her that day and the real reason I kept waiting for the perfect moment. I've been lying to myself, it's not so when I confess to her it is memorable, it was to put off saying something that could change my relationship with Shizuku. I was worried about what she'd say and what would happen if she said no. As I realize this, I take a deep breath and say to myself that I'll never find out her response if I don't bite the bullet and ask her.

"Shizuku, the thing is I'm in love with you. I"ve been in love with you for a while now and I've been too worried about your response to tell you. But I don't want to wait for the perfect moment, the perfect moment will be the moment I say this. Will you please be my girlfriend?"

Shizuku smiled and hugged me then said "I'd love to be your girlfriend. I love you too."

As we embraced each other, I thought to myself: "This is perfect"

----------------------------------------

A/n: Oneshots are back! This story is a fusion of an already existing idea I had as well as inspiration from a really cute analysis of the lyrics for a song. I was listening the Birthday Train, a song from Guilty Gear on Youtube and as I read the comments I saw a comment said:

This song is adorable. The singer is in love, but wants to wait for the "perfect opportunity" to ask the other person out. Everyday of the week, he makes an excuse for why he hasn't done it yet, and tells himself that he'll do it the next day for sure. Before he knows it, the whole week has gone by, and he realizes he doesn't have to wait for a special reason... before sliding back to "eh, I'll wait for their birthday."

I found that idea amazing and wanted to use it as inspiration for a story.  I love that song and I hope you all love this story.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

204K 4.2K 23
like my haikyuu!! one-shots but for prettier and more gay boys + a different anime. ๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿ’ฆ requests; closed >_< i write fluff, angst, headcanon...
77.7K 1.4K 64
HQ!! x Reader --Oneshots-- Where as (y/n)-you-are paired with many and most HQ!! guys, and girls if you want, just ask in the comments. The scenari...
3.8K 143 21
Just a collection of short Bungou Stray Dogs stories, hope you like it! I use random first names to replace the reader's, but you can read by replaci...