Getting it Right

By TMSaunders

SWEARING AND SEXUAL CONTENT ADVISED. A story of mixed emotions, love, and romance. A love tested to the extr... More

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME
BRUISED EGO
ACCIDENTS WILL HAPPEN
SURPRISED
REUNION
NOT ME
THIS IS NOT HAPPENING
GETTING EVEN
WORDS ARE LOUD
NOT AGAIN
TOO CLOSE
GOING ALL THE WAY
TRUST
PIECES
NOT GOING TO PLAN
ELEVATOR CHAOS
UNDER SIEGE
RECOVERY
THE KISS
TWO WEEKS OF SUN
PAYING THE PRICE
THE EYES SAY IT ALL
THE RIGHT REASON
BIRTHDAY
PLEADING
GONE TOO FAR
WRONG WORDS
WEDDING
BEING THERE
GETTING IT RIGHT
UNBEARABLE
BOOK THREE
First chapter from book three

AFTER THE PARTY

993 55 6
By TMSaunders

A R C H E R P O V

Woke this morning with an enormous hangover. Lift my head to view Aston tangle up with a girl on the sofa. He's laid on his front naked, and so is the girl. 

Rubbed my face, trying to recall what transpired last night. Did I really drink that much? I only wanted to have a couple to celebrate my divorce. 

Yes, I'm a free man. Finally, it took four months to finalise. Mind you, she got an agreeable settlement with which my parents were unhappy.

Rolled on my back having a bottle knock me in the head. Picked up the bottle to realise it's from my wine cellar. Oh, please no. 

Fucking thousand pound a pop. Closed my eyes for a few seconds when a girl throws her arm over my naked body. 

Fling my eyes open as I glanced to the side. Two of them. I'm shocked and surprised. Sit on the edge of the bed. Rub my face repeatedly. Glanced towards Aston, who lifts his head.

He moans. "My head." He says and places it on the girl. "Your head. Mine's pounding." I say while advancing to the bathroom. "Mum and Dad will be pissed, we should've been there hours ago for the anniversary party." I shoot him an expression. 

"Aston, why didn't you remind me?" "You were too busy fucking a girl. And told me to fuck off bluntly." Stepped in the shower to have a quick one.

Didn't have time to muck around. Aston just lays there, not moving. "Aston, get up," I shout at him. "Hey, little brother, give me a break. Sasha will keep them amused until we get there." 

Shake my head. "No, she won't. She'll tell them the truth. She won't lie for anyone. I've asked her before to lie to Ellie and she wouldn't. I even bribed her with money and she still wouldn't." Put my suit on and wake all the girls telling them to leave.

***

We're in the limo on the way to our parents. Put my sunglasses on, so does my brother. "What a fucking party. We haven't done that in a while." He says. "I can't even remember half of last night after drinking a few bottles." We laughed. 

The limo pulled up to the house. We slide from the car, not saying anything as we stroll the door. The maid opens it, greeting us with a smile as we step into the expansive hallway. 

We could hear people talking and music playing.

Glanced at each other, take our sunglasses from our eyes strolled to the pool at the back of the house where people are enjoying themselves. 

My father glances at us and shakes his head. Mother steps over to us. "Did you party a little too hard, boys?" She laughs and saunters away. 

"I told you she'd tell them the truth." Aston smiles at me. "Okay, and where is she?" "Hopefully hiding from me." He rolls his eyes and ambles over to our father.

Glanced around hoping to glimpse Sasha, but I couldn't find her as I strolled over to mum. "Where is the snitch?" I ask my mother, who's got an amused smirk and isn't going unnoticed. 

"You mean Sasha." My mother knew precisely who I meant. "Sasha contacted early this morning informing us you'd be late and told me what you got up to last night." I smiled at my mother as I slide my sunglasses on to hide my hangover. 

"And where is she?" "Did she not contact you?" Shake my head.

My mother became quiet, which is highly unusual for her. "Mum, what are you not telling me?" She is still quiet, she glances over to my father, who shakes his head. 

"What the fuck is going on?" I'm angry that she's not saying anything. "Archer, wait for her to contact you." My mother steps away from me.

It's been four months since her suspension, she's heading for another. Moved closer to Aston. "I asked mum where Sasha is, and she wouldn't tell me." He stands in front of me with his hands in his trouser pockets. 

"Ring her if you're that concerned." Shake my head. "Archer, ever since we got back from the reunion, you've been acting strange towards Sasha. Not speaking to her or even asking her to the meetings. You attend meetings with a secretary who doesn't know shit." Take my glasses off, gawk at him.

Confused with what he said. "She was busy filing all the reports for the quarter." He shoots me an eye. "Really, even at the staff party, which she never showed. But I guess you didn't realise because Britney was there." 

"Hang on a minute. It's her choice if she wants to come to the staff party, not mine." He shakes his head. "Did you attend court with her over this Sarge thing?" Stepped back from him.

He stares at me. "She hasn't been to court yet." He smirks. "Archer, she went last week when you were with Britney all day. Have you seen her at all this week?" Shake my head. 

"No, I haven't." I'm confused thinking why I've not seen her or heard from her.

Stepped over to my mother. "Mum, please tell me where Sasha is?" She shakes her head.

"Archer, all I can say is you need to find another secretary. None of you will be seeing Sasha. She's gone. She was ordered to leave with what Sarge did. She can't work for you because he works for you and he's got a restraining order against her." 

"You fucking what," I scream, not believing what I'm hearing. It strangely went quiet. Aston steps over after hearing me yell.

Glanced at Aston not knowing what the fuck is taking place. "Well, found out, Sasha's not allowed near the building. Sarge got a restraining order against her. I fucking thought the lawyers sorted the mess." I rant with anger. 

My father steps over. "Archer, they kept her from going to prison for what she did to him. But from what I heard, he's a snivelling ass licker. The lawyer settled with a sum of half a million." 

"Half a fucking million. All Sasha did was catch him in bed with a woman, and her reaction is the same as any person." I'm now defending her actions, but she's justified with a reaction anyone would have.

My father places his hands on each of my shoulders. "I know she's justified in her actions, but the court never perceived it that way. They looked at her anger issues. She tried to ring you, but you never answered your phone. After all, she's just your secretary." My mother slaps him. 

"She's not just a secretary." She spits at him, he smiles, pulls my mother tight to him. "I'm sorry, babe, it didn't come out right." She rolls her eyes.

Glanced around at my brother, wondering how the hell I can rectify this problem. "He'll not get away with this." "Archer, if I didn't know any better, I'd say you're angry." 

"Too fucking right, I'm angry." I spit. He shrugs his shoulders. "I should've let Sasha kill him." I say, and Aston laughs at me. 

"And she'd been done for murder. Did you forget I held her back, and you did? She's a handful, and any guy would feel intimidated. But she's sexy." I slap his back and we laugh.

My father smiles at my mother. "Archer, that's how I met your mother. The hottest secretary I'd laid my eyes on. The nicknames we gave her. Cockteaser." 

"Dad, please we really don't want to know. That's just too much." I say, and Aston screws his face up as I do. "Boys. You don't differ from me. I'd party hard until I met your mother, and that all changed. Your mother hated me throwing insults to hurt my ego, causing me to barge into my father's office and demand him to fire your mother. We hated each other. And she took a job on the other side of the world when I fucked up big time. I needed her, so I left and flew halfway around the world to grovel. Pleaded with her to come back home with me, but she didn't. I returned home with a broken heart." My mother hugs my father.

He gazes deep into her eyes, showing a smile my mother would only know. "She returned a few months later and my father was a diabetic, and collapsed on his desk; your mother called me. I was shocked to notice her plus I'd been seeing a girl who was with me when entering his office. We'd only been together for two weeks. I helped your mother lay my father on the floor and gave him something sweet to help. I gazed at your mother and I needed to tell her I was in love with her. She didn't say a word but stepped to the door to leave. She tells me she loved me with her back to me. Turned her around gazed deep into her eyes and told her again and she told me. We married and you two were born." Glanced at my parents to discover how much they're in love.

They'd never told us how they met. "I'm glad you met, or we wouldn't be here." They stare at me. "I'm wrong in simply saying she's a secretary. If you don't have an excellent secretary, things go to shit. I know I've been there. Just be careful with Sarge." Nod at my parents and we join the celebration.

My father gave me some advice, well I guess he did. Aston gets a drink and passes me a glass, we clink and down it. 

That's not helping my hangover. My brother and I leave when it's late. He head back to his, and I headed to the penthouse.

************

WOULD LIKE TO READ YOUR COMMENTS 

THANK YOU FOR READING

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103 6 9
Anna-A bubbly person with just the right amount of Sass has been living her life in her care free way after her parents' death . The tragic incident...
268K 9.6K 67
" what?" He snapped at me as he caught me staring at him "So-sorry sir i-i was zoned out" I stuttered god he is really handsome but rude aghhhh "Hav...
137 0 50
Breathe in. Breathe out. Repeat. I could hear my heart thumping, my stomach sinking, my legs weak at your sight. It's been nearly three years since I...
449 20 27
Sasha had the perfect life for a 24 year old, in a committed relationship for 2 years, stable job and an amazing apartment. Life was going good until...