Moon and Stars || James Potte...

By RaissaGonzalez1

a story of a girl who is friends with four troublemakers || credit to whoever made the cover illustration, I... More

characters
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28

24

70 3 0
By RaissaGonzalez1

Celeste jumps up in bed, startled by a long groan coming from her dorm mate, Priscilla. The blonde sits up in her bed and looks over at Priscilla, furrowing her eyebrows at the annoyed girl.

"What's wrong?"

"Keep your cat off of my things, how much times do I have to tell you this?" Priscilla throws the cat onto Celeste's bed.

"Are you kidding me, yeh woke me up for this ? Salem is an animal, I don't think she knows what she's doing."

Celeste watches her pace around the room, collecting her things for a day of studying. She turns to Celeste and glares at her.

"Keep your bloody cat off of my things, that's the last time I'm going to say it." She snaps before she slams the door behind her.

Celeste jumps at the sound and stares at the door, baffled with what had just happened. It was the first time that Priscilla has ever spoken to her like that in the years that they have shared a dormitory. She has warned the girl at least twice, but Celeste is unable to control the feline whilst she is asleep.

"Yeh really need to stop getting on Priscilla's bed." Celeste tells Salem who lays herself on the girls chest. "Yeh can lay on Leanna's bed all yeh want, but Priscilla's' bed is off limits. Do yeh understand me?"

Salem meows, rubbing her head against Celeste's chin. "I'm not sure if yeh understand me or not."

"Who are you talking to?" Leanna asks, walking out of the washroom with a towel in hand.

Celeste lets out a defeated sigh, placing her cat onto her bed and gets up, "my cat."

She begins to explain to Leanna what had just happened as she goes into the washroom to get ready for the day. She washes her face and brushes her teeth, looking over for a moment to see the brunette with a concerned expression. "What is that look for?"

"I'm assuming Salem thinks Priscilla's bed is my bed. I caught her laying on one of my sweaters the other day." Leanna tells her, watching as Celeste walks out of the washroom to get dressed. "That cat knows what she's doing honestly."

The blonde lets out a laugh, scratching the back of her neck, "that makes a lot of sense actually."

Celeste pulls on a red and black t-shirt tucked into high waisted trousers with a black belt around her waist. She moves back to the washroom to put on very light makeup and puts her hair into two braids. She puts a beanie on her head.

"Gryffindor colors, are you going to the Quidditch match?"

"Yeah, I promised James I would." She tells her friend as she ties up her sneakers and rummages through her trunk trying to find a sweater among all of her clothes.

"Ah-ha." Celeste pulls out a light gray cardigan that is far too over-sized on her and puts it on. Leanna makes a face at the blonde, but she doesn't say anything to her, "spit it out, Doxon."

"You're going to Quidditch matches now? It seems like you and James are a thing."

"That's absurd, he asked so I said I would."

"And what makes this different from all the other times he's asked you to go to his matches?" She asks as they exit the dormitory and make their way to breakfast. Everywhere you looked, there are students dressed in green or red, the Hufflepuff and Ravenclaws showing their support to the houses who are playing.

"I dunno, this time just felt right." Celeste tells Leanna, shrugging her shoulders the slightest bit.

"All I'm saying is that you two are opposites and-"

Celeste cuts the girl off with a laugh, "Opposites? What makes yeh think that we're opposites?"

"I dunno- it's obvious, no?" Celeste looks over at the brunette, waiting for her to explain. "Um, well how do I put this nicely, he's dark and you're light."

"What?"

"He wears black and leather jackets, you wear the brightest colors I've ever seen, and you wear dresses and skirts. You spend your time looking at plants, the stars and doing your homework. He spends his time playing pranks others and laughs about it, he smokes cigarettes, and he's a jock." Leanna tells her, emphasizing the last word.

Celeste lets out a chuckle, the girls stopping outside of the Great Hall to finish their conversation.

"He's a jock, that's the best that yeh've got? There are plenty of guys who are jocks and they are good people. James is a good person, and he's my friend." She tells the brunette, causing the girl to purse her lips. "We get along great despite being opposites, but that doesn't mean that we won't get along if we potentially got into a relationship."

Celeste turns and enters the Great Hall, leaving Leanna where she was moments before. Leanna is stood in her spot, baffled with the blonde. She clears her throat, and jogs after Celeste, "wait."

The blonde greets her friends who are already sat, eating their breakfast. Leanna sits with a huff, glaring at Celeste who smirks at the girl.

"Is that my cardigan, I've been looking for it for ages!" Remus says as Celeste sits at the table. "I'll have no more clothes by the time we leave for the holiday."

She grabs eggs and toast, putting it onto her plate, "fine, I'll just begin stealing Sirius' clothes."

"Oooo, people will think you're my girlfriend." Sirius comments, extending the word playfully, wiggling his eyebrows at the girl.

Celeste barks out a laugh, shaking her head at her friend, "yeh wish I was yer girlfriend, Black."

"What's wrong with you?" Peter asks, looking over to James who now has an annoyed expression on his face.

Remus laughs at the younger boy, "he's jealous."

James scoffs louder than he intended, shaking his head, "jealous of what?"

"It's obvious isn't it? You don't like the idea of me and Everett dating," Sirius wraps his arm around her shoulder, bringing Celeste into his body. The blonde scrunches up her nose, not liking the physical touch. "You're not liking the idea of our little snowflake dating anyone but you."

"That's absurd." He says through a mouthful of food.

"Whatever you say, buddy." Remus mutters, getting up from his seat with a piece of toast in his hand.

James crosses his arms over his chest, grumbling to himself as the group finishes up their breakfast to go to the quidditch match.

He wouldn't say he is jealous per say, but Sirius is right, James hated the idea of Celeste dating anybody but him.

As the group makes their way to the Quidditch pitch, Celeste spots Regulus and calls out to him as he is walking to the changing rooms with two of his teammates, Dunstan Sangster and Euan Evermonde. The girl jogs over to Regulus, a smile on her face when she gets closer to her friend. His friends slightly sneer at the Gryffindor's.

"What's up, Everett?" He turns to his friends, "go ahead to the changing rooms- meet you there."

They ignore him and continue to sneer at Celeste, Sirius joins and sneers back at them. The Slytherins walk away grumbling when Regulus turns and shoos them away. "Anyhow, what's up, short stack?"

Regulus moves his hand to ruffle the girl's hair, but she scrunches up her nose and swats it away. "I just wanted to say good luck-"

"Really-" Celeste glares at Sirius and nudges him in the ribs forcefully. "Ouch- right, good luck."

"Good luck, Reg. I'll see yeh later." She gives him a quick hug and smiles at him once again before continuing her way to the Quidditch pitch.

Remus, Celeste and Peter split from James and Sirius who make their way to the changing rooms to get ready for their match. The three squeeze through students in the stands and try to find an empty spot. They sweep the snow off of their seat and make themselves comfortable, waiting for the match to start.

It is just how Celeste had remembered from the last time she had been in those stands in her second year. Everywhere you looked the Hogwarts students are holding posters in their hands cheering on one of the two teams. They are loudly chatting, most of them are pulling their scarves further up their faces to deflect the cold.

About two minutes later, the commentator begins introducing the people on each team.

"Introducing the Slytherin's we have Lucinda Talkalot, Ansel Quick and Godiva Fowler as the chasers, beaters Dunstan Sangster and Alban Seward, Euan Evermonde as the keeper, and Regulus Black as the seeker!" The commentator pauses for dramatic effect as the crowd begins to applaud. "Next up we have the Gryffindor team, chasers Geoffrey Fawley, John Bell and James Potter, beaters Arthur Browne and Sirius Black, Alexis Marie as the keeper, and seeker Phoebe Dawson!"

"I can't see!" She complains as the person in front of her is taller than her by a whole foot. She stands on top of her seat, being about the same height as Remus now.

"How does it feel to be short?"

"Shut up, yeh giant." She huffs, holding onto his shoulder as she stands on the tips of her toes to see a bit more.

"Hey, I'm shorter than Remus." Peter complains, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Yer still taller than me, yeh don't have a valid reason." Celeste tells the boy, looking over at him for a moment. "Woo, go James!" She cheers, clapping her hands.

"The bludgers and the snitch has been released! The quaffle has been thrown, the game has begun!" He yells into the microphone, the Hogwarts students erupts into excited shouting.

"There goes Geoffrey Fawley taking the quaffle- Alban Seward hits the bludger at him, he nearly hits Fawley off his broom. He throws the quaffle to Potter, he throws it to John Bell- a save from Euan Evermonde!" The commentator who Celeste can't quite see yells out. Celeste can see the tiniest bit over the boy in front of her, but just about. She and Remus switch spots really quick as the Gryffindor's begin booing.

"Godiva Fowler scores, ten points to Slytherin! Potter takes the quaffle-"

Celeste ducks as the seeker Phoebe Dawson zooms atop of them, apologizing loudly as she does so. "Dunstan Stangster takes the quaffle from Potter, he gets knocked off his broom by Black! Bell takes the quaffle and he scores, ten points to Gryffindor!"

The Gryffindors begin to cheer, the Slytherin's groan, not liking the tie. "Lucinda Talksalot takes the quaffle, she passes it to Fowler- Fawley intercepts the quaffle-"

Celeste grips onto Remus' arm, flinching as a bludger misses James by an inch. "Potter almost gets knocked off his broom- he throws the quaffle back to Fawley, ten points to Gryffindor! Ansel Quick takes the quaffle, he dodges a bludger from Arthur Browne. Gryffindor keeper, Alexis Marie catches the quaffle and throws it to Bell who passes it to Potter!"

"Remus, look!" Celeste points to Regulus and Phoebe who are trying to knock each other off of their brooms to catch the snitch first.

"Ten points to Gryffinor, the score is now thirty to ten. Quick tries to take the quaffle from Fawley, but gets knocked off his broom by Browne! Fawley passes the quaffle to Potter and another point for Gryffinor, they're on fire!"

The Gryffindors begin to cheer, watching as James turns to the crowd for a second to find his friends. He smiles widely, his eyes landing on Celeste, winking at her playfully for a moment before turning his attention to the match.

"Talkalot scores, the score is now forty to twenty! Would you look at that, Potter scores at the same time as Dawson catches the golden snitch! Gryffindor wins with two hundred points!"

The Gryffindors cheer, hugging each other excitedly for their victory. As the students begin to file out of the stands, Celeste grabs her two friends arms and drags them down to the grounds.

She looks around on the tips of her toes, trying to find James and Sirius. She squeals the moment she sees the bespectacled boy with a broomstick in hand and runs towards him excitedly. She crashes into his body, almost knocking them both to the ground. James wraps his free arm around her waist to steady themselves.

Celeste takes his face in her hands and kisses him, taking the boy by surprise, not caring that he is a bit sweaty. She also didn't care that their friends are watching, at that moment it is only her and James.

"Hello to you too, Everett. What was that for?"

"I've been wanting to do that since we shared our first kiss the night we went home for holiday." She shares, her eyes wide from excitement

James smiles widely at the girl, taking her face in his hands and kisses her once again, but a bit longer. "Go on a date with me."

"Huh?"

"Go on a date with me- tomorrow, I'll set it all up." He tells her, earning a nod from her, a smile on her face.

"Okay- yeah, let's do it."

James wraps an arm around her waist and spins her around excitedly, his broomstick still in his opposite arm. She squeals, wrapping her arms around his neck. "How does 3 on top of the astronomy tower sound?"

Celeste nods once again, "sounds perfect, I'll meet yeh there."

"I'm going to shower and put my uniform and broom away. I'll meet you in the common room, yeah?" He kisses her on the forehead, leaving her with red cheeks and a soft smile on her face.

She turns in her spot, and lets out a yelp when Remus and Peter are standing in front of her with their arms crossed over their chest. She sighs and puts her hand on her chest, catching her breath for a moment after the scare, "yer still here? I thought yeh went to the back to yer common room."

"Nope, still here." Peter mumbles, beginning to walk back to the castle.

"Yeh couldn't go without me?" Celeste asks, furrowing her eyebrows in confusion.

Remus shakes his head, "Didn't want you walking back by yourself."

"I would have been fine, I have me wand." She tells the boys, pulling her wand from her- Remus' jacket pocket.

"I dunno, I don't trust anybody after you know what." Remus mumbles, scratching the back of his neck.

"We're just trying to protect you." Peter tells her, softly smiling at her. Ever since the incident, Peter has been trying his best to be less cold to Celeste.

The three pause in their spots when Leanna comes running to them. "Did you hear?"

"Hear what?" Peter asks, the four walking to the Gryffindor common room.

"Thompson got demoted from prefect!"

"Please explain."

"Uh, news sort of got around about you know what," Leanna starts off awkwardly as Celeste's head snaps over to look at her. "someone told McGonagall, dunno who but she demoted him. He's not allowed to become head boy or participate in school activities."

"Serves him right." Remus says, the group now climbing the many stairs of the school.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50 1 11
The life of James Potters twins sister Eleanor Potter. From friendships to relationships they were always there for each other, even when Eleanor beg...
31.9K 789 43
Thank you to @lady_ravenclaw for this cover and more. A Percy Jackson-Marauders fandoms mix.
7.9K 637 34
**COMPLETED** Cover made by @siriusblackisgreat ⚠️DISCLAIMER⚠️: All original characters owned by J.K. Rowling. The only thing I own is the plot. Set...
126K 2.2K 34
𝐏𝐥𝐮𝐯𝐢𝐨𝐩𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐞 - a lover of rain; finding joy and peace when it rains In which four boys who call themselves the Marauders, prank the wrong p...