24

Celeste jumps up in bed, startled by a long groan coming from her dorm mate, Priscilla. The blonde sits up in her bed and looks over at Priscilla, furrowing her eyebrows at the annoyed girl.

"What's wrong?"

"Keep your cat off of my things, how much times do I have to tell you this?" Priscilla throws the cat onto Celeste's bed.

"Are you kidding me, yeh woke me up for this ? Salem is an animal, I don't think she knows what she's doing."

Celeste watches her pace around the room, collecting her things for a day of studying. She turns to Celeste and glares at her.

"Keep your bloody cat off of my things, that's the last time I'm going to say it." She snaps before she slams the door behind her.

Celeste jumps at the sound and stares at the door, baffled with what had just happened. It was the first time that Priscilla has ever spoken to her like that in the years that they have shared a dormitory. She has warned the girl at least twice, but Celeste is unable to control the feline whilst she is asleep.

"Yeh really need to stop getting on Priscilla's bed." Celeste tells Salem who lays herself on the girls chest. "Yeh can lay on Leanna's bed all yeh want, but Priscilla's' bed is off limits. Do yeh understand me?"

Salem meows, rubbing her head against Celeste's chin. "I'm not sure if yeh understand me or not."

"Who are you talking to?" Leanna asks, walking out of the washroom with a towel in hand.

Celeste lets out a defeated sigh, placing her cat onto her bed and gets up, "my cat."

She begins to explain to Leanna what had just happened as she goes into the washroom to get ready for the day. She washes her face and brushes her teeth, looking over for a moment to see the brunette with a concerned expression. "What is that look for?"

"I'm assuming Salem thinks Priscilla's bed is my bed. I caught her laying on one of my sweaters the other day." Leanna tells her, watching as Celeste walks out of the washroom to get dressed. "That cat knows what she's doing honestly."

The blonde lets out a laugh, scratching the back of her neck, "that makes a lot of sense actually."

Celeste pulls on a red and black t-shirt tucked into high waisted trousers with a black belt around her waist. She moves back to the washroom to put on very light makeup and puts her hair into two braids. She puts a beanie on her head.

"Gryffindor colors, are you going to the Quidditch match?"

"Yeah, I promised James I would." She tells her friend as she ties up her sneakers and rummages through her trunk trying to find a sweater among all of her clothes.

"Ah-ha." Celeste pulls out a light gray cardigan that is far too over-sized on her and puts it on. Leanna makes a face at the blonde, but she doesn't say anything to her, "spit it out, Doxon."

"You're going to Quidditch matches now? It seems like you and James are a thing."

"That's absurd, he asked so I said I would."

"And what makes this different from all the other times he's asked you to go to his matches?" She asks as they exit the dormitory and make their way to breakfast. Everywhere you looked, there are students dressed in green or red, the Hufflepuff and Ravenclaws showing their support to the houses who are playing.

"I dunno, this time just felt right." Celeste tells Leanna, shrugging her shoulders the slightest bit.

"All I'm saying is that you two are opposites and-"