10

It is Quidditch season and James Potter couldn't be any more excited. The boy is a chaser while his best mate is the beater, working alongside him. Now and then when the game is getting boring for Sirius, he would zoom by players and hit them with his beaters bat. It always gave the Gryffindor team an advantage as it distracted the opposing team.

Quidditch is all James and Sirius could talk about, they would force their friends to go to all of their practices and games. Remus only went to their games and at times, he'd go to their practices because he is a supportive friend, and if he didn't go, the two boys would keep bugging him. That didn't stop Remus from bringing his homework along with him and work on it while the boys flew around on their brooms.

Celeste is a different story, she didn't like quidditch, unlike her friends. She never found it interesting, but she could fly a broom pretty well. She loved to hear the stories that Sirius would tell her when they got back from practice, but it never stopped James from asking if she would go to their games to cheer them on. The girl in their second year went to all of their games and would cheer the boys on in the stands with Remus and Peter but she stopped in their third year.

"You're coming to our game right?" James asks Celeste, the two walking to the Great Hall for breakfast. Celeste awkwardly looks elsewhere and scratches the back of her neck. "What, you're not coming? Cel, you have to- it's the first game of the year!"

Celeste lets out a sigh and looks over at the boy as she sweeps her hair out of her face.

"Yeh know I don't like Quidditch, James. I will always be here to listen to yer stories about the game after though." She smiles at him as they sit at the Gryffindor table with their friends. On one side of the table sat Lily, Dorcas, Peter, and Alice and on the other is Sirius and Remus who are joined by Celeste and James.

"That is not fair, Remus and Peter both go- I even bet Lily is going too!"

Lily stops her conversation with Dorcas and Alice and looks over at the pair, "What will I be going to?"

"To the Quidditch game." Celeste answers which earns a snicker from Lily and a hurt expression from the jocks.

"Hard pass- I have to study for the test on Transfiguration on Monday," Lily informs, earning a roll of the eyes from the two boys. "I'm sure Cel would rather study than go watch that barbaric game the two of you play."

Dorcas furrows her eyebrows and jumps into the conversation, "Barbaric? That is not barbaric, it is fun and I wish that I could've been on the team this year. I'll be there, Potter." Sirius cheers and tries to give the girl a high five and she quickly denies, scrunching up her nose at the boy. "As if, Black."

"Now I feel attacked." Sirius acts hurt and places his hand over his heart.

Celeste rolls her eyes at the boy and pops two slices of raspberries into her mouth. "It's not that I don't want to go but I can't go." The girl pauses and begins to laugh to herself, she shakes her head slightly, finding herself rather amusing. "Actually, I don't want to go and I can't go."

The girl rolls her eyes at her dramatic friends once again as they look at her with a surprised expression at what she had just said.

Remus is the first to question the girl, "And what are you doing that is so important that you miss your best mates, plural, Quidditch game?"

Next is Peter but he doesn't say anything, instead the mousy boy stands up and walks away to the Hufflepuff table. The friends stared at Peter, slightly shocked.

"Does he hate me or something?" Celeste asks, watching the boy as he sits with Leanna.

"Of course not."