15

The full moon is approaching and it has Remus dragging himself around due to his lack of energy. He hated full moons. Although he didn't approve, his friends always joined and made it bearable.

The boy hated what he is- a monster, that's what he told himself at least. He got plenty of stares in the corridor from random students which made him feel like an outsider.

The students knew of the scars on his body, but how he got them was the big mystery. He ignored the whispers from his classmates as he went throughout his day. His friends would speak louder to drown out the whispering and if that failed, they'd lead the boy to another location.

"You look horrible," Sirius comments as Remus takes a seat at the Gryffindor table. James slaps the back of Sirius' head, knowing Celeste would do it if she were there with them.

Remus lifts his head from the table and glares at his friend. "Thanks, that's just what I wanted to hear at this moment."

"You can't say things like that, Sirius. You know it's his time of the month." James tells Sirius, slightly sniggering at his wording.

Sirius loudly laughs, earning a roll of the eyes from Remus as he finds his friends unamusing. "If you say one more pun I'll personally kill you with my bare hands."

"Oh looks like Mr. moony is going to result in his muggle side when it comes to violence."

"Would you shut up? I'm not in the mood." Remus snaps, getting up from his seat and he storms away from his friends.

James and Sirius looked at each other and share a concerned expression. Sometimes they take things too far and don't think of the consequences of their actions.

The boys gather their things along with a plate of food, and they quickly follow the werewolf out of the Great Hall.

"Remus, wait!" James calls after the boy who doesn't slow his pace. "We're sorry!"

"We're sorry, we're idiots!"

Remus stops in his spot and turns to the two boys, "I didn't quite hear that, what did you say?"

"We're sorry," Sirius repeats, raising his eyebrow at the boy. Remus shakes his head and taps his finger against his chin as if he is thinking for a moment.

"No, no- after that."

"We're idiots?"

"Bingo, yes you are! Ha!" Remus laughs to himself and turns once again, making his way to the library to do some studying.

James and Sirius looked at each other surprised, but follow their friend anyway.

|||

"Rem, you need to eat. If you don't then you'll be too weak for your transformation tonight." James tells his friend, passing him a plate of food.

Remus shakes his head, but Peter passes the boy a strawberry. James and Sirius raise their eyebrow at the mousy boy but he just shrugs.

"Something is better than nothing."

"Fair point," Sirius mumbles, sliding a bowl of fruits to the fatigued werewolf.

"I'm not hungry, leave me alone!" Remus snaps, laying his head against the table.

James rubs Remus' back softly, doing his best to ease the tension in the taller boys back. "Come on, Rem. I know you're not in the best mood and you're about to be in the worst pain in a few hours, but eating will help you feel less shitty in the morning."