Alpha's Hunt

By Jvweez

A Cursed Alpha. A Made Omega. A Deadly Game. .෴. Every ten yea... More

Hello!
01 Prologue
02. Attack of the walnuts
03. Witches rattle me
04. Truly Ironic
05. It's all downhill from here
06. Blackmailing is my past time
07. Unpaid Job
08. The missing piece
09. By hook or by crook
10. Drunken Balls
11. I'm a dead girl anyways
13. The Hunt begins
14. Laws of curiosity
15. The witch from Snow White
16. Ape tendencies
17. Dance in the rain
18. The shortest route
19. You should brush your teeth
Aesthetic!
20. The first lodge
More Aesthetics!
21. Same mistakes
22. He's Lucky
23. All paid
24. My partner
I swear this is important!
25. The Beast
26. Eclipse Born
27. Mind Readers
28. Werewolf Crazy
29. Spellbound
30. Better a bitch than a whore
31. Crazy Ex
32. I really hate weeds
33. When I open my eyes
34. Sloth in a race
35. Not like others
36. My dearest moralist
37. What we always do
38. In the end
39. The most lethal one
40. Forget manners
41. Bullet through my heart
42. Say something
43. Let's pretend
44. Bullet through my head
45. My Luna
46. A bad decision
46.5 Wait for me
NEW: 47. Workaholic
48. Set in his ways
NEW. 49. Have we met before
NEW. 50. Mrs. Winters
NEW. 51. Stink of the mate bond
NEW. 52. Someone I love
NEW. 53. Royal carriage
NEW. 54. Hallucinating effects
NEW. 55. Hasta La Vista
NEW. 56. Too many books
NEW. 57. No matter the cost
NEW. 58. Toilet Plunger
NEW. 59. Newly found Luna
NEW. 60. Alpha Bitch
NEW. 61. In honor and blood
NEW. 62. Crazy Bitch
NEW. 63. Chase
NEW. 64. I hate you
Epilogue
Spin-off, and In case the book stops showing!

12. Unexpected

26.4K 1.1K 121
By Jvweez

Hello my amazing reader! Sorry for my irregular updating schedule 😅 I'm really busy these days. Anyways, enjoy!

12. Unexpected

When I leave the meeting room, Carlos takes me back to where I was originally supposed to be— my room.

While we go, I tell Carlos about what I did.

“Brilliant plan,” Carlos mutters quietly “So, what now?”

“Honestly, I never thought I’d make it this far,” I mutter back

“What?” he gives me an alarmed look “So you just decided to move out without knowing what you actually intend to do?”

My mind goes back to the plan I thought of when I was in the meeting room. But… all of that feels so far away, so unreal

“I wont need a plan if I end up dead.” I say quietly

We stop in front of my room— well, Luke’s room. Mine is inside it.

“Elise, listen to me,” Carlos says, putting his hands on my shoulders “If anyone is capable of pulling this off, its you.”

I roll my eyes “Really?”

“Yes, really.” He grins at me “You’re the only werewolf who can blackmail her Alpha, Luna and Alpha-to-be to do what you want to. You’re the only omega who can look a higher rank in the eye. You’re the only one who’s reckless enough to sneak into the Crescent moon ball. You can do this, I know you can.”

Tears brim in my eyes and I sniffle, offering him a wobbly smile.

“You amazing moron!” I throw my arms around his neck “You’re the best buddy I could ever ask for!”

Carlos laughs as he hugs me back “Elise, are you crying?”

“I’m not crying!” I defend myself “My eyes are sweating!”

I pull away and wipe my eye-sweat before giving him the classic Elise-got-this smile.

Carlos leaves me in my room. Now that the ceremony is over, everyone has to go back to Minneapolis.

I sigh in relief as I step into the shower, washing off the dirt from yesterday.

What the hell am I going to tell mom?

I leave my wet hair hanging as I change into a comfy sweater and shorts. I really hope mom wouldn’t kill me for doing this.

But… after all these years, we’re going to be free. We can work for our own selves and we can keep our dignity.

I look out of my window, at the bright blue sky, at the birds chirping as they fly through the air. So alive. So free.

All over this world, in every pack, omegas are harassed, degraded and hell, even abused! Why? Because we can’t alter our blood lines? Because we can’t be ‘good enough’?

My hands close into fists.

If only I could change that. If only I could convey this message to all those omegas that they matter. Even if they aren’t as authorative as an Alpha, as composed as a beta, as strong the warriors, they still matter.

A knock on the door snaps me out of my thoughts.

A moment later, Luke enters, a file in his hand.

“Here,” he says, holding it out for me “Your contract.”

In a dream, in a daze, I take the document that will ensure my freedom.

Luke doesn't let go.

I look up at him, eyebrow raised. He scowls, just as usual.

"If you take this," he says "there's no going back. You'll have to leave the pack."

I try to pull the file, he still wouldn't let go "I know what I'm doing."

"Do you?" Luke steps closer, a hint of anger leaks in his voice "Do you have any idea what you'd do without a roof over your head and food in your stomach? This is insane, Hazel."

I consider his words for a moment.

"You're right, maybe I should demand some money too." I nod

Luke throws his hands up in the air, looking heavenwards, as if asking the goddess why he was paired with me.

“Pack your bags, we’re leaving in the evening.” Luke closes the door behind— hard.

I flinch at the loud bang! What is up with him? Mad that I didn’t turn out to be a pathetic female? Or that I’m his partner?

I huff as I read my contract, and despite Luke being mad at me, I cant help the smile that tugged at my lips when I read my freedom ticket.

***

In the evening, I enter Luke’s room, all packed.

He’s at his desk, looking through the damned book I’d gotten after so much effort.

“I’m done.” I say as I plop myself on his bed

He nods, turning the page of his book. My eyes stay glued to his hand.

Luke’s eyebrows furrow as his stormy eyes swim over the text. His hold on the little book tightens.

With a sigh, he finally he drops it on the table

“Luke,” I stay, not sure if I should be talking

“What?”

“Umm, your hands,” I say, still looking at his hands “They’re…”

I trail off, Luke turns his stormy blue eyes to my object of interest. His claws.

Luke goes still, his eyes stay on his claws— frighteningly long, razor sharp. In the blink of an eye, he goes out of the room.

Sometimes, when Lycans or werewolves feel angry or threatened, they retreat into their wolf form for show of dominance or for protection.

I stare at the door. Then I bolt to his desk and pick the book up. He’d dropped it face down, so they page is still the one he was reading.

Whoever holds the title of the Alpha Supreme is granted unexplainable power by the Moon Goddess. A ceremony takes place after the Alpha’s Hunt and the worthy Alpha is presented to the full moon. After this ceremony, the next Alpha supreme will only be chosen when the previous declares his reign to be over or 10 years later, during the next Hunt.

The power of the Alpha supreme is to rule over Lycans and werewolves alike. His will, body and soul are unbreakable.

Furrowing my brows, I put the book back. There’s nothing upsetting about it. Why did Luke’s body start to shift?

***

“How long until we get back?” I ask John, our driver to the back house, again

“A little while,” he says

“You’ve been saying that since the moment we came from the airport into this godforsaken vehicle!” I say

He doesn’t answer. With a huff, I lean back into the little space I have on the back seat of the car. If I were my choice, I’d shift and run back to the house.

Okay Elise, think. Think of the best way you can break this news to mom.

Goddess, it's almost as if I'm about to tell her I'm pregnant.

Hey mother! How are you? I'm exceptionally good, specially since I'm going on the Alpha's Hunt. Usually all the Alphas or Betas go there but you know me, I couldn't help myself.

“So,” Kassy, the blond omega beside me clears her throat “Are you really going on the Hunt?”

“Yup.” I say

“And did you really sneak into the ball?”

“Totally did.”

“That was very brave of you,” She gives me a small smile

“Thanks,” I grin “But I did get stuck with this Hunt for it.”

“No omega has ever gone on anything so important before.” She murmurs “So, uh, I just wanted to say that I’m really proud of you.”

I smile “Thank you, Kassy, I really—

A wolf jumps on the wind shield.

A scream rips past my mouth as the car skids to a stop, panic fills the air as growls echo all around. The door of the car suddenly opens and a foul stench reaches my nose as a man enters my vision.

Rouge.

He flashes his yellow teeth “Omegas, eh? This is going to be fun.”

He grabs Kassy by the arm and pulls her out just as the other door opens and someone pulls out the omega guy on my left.

“Hey!” I protest in vain when two big arms wrap around me and pull me out

I find myself held tightly by the mountain of a rouge. Around us, seven or maybe eight rouges, against five omegas. The other cars were already ahead of us, they wont be able to reach us on time. Oh goodness.

“Round ‘em up!” one man bellows as he knocks the living day lights out of John “I want a hunting contest!”

“Oh no,” the man who’d grabbed Kassy grins at her “I’m keeping this one alive.”

She whimpers, tears already pooling in her eyes. My eyes widen, I look around frantically. John’s out cold, Lycan omegas can hardly shift anyways, the other guy and girl with us look as good as faint and despite the other girl’s screams, I don’t see any help.

Do something you idiot! Do something!

In one reckless movement, I bite the arm of the man holding me. More from shock then from pain, he lets go with a yelp.

The sound of bones snapping and reshaping meets my ears and the next moment I’m tackling down the rouge who was holding Kassy, teeth sinking into his arm.

All around me, wolves are snarling and growling. The man I’d tackled down also shifts. His huge brown wolf easily knocks off my little white one.
I back away, ears flat on my head, bloody teeth bared but they’re too many, too strong.

This is it. Not mom, not my recklessness, not the Alpha’s hunt but this is what’s going to kill me. A bunch of rouges. Great plot twist fate, really great.

A wolf lunges at me, I brace myself for action but before I had the chance, something else stops it. Something like a man and a wolf, an 8-foot-tall beast. Lycan.

Soon enough, the forest around me fills with howls, growls and the smell of blood. I slip through the chaos, running full speed towards the pack house.

My body starts to feel weary, my legs slow down and soon enough I fall to my knees, forcefully shifting in my human form since omegas are too weak to stay in wolf form for long.
Huffing and sweating, I spit out the remaints of blood from my mouth, I will myself to keep going. Finally, Luke’s torturous exercise is coming in handy.

Only a few steps further, I stumble back, staring wide-eyed at the black wolf in front of me. The wolf bares its teeth at me but just as its eyes focus on my face, it stops.

Bones snap and reshape and I’m left staring at a stout, middle-aged man with a scared face. His green eyes stare at me in a mix of awe and disbelief.

I back away, searching my mind for an escape.

When he speaks, his gruff voice doesn’t surprise me half as much as his words;

Juliette?”

“What?” my mouth betrays me

The reality of the situation hits him. His hands turn into claws, canines elongate but before he could shift, a hand closes around his neck from behind and—

Snap!

He falls on the forest bed, unmoving, blood pools out from his mouth.

My eyes fly up to meet familiar stormy blue ones. Luke walks around the body, over to me.

His hands fall on my shoulders, they travel down my arms to my hands, causing my heart to squirm in its place.

"What are you─

Words die at my tongue when his warm, calloused hands cup my face. He leans forward, so close that I can see the storm in his dark blue gaze, so close I can feel his warm breath on my face.

"Luke," a little whisper leaves my mouth

"Shuss," He says quietly "Let me."

Luke turns my face to one side, then the other. Realization hits me like a brick in the face.

"If you wanted to know I'm okay," I snap, moving away from him "you could've just asked!"

"And believe you?" He raises an eyebrow

"You jerk!" I jab a finger at his chest, feeling my face warm up from embarrassment "I thought─ you─ you're about to─"

"What?" Luke raises both his eyebrows, trying to act clueless

Before I could give him a piece of my mind, he starts towards the direction I just came from.

“Get to the house.” He says firmly “I’ll be right back.”

I gather my scattering wits and dignity before I start running again. And finally, I reach the pack house.

***

“Sweetie, are you sure you’re alright?”

Mom asks me for the millionth time.

All the rouges were killed. Two pack members were killed. The night sky’s high above our heads and I am in bed with my mother fussing about me.

“Mom,” I say just as she’s about to get me more chicken soup

“Yes, Elise?” She asks

“During the attack,” I start quietly “A rouge said something to me.”

I look at her worried face and take a deep breath.

“He called me Juliette.”

The bowl in my mother’s hands crashes on the floor and breaks ito a million pieces.

***

Sneak peek!

"Hey Winters," He says, resting his hand against the doorway "Maybe you'd want to trade her for a while?"

Luke stares at his face indifferently.

Then he slams the car door shutー with Alpha Jordan's hand still in it.

***

Please comment and vote!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

852 1 23
I was the strongest Lycan in the world, I am the King of all supernaturals. Feared by everyone, envied by males and, lusted for by all females...my n...
5.5M 258K 69
"I'm a psycho at the bottom of the pack, and you're a warrior built to kill. Isn't it a weird mix?" He shrugs, a wicked grin plastered to his face. ...
859K 38K 48
As Alpha of the Blood Moon Pack, Everette Blackwood is required to find her mate. She's not too sold on the idea of needing a man at her side. When...
4.8K 373 34
He felt her presence and his eager wolf rose to the surface to get a peek at the beautiful female. ...